• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8303 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 4979

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 5998 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
KT_Elwood
Profile Joined July 2015
Germany1200 Posts
May 28 2025 13:50 GMT
#99561
In 1945, even 9-11 year olds were conscripted to fight.

Bicycles, tractors, cars.. everything was used to move the de-mechanized troops. This lead to many strafing runs of US/UK/CAN airforce on kids from rural areas (like my grandparents).

Because you can't tell from a few 1000ft if it's kids on a tractor.. or if some Wehrmacht soldier is trying to steal the tractor to move his companies 88mm faster.

And that's the rather cozy western front, eastern front was more brutal (neither kids, women or AWOL soldiers dared to approach the russians for surrendering)

Vote for Nazis - Best case scenario after 12 years: Have your kids shot at by fighterplanes , but they always make it to the ditch and survive.
"First he eats our dogs, and then he taxes the penguins... Donald Trump truly is the Donald Trump of our generation. " -DPB
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
May 28 2025 13:57 GMT
#99562
On May 28 2025 22:45 Billyboy wrote:
@introvert you have always been the most reasonable of the proudly Republican posters. But your take on Musk's clear Nazi salute, he did twice to make sure people know what it was, is not reasonable at all. If you wanted to try to say that he wasn't a nazi but was making it to troll the libs and look cool on 4 chan, that is at least somewhat possible (but I think it is more likely he did both to pwn the libs and because he agrees with lots of what the nazi's stood for).

Saying it is not a nazi salute means you are starting to fall down the rabbit hole mate, watch yourself and ground yourself.

He covered this. His eyes have a unique ability to give him objective truth which is why when he watches the exact same video as the rest of us we might all agree on what we saw but we’re all wrong and he’s right because his eyes know what really happened. And what really happened was a k-pop gesture. That’s the most logical explanation. Right arm extended stiffly at a 45 degree angle at a right wing political victory celebration is unambiguously k-pop.

He certainly wouldn’t be motivated to disbelieve his own eyes due to ideology.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-05-28 14:00:09
May 28 2025 13:59 GMT
#99563
On May 28 2025 22:45 Billyboy wrote:
@introvert you have always been the most reasonable of the proudly Republican posters. But your take on Musk's clear Nazi salute, he did twice to make sure people know what it was, is not reasonable at all. If you wanted to try to say that he wasn't a nazi but was making it to troll the libs and look cool on 4 chan, that is at least somewhat possible (but I think i t is more likely he did both to pwn the libs and because he agrees with lots of what the nazi's stood for).

Saying it is not a nazi salute means you are starting to fall down the rabbit hole mate, watch yourself and ground yourself.


That was option B) in my original post, although maybe not worded that way exactly. It's the action of a defiant child who doesn't like being told to do (or not to do) something. But it could be that, yes.
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Jankisa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Croatia1765 Posts
May 28 2025 14:07 GMT
#99564
I think there's a distinct difference between a gullible American who buys all of this bullshit on how corrupt the other side is, how there's a deep state etc. and someone like oBlade who is a little fascist who likes Trump because he hates the people he also hates.

This gives him the motivation and zeal to try to paint him as a genius patriot because that's how this weird little guy sees himself, he simply isn't able to grasp that he might be a corrupt piece of shit that only cares about hurting people who wronged him because that would make the last 10 years of his political "thought" misguided.

When he gets confronted with actual indefensible shit he retreats to "I don't care about this", but, little hateful asshole that he is he can't help it but to lash out at me for being an European lurker and then he tries to pull out some imbecilic explanation how it's OK because Trump got "shoot in the head".

He's just a pathetic weird little guy polishing his orange turd statue, he had no real men in his life to admire so he decided to hero worship the worse person in the world.

Wild stuff.
So, are you a pessimist? - On my better days. Are you a nihilist? - Not as much as I should be.
Razyda
Profile Joined March 2013
1059 Posts
May 28 2025 14:13 GMT
#99565
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.


Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-05-28 14:25:19
May 28 2025 14:24 GMT
#99566
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.



Just checking:

If I would cut a Swastika in your head because I saw you doing a Sieg Heil (an obvious one, not a K-Pop one). Does that make me a Nazi?


Btw: "Doing Violence" isn't a Nazi thing... FFS...
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
May 28 2025 14:35 GMT
#99567
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.

Sorry, is your point now that Hitler wasn't a Nazi?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
May 28 2025 14:40 GMT
#99568
On May 28 2025 23:07 Jankisa wrote:
I think there's a distinct difference between a gullible American who buys all of this bullshit on how corrupt the other side is, how there's a deep state etc. and someone like oBlade who is a little fascist who likes Trump because he hates the people he also hates.

