• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:56
CEST 14:56
KST 21:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9582 users

Coronavirus and You - Page 249

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 247 248 249 250 251 699 Next
Any and all updates regarding the COVID-19 will need a source provided. Please do your part in helping us to keep this thread maintainable and under control.

It is YOUR responsibility to fully read through the sources that you link, and you MUST provide a brief summary explaining what the source is about. Do not expect other people to do the work for you.

Conspiracy theories and fear mongering will absolutely not be tolerated in this thread. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite fear needlessly.

This is not a politics thread! You are allowed to post information regarding politics if it's related to the coronavirus, but do NOT discuss politics in here.

Added a disclaimer on page 662. Many need to post better.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 16 2020 01:46 GMT
#4961
In Ontario we've gone from 149 positive tests/day to 313 positive tests/day over the last week.

We were at 33 positive tests/day on August 11th.

I think it's partly lockdown fatigue, partly colder weather, partly randomness of testing.

Hopefully it doesn't keep going at this rate.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
September 16 2020 15:16 GMT
#4962
On September 16 2020 10:46 WarSame wrote:
In Ontario we've gone from 149 positive tests/day to 313 positive tests/day over the last week.

We were at 33 positive tests/day on August 11th.

I think it's partly lockdown fatigue, partly colder weather, partly randomness of testing.

Hopefully it doesn't keep going at this rate.


That's a pretty wild jump. That's super concerning if it is weather-related. That would basically body slam the midwest.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 16 2020 17:16 GMT
#4963
CDC says U.S. should have enough coronavirus vaccine to return to ‘regular life’ by third quarter of 2021

So the good news is that we have a timeline. The bad news is it's another year of being under constant threat of lockdown and outbreaks.

But there's more good news.

Americans will not be charged for the vaccine or its distribution, the CDC said. Additionally, various plans, supported by the CARES Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, are under development to ensure no American will be charged out-of-pocket expenses for the administration of the vaccine, the agency said.


I know for people in Europe this might seem like a given, but for Americans this is actually really fantastic news. I honestly didn't know if some drug company was going to gouge the shit out of it and screw over people that are already hurting.

There are no approved vaccines for the coronavirus. Three drugmakers are currently in late-stage testing for potential vaccines and expect to know if they work by the end of the year.


This is just an estimated time frame, but it's at least SOMETHING to latch on and look forward to.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22649 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-16 17:25:19
September 16 2020 17:25 GMT
#4964
Expect Trump to push that a vaccine is done in November to use as an election boost, regardless of whether it is ready or not.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
September 16 2020 17:35 GMT
#4965
On September 17 2020 02:25 Gorsameth wrote:
Expect Trump to push that a vaccine is done in November to use as an election boost, regardless of whether it is ready or not.


What world do you live in where he has that kind of control over the permanent bureaucracy? Based on what we've seen with the FBI, CIA, etc its much more likely that the vaccine gets approved a week after the election even though it was done for 3 months (unlikely, there probably won't be an actually ready vaccine that is proper until next summer, which is why lockdown advocates need a different, better plan).
Freeeeeeedom
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12023 Posts
September 16 2020 17:47 GMT
#4966
On September 17 2020 02:35 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2020 02:25 Gorsameth wrote:
Expect Trump to push that a vaccine is done in November to use as an election boost, regardless of whether it is ready or not.


What world do you live in where he has that kind of control over the permanent bureaucracy? Based on what we've seen with the FBI, CIA, etc its much more likely that the vaccine gets approved a week after the election even though it was done for 3 months (unlikely, there probably won't be an actually ready vaccine that is proper until next summer, which is why lockdown advocates need a different, better plan).


He doesn't need any of that though. He just needs a microphone to speak into. Then he can claim on November 2nd that a vaccine is indeed done and that it is the bestest vaccine and will be deployed to everyone in the next few weeks and how amazing he was in solving corona. An actual vaccine existing is of no importance.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 16 2020 17:54 GMT
#4967
On September 17 2020 02:25 Gorsameth wrote:
Expect Trump to push that a vaccine is done in November to use as an election boost, regardless of whether it is ready or not.


Which none of his supporters will notice that his claiming victory because of the vaccine goes against all of his rhetoric about "herd mentality."
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 16 2020 18:12 GMT
#4968
--- Nuked ---
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 16 2020 18:35 GMT
#4969
On September 17 2020 03:12 JimmiC wrote:
There is a huge distrust of Dems that Trump would rush it and it could be dangerous and a huge distrust of science and vaccines in Trump groups. Currently 2/3 of people say they will wait on it and a 1/4 never will take it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/04/covid-19-two-thirds-us-wont-take-vaccine-right-away-poll-shows/5696982002/


Except this timeline seems totally realistic IF the vaccine is actually developed and approved by the end of the year which still gives 3 more months. There's already trials underway in other countries, and the Russians say they have one ready a month ago almost.

