• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:49
CEST 20:49
KST 03:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7969 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 414

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 412 413 414 415 416 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Selenus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States166 Posts
May 16 2015 19:48 GMT
#8261
Hi! I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm currently at 96 games and 65 wins, I don't know if that includes versus AI which i sometimes use to level heroes to get talent unlocks, but those are maybe 1/3 of my games so far. And I'm at player level 22, which seems low to me, and progress super slow. Is there a strategy to leveling my account and heroes?
ImFromPortugal
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal1368 Posts
May 16 2015 19:58 GMT
#8262
Where to watch vods of the latest tournaments ? thanks.
Yes im
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
May 16 2015 20:04 GMT
#8263
How many games do you think it would take to unlock all heroes without spending money? Hundreds?
good vibes only
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
May 16 2015 20:12 GMT
#8264
On May 17 2015 05:04 Meta wrote:
How many games do you think it would take to unlock all heroes without spending money? Hundreds?


I'd guess over a thousand. The game's built so that it takes a really long time to get gold so you're inclined to just spend money.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 16 2015 20:43 GMT
#8265
depends how often you play if you always stack up on 3 dailies you would make 200~ gold per game. So cheap heroes after 10 games and expensive ones after 50 (Kinda means you only play 1 game a day though). I consider this really fast, but Mobas seems to have faster progression then your normal f2p game.

And the only strategie is using a stim pack and/or playing with a friend. And try to not get the free stim pack on a tuesday, so you can use it for 2 hero rotations.
You can also replay the tutorial missions as it gives 1000 gold again ? (Not tested this myself yet)



Selenus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States166 Posts
May 16 2015 20:54 GMT
#8266
On May 17 2015 05:43 FeyFey wrote:
depends how often you play if you always stack up on 3 dailies you would make 200~ gold per game. So cheap heroes after 10 games and expensive ones after 50 (Kinda means you only play 1 game a day though). I consider this really fast, but Mobas seems to have faster progression then your normal f2p game.

And the only strategie is using a stim pack and/or playing with a friend. And try to not get the free stim pack on a tuesday, so you can use it for 2 hero rotations.
You can also replay the tutorial missions as it gives 1000 gold again ? (Not tested this myself yet)


I think that answers my question, thank you FeyFey.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22656 Posts
May 16 2015 20:57 GMT
#8267
Yeah they added a gold reward to the tutorials. You can click on the button and if there is a gold reward next to the tutorial you have not yet done it.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 16 2015 21:29 GMT
#8268
On May 17 2015 05:57 Gorsameth wrote:
Yeah they added a gold reward to the tutorials. You can click on the button and if there is a gold reward next to the tutorial you have not yet done it.


Thanks for the tip - easy money, easy life!
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-16 22:20:05
May 16 2015 22:01 GMT
#8269
I bought kaelthas at 15k this tuesday and ended up with 2k gold. Now I'm at 7.9k and have 2 daily quest, one of 300 gold and one of 800. And I'm still yet to get the 500 gold from the last tutorial+I havent got the stimpack for purchasing the starter pack yet. So while I'm not sure how much time or games you need to own all the heroes, I don't find the rate that bad. To give you an idea I've got 850 games played according to the game (not sure if they count the games I played in the alpha though). I've got 18 heroes and there is currently not a Hero I want ot need in the current rooster. Maybe I'll buy Johanna but thats just maybe. So I'd say getting a good ammount of heroes doesn't take to long, but...getting all, yeah that may be a while.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
May 17 2015 02:56 GMT
#8270
trying to hit level 12 playing quick match but Im hoping that maybe someone will add me to play with me, im on NA server if thats relevant Varanice#1118
www.twitch.tv/varanice
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-17 14:57:51
May 17 2015 14:55 GMT
#8271
On May 17 2015 07:01 [Phantom] wrote:
I bought kaelthas at 15k this tuesday and ended up with 2k gold. Now I'm at 7.9k and have 2 daily quest, one of 300 gold and one of 800. And I'm still yet to get the 500 gold from the last tutorial+I havent got the stimpack for purchasing the starter pack yet. So while I'm not sure how much time or games you need to own all the heroes, I don't find the rate that bad. To give you an idea I've got 850 games played according to the game (not sure if they count the games I played in the alpha though). I've got 18 heroes and there is currently not a Hero I want ot need in the current rooster. Maybe I'll buy Johanna but thats just maybe. So I'd say getting a good ammount of heroes doesn't take to long, but...getting all, yeah that may be a while.


well you played over 280 hours and paid for stuff. also lots of the goldgain is frontloaded. after lvl40 and having evrything to lvl 5 there isnt much to look out for.

also the $/€ prices for heroes/skins is stupidly high. its a very anti customer system with a smart entry so people get hooked till they realise that unless they spend 100$+ they wont have the choice to play evrything or even the majority.

they need to add lvl 40+ exp goldgain and make the rm prices more reasonable. or offer a smitelike" godpack" deal with normally priced well done skins for steady cashflow (NO to 10€ recolors.. greedy ass bitches...).

life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
May 17 2015 15:44 GMT
#8272
On May 17 2015 05:12 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2015 05:04 Meta wrote:
How many games do you think it would take to unlock all heroes without spending money? Hundreds?


