• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7792 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 415

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 413 414 415 416 417 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 17 2015 20:19 GMT
#8281
Now let us see can 3 Tanks and Brightwing protect Kael XD.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22649 Posts
May 17 2015 20:29 GMT
#8282
On May 18 2015 05:19 FeyFey wrote:
Now let us see can 3 Tanks and Brightwing protect Kael XD.

and will Khaldor's sanity last long enough to finish all the matches.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-17 20:50:58
May 17 2015 20:49 GMT
#8283
Khaldor casting so much Brightwing, that he will start acting like it. Sneaking on from behind "Friiieeeend ?" That picture is now in my head.
But that was the first time I saw Kael working out. But that map is so strong for aoes anyway.
5150_
Profile Blog Joined May 2015
8 Posts
May 18 2015 04:37 GMT
#8284
On May 18 2015 02:27 Kupon3ss wrote:
so at the moment it takes about 1/4th as much play to unlock everything in HotS as it does in LoL


HotS also has 123ish champs vs heroes 35ish.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
May 18 2015 06:03 GMT
#8285
Ugh, that business model though. I really want to give this game a shot but having to shell out hundreds of dollars for the full game is just absurd. What kind of game costs that much money?

I'll stick to the 100+ free heroes in Dota for now, I guess.
good vibes only
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
May 18 2015 06:09 GMT
#8286
On May 18 2015 15:03 Meta wrote:
Ugh, that business model though. I really want to give this game a shot but having to shell out hundreds of dollars for the full game is just absurd. What kind of game costs that much money?

I'll stick to the 100+ free heroes in Dota for now, I guess.

If you want to try the game don't let the fact that you can spend hundreds of dollars stop you. You don't have to spend anything to try it, or play forever if you decide you like it.
Writer
Big G
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy835 Posts
May 18 2015 09:55 GMT
#8287
I've been playing for ~7 months daily and I've spent 30€ so far (Starter Bundle + a few heroes on sale). Right now I have 27 out of 36 heroes and 33k gold. That's much more than the heroes I feel confident with: usually it takes me tens of games to play a single build at a decent level, probably 100+ for those heroes that have a flexible talent tree. So... I can't really understand the urge to unlock ALL heroes, although that's easy for me since I have no previous experience with MOBAs.

That said, considering that the market is already dominated by LoL and Dota, HotS could use a cheaper F2P model to lure more players. It doesn't make much sense to be the newcomer and the most expensive game at the same time.

TMG26
Profile Joined July 2012
Portugal2017 Posts
May 18 2015 10:00 GMT
#8288
On May 18 2015 18:55 Big G wrote:

That said, considering that the market is already dominated by LoL and Dota, HotS could use a cheaper F2P model to lure more players. It doesn't make much sense to be the newcomer and the most expensive game at the same time.



QFT.

There is also another benefit besides being more attractive for new players, Blizzard would be able to make more crazy abilities for heroes, as long as there are some counters in the hero pool, right now that isn't really appropriate since there are chances that some heroes need are not unlocked.
Supporter of the situational Blink Dagger on Storm.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
May 18 2015 10:28 GMT
#8289
On May 18 2015 18:55 Big G wrote:
I've been playing for ~7 months daily and I've spent 30€ so far (Starter Bundle + a few heroes on sale). Right now I have 27 out of 36 heroes and 33k gold. That's much more than the heroes I feel confident with: usually it takes me tens of games to play a single build at a decent level, probably 100+ for those heroes that have a flexible talent tree. So... I can't really understand the urge to unlock ALL heroes, although that's easy for me since I have no previous experience with MOBAs.

That said, considering that the market is already dominated by LoL and Dota, HotS could use a cheaper F2P model to lure more players. It doesn't make much sense to be the newcomer and the most expensive game at the same time.



I think the urge is to unlock the "OP" heroes in each role and having the possibility to pick what's "right" for your team. Right now, i'd consider you lucky, because you have the ability to simply unlock whatever hero you find important, but that's not the situation for others.

I do get it though, you'd obviously want a solid core for your own role as well as 1-2 heroes for every other role, but with the meta changing every now and then, you could be stuck with shitty alternatives to your otherwise solid picks.
hi
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
May 18 2015 10:34 GMT
#8290
On May 18 2015 15:03 Meta wrote:
Ugh, that business model though. I really want to give this game a shot but having to shell out hundreds of dollars for the full game is just absurd. What kind of game costs that much money?