3 more months to trial and approve a US version doesn't sound unrealistic in this context plus another 7-8 months to manufacture and distribute it. It all sounds logical to me.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
September 16 2020 19:02 GMT
#4970
On September 17 2020 03:12 JimmiC wrote:
There is a huge distrust of Dems that Trump would rush it and it could be dangerous and a huge distrust of science and vaccines in Trump groups. Currently 2/3 of people say they will wait on it and a 1/4 never will take it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/04/covid-19-two-thirds-us-wont-take-vaccine-right-away-poll-shows/5696982002/


This is wonderful news for me, as it means it'll be easier for me to get it. Do people expect that if someone happens to be a covid researcher, that the people they live with would also likely be vaccinated? I'm just assuming all scientists working on covid research and medical folks will get vaccinated first
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-16 19:08:57
September 16 2020 19:08 GMT
#4971
On September 17 2020 02:47 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2020 02:35 cLutZ wrote:
On September 17 2020 02:25 Gorsameth wrote:
Expect Trump to push that a vaccine is done in November to use as an election boost, regardless of whether it is ready or not.


What world do you live in where he has that kind of control over the permanent bureaucracy? Based on what we've seen with the FBI, CIA, etc its much more likely that the vaccine gets approved a week after the election even though it was done for 3 months (unlikely, there probably won't be an actually ready vaccine that is proper until next summer, which is why lockdown advocates need a different, better plan).


He doesn't need any of that though. He just needs a microphone to speak into. Then he can claim on November 2nd that a vaccine is indeed done and that it is the bestest vaccine and will be deployed to everyone in the next few weeks and how amazing he was in solving corona. An actual vaccine existing is of no importance.


That doesn't help him with anyone who wasn't already voting Trump. Most media that people consume is against him, so they won't report it other than "Trump asserts without evidence" sort of things. Plus, there would be instant leaks that he was exaggerating/lying from the bureaucracy which the media would uncritically report.

The best thing about the Trump presidency is we always know when he does something even slightly wrong within a few days of him doing it.
Freeeeeeedom
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
September 16 2020 19:31 GMT
#4972
I should’ve seen the anti-vaxxer sentiment coming. Come on, guys.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-16 19:40:03
September 16 2020 19:39 GMT
#4973
This isn’t anti vaxxer stuff. Anti vaxxers believe vaccines are intrinsically unsafe, no matter what the testing and research shows. Normal people trust the process of testing.

Skepticism of a vaccine pushed out with expedited/reduced testing doesn’t make you an anti vaxxer because there is a tangible justification for it. If the process people trust to be comfortable with the safety of the vaccine is compromised then reduced comfort with the safety is rational.

If someone told me they were terrified of flying I would be confident in telling them that their fear was irrational due to the extensive safety testing and built in redundancy of commercial aircraft. If I then refused to fly on some scrap antique plane owned by a random drunk pilot I wouldn’t be a hypocrite, the circumstances are different.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 16 2020 20:03 GMT
#4974
When they release the vaccine I'll probably be among first in line due to being a health professional. I won't lie, I'll probably have some nerves about it even though I'm all for vaccines.
Moderator
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
September 16 2020 20:03 GMT
#4975
On September 17 2020 02:16 Vindicare605 wrote:
CDC says U.S. should have enough coronavirus vaccine to return to ‘regular life’ by third quarter of 2021

So the good news is that we have a timeline. The bad news is it's another year of being under constant threat of lockdown and outbreaks.

But there's more good news.

Show nested quote +
Americans will not be charged for the vaccine or its distribution, the CDC said. Additionally, various plans, supported by the CARES Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, are under development to ensure no American will be charged out-of-pocket expenses for the administration of the vaccine, the agency said.


I know for people in Europe this might seem like a given, but for Americans this is actually really fantastic news. I honestly didn't know if some drug company was going to gouge the shit out of it and screw over people that are already hurting.

Show nested quote +
There are no approved vaccines for the coronavirus. Three drugmakers are currently in late-stage testing for potential vaccines and expect to know if they work by the end of the year.


This is just an estimated time frame, but it's at least SOMETHING to latch on and look forward to.

Reading your link, it won't be enough to return to "regular life". You can expect short supplies due to the efficacity of a vaccine. It might need a couple of doses, you might need to take it every season. Life will slowly return to normal after a vaccine is found. It will take a couple of years to be completly back to normal as that will require a better vaccine, and it needs to be available globally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 16 2020 20:34 GMT
#4976
On September 17 2020 05:03 Erasme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2020 02:16 Vindicare605 wrote:
CDC says U.S. should have enough coronavirus vaccine to return to ‘regular life’ by third quarter of 2021

So the good news is that we have a timeline. The bad news is it's another year of being under constant threat of lockdown and outbreaks.

But there's more good news.

Americans will not be charged for the vaccine or its distribution, the CDC said. Additionally, various plans, supported by the CARES Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, are under development to ensure no American will be charged out-of-pocket expenses for the administration of the vaccine, the agency said.


I know for people in Europe this might seem like a given, but for Americans this is actually really fantastic news. I honestly didn't know if some drug company was going to gouge the shit out of it and screw over people that are already hurting.

