• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:02
CEST 03:02
KST 10:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9088 users

Coronavirus and You - Page 618

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 616 617 618 619 620 699 Next
Any and all updates regarding the COVID-19 will need a source provided. Please do your part in helping us to keep this thread maintainable and under control.

It is YOUR responsibility to fully read through the sources that you link, and you MUST provide a brief summary explaining what the source is about. Do not expect other people to do the work for you.

Conspiracy theories and fear mongering will absolutely not be tolerated in this thread. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite fear needlessly.

This is not a politics thread! You are allowed to post information regarding politics if it's related to the coronavirus, but do NOT discuss politics in here.

Added a disclaimer on page 662. Many need to post better.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 18 2022 20:56 GMT
#12341
--- Nuked ---
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
August 18 2022 21:28 GMT
#12342
On August 19 2022 05:56 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2022 05:45 BlackJack wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of antivaxxers in this thread now saying that they are pretty satisfied with their 3 shots. Clearly they don't understand computer modeling and risk. Would you drive without a seatbelt also?! I have COVID now despite having 3 shots (Thanks, Djokovic) and all that proves is how badly I need to get my 4th and 5th shots.

Congratulations, I did not think you could get be more of a jerk or more ignorant but you really outdid yourself with this post! Did it have any point other than to be a dick to people sharing their experiences and thoughts.

Obviously if you have the amount of vaccinations suggested for your age group and risk category you are not an anti vaxxer. Next time you cry about people being "mean" to you, just remember this post and maybe you will understand why you are so unlikeable.

What a weak ass pwn of the libs.


It's amazing how whenever I post on this forum no matter the time of day you are here to respond within 10 minutes of my posting. Even though I only respond to maybe 3% of your posts these days you still respond to 95%+ of my posts. I don't think anyone else responds to even 10% of my posts. I really thought you would have given up by now when you realized nobody even reads or replies to your posts directed at me. Maybe you just like talking to a wall even if nobody is reading your posts. Not sure why you're so desperate for me to engage with you. Hopefully you are getting something out of it, carry on.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-08-18 21:47:30
August 18 2022 21:46 GMT
#12343
--- Nuked ---
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
August 18 2022 21:53 GMT
#12344
Well jimmic lives on his computer devoting his life to being a left wing nut job, it kind of make sense to me how he’s always smashing the refresh button on these forums looking for an argument. It’s quite a sad existence if you ask me, he doesn’t seem too bright either considering the numerous spelling mistakes in every post he makes which I find pretty ironic considering his condescending tone towards people who he thinks “don’t understand” or are stupid in his mind.

User was warned for this post.
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 18 2022 22:03 GMT
#12345
--- Nuked ---
StasisField
Profile Joined August 2013
United States1086 Posts
August 18 2022 22:32 GMT
#12346
jimmic is a leftwing nutjob? Is that what we're calling people with moderate views now lmao
What do you mean Immortals can't shoot up?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 18 2022 22:36 GMT
#12347
On August 19 2022 07:32 StasisField wrote:
jimmic is a leftwing nutjob? Is that what we're calling people with moderate views now lmao

Had the exact same thought lol
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
August 18 2022 23:55 GMT
#12348
I don't understand why you'd make 20,000+ posts on a forum where 95% of the users aren't going to challenge what you post, especially when you're so desperate for engagement. Instead of antagonizing the few posters you disagree with to bait them into an argument you could just go to r/The_donald and you'd have hundreds of people you can argue with. Also none of them will know you there so they won't have the knowledge that talking to you is a waste of time.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 18 2022 23:58 GMT
#12349
--- Nuked ---
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
August 19 2022 00:05 GMT
#12350
On August 19 2022 08:58 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2022 08:55 BlackJack wrote:
I don't understand why you'd make 20,000+ posts on a forum where 95% of the users aren't going to challenge what you post, especially when you're so desperate for engagement. Instead of antagonizing the few posters you disagree with to bait them into an argument you could just go to r/The_donald and you'd have hundreds of people you can argue with. Also none of them will know you there so they won't have the knowledge that talking to you is a waste of time.

You made a purposefully jerkish post, I pointed it out and now you're trying to start some sort of fight. Im not interested. Try to stay on topic, this is tge covid thread, carry on.


I typically ignore you and you respond to my post and call me ignorant, a jerk, and a dick. Now you're going to whine that I'm trying to start a fight? Lol. Okay, I will go back to ignoring you now.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-08-19 00:24:13
August 19 2022 00:21 GMT
#12351
--- Nuked ---
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
August 19 2022 01:34 GMT
#12352
On August 19 2022 05:45 BlackJack wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of antivaxxers in this thread now saying that they are pretty satisfied with their 3 shots. Clearly they don't understand computer modeling and risk. Would you drive without a seatbelt also?! I have COVID now despite having 3 shots (Thanks, Djokovic) and all that proves is how badly I need to get my 4th and 5th shots.


Nothing against a 4th shot but delaying it doesn't mean I'm antivax. I will get one eventually. I signed up for the first 3 shots within minutes of getting the invite, and got shots for everyone in my family within days of eligibility.

