• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8094 users

Kidney Stones - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
April 30 2009 17:49 GMT
#21
this thread has completely terrified me of kidney stones, going to drink way more water now!
also, gl
TEXAN
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
April 30 2009 17:51 GMT
#22
"Diet soda may help with kidney stones
9:00 AM, April 26, 2009

Rarely do health experts admit that drinking soda may be good for you. Here's an exception: People who are prone to kidney stones may develop fewer stones by drinking diet soda.

Dietsoda The body needs to maintain a proper alkaline pH balance for healthy functioning. Increased alkalinity is known to be a factor in the development of kidney stones. A study presented today at the annual meeting of the American Urology Assn. meeting in Linthicum, Md., examined 15 popular diet sodas for their citrate and malate content, substances in soda that may help dissolve kidney stones. They found the sodas probably have enough of these substances to inhibit the formation of calcium stones. The researchers, from UC San Francisco, said Diet Sunkist Orange contained the greatest amount of total alkali and Diet 7-Up had the greatest amount of citrate alkali.

Of course, this doesn't give kidney stone sufferers a license to drink up. Kidney stones may be caused, in part, by dehydration, and people with recurring stones are advised to drink a lot of water.

"This study by no means suggests that patients with recurrent kidney stones should trade in their water bottles for soda cans," said Dr. Anthony Y. Smith, a spokesman for the American Urological Assn., in a news release. "However, this study suggests instead that patients with stone disease who do not drink soda may benefit from moderate consumption."

Source: LA Times
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
April 30 2009 17:52 GMT
#23
You have them to XoXiDe?

Yeah, this thread kinda fuckin' scares me too....especially with no insurance. ;-((
uglymoose89
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States671 Posts
April 30 2009 17:55 GMT
#24
Are you working part time or something so you can't get health insurance, if that's true that really sucks. Yea just drink a shit ton of water to help pass the stone. everyone in this thread has given some really great info. Go TL!
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
April 30 2009 17:55 GMT
#25
Nah, I work full time in a tech support call center, but I have too many bills that I couldn't afford to have the 60 bucks come out of my paycheck. :-\

uglymoose89
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States671 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:00:57
April 30 2009 18:00 GMT
#26
On May 01 2009 02:55 SuBlue wrote:
Nah, I work full time in a tech support call center, but I have too many bills that I couldn't afford to have the 60 bucks come out of my paycheck. :-\



Sorry to hear that. All you can do now is drink a lot of water and take some pain pills. Have you considered going to a county hospital where people w/o insurance go for treatment. I know the lines are killer but you may be able to get some sort of treatment there. :/ I dunno what else you can do.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
April 30 2009 18:04 GMT
#27
best of luck
it will make you a man
PadrinO
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada103 Posts
April 30 2009 18:07 GMT
#28
On May 01 2009 03:00 uglymoose89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2009 02:55 SuBlue wrote:
Nah, I work full time in a tech support call center, but I have too many bills that I couldn't afford to have the 60 bucks come out of my paycheck. :-\



Sorry to hear that. All you can do now is drink a lot of water and take some pain pills. Have you considered going to a county hospital where people w/o insurance go for treatment. I know the lines are killer but you may be able to get some sort of treatment there. :/ I dunno what else you can do.


He doesn't need treatments. The best thing to do is just to change your diet to make sure it doesn't come back.

For now just drink water and take your vicodin. It will hurt, but it will pass. Here, everything is covered by our national health care and they that's exactly what they tell me. You'd just be spending the extra bucks for a useless travel.
Tyrant
Profile Joined September 2003
Korea (South)234 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:12:13
April 30 2009 18:08 GMT
#29
On May 01 2009 02:39 VIB wrote:
Do it like Michael Moore did and get a boat to Cuba to get some decent treatment


Or learn how to manage your budget and get some insurance... oh wait, that means being responsible!

Diet is believed to be less of a factor than heredity unless you're consuming large quantity of oxalates in which case you should stop if you are... no rhubarb pie for you~
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
April 30 2009 18:08 GMT
#30
On May 01 2009 02:52 SuBlue wrote:
You have them to XoXiDe?

Yeah, this thread kinda fuckin' scares me too....especially with no insurance. ;-((


no luckily I don't have them and I dont' know any of my immediate family who has had them, but i don't have insurance either and i think it best to take the necessary steps to avoid kidney stones. i do exercise a lot but i think i can still drink more water than what i do, usually i take a water bottle with me to school to drink in class and drink at home fairly often. but yes, scariest thread ever.
TEXAN
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
April 30 2009 18:08 GMT
#31
Yeah, I got it because of my diet I think.