I'll stick to the 100+ free heroes in Dota for now, I guess.


Unless you want every silly specialist design, you can get by just fine with the 10 heroes you need to be in hero league. Level 5 all free heroes every rotation, and it doesn't take long. Tanks mostly fulfill the same roles, so do ranged assassins, and one or two good healers is all you need. That's like 6 heroes. Then 4 flex spots to fill things out: maybe a specialist, another assassin, a hybrid class (Tyrael/Tyrande/Anub/Sonya), a mage (Jaina/KT), a regenbeast (Illidan/Thrall), or a ninja pubstomper (Zeratul/Nova).

Anything you unlock beyond that is gravy. Heck, anything beyond the 6 core heroes is gravy. And if you're doing quickmatch, you could even do it with 3.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
May 18 2015 12:34 GMT
#8291
On May 18 2015 19:34 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 15:03 Meta wrote:
Ugh, that business model though. I really want to give this game a shot but having to shell out hundreds of dollars for the full game is just absurd. What kind of game costs that much money?

I'll stick to the 100+ free heroes in Dota for now, I guess.


Unless you want every silly specialist design, you can get by just fine with the 10 heroes you need to be in hero league. Level 5 all free heroes every rotation, and it doesn't take long. Tanks mostly fulfill the same roles, so do ranged assassins, and one or two good healers is all you need. That's like 6 heroes. Then 4 flex spots to fill things out: maybe a specialist, another assassin, a hybrid class (Tyrael/Tyrande/Anub/Sonya), a mage (Jaina/KT), a regenbeast (Illidan/Thrall), or a ninja pubstomper (Zeratul/Nova).

Anything you unlock beyond that is gravy. Heck, anything beyond the 6 core heroes is gravy. And if you're doing quickmatch, you could even do it with 3.



disagree strongly. most people simply dont want to play the same hero over and over and over again. there are BIG differences in strength and roles within the basic tank/support/etc . and if you are barely scraping by the 10 hero limit you will quite often end up in a situation where you cant pick properly cause your only option got picked before you had the chance.


and yeah as others said, throwing a new casual version of the genre into the game while at the same time beeing the most expensive and anti consumer is just wrong.


life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
HerrHorst
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany140 Posts
May 18 2015 13:01 GMT
#8292
On May 18 2015 21:34 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 19:34 Yoav wrote:
On May 18 2015 15:03 Meta wrote:
Ugh, that business model though. I really want to give this game a shot but having to shell out hundreds of dollars for the full game is just absurd. What kind of game costs that much money?

I'll stick to the 100+ free heroes in Dota for now, I guess.


Unless you want every silly specialist design, you can get by just fine with the 10 heroes you need to be in hero league. Level 5 all free heroes every rotation, and it doesn't take long. Tanks mostly fulfill the same roles, so do ranged assassins, and one or two good healers is all you need. That's like 6 heroes. Then 4 flex spots to fill things out: maybe a specialist, another assassin, a hybrid class (Tyrael/Tyrande/Anub/Sonya), a mage (Jaina/KT), a regenbeast (Illidan/Thrall), or a ninja pubstomper (Zeratul/Nova).

Anything you unlock beyond that is gravy. Heck, anything beyond the 6 core heroes is gravy. And if you're doing quickmatch, you could even do it with 3.

and yeah as others said, throwing a new casual version of the genre into the game while at the same time beeing the most expensive and anti consumer is just wrong.


It's the same model like in League of Legends and from my impression you get new heroes way faster than in LoL:
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
May 18 2015 13:21 GMT
#8293
On May 18 2015 22:01 HerrHorst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 21:34 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
On May 18 2015 19:34 Yoav wrote:
On May 18 2015 15:03 Meta wrote:
Ugh, that business model though. I really want to give this game a shot but having to shell out hundreds of dollars for the full game is just absurd. What kind of game costs that much money?

I'll stick to the 100+ free heroes in Dota for now, I guess.


Unless you want every silly specialist design, you can get by just fine with the 10 heroes you need to be in hero league. Level 5 all free heroes every rotation, and it doesn't take long. Tanks mostly fulfill the same roles, so do ranged assassins, and one or two good healers is all you need. That's like 6 heroes. Then 4 flex spots to fill things out: maybe a specialist, another assassin, a hybrid class (Tyrael/Tyrande/Anub/Sonya), a mage (Jaina/KT), a regenbeast (Illidan/Thrall), or a ninja pubstomper (Zeratul/Nova).