There are no approved vaccines for the coronavirus. Three drugmakers are currently in late-stage testing for potential vaccines and expect to know if they work by the end of the year.


This is just an estimated time frame, but it's at least SOMETHING to latch on and look forward to.

Reading your link, it won't be enough to return to "regular life". You can expect short supplies due to the efficacity of a vaccine. It might need a couple of doses, you might need to take it every season. Life will slowly return to normal after a vaccine is found. It will take a couple of years to be completly back to normal as that will require a better vaccine, and it needs to be available globally.


Oh I agree, the CDC is trying to be optimistic in their language here, but the reality is this is all still just an optimistic estimate.

I'm cheerful though because yesterday I had no estimate at all and at least today I can sort of see the timeline of when things can START to get back on track for real. Not this fake shit that the Republicans and hoaxers are peddling. ACTUALLY back on track.

So while I agree that the devil is definitely in the details and a lot can happen between now and late 2021, at least having a timeline to go by is more than we had yesterday so I'll take it.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 16 2020 20:36 GMT
#4977
On September 17 2020 05:03 Firebolt145 wrote:
When they release the vaccine I'll probably be among first in line due to being a health professional. I won't lie, I'll probably have some nerves about it even though I'm all for vaccines.


I have to ask, being a health professional and working dangerously close to the virus already, isn't even a riskier vaccine still worth it vs holding out longer?

I guess a risk is still a risk.

I'm deathly afraid of needles so when it's my turn I'm still going to clam up and probably pass out but I'll go and get my shot.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 16 2020 20:38 GMT
#4978
On September 17 2020 05:36 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2020 05:03 Firebolt145 wrote:
When they release the vaccine I'll probably be among first in line due to being a health professional. I won't lie, I'll probably have some nerves about it even though I'm all for vaccines.


I have to ask, being a health professional and working dangerously close to the virus already, isn't even a riskier vaccine still worth it vs holding out longer?

I guess a risk is still a risk.

I'm deathly afraid of needles so when it's my turn I'm still going to clam up and probably pass out but I'll go and get my shot.

Guarantee of a vaccine passing through my body versus only the possibility (admittedly strong) of catching it naturally. Humans don't process risk very well.
Moderator
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-16 20:54:43
September 16 2020 20:53 GMT
#4979
On September 17 2020 05:03 Firebolt145 wrote:
When they release the vaccine I'll probably be among first in line due to being a health professional. I won't lie, I'll probably have some nerves about it even though I'm all for vaccines.


Excellent, I hope the same is true in the US. I wanna get vaccinated yesterday.

On September 17 2020 05:38 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2020 05:36 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 17 2020 05:03 Firebolt145 wrote:
When they release the vaccine I'll probably be among first in line due to being a health professional. I won't lie, I'll probably have some nerves about it even though I'm all for vaccines.


I have to ask, being a health professional and working dangerously close to the virus already, isn't even a riskier vaccine still worth it vs holding out longer?

I guess a risk is still a risk.

I'm deathly afraid of needles so when it's my turn I'm still going to clam up and probably pass out but I'll go and get my shot.

Guarantee of a vaccine passing through my body versus only the possibility (admittedly strong) of catching it naturally. Humans don't process risk very well.


Are you not assuming you've already got immunity? I'd assume if you've been working in healthcare the past however long you probably got enough exposure for immunity.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
September 16 2020 21:16 GMT
#4980
Rushing vaccines is highly dangerous. Just imagine the backlash if a vaccine causes some long term damage. I'd rather keep wearing masks for two years than using a wonky vaccine. (I'm not an anti-vaxxer, vaccines have made modern life possible.)

@topic:
I'm a teacher in Munich, Germany. Right now, the numbers are slowly but steadily rising again. We're planning for "day x" at my school. Home schooling will be mandatory for all kids, luckily, we're using a decent technical solution (MS Teams). Having to wear masks during classes is tedious, but right now, everyone has to. Especially the younger pupils are pretty stressed out right now.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Prev 1 247 248 249 250 251 699 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1309
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 266
Rex 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56783
Calm 3815
Shuttle 3472
FanTaSy 1710
Bisu 1527
firebathero 374
Stork 295
Mini 288
Hyuk 283
Rush 262
[ Show more ]
Soma 240
EffOrt 230
Soulkey 186
Zeus 180
Last 152
actioN 146
Light 144
ZerO 139
Snow 110
Mong 73
Dewaltoss 69
Killer 68
Sea.KH 66
Barracks 65
Pusan 51
hero 47
Hyun 42
NotJumperer 39
PianO 39
JYJ 38
Free 37
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 33
Yoon 29
Aegong 27
Shine 23
Sharp 22
sorry 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 11
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5522
Dendi696
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1377
kRYSTAL_316
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko407
Other Games
gofns36412
singsing2077
B2W.Neo614
hiko255
DeMusliM233
crisheroes221
byalli155
Livibee148
Hui .27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Liquid`VortiX8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
4m
OSC
9h 19m
Replay Cast
10h 4m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.