• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:33
CEST 16:33
KST 23:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8621 users

Kidney Stones - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
April 30 2009 18:38 GMT
#41
On May 01 2009 02:49 XoXiDe wrote:
this thread has completely terrified me of kidney stones

me too :o
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
April 30 2009 18:40 GMT
#42
I just can't really imagine passing through stones through my dick.

That's an incredibly messed up thought.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:42:01
April 30 2009 18:40 GMT
#43
They say that the only pain worse than passing a kidney stone is natural birth.

So, ummm... good luck with that.

Edit: haha inc. sniped.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 30 2009 18:41 GMT
#44
I am really sorry dude I heard this is the male equivalent to pregnancy and is REALLY painful. Get some pain meds.. take care of yourself and good luck!
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
April 30 2009 18:46 GMT
#45
I'm sure it can't be more painful then WCG Ultimate Gamer...You were the only true gamer there, everyone else was a little poser casual bitch. I mean, DDR...come the fuck on!
PadrinO
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada103 Posts
April 30 2009 18:50 GMT
#46
On May 01 2009 03:40 CubEdIn wrote:
They say that the only pain worse than passing a kidney stone is natural birth.

So, ummm... good luck with that.


The pain in my lower back has always been 10x more hurtful. than the actual "evacuation" of the stone throughs my canals.

And when I said I would have shot myself, I am serious about it. The last time it was hell.

I get woken up: Back is hurting so I'm like... maybe it won't be too bad this time.
10 Minutes: Can barely walk... this is unusually fast, so I get my dilaudid that I kept home from my last "crisis" and pop 2mg.
15 Minutes: In pain and trying to lay on the bed so it doesn't hurt as much.
20 Minutes: Waiting for the pills to make their effect, still in pain and complaining.
25 Minutes: Start vomitting
30 Minutes: I feel a little better but I figured I puked out my dilaudid, so I pop another 2mg to make sure the pain goes away fast
35 Minutes: Start screaming in pain and vomited 2 times consecutively, hospital time
36 Minutes: Ambulance have a 4 hours responding time for Kidney Stone, not an urgent matter, WTF?

From there I had to call my mother to grab me up. It's 3:00 pm. Stuck in the traffic trying to get to the hospital. A whole 30 minutes banging my head into the car saying I want to die. In front of my mother too, nice.

As soon I got to the hospital they made me wait 45 minutes on the bed because the doctor was unavailable and they couldn't give me intraveinous pain meds. The whole 45 minutes I screamed banging my head against the wall and telling everybody I wanted to die and crying like a baby.

And then... there was the pain meds. Didn't take 30 seconds and I was floating. Thanks god for hydromorphone.

Longest 2 hours of my life prior to that though.
PadrinO
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada103 Posts
April 30 2009 18:51 GMT
#47
I'd be curious to know about other people that have had the problem. Which was worse? The urinating or the lower back pain prior to it?
Pioneer
Profile Joined December 2008
994 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 18:56:44
April 30 2009 18:54 GMT
#48
On May 01 2009 01:53 food wrote:
they wont help you with this if you dont have insurance? ROFL im about to flee US anyways, this only adds to the pot
kidney stones are usually operated, but you can try some other things. Get some literature, esp on "non-traditional" medicine, i remember they had few ideas on how to get rid of those involving olive oil and lemon juice or something like that, it could be pretty painful
im sure they could have prescribed you some medications to begin with, not just vicodin and water LOL
this country never ceased to amaze me

Ok, no reason to be scared about kidney stones. Firstly don't listen to this guy, kidney stones aren't usually operated on. A couple people in my family frequently get kidney stones and they've always passed them and that's the case with most people. It's going to hurt like hell but you'll probably pass it.

My grandmother gets them about every month or 2 months and she just drinks a lot of water.

They suck but there's no reason to be scared. And if you're going to have to deal with the pain you might as well go to work. It'd be better making some money and be in pain rather than sitting at home at the computer, making no money & in pain. (depending on your job of course. If you sit at a desk I would say go but if you do like manual labor probably not).

You're vomiting and crap? What the hell. I can understand it hurting enough to make you feel nauseated but that's kind of a lot. Are they sure it'd kidney stones btw? I had a kidney infection before and I had the same kind of pain in my back and felt sick occasionally.
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
April 30 2009 18:55 GMT
#49
So far for me, I haven't really had any urination issues...it's felt a little uncomfortable, but not too bad yet. When it first started, that lower back pain was fucking intense....every time I feel it starting up, I pop a 5mg tab of vicodin, and its gone in 15 min or less.

Going to make working kind of hard, I work in a call center for tech support....so being drugged up on vicodin I'm sure will impair my ability to troubleshoot. :-\
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
April 30 2009 18:57 GMT
#50
On May 01 2009 03:08 SuBlue wrote:
Yeah, I got it because of my diet I think.

I drink about 64oz of soda a day, I eat maybe 1 meal, if that...and when I do eat, its just pure shit, pizza, fast food, doritos etc. I smoke maybe 10-12 cigs a day too. I never drink water, and I'm only 22.

