• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:30
CEST 11:30
KST 18:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9040 users

Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine - Page 400

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 398 399 400 401 402 547 Next
NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 06 2025 21:02 GMT
#7981
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44355 Posts
May 06 2025 21:06 GMT
#7982
On May 07 2025 05:55 Dan HH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 05:24 KwarK wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:06 WombaT wrote:
On May 07 2025 04:59 Billyboy wrote:
It is if you start from the conclusion that Israel as a nation is evil.

If the glove fits and all that. Although I’m not a big fan of the evil term.

It’s not just evil, there’s some Jewish specific stuff going on in the argument being made. If Israel acts like it currently is then it’s evil. If it spends decades acting to the contrary then that’s evidence of the secret long term evil plan. They can’t just be a nation of normal people who disagree about things with normal political divisions and changing priorities over time which is influenced by events like Oct 7. There’s a conspiracy, a master plan, and they’re deceiving us all.

Jews are allowed to be as dumb as the rest of us. They can have disagreeing factions that wax and wane. They can shift their goals and objectives.

If someone used Brexit as an argument that Britain was only ever in the EU as part of a plot to destroy it by leaving that’d be absurd. The real explanation involves broader shifts within the Conservative Party over a 30 year period, the identity crisis opposing new Labour that saw IDS using Europe as a wedge issue in 2001, the rise of UKIP and the populist right, Cameron‘a hubris off the back of the PR referendum, Corbyn being anti EU, Boris fucking Johnson appearing on HIGNFY, and a million other things. Nobody would dream of arguing that Brits were incapable of being dumb and that Brexit really showed the falseness of everything that preceded it. But Jews are apparently not allowed that luxury. The contradictions within their policy aren’t allowed to just be contradictions.

His argument doesn't require anything uniquely Jewish and I've never detected a hint of anti-semitism in his hundreds of posts here. Warring tribes see eachother as vermin. You can replace Jews with Hutu and Palestinians with Tutsi and Oct 7 with the assassination of Habyarimana and you have the exact same debate on whether genocide/ethnic cleansing was planned/debated internally beforehand.

His "even when I was wrong I was right" theory requires that there be a secret scheme that explains away the decades of contradictions as inevitably leading to this. Perhaps some sort of protocol that the Zionists have.

Whereas my explanation is that the policy shifted over time because things shift over time in Israel, same as anywhere else.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
May 06 2025 21:08 GMT
#7983
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.
No will to live, no wish to die
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 06 2025 21:11 GMT
#7984
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
May 06 2025 21:17 GMT
#7985
On May 07 2025 05:47 Billyboy wrote:
There has been massive protests for a long time now in Israel, their governments policy is not popular but way to many people in this thread and in the left universe act as though all the Jews are cheering at each babies death.

Next if white rednecks in the US south held the beliefs of Hamas towards the Mexicans and women, based on comments on the others threads, you would be cheering for their death and the deaths of their collaborators for hiding the Nazi's.

There is some serious disconnects in peoples logic when it comes to Israel.

I’m sure Iraqis or Afghanis who lost homes or loved ones in those conflicts take a lot of comfort in that there were plenty of protests in many of the countries making up ‘the Coalition of the Willing’.

If someone actually says the things you’re claiming they’re claiming, then go for it.

As it is, for myself, for others ‘Israel’ is a rather handy shorthand for the state, and its policies and actions past and present. As it tends to be when one invokes any nation’s name in such a context.

Indeed something you’re quite happy to do in other contexts, so maybe extend the same courtesy.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-05-06 21:24:02
May 06 2025 21:22 GMT
#7986
On May 07 2025 06:17 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 05:47 Billyboy wrote:
There has been massive protests for a long time now in Israel, their governments policy is not popular but way to many people in this thread and in the left universe act as though all the Jews are cheering at each babies death.

Next if white rednecks in the US south held the beliefs of Hamas towards the Mexicans and women, based on comments on the others threads, you would be cheering for their death and the deaths of their collaborators for hiding the Nazi's.

There is some serious disconnects in peoples logic when it comes to Israel.

I’m sure Iraqis or Afghanis who lost homes or loved ones in those conflicts take a lot of comfort in that there were plenty of protests in many of the countries making up ‘the Coalition of the Willing’.

If someone actually says the things you’re claiming they’re claiming, then go for it.

As it is, for myself, for others ‘Israel’ is a rather handy shorthand for the state, and its policies and actions past and present. As it tends to be when one invokes any nation’s name in such a context.