I drink about 64oz of soda a day, I eat maybe 1 meal, if that...and when I do eat, its just pure shit, pizza, fast food, doritos etc. I smoke maybe 10-12 cigs a day too. I never drink water, and I'm only 22.

Having this happen, I'm going to start eating right, exercising and taking care of my body. Not gonna stop smoking though! :p
PadrinO
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada103 Posts
April 30 2009 18:11 GMT
#32
On May 01 2009 03:08 SuBlue wrote:
Yeah, I got it because of my diet I think.

I drink about 64oz of soda a day, I eat maybe 1 meal, if that...and when I do eat, its just pure shit, pizza, fast food, doritos etc. I smoke maybe 10-12 cigs a day too. I never drink water, and I'm only 22.

Having this happen, I'm going to start eating right, exercising and taking care of my body. Not gonna stop smoking though! :p

If your only 22, it's genetic for sure. You'll be stuck for it your whole life which means you just need to change your diet after you pee'd this demon.

Really, it's really not a problem, you just need to drink maybe 3-4 glass of water everyday. But since I hate water, I'd rather change my whole diet.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
April 30 2009 18:11 GMT
#33
Well as much as I know, fluids and painkillers aren't gonna solve the problem. You have to change your rations, that's the main thing and while it happens (you need to consult your doctor for what exactly to change) and of course do the drinking and painkillers.
Those stones don't appear out of nothing, those are most likely mineralized parts of different substances which you get inside you from eating different food.
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:13:36
April 30 2009 18:13 GMT
#34
Yeah, I've had about 3 glasses of water since I woke up, going to for sure change my diet and start being healthy, if anything, this is a wake up call for me.

I mean fuck, I'm 22...this shouldn't be happening for at least 10-15 years, and if its happening now...what will happen in 20 years from now?
uglymoose89
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States671 Posts
April 30 2009 18:13 GMT
#35
On May 01 2009 03:08 SuBlue wrote:
Yeah, I got it because of my diet I think.

I drink about 64oz of soda a day, I eat maybe 1 meal, if that...and when I do eat, its just pure shit, pizza, fast food, doritos etc. I smoke maybe 10-12 cigs a day too. I never drink water, and I'm only 22.

Having this happen, I'm going to start eating right, exercising and taking care of my body. Not gonna stop smoking though! :p


Wow with that diet i'm suprised you never got it earlier. Just try eating a salad once a day and you would be so much better. And drink propel/gatorade instead of all that soda. You can find some of the powder mixes at store for pretty cheap. Yea, GL to you.
Pika Chu
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Romania2510 Posts
April 30 2009 18:14 GMT
#36
That sucks for you mate.

Try googling some "naturistic" treatments.

Now, some have always been questioning here "how could the american medicare be bad"... this thread's your answer, wouldn't have happened in europe.
They first ignore you. After they laugh at you. Next they will fight you. In the end you will win.
Tyrant
Profile Joined September 2003
Korea (South)234 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:17:31
April 30 2009 18:14 GMT
#37
On May 01 2009 03:08 SuBlue wrote:
Not gonna stop smoking though! :p


Yea, why worry about the real problems when you can focus on your caloric intake and your sodium levels. I hear emphysema is way better than kidney stones--In 20 years can you let me know?


Now, some have always been questioning here "how could the american medicare be bad"... this thread's your answer, wouldn't have happened in europe.


Wouldn't have happened if he used his cigarette money for insurance either. Insurance isn't expensive. Medical in America isn't bad, it's the people who don't give a fuck about themselves that make it seem like it's bad.
PadrinO
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada103 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:15:19
April 30 2009 18:15 GMT
#38
If you really want to be lazy about it they can make you piss in a thing for 24 hours(full 24hours check-up of your urine) and determine the exact reason why the stones are forming. Then they can give you pills so it doesn't come back.... but as I said, it's just smarter and less hassle to convert yourself to water if you can do that(and with additional benefits on top of it).
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
April 30 2009 18:32 GMT
#39
On May 01 2009 03:13 SuBlue wrote:
Yeah, I've had about 3 glasses of water since I woke up, going to for sure change my diet and start being healthy, if anything, this is a wake up call for me.

I mean fuck, I'm 22...this shouldn't be happening for at least 10-15 years, and if its happening now...what will happen in 20 years from now?


It's got nothing to do with age. Had kidney stone when I was 4 years old
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
April 30 2009 18:35 GMT
#40
That sucks.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4853
Leta 1852
Shuttle 1725
BeSt 394
Soma 123
Soulkey 63
ZergMaN 57
sorry 43
Shine 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Other Games
summit1g8211
WinterStarcraft668
Sick210
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1116
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 50m
Patches Events
7h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 50m
OSC
15h 50m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.