• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:06
CEST 03:06
KST 10:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6324 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 124

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 162 Next
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-04 19:37:31
December 04 2014 19:33 GMT
#2461
On December 04 2014 21:21 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 12:29 calgar wrote:
I think hearthstone stack resolution is illogical. Will someone explain why "Kezan Mystic steals Snipe or Mirror Entity without triggering it. Battlecries always trigger first."-Ben Brode but Jarraxxus is reduced to one health by Repentence?

We've had this discussion some pages back. Some say it works as intended, while I think they made Jaraxxus an exception in regards to secrets for some "cool" effects like Repentance and Mirror Entity to work. Jaraxxus the minion and Jaraxxus the hero are two entirely separate entities, technically speaking, and a secret should never just be applied to a hero like that. You have to hard code that behavior into the program for it to work like that.

In the end there's no way to find out who is right until we basically have a minion that kills itself with a battlecry so we can test how it would interact with these secrets (Will the secret trigger, resolve and do nothing, or will it not trigger at all?).


Re: Mirror Entity

Even if it kills itself, it still played itself first there's nothing about Mirror Entity saying the minion has to still be alive (like say you had stolen a Snipe earlier). I guess after Kezan Mystic is out we can test this for sure. But that's how I read it.

The Repentance thing is a little weird and is either a special case or a targeting thing, like Execute / Shadow Word: Death on a Spellbender. I'm leaning towards the latter. My reasoning is: I don't think Jaraxxus actually destroys himself, I think he just changes 'Card" type from Minion to Hero, which is why you can still Sacrificial Pact him, but not Shadow Bolt him IIRC.

Edit: Of course it seems like Kezan Mystic is going to bypass all of these possibilities and just be a special case because it would be really confusing if she didn't IMO.
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
December 04 2014 20:16 GMT
#2462
On December 05 2014 04:33 Wuster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 21:21 Conti wrote:
On December 04 2014 12:29 calgar wrote:
I think hearthstone stack resolution is illogical. Will someone explain why "Kezan Mystic steals Snipe or Mirror Entity without triggering it. Battlecries always trigger first."-Ben Brode but Jarraxxus is reduced to one health by Repentence?

We've had this discussion some pages back. Some say it works as intended, while I think they made Jaraxxus an exception in regards to secrets for some "cool" effects like Repentance and Mirror Entity to work. Jaraxxus the minion and Jaraxxus the hero are two entirely separate entities, technically speaking, and a secret should never just be applied to a hero like that. You have to hard code that behavior into the program for it to work like that.

In the end there's no way to find out who is right until we basically have a minion that kills itself with a battlecry so we can test how it would interact with these secrets (Will the secret trigger, resolve and do nothing, or will it not trigger at all?).


Re: Mirror Entity

Even if it kills itself, it still played itself first there's nothing about Mirror Entity saying the minion has to still be alive (like say you had stolen a Snipe earlier). I guess after Kezan Mystic is out we can test this for sure. But that's how I read it.

The Repentance thing is a little weird and is either a special case or a targeting thing, like Execute / Shadow Word: Death on a Spellbender. I'm leaning towards the latter. My reasoning is: I don't think Jaraxxus actually destroys himself, I think he just changes 'Card" type from Minion to Hero, which is why you can still Sacrificial Pact him, but not Shadow Bolt him IIRC.

Edit: Of course it seems like Kezan Mystic is going to bypass all of these possibilities and just be a special case because it would be really confusing if she didn't IMO.

Kezan Mystic will steal every secret without triggering it, that has already been confirmed.

And someone with Lorewalker Cho really needs to test out what happens if you play a minion into Mirror Entity + Snipe (as well as Snipe + Mirror Entity), both with a 4 health minion (will it die and then be copied?) and a 5 health minion (will it copy the damaged minion or the fully healed one?). That would answer some questions on how this all works, and whether Jaraxxus is an exception to the rule or not.
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
December 04 2014 20:19 GMT
#2463
I suppose playing Injured Blademaster / Faceless Manipulator into Mirror Entity doesn't prove anything?

(I did see the confirmation about the Kezan, it's just it breaks everything we know about how things resolve despite what Brode said, but then again he also said Tree of Life + Auchunai = instant death when we're fairly certain that's not a given).
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
December 04 2014 20:29 GMT
#2464
Nah. We already know that Mirror Entity triggers after the battlecry. The question is if it still triggers if the minion is gone after the battlecry (it does with Jaraxxus). The only way I can think of to simulate this is to kill the minion on play with Snipe, then see if Mirror Entity still triggers. If we take Jaraxxus as an example, it should copy the minion after it was killed with Snipe.

Though that wouldn't definitely solve the problem, since this isn't a battlecry interaction. But still, I'm curious what would happen.
Glorfindel!
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1815 Posts
December 04 2014 21:38 GMT
#2465
My Recombulator transformed a 2 mana minion into Knife Juggler, and the Knife Juggler triggered for one damage. Must be a bug?
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/598681/1/Glorfindel/ladder/161337#current-rank
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
December 04 2014 21:48 GMT
#2466
On December 05 2014 06:38 Glorfindel! wrote:
My Recombulator transformed a 2 mana minion into Knife Juggler, and the Knife Juggler triggered for one damage. Must be a bug?


Nope, consistent with existing mechanics. Battlecries finish before minions are played.
I am the Town Medic.
PushDown
Profile Joined December 2011
Italy208 Posts
December 05 2014 14:46 GMT
#2467
How can I change my hearthstone language?.

With the GvG arena tease patch, my client language reverse to it's original and I can't switch it up.
When I went to my Client file for a re-write of the location it already was on enUS, I tried with a enGB but it still in italian.

I usually play muted anyways but it stills nag me the wrong way whenever I read the new GvG cards.