Indeed something you’re quite happy to do in other contexts, so maybe extend the same courtesy.

My point is that when it comes to Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, HTS, and so on people are willing to suspend basically all their values to make them the "good guy freedom fighters". I understand much of this grace based on the situation of where they live and how they grew up. What I don't understand is why Israeli's get zero grace when their values actually align a lot closer to most of the people here.

Edit: I'm sure all the Jews who have died to hate take comfort on people using the would Zionist instead of Jew. This form of moralizing to try to get the upper hand is easy to turn around and a race to the bottom.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
May 06 2025 21:24 GMT
#7987
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?
No will to live, no wish to die
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 06 2025 21:29 GMT
#7988
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22638 Posts
May 06 2025 21:30 GMT
#7989
On May 07 2025 06:06 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 05:55 Dan HH wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:24 KwarK wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:06 WombaT wrote:
On May 07 2025 04:59 Billyboy wrote:
It is if you start from the conclusion that Israel as a nation is evil.

If the glove fits and all that. Although I’m not a big fan of the evil term.

It’s not just evil, there’s some Jewish specific stuff going on in the argument being made. If Israel acts like it currently is then it’s evil. If it spends decades acting to the contrary then that’s evidence of the secret long term evil plan. They can’t just be a nation of normal people who disagree about things with normal political divisions and changing priorities over time which is influenced by events like Oct 7. There’s a conspiracy, a master plan, and they’re deceiving us all.

Jews are allowed to be as dumb as the rest of us. They can have disagreeing factions that wax and wane. They can shift their goals and objectives.

If someone used Brexit as an argument that Britain was only ever in the EU as part of a plot to destroy it by leaving that’d be absurd. The real explanation involves broader shifts within the Conservative Party over a 30 year period, the identity crisis opposing new Labour that saw IDS using Europe as a wedge issue in 2001, the rise of UKIP and the populist right, Cameron‘a hubris off the back of the PR referendum, Corbyn being anti EU, Boris fucking Johnson appearing on HIGNFY, and a million other things. Nobody would dream of arguing that Brits were incapable of being dumb and that Brexit really showed the falseness of everything that preceded it. But Jews are apparently not allowed that luxury. The contradictions within their policy aren’t allowed to just be contradictions.

His argument doesn't require anything uniquely Jewish and I've never detected a hint of anti-semitism in his hundreds of posts here. Warring tribes see eachother as vermin. You can replace Jews with Hutu and Palestinians with Tutsi and Oct 7 with the assassination of Habyarimana and you have the exact same debate on whether genocide/ethnic cleansing was planned/debated internally beforehand.

His "even when I was wrong I was right" theory requires that there be a secret scheme that explains away the decades of contradictions as inevitably leading to this. Perhaps some sort of protocol that the Zionists have.

Whereas my explanation is that the policy shifted over time because things shift over time in Israel, same as anywhere else.
An easy explanation is that some within Israel thought the international backlash would be to big and that the world wouldn't let them get away with it.

Oct 7th gave them a reason to go hard and they saw the response is basically non existent so they get bolder. And with Trump leading the US the only nation that could reasonably say no, no longer gives a shit or is actively on their side of 'yay ethnic cleansing, can I build some hotels there'

You don't need an evil cabal planning for decades. Just despicable people seizing an opportunity.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
May 06 2025 21:40 GMT
#7990
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.
No will to live, no wish to die
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
May 06 2025 22:02 GMT
#7991
On May 07 2025 06:22 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:17 WombaT wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:47 Billyboy wrote:
There has been massive protests for a long time now in Israel, their governments policy is not popular but way to many people in this thread and in the left universe act as though all the Jews are cheering at each babies death.

Next if white rednecks in the US south held the beliefs of Hamas towards the Mexicans and women, based on comments on the others threads, you would be cheering for their death and the deaths of their collaborators for hiding the Nazi's.

There is some serious disconnects in peoples logic when it comes to Israel.

I’m sure Iraqis or Afghanis who lost homes or loved ones in those conflicts take a lot of comfort in that there were plenty of protests in many of the countries making up ‘the Coalition of the Willing’.

If someone actually says the things you’re claiming they’re claiming, then go for it.

As it is, for myself, for others ‘Israel’ is a rather handy shorthand for the state, and its policies and actions past and present. As it tends to be when one invokes any nation’s name in such a context.

Indeed something you’re quite happy to do in other contexts, so maybe extend the same courtesy.