I'd guess over a thousand. The game's built so that it takes a really long time to get gold so you're inclined to just spend money.



Probably closer to 3k than 1k if you ask me.
hi
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
May 17 2015 16:12 GMT
#8273
On May 17 2015 07:01 [Phantom] wrote:
I bought kaelthas at 15k this tuesday and ended up with 2k gold. Now I'm at 7.9k and have 2 daily quest, one of 300 gold and one of 800. And I'm still yet to get the 500 gold from the last tutorial+I havent got the stimpack for purchasing the starter pack yet. So while I'm not sure how much time or games you need to own all the heroes, I don't find the rate that bad. To give you an idea I've got 850 games played according to the game (not sure if they count the games I played in the alpha though). I've got 18 heroes and there is currently not a Hero I want ot need in the current rooster. Maybe I'll buy Johanna but thats just maybe. So I'd say getting a good ammount of heroes doesn't take to long, but...getting all, yeah that may be a while.


Damn. So you spent $40 and played 280 hours to get 18 heroes? Shit, man. No wonder everybody's on the FTP heroes every week.

Anyway, my personal way of handling these games is to steadfastly ignore the fact that they're FTP; just shell out the 20/60/100 bucks the game would be worth as a purchase, and treat anything you don't get as "unlockable." If I really like the game, I'll shell out at 6 month increments for "expansions" at the 5/20/40 those would be worth. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems like a decent way to go to me. I pay for my content, get a decent amount, and generally avoid whining.

All that said, a game like this should probably be a little more accessible to the legit FTP crowd; what they lack in age and wallet they make up for in in-game-killability. The more players, the better as far as I'm concerned, and the numbers might just help the matchmaking problems that are currently the biggest problem in game.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
May 17 2015 16:29 GMT
#8274
All heroes together should be 253 000 gold (assuming Kael'Thas & Johanna are bought at 10k gold and no further discounts happening). Average gold per match = 25g, if we go on the basis you'll play QM/Ranked modes.

You'll easily get account level 40, which reduces 16 000 gold needed, bringing it down to 237 000.

Let's also assume you actively try to play several heroes as they are on rotation to get them level 5 for extra gold. There are currently (37?) heroes, we'll go with a fairly reachable number of 30 heroes @ L5. = - 15 000 -> 222 000 gold left to account for.

Let's look at two activity levels, one where you only play the required matches for the dailies, and one where you play 2x the amount of games required for dailies. In these cases your effective gold gain per match is increased by 100g / 50g (see spoiler) respectively. The benefit of playing more will obviously make you reach the required gold faster even at the "lower efficiency per match", as you'll be doing the dailies in both cases regardless.
+ Show Spoiler +
The 3 wins for 600g quest throws off the real number by a bit, but assuming all quests have an equal likelyhood of appearing and you don't manipulate the chances by stacking quests for the ease of the calculation we'll get close enough approximations for an average case.


Going with a 50% winrate, you'll get on average 25g (62,5g w/ stim). Then we come into the four separate cases of..

No stimpack, high activity = 75g per match -> 222k / 75 = 2960 matches

With stimpack, high activity = 112,5g per match -> 222k / 112.5 = 1974 matches (rounded up)

No stimpack, low activity = 125g per match -> 222k / 125 = 1776 matches

With stimpack, low activity = 162,5g per match -> 222k / 162,5 = 1367 matches (rounded up).

As you can clearly see, if you play actively, stimpacks really cut down the amount of matches required to get more gold. Looking at from an F2P perspective, let's go with the no stimpack options. Given the amount of different daily quests an equal chance of appearing, we should be looking at ~3,22 matches / day with the "Low" activity, and ~6,44 with the "High" activity option.

With high activity, we'll reach a conclusion of 2960 matches / 6,44 per day = 460 days (~1 year & 3 months)
With low activity, we'll reach a conclusion of 1776 matches / 3,22 per day = 552 days (~1 year & 6 months)

For the sake of including stimpack:

High activity = 1974 / 6,44 = 307 days (~10 months) [-33.3% reduction]
Low activity = 1367 / 3,22 = 424 days (~1 year & 2 months) [-23.2% reduction]

With an amount of matches like that you'll probably get a favourite hero or two to level 15 (or even 20 if you really focus on some heroes, especially with stimpacks), cutting down the time required even further. But as you can clearly see, playing as F2P you're not gonna unlock everything anytime soon. (Not to mention there are a whopping 370k gold worth of master skins and a 20k gold mount to go for if you enjoy cosmetics!)

