• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:45
CEST 04:45
KST 11:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7398 users

The China Politics Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 47 Next All
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 21 2022 02:05 GMT
#121
--- Nuked ---
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 02:05 GMT
#122
http://think.szonline.net/sltx/20211226/202112175462.html
another one
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 02:10 GMT
#123
https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1672936080373451798&wfr=spider&for=pc
official statements of Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the problem
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-05-21 02:24:12
May 21 2022 02:23 GMT
#124
--- Nuked ---
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 03:15 GMT
#125
that's why I didn't search any info for you , man see what they want to see anyway.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 21 2022 03:21 GMT
#126
--- Nuked ---
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 03:32 GMT
#127
I didn't read through the whole articles, I just found some news for you to read. and the first article is related with Italians and the last one is an answer to a french press on excatly the question. I don't know much about SaudiArabia, are they not member of american allies? oh someone got dismembered years ago? The might have bad human rights there, they agreeing with our govs policy doesn't mean anything to me, western countries agree with our gov policies too, sometimes at least.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
May 21 2022 03:37 GMT
#128
On May 21 2022 12:15 fakovski wrote:
that's why I didn't search any info for you , man see what they want to see anyway.

For what it's worth I appreciate you giving some insight on your perspective of what is going on there.

My intention isn't to be patronizing so I apologize if I come off that way. I don't want to pester you with "As a Chinese person in China...?" type questions but if you'd prefer to field some questions about your (or general Chinese) experiences/life in China I've got some ready.

One would be: Do you personally vote in your local elections?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 03:54 GMT
#129
On May 21 2022 12:37 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2022 12:15 fakovski wrote:
that's why I didn't search any info for you , man see what they want to see anyway.

For what it's worth I appreciate you giving some insight on your perspective of what is going on there.

My intention isn't to be patronizing so I apologize if I come off that way. I don't want to pester you with "As a Chinese person in China...?" type questions but if you'd prefer to field some questions about your (or general Chinese) experiences/life in China I've got some ready.

One would be: Do you personally vote in your local elections?

NO .
I am living in a city,usually elections are down by party leaders in your block. they vote for upper class of leaders, and those leaders vote for city governers, and province governers...state governers....

In rural areas, farmers do vote personaly for village leaders or town leaders, then those leaders vote for upper class leaders.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-05-21 05:24:11
May 21 2022 04:37 GMT
#130
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24377 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-05-21 04:56:09
May 21 2022 04:52 GMT
#131
On May 21 2022 12:54 fakovski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2022 12:37 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 21 2022 12:15 fakovski wrote:
that's why I didn't search any info for you , man see what they want to see anyway.

For what it's worth I appreciate you giving some insight on your perspective of what is going on there.

My intention isn't to be patronizing so I apologize if I come off that way. I don't want to pester you with "As a Chinese person in China...?" type questions but if you'd prefer to field some questions about your (or general Chinese) experiences/life in China I've got some ready.

One would be: Do you personally vote in your local elections?

NO .
I am living in a city,usually elections are down by party leaders in your block. they vote for upper class of leaders, and those leaders vote for city governers, and province governers...state governers....

In rural areas, farmers do vote personaly for village leaders or town leaders, then those leaders vote for upper class leaders.

Thanks. Did you grow up in the city or move there at some later age? I ask because I'm curious if you also have personal experience in a more rural part of China so I can stick to asking stuff you're more familiar with.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 04:59 GMT
#132
On May 21 2022 13:52 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2022 12:54 fakovski wrote:
On May 21 2022 12:37 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 21 2022 12:15 fakovski wrote:
that's why I didn't search any info for you , man see what they want to see anyway.

For what it's worth I appreciate you giving some insight on your perspective of what is going on there.

My intention isn't to be patronizing so I apologize if I come off that way. I don't want to pester you with "As a Chinese person in China...?" type questions but if you'd prefer to field some questions about your (or general Chinese) experiences/life in China I've got some ready.

One would be: Do you personally vote in your local elections?

NO .
I am living in a city,usually elections are down by party leaders in your block. they vote for upper class of leaders, and those leaders vote for city governers, and province governers...state governers....

In rural areas, farmers do vote personaly for village leaders or town leaders, then those leaders vote for upper class leaders.

Thanks. Did you grow up in the city or move there at some later age?