My point is that when it comes to Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, HTS, and so on people are willing to suspend basically all their values to make them the "good guy freedom fighters". I understand much of this grace based on the situation of where they live and how they grew up. What I don't understand is why Israeli's get zero grace when their values actually align a lot closer to most of the people here.

Edit: I'm sure all the Jews who have died to hate take comfort on people using the would Zionist instead of Jew. This form of moralizing to try to get the upper hand is easy to turn around and a race to the bottom.

Who’s doing that here?

I don’t have an issue with you pushing back, if those are the points being made. I’d happily join you if people were commonly making such claims for the most part.

I’ve no doubt you encounter them elsewhere, I certainly have, but you’re injecting that rhetoric I too dislike back in here, when it largely is absent.

There’s no intent to moralise, my point was that if a state does something, it does something. People don’t sit around going ‘well America blew up my house, but hey about 50% of them don’t support it so it’s no worries’. As an accompaniment to my wider point that saying ‘Israel’ does not necessarily mean a statement on all Israelis.

Be it remotely via media, or indeed via actual interpersonal relations yeah there’s plenty of Israelis I have time for. The Palestinians I’ve met are alright as well. There’s decent folks everywhere, and the inverse
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
May 06 2025 22:40 GMT
#7992
On May 07 2025 06:30 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:06 KwarK wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Dan HH wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:24 KwarK wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:06 WombaT wrote:
On May 07 2025 04:59 Billyboy wrote:
It is if you start from the conclusion that Israel as a nation is evil.

If the glove fits and all that. Although I’m not a big fan of the evil term.

It’s not just evil, there’s some Jewish specific stuff going on in the argument being made. If Israel acts like it currently is then it’s evil. If it spends decades acting to the contrary then that’s evidence of the secret long term evil plan. They can’t just be a nation of normal people who disagree about things with normal political divisions and changing priorities over time which is influenced by events like Oct 7. There’s a conspiracy, a master plan, and they’re deceiving us all.

Jews are allowed to be as dumb as the rest of us. They can have disagreeing factions that wax and wane. They can shift their goals and objectives.

If someone used Brexit as an argument that Britain was only ever in the EU as part of a plot to destroy it by leaving that’d be absurd. The real explanation involves broader shifts within the Conservative Party over a 30 year period, the identity crisis opposing new Labour that saw IDS using Europe as a wedge issue in 2001, the rise of UKIP and the populist right, Cameron‘a hubris off the back of the PR referendum, Corbyn being anti EU, Boris fucking Johnson appearing on HIGNFY, and a million other things. Nobody would dream of arguing that Brits were incapable of being dumb and that Brexit really showed the falseness of everything that preceded it. But Jews are apparently not allowed that luxury. The contradictions within their policy aren’t allowed to just be contradictions.

His argument doesn't require anything uniquely Jewish and I've never detected a hint of anti-semitism in his hundreds of posts here. Warring tribes see eachother as vermin. You can replace Jews with Hutu and Palestinians with Tutsi and Oct 7 with the assassination of Habyarimana and you have the exact same debate on whether genocide/ethnic cleansing was planned/debated internally beforehand.

His "even when I was wrong I was right" theory requires that there be a secret scheme that explains away the decades of contradictions as inevitably leading to this. Perhaps some sort of protocol that the Zionists have.

Whereas my explanation is that the policy shifted over time because things shift over time in Israel, same as anywhere else.
An easy explanation is that some within Israel thought the international backlash would be to big and that the world wouldn't let them get away with it.

Oct 7th gave them a reason to go hard and they saw the response is basically non existent so they get bolder. And with Trump leading the US the only nation that could reasonably say no, no longer gives a shit or is actively on their side of 'yay ethnic cleansing, can I build some hotels there'

You don't need an evil cabal planning for decades. Just despicable people seizing an opportunity.

Yes, you put it better than I, so thanks!

One can draw a line from settlement expansion and what that entails, to now and see a consistent thread of displacement.

I’m aware that there are plenty of ebbs and flows, internal opposition etc, well they’re not currently winning on this. And weren’t really before either.

In Israel’s defence, to not single it out, I can think of few nations that could tank an October 7th style event and not give in to some of our worse collective impulses.

But to my mind it’s just accelerated a process that goes back quite some time.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 07 2025 00:16 GMT
#7993
On May 07 2025 06:40 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.

I guess pleading ignorance is an option. But clearly it is the Jews of Israel you are mad at. The orthodox Jews are the ones that support Netanyahu and those that are even further right than him. And the secular people of Jewish decent, people of Arab back grounds and other various groups of Israel are the ones that do not support it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but odd for you to bring it up when it does not.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
May 07 2025 00:21 GMT
#7994
On May 07 2025 09:16 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.