These numbers aren't 100% accurate but they're close enough to give a fair estimation of how long gathering gold in the game actually takes. Of course, extremely active players (especially with stimpack) can reach more gold even faster, but it'll require quite a bit of time spent daily to do so.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22656 Posts
May 17 2015 16:36 GMT
#8275
So Blizzard known Lili is bugged in a pretty devastating fashion. Why don't they disable the hero until they fix it?
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
May 17 2015 17:07 GMT
#8276
Because you can still beat her. She's not unbeatable bugged, just bugged
hi
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
May 17 2015 17:27 GMT
#8277
so at the moment it takes about 1/4th as much play to unlock everything in HotS as it does in LoL
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22656 Posts
May 17 2015 17:30 GMT
#8278
On May 18 2015 02:27 Kupon3ss wrote:
so at the moment it takes about 1/4th as much play to unlock everything in HotS as it does in LoL

The biggest difference (aside from number of champions) to me is the way your income feels. LoL gives you a steady income every game, HotS on the other hand works in bursts. Seeing that +10/20/30 gold when you need 2k+ is just depressing.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 17 2015 18:46 GMT
#8279
I like they daily quest system, as it demotivates farming. Which usually tends to increase silly behavior in games. But I have all the heroes I want and I don't know where to dump my gold ... and I basically played 300 games by now.
As for the skins, it works like steam.
Is it on sale ? -> no -> don't buy.

So they are using pretty much all the proven as successful ideas from all around, which usually make people more happy. (Steam sale thing is agonizing pain for me, so again it is not working for everyone)

I play this game for fun though not for a grinding experience, so gold gain could be 10 times lower and it wouldn't bother me as long as it doesn't forces me to buy anything. If you want grind, play asian mmorpgs. Took me 15 Month to get a 6% damage increase . Thats what I call a grind.
But then again Dota was basically a mmo simulator, where you start on a new server every game and aim to be the top dog. And it only takes 1 hour not a life time to see if you succeeded.
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-17 19:14:05
May 17 2015 19:01 GMT
#8280
On May 18 2015 01:12 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2015 07:01 [Phantom] wrote:
I bought kaelthas at 15k this tuesday and ended up with 2k gold. Now I'm at 7.9k and have 2 daily quest, one of 300 gold and one of 800. And I'm still yet to get the 500 gold from the last tutorial+I havent got the stimpack for purchasing the starter pack yet. So while I'm not sure how much time or games you need to own all the heroes, I don't find the rate that bad. To give you an idea I've got 850 games played according to the game (not sure if they count the games I played in the alpha though). I've got 18 heroes and there is currently not a Hero I want ot need in the current rooster. Maybe I'll buy Johanna but thats just maybe. So I'd say getting a good ammount of heroes doesn't take to long, but...getting all, yeah that may be a while.


Damn. So you spent $40 and played 280 hours to get 18 heroes? Shit, man. No wonder everybody's on the FTP heroes every week.

Anyway, my personal way of handling these games is to steadfastly ignore the fact that they're FTP; just shell out the 20/60/100 bucks the game would be worth as a purchase, and treat anything you don't get as "unlockable." If I really like the game, I'll shell out at 6 month increments for "expansions" at the 5/20/40 those would be worth. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems like a decent way to go to me. I pay for my content, get a decent amount, and generally avoid whining.

All that said, a game like this should probably be a little more accessible to the legit FTP crowd; what they lack in age and wallet they make up for in in-game-killability. The more players, the better as far as I'm concerned, and the numbers might just help the matchmaking problems that are currently the biggest problem in game.


The starter pack cost me between $3-$5 dollars, I'm talking about the one with Raynor/malf/muradin +the horse (they announced a new one that do cost $40, but that isn't available yet). I didn't get most heroes to lvl 5 yet, just the ones I own and 3-4 more, and most of the heroes I have cost 10k. I've bough 3 heroes at 15k too, so I haven't really been maximizing the gold gain as much as I could.

That being said, yeah it does take a while to get everything, but as I said, I'm not interested on getting everything, and a lot of people aren't. Some of them are though so it is good to have this kind of disscussions.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Prev 1 412 413 414 415 416 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
ProTech155
UpATreeSC 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20368
Calm 3631
Mini 405
Mind 77
Free 68
910 65
soO 33
Trap 31
Aegong 25
Dota 2
Gorgc4850
XaKoH 296
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6066
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3395
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt555
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor199
Livibee193
C9.Mang0140
Trikslyr124
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 80
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2304
Other Games
• imaqtpie757
• Shiphtur686
• tFFMrPink 5
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 11m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 11m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.