Grown up in the city. I hadn't voted yet, when there's no TV debate and you don't really know what are the thoughts of potential leaders, vote became a gamble, however I find its no better in foreign lands. "King of know-all" and "King of sleep"we call Trump and Biden.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 21 2022 05:10 GMT
#133
--- Nuked ---
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 06:00 GMT
#134
On May 21 2022 14:10 JimmiC wrote:


I tried google both in english and Chinese to see if they were complimenting or mock Trump. Can you point me in the direction of these chats or articles?

of course there’s no article about mocking foreign leaders. Its just a nickname we Chinese webbers use. try to search in Chinese “懂王” and “睡王” instead.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 06:02 GMT
#135
On May 21 2022 13:37 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2022 12:32 fakovski wrote:
I didn't read through the whole articles, I just found some news for you to read. and the first article is related with Italians and the last one is an answer to a french press on excatly the question. I don't know much about SaudiArabia, are they not member of american allies? oh someone got dismembered years ago? The might have bad human rights there, they agreeing with our govs policy doesn't mean anything to me, western countries agree with our gov policies too, sometimes at least.

Yes terrible, that is the point and why them supporting China on human rights is not a positive. No one who would be positive would ir did agree.

I did not want random articles in Chinese, I could google those, I asked for insightful local sources that helped with your perspective.

I notice you dodge all my direct questions, which is very telling.

Do you think that if the Gov is censoring for such silly reasons as too gloomy that they are also censoring any critism, especially those that include not flattering truth?

Im not american so your weak and blatant dodge really missed the mark. But me and Americans have no problem finding, reading and commenting on negative things about our countries, their allies, politicians and so on.

This is not a my country is perfect and yours is not. This is a your country is commiting massive human rights abuses, is terrible for the environment, does not allow free speech, is terrible on LGBTQ+ issues, censors all news and information, is imperialistic, has rampant nepotism and privilege, is imperialistic and expansionist, leads the world in dealth penalty, political prisioners.

China like every country should be open to critism and if they feel it is unfair or untrue they should explain why. Censoring, hiding information, not letting everyone see should make everyone question what those curating the news and raking in billions intrests really are.

I will reply on this later,when I have more spare time.
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
May 21 2022 08:18 GMT
#136
Found out a new one yesterday watching a documentary on the Yangtze River; apperently Chinese citizens are not even allowed to own their own house; they can only lease it long term from the goverment, and, as in the case of the building of the great damn, which allegedly powers 1/10 of chinas massive energetical needs, over 5 million people had to forcefully give up their homes, because the homes ended up being flooded;
Now a lot of people where not happy with having to be relocated against their will for “the greater good” ; especially old people that where farmers and know of no other way of life. Because they do not dwell well in their new homes that look like Soviet blocks.
The goverment did spend also 150 million usd to relocate historical buildings that where going to be submerged underwater. And many of them did indeed go underwater, as moving to higher ground a 2000 year old building does not always go as planned.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 09:55 GMT
#137
On May 21 2022 13:37 JimmiC wrote:

I did not want random articles in Chinese, I could google those, I asked for insightful local sources that helped with your perspective.

I notice you dodge all my direct questions, which is very telling.

Do you think that if the Gov is censoring for such silly reasons as too gloomy that they are also censoring any critism, especially those that include not flattering truth?

Im not american so your weak and blatant dodge really missed the mark. But me and Americans have no problem finding, reading and commenting on negative things about our countries, their allies, politicians and so on.

This is not a my country is perfect and yours is not. This is a your country is commiting massive human rights abuses, is terrible for the environment, does not allow free speech, is terrible on LGBTQ+ issues, censors all news and information, is imperialistic, has rampant nepotism and privilege, is imperialistic and expansionist, leads the world in dealth penalty, political prisioners.

China like every country should be open to critism and if they feel it is unfair or untrue they should explain why. Censoring, hiding information, not letting everyone see should make everyone question what those curating the news and raking in billions intrests really are.


I did not want random articles in Chinese, I could google those, I asked for insightful local sources that helped with your perspective.----- what I offered you are local insightful sources, I searched the keywords on your question, they are local so they are in Chinese, and I offered my testimony, isn't that enough? or maybe you tell me what is really insightful for you? a self-criticism on china' systems? There are many chinese books on ridiculous educational systems/high prices of house/ famers' burden/vulnerable members of the society....., they are very good, unfortunately they are not translated into English.
Do you think that if the Gov is censoring for such silly reasons as too gloomy that they are also censoring any critism, especially those that include not flattering truth? --------They are not fully censored, we hear critisms like everyday, the most recent one is that on 17th May, "Nelson, Director of NASA blame China for stealling technology from U.S. and the day before yesterday the United States Department of Justice criticize on Chinese human rights. I found these news on chinese websites, and I am sitting here facing your critism, isn't that much telling? It is , a bit silly, I would say, to ban BBC or youtube, but they did it for some reasons. There are many vicious contents on the web,for example, you would not advice your kid to view porntube, or your ppl to view “dark past of ccp".