I guess pleading ignorance is an option. But clearly it is the Jews of Israel you are mad at. The orthodox Jews are the ones that support Netanyahu and those that are even further right than him. And the secular people of Jewish decent, people of Arab back grounds and other various groups of Israel are the ones that do not support it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but odd for you to bring it up when it does not.


I didn't bring it up?
No will to live, no wish to die
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 07 2025 00:28 GMT
#7995
On May 07 2025 07:02 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:22 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:17 WombaT wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:47 Billyboy wrote:
There has been massive protests for a long time now in Israel, their governments policy is not popular but way to many people in this thread and in the left universe act as though all the Jews are cheering at each babies death.

Next if white rednecks in the US south held the beliefs of Hamas towards the Mexicans and women, based on comments on the others threads, you would be cheering for their death and the deaths of their collaborators for hiding the Nazi's.

There is some serious disconnects in peoples logic when it comes to Israel.

I’m sure Iraqis or Afghanis who lost homes or loved ones in those conflicts take a lot of comfort in that there were plenty of protests in many of the countries making up ‘the Coalition of the Willing’.

If someone actually says the things you’re claiming they’re claiming, then go for it.

As it is, for myself, for others ‘Israel’ is a rather handy shorthand for the state, and its policies and actions past and present. As it tends to be when one invokes any nation’s name in such a context.

Indeed something you’re quite happy to do in other contexts, so maybe extend the same courtesy.

My point is that when it comes to Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, HTS, and so on people are willing to suspend basically all their values to make them the "good guy freedom fighters". I understand much of this grace based on the situation of where they live and how they grew up. What I don't understand is why Israeli's get zero grace when their values actually align a lot closer to most of the people here.

Edit: I'm sure all the Jews who have died to hate take comfort on people using the would Zionist instead of Jew. This form of moralizing to try to get the upper hand is easy to turn around and a race to the bottom.

Who’s doing that here?

I don’t have an issue with you pushing back, if those are the points being made. I’d happily join you if people were commonly making such claims for the most part.

I’ve no doubt you encounter them elsewhere, I certainly have, but you’re injecting that rhetoric I too dislike back in here, when it largely is absent.

There’s no intent to moralise, my point was that if a state does something, it does something. People don’t sit around going ‘well America blew up my house, but hey about 50% of them don’t support it so it’s no worries’. As an accompaniment to my wider point that saying ‘Israel’ does not necessarily mean a statement on all Israelis.

Be it remotely via media, or indeed via actual interpersonal relations yeah there’s plenty of Israelis I have time for. The Palestinians I’ve met are alright as well. There’s decent folks everywhere, and the inverse

There would be absolutely no push back to saying if someone said Americans are prolife and someone said well the evangelicals are but not all Americans and then continued to talk about evangelicals and their prolife beliefs.

I get it makes it uncomfortable, it should and its meant to. There are some strange things that happen once Israel is involved. Like if you had a Gay or Trans son, or a daughter with any sexual orientation would you rather have them go live in Gaza (or Israel) ruled by Hamas or in Israel even with Netanyahu leading? Have you or people you have known used strong even violent rhetoric to describe what should happen to those in America who support anti LGBTQ or anti women stances? Are those stances that are so evil they should be punished be violence or death? But then when Hamas holds them, and is openly and proudly genocidal they are the good guys?

There is no balanced discussion, it seems impossible. If it all does not look make Israel look awful, then there is some underhanded reason why. People should be allowed to discuss how bad Hamas is without being attacked. It has yet to happen.

Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 07 2025 00:32 GMT
#7996
On May 07 2025 09:21 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 09:16 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.

I guess pleading ignorance is an option. But clearly it is the Jews of Israel you are mad at. The orthodox Jews are the ones that support Netanyahu and those that are even further right than him. And the secular people of Jewish decent, people of Arab back grounds and other various groups of Israel are the ones that do not support it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but odd for you to bring it up when it does not.


I didn't bring it up?

"Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?"