Having this happen, I'm going to start eating right, exercising and taking care of my body. Not gonna stop smoking though! :p


My diet wasn't that great about a year ago, but I started working out a lot because of my career path and really started eating healthy. My tips for you if you'd like to start eating healthier just from what has worked for me would be to not buy sodas, if you don't have them in your house or apartment you're not going to drink them as often. I usually limit myself to one junk food day a week. Also buy a water bottle and take it with you, trust me if you have it with you, you will get thirsty and you will drink it, plus you can fill up at a water fountain instead of having to spend a buck and waste a plastic dasani bottle. Buy good snacks like baby carrots, or healthy trail mix instead of oreos or whatever. Also, eat breakfast! oatmeal for sure is a healthy breakfast, make an omelet with onions & tomato or something. Everything else is obvious i guess, eat vegetables and more fruits, also stop smoking! :/
TEXAN
Pioneer
Profile Joined December 2008
994 Posts
April 30 2009 19:01 GMT
#51
That's a bit to much for kidney stones, I don't know the ins and out of how the insurance thing works but could your parents possibly put you on their insurance until you can get this whole situation worked out? Blood in the urine and the amount of pain + vomiting seems way different than kidney stones. I'm not a doctor nor very knowledgeable about this stuff but it seems a lot like when I had my kidney infection. Have you tried drinking any cranberry juice? That seemed to help me a lot and it's supposed to be good for flushing your kidneys.
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
April 30 2009 19:04 GMT
#52
If you didn't have that much pain while urinating out the stone, consider yourself lucky. Kidney stones vary WILDLY in size and shape (some can by sharp and spikey, others smooth) My friend's uncle compared it to getting shot in vietnam and said passing his kidney stone was considerably worse. The scene in the washroom after he was done was apparently like a murder scene - blood on the floor, walls, ceiling (!?), etc.

Imagine passing this instead of your smooth little grains:
[image loading]


LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 19:06:42
April 30 2009 19:05 GMT
#53
I just took my clinical skills for pharmacy exam and we had a case of kidney stones on it! If you aren't getting hospitalized you're suppose to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, and your suppose to filter out the kidney stones when you pee and keep them. Morphine or something else is given as a pain medication but I guess you aren't getting those unless you actually get diagnosed or whatever.

PS- That was my last exam of this semester. YAY!
ilistis
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States828 Posts
April 30 2009 19:07 GMT
#54
On May 01 2009 04:04 psion0011 wrote:
If you didn't have that much pain while urinating out the stone, consider yourself lucky. Kidney stones vary WILDLY in size and shape (some can by sharp and spikey, others smooth) My friend's uncle compared it to getting shot in vietnam and said passing his kidney stone was considerably worse. The scene in the washroom after he was done was apparently like a murder scene - blood on the floor, walls, ceiling (!?), etc.

Imagine passing this instead of your smooth little grains:
[image loading]




That horrified me and made me laugh at the same time.
"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."-William Faulkner *_*_*_Kolll FAN_*_*_*
SuBlue
Profile Joined April 2009
United States59 Posts
April 30 2009 19:08 GMT
#55
I really could have gone without seeing that image, lol.

I just hope this gets resolved quickly, the back pain has not been very bad since the first time, and I stopped having weird shooting pains in my abdomen, so...Iunno what the situation is currently.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 19:23:07
April 30 2009 19:22 GMT
#56
[image loading]
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
April 30 2009 19:33 GMT
#57
I know exactly what you're going through but I can't really say anything to help other than what advice everyone else has given you. Though I am rather jealous you get a pain killer that works, I had to endure the pain because the stuff they prescribed me didn't do shit.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=67925
♞
SoulMarine
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States586 Posts
April 30 2009 19:34 GMT
#58
Diet soda + Lots o' lemon + Water. Stir and drink.
베이비 폭스 WeMade 파이팅! ~ WeMade 팬 ~ BaBy 팬 ~ щ(゚Д゚щ) Gee Gee Gee Gee BaBy BaBy BaBy ♫♫
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 30 2009 19:36 GMT
#59
For what it's worth, not all kidney stone cases are that bad. If you're lucky you'll end up like me: I've never experienced anything worse than a very bad pain in my abdomen (not enough to make me vomit or pass out, though). I'm lucky enough to not know what it feels like to pass a kidney stone, even though I've had them repeatedly -- probably just really small ones.

Personally, I'm fine as long as I drink "enough" water, which basically translates to: I have to dirnk extra water whenever I'm sweating.

If I do some exercise without drinking anything, or just not drink enough in general, then I go through the following stages:
1. I feel mild pain in my back, on one side. (doesn't always happen)
2. I feel sharp pain in my lower abdomen.
3. At this point I know what's wrong and I'm drinking a lot of water, or sometimes orange or lemon juice (the commercial kind).
4. The pain in my abdomen gradually subsides over a few hours.

If I'm lucky, the symptoms start with a mild tingling in my lower abdomen, which might not be caused by a stone at all, but it gets me drinking water right away for fear of future pain, so it's good either way.


As for what to consume when you have a stone, personally I've done fine with just water, but keep in mind that different kidney stone sufferers can have their stones caused by completely different things. In addition, I've never had a severe case before, so while water alone might be good enough for me, it might not be sufficient for someone with bigger stones.

Furthermore, I drink a lot of milk and orange juice. I've heard claims that both of them can make kidney stones both better and worse, so I just say -it, they're both good for me so I'm going to keep drinking them. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if some people's stones are directly caused by drinking too much milk or orange juice, so each person has to find what works for them.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
April 30 2009 21:02 GMT
#60
Go to the ER they can't turn you away.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 95
Codebar 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63287
Bisu 3104
FanTaSy 1185
Stork 743
Rush 558
hero 253
Snow 227
firebathero 200
Mind 104
Free 84
[ Show more ]
Last 75
Sexy 64
Sea.KH 63
Pusan 57
Sharp 57
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 33
Bale 28
Mong 25
Hm[arnc] 23
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 20
Rock 19
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9058
Dendi917
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
singsing2701
fl0m2388
Liquid`RaSZi1328
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt622
Mlord409
Happy367
Khaldor333
KnowMe263
Hui .201
crisheroes191
olofmeister183
Chillindude68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• Nemesis4226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1322
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
OSC
8h 28m
Replay Cast
8h 28m
OSC
21h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.