If the 4th shot was an Omicron booster, I'd sign up immediately. 4th shot of the OG vaccine is a little murkier, because there might be rules which prevent me from getting a Omicron booster for some period of time, after it becomes available.

I'm not eligible for a 4th shot either way right now in my province, so it's purely speculation right now either way.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
August 19 2022 02:53 GMT
#12353
I don't know either of you, and imo, BlackJack is just a big mouth who's looking for reactions. Having 'only' 3 shots doesn't make one an antivaxxer (and yes, that's the bigger insult). I also got covid after the 3rd shot, wasn't a big deal, may get next shot later, but not in a hurry like people at risk should be.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
August 19 2022 04:11 GMT
#12354
On August 19 2022 08:55 BlackJack wrote:
I don't understand why you'd make 20,000+ posts on a forum where 95% of the users aren't going to challenge what you post, especially when you're so desperate for engagement. Instead of antagonizing the few posters you disagree with to bait them into an argument you could just go to r/The_donald and you'd have hundreds of people you can argue with. Also none of them will know you there so they won't have the knowledge that talking to you is a waste of time.

I don't understand why you snarkily devil's advocate for stupid positions held by stupid people for stupid reasons, but hey here we are. It's frustrating as I think you've a lot of interesting stuff to say and some pretty well thought-out positions otherwise. Unlike myself!

Why would he go to a place where people who are diagnostically missing a few screws hang out? He's probably in the same boat as myself, I do enjoy a good argument but there are limits to my patience as I get older.

In thread related news, supposedly the UK's next round of boosters will be specifically altered to target Omicron, which makes a lot of sense and seems oddly overdue. I've neglected to get the prior booster out of laziness/busyness so I can't really preach to anyone, but I will top up when this new one is available.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 19 2022 04:30 GMT
#12355
Its just really werid that people are so happy to self report that they're ignorant and don't want to learn basic facts about whats going on with their life. If I didn't trust the vaccine like BJ clearly doesn't I wouldn't get the thing. But to get all three doses and still self report that you've never done research or attempted to understand vaccines so loudly just baffles me.

Its that and the narrative about the shortening time between boosters we're apparently all getting even though I've only ever had access to 3 shots. Even then its been so long that I had to dig out my original and get new copies of my vaccine card not that long ago.

Talking with BJ about covid-19 is like discussing flashlights with someone who thinks batteries are just storing lightning and therefore could explode to kill us at any moment. Sure LED's vs traditional bulbs are an interesting technological tradeoff but we will never get past the point that flashlights don't randomly explode on us.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
August 19 2022 04:48 GMT
#12356
On August 19 2022 13:30 Sermokala wrote:
Its just really werid that people are so happy to self report that they're ignorant and don't want to learn basic facts about whats going on with their life. If I didn't trust the vaccine like BJ clearly doesn't I wouldn't get the thing. But to get all three doses and still self report that you've never done research or attempted to understand vaccines so loudly just baffles me.

Its that and the narrative about the shortening time between boosters we're apparently all getting even though I've only ever had access to 3 shots. Even then its been so long that I had to dig out my original and get new copies of my vaccine card not that long ago.

Talking with BJ about covid-19 is like discussing flashlights with someone who thinks batteries are just storing lightning and therefore could explode to kill us at any moment. Sure LED's vs traditional bulbs are an interesting technological tradeoff but we will never get past the point that flashlights don't randomly explode on us.


What are you talking about. I got vaccinated before anyone here. What makes you think I “”don’t trust the vaccine.”
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
August 19 2022 05:14 GMT
#12357
On August 19 2022 11:53 aseq wrote:
I don't know either of you, and imo, BlackJack is just a big mouth who's looking for reactions. Having 'only' 3 shots doesn't make one an antivaxxer (and yes, that's the bigger insult). I also got covid after the 3rd shot, wasn't a big deal, may get next shot later, but not in a hurry like people at risk should be.


I just think we need some clarification on how many shots you need before you’re allowed to decide for yourself what level of risk you are acceptable with. Because up until now it was trust the science, do what the experts tell you and if you don’t you’re a selfish asshole and you’re responsible for COVID still being a thing and you’re responsible for all the variants blah blah blah. Now we have people saying if the experts recommend a 4th shot they wouldn’t rush to get it. Sorry but you can’t just flip the script when it’s convenient for you just because now you’ve decided you don’t need a vaccine.
Symplectos
Profile Joined July 2012
Luxembourg42 Posts
August 19 2022 05:44 GMT
#12358
As a scientist I have a hard time understanding where those bad faith arguments, or even the rage and hate, are coming from.

Science does not tell you what to do. Science does not forbid you to pee on an electric fence, it instead simply teaches you that urine is a very good electrical conductor. The decisions you make, knowing that information, are entirely up to you, respectively people who make general rules or laws (i.e. parents / bosses / politicians).

This entire narrative of experts telling you what to do, and the lies that science is shifting the goal posts all the time, just to control people, is so far-fetched.