Im not american so your weak and blatant dodge really missed the mark. But me and Americans have no problem finding, reading and commenting on negative things about our countries, their allies, politicians and so on.--------when I saw you ID I thought you were a chinese, because JimmyChen is a very common English name for a chinese, and webbers from taiwan or HK are the most anti-china ppl. I didn't dodge anything, my speech here are quite plain. We chinese ppl talk about corruptions of goverment leaders on chinese forums too, but not the president. If you make such a topic, it will come to a immediately deletion. However, our president doesn't make much speech on TV, what to argue ?His policies are good for people, his books and articles are mainly focus on improving people's lives. I am not targeting American or Canada, I know the people there are usually nice. I have some american church members friends.

This is not a my country is perfect and yours is not. ------who said that? The chinese ppl know clearly of our imperfections, it is the Internet-era , when bad things happen you hear it on smartphones 5minutes after. We have an app called wechat and ppl share info/videos instantly,you can not cosore millions messages at every second, you know what I mean?

This is a your country is commiting massive human rights abuses--- partly truth, for example, many ppl work additional hours without fair payment (damn capitalists!), as for the Urguns problems even thousands is not a massive number comparing with their population. millions? are you kidding me.

is terrible for the environment---------- when you are the world factory and have the largest population , you of course produce more pollutions than other countries. The goverment is taking actions on environmental protections,the chines laws of environmental protections are published in 2014,I can feel the progress we made.

does not allow free speech--------ppl talk about everything on chinese forums, they can do peacefully demonstration to protest, I saw protestors gathering infront of local goverment doors like several times a year. and if they are not satisfied they can go to Beijing,there is a Letters and Complaints Bureau.

is terrible on LGBTQ+ issues---------- this is the most ridiculous part, LGBTQs are not descriminated today in China, I do have a transsexual friend in suzhou,china.However, homo-married is still not allowed. They don't put you jail or you are not losing jobs for your sexual orientations.as for my own perspectives, I want to say that caring LGBTQs or animals doesn't make you more humane, I met ppl who really like cats&dogs but treat man badly. you know what I mean? To care everyone is virtue, to blame someone for not caring everyone is not.
censors all news and information------ not all, as I said
is imperialistic----- oh really?
has rampant nepotism and privilege---that is truth and since Xi, the gov are fighting against corruption ,in2020 there were about 628000 cases investigated, and most were sent to jail I think。
is imperialistic and expansionist,--- come to the word "imperialistic", only nazi germany/japan/italy back in WWII shared such honor, In PRC's 73 years history, where did we expand? Chinese military expenditure were and is below 2% GDP. are you suggesting taiwan?check Sino US joint communique in1972
leads the world in dealth penalty, ----yes I know
political prisioners- depends on how you define political. there are many ppl who were incited to try to take down the party or gov, if 100 deaths per year I would not be surprised, while in other countries the number is quite low because there are no death penalties or whatever.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 10:05 GMT
#138
On May 21 2022 17:18 pebble444 wrote:
Found out a new one yesterday watching a documentary on the Yangtze River; apperently Chinese citizens are not even allowed to own their own house; they can only lease it long term from the goverment, and, as in the case of the building of the great damn, which allegedly powers 1/10 of chinas massive energetical needs, over 5 million people had to forcefully give up their homes, because the homes ended up being flooded;
Now a lot of people where not happy with having to be relocated against their will for “the greater good” ; especially old people that where farmers and know of no other way of life. Because they do not dwell well in their new homes that look like Soviet blocks.
The goverment did spend also 150 million usd to relocate historical buildings that where going to be submerged underwater. And many of them did indeed go underwater, as moving to higher ground a 2000 year old building does not always go as planned.

truth, yes this is massive human rights offensive
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 21 2022 10:20 GMT
#139
I think I have spent too much time here, I have a good weekend to enjoy. Maybe I will come back days later
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
May 21 2022 10:27 GMT
#140
On May 21 2022 12:32 fakovski wrote:
I didn't read through the whole articles, I just found some news for you to read. and the first article is related with Italians and the last one is an answer to a french press on excatly the question. I don't know much about SaudiArabia, are they not member of american allies? oh someone got dismembered years ago? The might have bad human rights there, they agreeing with our govs policy doesn't mean anything to me, western countries agree with our gov policies too, sometimes at least.


In Saudi Arabia you still have people selling castrated slaves. It's actually one of the worst offenders when it comes to human rights abuses.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft404
ByuN 275
RuFF_SC2 159
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2326
GuemChi 1284
MaD[AoV]175
Sharp 154
910 65
Bale 21
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever385
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 592
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Other Games
summit1g8730
JimRising 600
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick818
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• EnkiAlexander 66
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo554
Other Games
• Shiphtur509
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 15m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.