Halp
Cogito ergo sum
klopetra
Profile Joined August 2012
35 Posts
December 05 2014 15:27 GMT
#2468
On December 05 2014 23:46 PushDown wrote:
How can I change my hearthstone language?.

With the GvG arena tease patch, my client language reverse to it's original and I can't switch it up.
When I went to my Client file for a re-write of the location it already was on enUS, I tried with a enGB but it still in italian.

I usually play muted anyways but it stills nag me the wrong way whenever I read the new GvG cards.

Halp


They added an option in the BNet-Client. Just go to Settings-> Game Settings and switch the language.

PushDown
Profile Joined December 2011
Italy208 Posts
December 05 2014 16:30 GMT
#2469
On December 06 2014 00:27 klopetra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2014 23:46 PushDown wrote:
How can I change my hearthstone language?.

With the GvG arena tease patch, my client language reverse to it's original and I can't switch it up.
When I went to my Client file for a re-write of the location it already was on enUS, I tried with a enGB but it still in italian.

I usually play muted anyways but it stills nag me the wrong way whenever I read the new GvG cards.

Halp


They added an option in the BNet-Client. Just go to Settings-> Game Settings and switch the language.


Thanks a lot.
Cogito ergo sum
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
December 06 2014 02:46 GMT
#2470
Do people stay play Arena? I've been playing for about 11 months and I still am not even close to having all the relevant legionaries. I only played Arena for about a month and decided I was bored of playing it because it's super luck based on the decks you get.

I kind of need to catch up on cards though with the new expansion coming out, so I'm thinking about picking up arena for a month or two to see if I can profit a bunch. Has arena gotten harder to get 6+ wins?
shur
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany35 Posts
December 06 2014 03:04 GMT
#2471
It's an awkward time for that question, as the GvG cards are just now available in arena and knowbody really know whether it's more or less balanced (although surely people will tell you what it's all about after experiencing the GvG cards for a few hours).

I'd say that with the release coming up, a lot of players will start playing arena or come back to it. Therefore, you should probably meet a wide variety of players of all experience levels. I think that getting 6+ wins right now is similar to how it was a year ago.
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-06 03:22:26
December 06 2014 03:21 GMT
#2472
wtf, I just played vs a mage who played 2 gnomish hellscreams...? The 2nd he got from the "copy every card you have on the field" thing, but I'm rogue and he's mage, how could he possibly get the first one?

(arena)
shur
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany35 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-06 03:32:00
December 06 2014 03:29 GMT
#2473
The new mage card "Unstable Portal (2 Mana)" adds a random minion to your hand. Pretty lucky guy i guess.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
leather gracket
Profile Joined January 2011
51 Posts
December 08 2014 03:48 GMT
#2474
I had Kel'Thuzad on the field and used Force of Nature

At the end of the turn, summon all friendly minions that died this turn.
Summon three 2/2 Treants with Charge that die at the end of the turn.


I ran the Treants into enemy minons, so they died.
after pressing Done, they got resurrected by Kel'thuzad and they did NOT die at the end of the turn.

the text of a Treant says:
Charge. At the end of the turn, destroy this minion.

so actually they should still die, shouldn't they? is this a (known) bug?
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
December 08 2014 09:11 GMT
#2475
On December 08 2014 12:48 leather gracket wrote:
I had Kel'Thuzad on the field and used Force of Nature

At the end of the turn, summon all friendly minions that died this turn.
Summon three 2/2 Treants with Charge that die at the end of the turn.


I ran the Treants into enemy minons, so they died.
after pressing Done, they got resurrected by Kel'thuzad and they did NOT die at the end of the turn.

the text of a Treant says:
Charge. At the end of the turn, destroy this minion.

so actually they should still die, shouldn't they? is this a (known) bug?


If you really played them in that order, then it sounds like a bug. Due to the order of being played, Kel'Thuzad's end of turn should fire first, and then force of nature after, meaning they should always die after being resurrected
JackDragon
Profile Joined February 2011
525 Posts
December 08 2014 18:39 GMT
#2476
On December 08 2014 18:11 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 12:48 leather gracket wrote:
I had Kel'Thuzad on the field and used Force of Nature

At the end of the turn, summon all friendly minions that died this turn.
Summon three 2/2 Treants with Charge that die at the end of the turn.


I ran the Treants into enemy minons, so they died.
after pressing Done, they got resurrected by Kel'thuzad and they did NOT die at the end of the turn.

the text of a Treant says:
Charge. At the end of the turn, destroy this minion.

so actually they should still die, shouldn't they? is this a (known) bug?


If you really played them in that order, then it sounds like a bug. Due to the order of being played, Kel'Thuzad's end of turn should fire first, and then force of nature after, meaning they should always die after being resurrected

No, The end of turn already happened. Then Kel'thuzad triggers. There are no end of turn after that that would trigger Treants. It is the transitioning to the end of turn step that is the trigger.
leather gracket
Profile Joined January 2011
51 Posts
December 08 2014 19:32 GMT
#2477
it's a pretty sick combo anyways :D
but not sure if the developers intended to have it like this
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-10 12:32:11
December 09 2014 13:36 GMT
#2478
Got it thx!
I had a good night of sleep.
zzxy22
Profile Joined June 2014
0 Posts
December 11 2014 16:12 GMT
#2479
played arena vs a mage, he played turn 8 jaraxxus and spawned a hellbringer right away, how is this even?
JackDragon
Profile Joined February 2011
525 Posts
December 11 2014 16:31 GMT
#2480
Unstable portal probably, I assume you mean Infernal.
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 212
ProTech151
ViBE128
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 700
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever480
Counter-Strike
taco 126
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1026
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 483
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur437
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 54m
INu's Battles
9h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 54m
OSC
21h 9m
Replay Cast
21h 54m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.