Feel free to look into Israeli politics, who's in Netanyahu's coalition, what they believe and who supports them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-seventh_government_of_Israel
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
May 07 2025 00:33 GMT
#7997
https://tl.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=28112237

BTW that is the original discussion.
I made no reference to some secret conspiracy or decades long plan.
In fact, I didn't talk about killing all Palestinians in Gaza either, I simply said they were indiscriminately levelling the place, to which the response was 'then why don't they use nukes?' which seemed like a pretty silly response at the time.
The response that Israel hasn't tried to level Gaza in the last 4 decades, so they can't be trying to do it now is not rational, and then to be all "Its not my fault they have changed policy" YES THAT'S WHAT I WAS SAYING TO BEGIN WITH, that they appeared to be indiscriminately levelling Gaza now.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-05-07 00:36:42
May 07 2025 00:35 GMT
#7998
On May 07 2025 09:32 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 09:21 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 09:16 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.

I guess pleading ignorance is an option. But clearly it is the Jews of Israel you are mad at. The orthodox Jews are the ones that support Netanyahu and those that are even further right than him. And the secular people of Jewish decent, people of Arab back grounds and other various groups of Israel are the ones that do not support it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but odd for you to bring it up when it does not.


I didn't bring it up?

"Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?"

Feel free to look into Israeli politics, who's in Netanyahu's coalition, what they believe and who supports them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-seventh_government_of_Israel


Can you think of a difference between hating Jews and hating people who support a specific government and specific policies and happen to be majority Jewish? I've noticed that you're not a fan of Russia, should I conclude that you hate white people or the orthodox church?
No will to live, no wish to die
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
May 07 2025 00:36 GMT
#7999
On May 07 2025 09:16 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 06:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.

I guess pleading ignorance is an option. But clearly it is the Jews of Israel you are mad at. The orthodox Jews are the ones that support Netanyahu and those that are even further right than him. And the secular people of Jewish decent, people of Arab back grounds and other various groups of Israel are the ones that do not support it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but odd for you to bring it up when it does not.

Ignorance of what exactly?

Neb criticises the current policy of the Israeli state. You ask him what percentage of people he hates that are non-Jews or whatever

He doesn’t have an answer because he’s never considered it in those terms in the first place. His stance, and others were never framed or formed on such things, remotely in the first place.

What percentage of the population of China do you hate due to their Uighur policy? You’ve vocalised your opposition to those policies plenty, so I assume you’ve got that answer ready to go.

Alternatively, idk it’s maybe a ridiculous line of questioning to begin with.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2470 Posts
May 07 2025 00:53 GMT
#8000
On May 07 2025 09:36 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2025 09:16 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:29 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:24 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:11 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:08 Nebuchad wrote:
On May 07 2025 06:02 Billyboy wrote:
On May 07 2025 05:55 Nebuchad wrote:
Could either of you two clowns please post something specific in what I've posted here that makes it look like I'm talking about Jews, so that we can see the disconnect in action?

What percentage of those that you hate in Israel are not Jews?


I have no idea.

Likely almost none.


I don't know how that is likely. I also don't know how it's supposed to matter, which is perhaps more important?

If it is not important then why does it bother you when the other word is used?


I don't know how the amount of non-jewish Israelis that I hate matters in the conversation, I do know why the conversation is important. But it would be wrong to claim that it bothers me when the other word is used, it would only bother me if it was used by people I respect, and it isn't.

I guess pleading ignorance is an option. But clearly it is the Jews of Israel you are mad at. The orthodox Jews are the ones that support Netanyahu and those that are even further right than him. And the secular people of Jewish decent, people of Arab back grounds and other various groups of Israel are the ones that do not support it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but odd for you to bring it up when it does not.

Ignorance of what exactly?

Neb criticises the current policy of the Israeli state. You ask him what percentage of people he hates that are non-Jews or whatever

He doesn’t have an answer because he’s never considered it in those terms in the first place. His stance, and others were never framed or formed on such things, remotely in the first place.

What percentage of the population of China do you hate due to their Uighur policy? You’ve vocalised your opposition to those policies plenty, so I assume you’ve got that answer ready to go.

Alternatively, idk it’s maybe a ridiculous line of questioning to begin with.


ig·no·rance
/ˈiɡnərəns/
noun
lack of knowledge or information.

He said he had lack of knowledge about who supported the government making the policies he disagreed with, ignorance is the correct word and there is all sorts of information available if he wanted to know more, he chooses not too.

I don't know what percentage of the population in China supports it my best guess is very few, so I have no hate for any of them. China and Israel have different political systems, one is a flawed democracy and one is a totalitarian neo fascist. I doubt most of the Chinese have any idea of what is going on there. We don't even know the full extent because they have such tight control of the media and information.

I have a pretty similar level of dislike for Netanyahu and Xi. But much more hope for Israel to be able to turn it around do to the political system.
Prev 1 398 399 400 401 402 547 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 30m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.