As for flipping the switch: I have been reading this forum, among others, since its incarnation. Especially since Trump's presidency, the amount of switch flipping by people who argue like you - and think that they actually make rational arguments - has skyrocketed. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but not every opinion is correct, nor rational or scientific.

I never really know whether throwing around blame is because of a position of weakness - having one's back to the wall, a simply nefarious desire to do evil, or just the complete hybris that one's own intellect and research is so much better than that of all the trained scientists in the world.
"Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics." - G.H. Hardy
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 19 2022 06:12 GMT
#12359
On August 19 2022 13:48 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2022 13:30 Sermokala wrote:
Its just really werid that people are so happy to self report that they're ignorant and don't want to learn basic facts about whats going on with their life. If I didn't trust the vaccine like BJ clearly doesn't I wouldn't get the thing. But to get all three doses and still self report that you've never done research or attempted to understand vaccines so loudly just baffles me.

Its that and the narrative about the shortening time between boosters we're apparently all getting even though I've only ever had access to 3 shots. Even then its been so long that I had to dig out my original and get new copies of my vaccine card not that long ago.

Talking with BJ about covid-19 is like discussing flashlights with someone who thinks batteries are just storing lightning and therefore could explode to kill us at any moment. Sure LED's vs traditional bulbs are an interesting technological tradeoff but we will never get past the point that flashlights don't randomly explode on us.


What are you talking about. I got vaccinated before anyone here. What makes you think I “”don’t trust the vaccine.”

This is what I'm talking about because you don't. You claimed to have gotten the vaccine, claimed to have gone well out of your way to get your shots, yet present absolutely no understanding on the basics of why you got it in the first place.

You constantly question why people would get a booster or why we should get a booster. If you trusted the vaccine you wouldn't do that because you would understand why people should and do get a booster. If you weren't an anti-vaxer you would understand the basic reason why you got the vaccine and why you should be looking forward to getting the omicron one when it comes out.

People don't respond to your posts because they don't make sense. You trust the vaccine but don't understand why you have to get it. You understand that the basic concept of the vaccine is to increase your resistance to a disease but act shocked when you still contract the disease. You got a booster to boost your resistance to covid but question why we should get a booster.

Like do you really trust the vaccine? Do you? Beacuse that statement is straight contradictory to everything else you say.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-08-19 06:40:55
August 19 2022 06:38 GMT
#12360
On August 19 2022 15:12 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2022 13:48 BlackJack wrote:
On August 19 2022 13:30 Sermokala wrote:
Its just really werid that people are so happy to self report that they're ignorant and don't want to learn basic facts about whats going on with their life. If I didn't trust the vaccine like BJ clearly doesn't I wouldn't get the thing. But to get all three doses and still self report that you've never done research or attempted to understand vaccines so loudly just baffles me.

Its that and the narrative about the shortening time between boosters we're apparently all getting even though I've only ever had access to 3 shots. Even then its been so long that I had to dig out my original and get new copies of my vaccine card not that long ago.

Talking with BJ about covid-19 is like discussing flashlights with someone who thinks batteries are just storing lightning and therefore could explode to kill us at any moment. Sure LED's vs traditional bulbs are an interesting technological tradeoff but we will never get past the point that flashlights don't randomly explode on us.


What are you talking about. I got vaccinated before anyone here. What makes you think I “”don’t trust the vaccine.”

This is what I'm talking about because you don't. You claimed to have gotten the vaccine, claimed to have gone well out of your way to get your shots, yet present absolutely no understanding on the basics of why you got it in the first place.

You constantly question why people would get a booster or why we should get a booster. If you trusted the vaccine you wouldn't do that because you would understand why people should and do get a booster. If you weren't an anti-vaxer you would understand the basic reason why you got the vaccine and why you should be looking forward to getting the omicron one when it comes out.

People don't respond to your posts because they don't make sense. You trust the vaccine but don't understand why you have to get it. You understand that the basic concept of the vaccine is to increase your resistance to a disease but act shocked when you still contract the disease. You got a booster to boost your resistance to covid but question why we should get a booster.

Like do you really trust the vaccine? Do you? Beacuse that statement is straight contradictory to everything else you say.


The story has been unchanged for over a year now. The problem is that you and a lot of people in this thread are simply incapable of differentiating between the two sentences "You should get a vaccine" and "You should have to get a vaccine." So whenever I challenge the second sentence you take it as a criticism of the first sentence.

The reason it probably seems like I am constantly criticizing the vaccines is because people like you post ridiculous claims like if we all got vaccinated COVID would be almost non-existent and the unvaccinated are to blame for all our problems yadda yadda. If you would stop spreading misinformation like this I would be able to stop posting the opposite, e.g. that the vaccines offer almost no protection against Omicron infection after only a few months.

Also like 3 people in this thread just said they are in no rush to get a 4th shot when it comes out so I think maybe you should show some consistency and call them out for not trusting the boosters.
Prev 1 616 617 618 619 620 699 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE161
SpeCial 123
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
Sharp 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever570
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Doublelift4616
Counter-Strike
taco 304
Other Games
summit1g5918
JimRising 462
C9.Mang0347
ToD97
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• poizon28 40
• davetesta26
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra919
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.