Anything you unlock beyond that is gravy. Heck, anything beyond the 6 core heroes is gravy. And if you're doing quickmatch, you could even do it with 3.

and yeah as others said, throwing a new casual version of the genre into the game while at the same time beeing the most expensive and anti consumer is just wrong.


It's the same model like in League of Legends and from my impression you get new heroes way faster than in LoL:

this has to be joke
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
May 18 2015 13:40 GMT
#8294
This game is just as bad as Dota now with whining and griefing -_-. At the beginning it was different, people just played, doing their best. Now 50% of my games someone early gg's and afks or flaming the entire game. I guess at least it motivates me to play more Starcraft again lol.
Neosteel Enthusiast
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-18 14:06:25
May 18 2015 14:05 GMT
#8295
I have spent ~$30 on this game, buying only 7k or 10k heroes that were on sale (by far the best gold/$ ratio). I have not put that much time into this game but now have 20 heroes and ~10k gold. Honestly all the heroes I really want I now own (with tons to learn still). While the heroes may be expensive gold-wise, buying them on sale with money is really not too bad. Some people just don't want to pay for the game that they get a ton of entertainment and fun from, and if they don't, they need to accept the slower rate of unlockables.
I got nothin'...
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 18 2015 14:56 GMT
#8296
I'm completely F2P and have 14 heroes (with anub, sonya, raynor left as "cheap" heroes). It's seriously not that bad.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-18 15:52:16
May 18 2015 15:51 GMT
#8297
The problem with the model from my perspective is that I enjoy the diversity of play experience that comes with Moba games. That diversity is stifled with this business model. I have over 2000 games of dota and I never play the same hero more than once a week, and I play twenty to thirty games in that time. It's great, it never gets stale, and I have developed a robust understanding of every hero and every role. To get to that same level of diversity of experience in hots, I have to shell out hundreds of dollars or play the same 5 heroes dozens of times in a row. That sounds boring to me!
good vibes only
TMG26
Profile Joined July 2012
Portugal2017 Posts
May 18 2015 15:58 GMT
#8298
On May 18 2015 23:05 YouGotNothin wrote:
I have spent ~$30 on this game, buying only 7k or 10k heroes that were on sale (by far the best gold/$ ratio). I have not put that much time into this game but now have 20 heroes and ~10k gold. Honestly all the heroes I really want I now own (with tons to learn still). While the heroes may be expensive gold-wise, buying them on sale with money is really not too bad. Some people just don't want to pay for the game that they get a ton of entertainment and fun from, and if they don't, they need to accept the slower rate of unlockables.



That is a stupid justification. DotA doesn't have heroes to be unlocked, and most reports available show that the average DotA player spends more money on DotA than LoL.

While the heroes may be expensive gold-wise, buying them on sale with money is really not too bad.

Not too bad is still bad.
Supporter of the situational Blink Dagger on Storm.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
May 18 2015 16:06 GMT
#8299
Yea I don't see the huge problem with HotS's pricing model.

Unlocking characters is actually fairly quick as you level up, although I could see this dropping once you hit 40 without the 2000g every 5 levels, but daily quests really help with this, and stim packs also make everything a whole lot quicker if you want to just dump a couple dollars into it once in a while. Furthermore, I played LoL for quite a long time and own probably 70% of LoL heroes, and I definitely do not remember LoL being in any way faster than this; not only that, I distinctly remember that you couldn't just straight up buy individual heroes (you have to buy Riot points and then spend those). This can sometimes be good, but sometimes bad. It's not like this is an objectively worse system.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
May 18 2015 17:14 GMT
#8300
They want their players to play for years, not months. Obviously it's gonna take an insane amount of time to unlock all heroes f2p style, that's to be expected.
hi
Prev 1 413 414 415 416 417 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3179
Soma 346
Rush 271
Killer 93
ToSsGirL 86
Mong 71
Shinee 47
Counter-Strike
olofmeister700
byalli597
ceh9539
shoxiejesuss417
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g7466
WinterStarcraft564
Happy362
Sick331
dupreeh290
crisheroes172
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1350
• Stunt431
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.