This gives him the motivation and zeal to try to paint him as a genius patriot because that's how this weird little guy sees himself, he simply isn't able to grasp that he might be a corrupt piece of shit that only cares about hurting people who wronged him because that would make the last 10 years of his political "thought" misguided.

When he gets confronted with actual indefensible shit he retreats to "I don't care about this", but, little hateful asshole that he is he can't help it but to lash out at me for being an European lurker and then he tries to pull out some imbecilic explanation how it's OK because Trump got "shoot in the head".

He's just a pathetic weird little guy polishing his orange turd statue, he had no real men in his life to admire so he decided to hero worship the worse person in the world.

Wild stuff.

That’s the wild part, he’s so evidently shit, but he’s hero worshipped to a level atypical of other politicians, amongst his cohort anyway.

If he was at least like, really cool or something. Like if it was Judge Dredd, or Samuel L Jackson or Spike Spiegel or something. Or scarily intelligent, or charming, or good-natured. Like, gimme something to make it make sense!

The cult is strange indeed. I’m a stinkin’ atheist and even I’m offended by depictions of Trump as Christ. Never mind him being as unChrist like in temperament as it’s about possible to be.

Although that said I dunno if oBlade is really a committed cultist like some.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
May 28 2025 14:41 GMT
#99569
On May 28 2025 22:59 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 22:45 Billyboy wrote:
@introvert you have always been the most reasonable of the proudly Republican posters. But your take on Musk's clear Nazi salute, he did twice to make sure people know what it was, is not reasonable at all. If you wanted to try to say that he wasn't a nazi but was making it to troll the libs and look cool on 4 chan, that is at least somewhat possible (but I think i t is more likely he did both to pwn the libs and because he agrees with lots of what the nazi's stood for).

Saying it is not a nazi salute means you are starting to fall down the rabbit hole mate, watch yourself and ground yourself.


That was option B) in my original post, although maybe not worded that way exactly. It's the action of a defiant child who doesn't like being told to do (or not to do) something. But it could be that, yes.

So you do think Musk was throwing those particular shapes then?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6542 Posts
May 28 2025 14:43 GMT
#99570
On May 28 2025 21:44 Jankisa wrote:
Ooof, that is such a weak doge I almost can't even think of a reply that is appropreate.

What dodge?

Did I issue a pardon for someone and refused to let you hold me accountable for why?

I have no obligation to care about something you care about. Your level of hysteria does not engender any such obligation, either. You apparently think I should care about something. That's fine. You've done a pretty bad job convincing.

On May 28 2025 21:44 Jankisa wrote:
I'd say that maybe, given how much you are concerned on Abrego Garcia's problems with law and how that makes him an appropriate target for extrajudicial deportation to a gulag you might have an issue with the president who's such a huge fan you are doing blatant corruption and bailing out people who stole from "the people".

I'm not particularly concerned about Abrego Garcia's accidental-yet-everything-worked-out-for-the-best deportation, either. You have brought it up apropos of nothing.

On May 28 2025 21:44 Jankisa wrote:
I guess your concern for criminality only goes for people who aren't white, who would have thunk it.

Look, mom! Race baiting!

On May 28 2025 21:44 Jankisa wrote:
On the other hand, since you are so worried about deficit and national debt I would think you might have a problem with the millions that these pieces of shit now don't have to pay in restitution which reduces the federal income.

Restitution goes to victims. But quick quiz: How many orders of magnitude are there between a million and a trillion? Which one of those two is bigger? Finally, what can we conclude about the effectiveness of using fines against... one pardoned millionaire... as the backbone of a fiscal policy to pay back the national debt?
On May 28 2025 21:44 Jankisa wrote:
Of course, all of this would assume that you have any semblance of consistency and human decency.

Better start punching me in the face until that appears.

On May 28 2025 21:44 Jankisa wrote:
The fact that you refer to his assassination attempt as a reason why he and his cronies get to do crime is, well, I don't know, retarded I guess?

What's the criminal statute that says you can't make a meme coin, be inaugurated president, and hold it? It doesn't exist, right? The fact he got shot doesn't mean he gets to do crime. The fact he got shot means I no longer even pay obvious wolf-criers the benefit of the doubt to look for evidence on the offchance they're correct before assuming they're wrong.

The gist of everything I'm reading is "rich am bad and more rich am more bad." This resonates if you're already a class warfighter. I'm not. You're telling me a MILLIONAIRE got PARDONED for WHITE COLLAR CRIMES, right? I got it. My question is: And?

I get it, the goal is "LoOK BoOtLicKEr oBlaDe neVeR SaY DruMpF WrONG!" It's transparent, it's not clever, it's obnoxious, but most luckily, it's simply wrong. Like I explicitly spelled out the Big Beautiful Bill is trillions in the same old deficit spending and instead of using a brain cell to notice that, you're ranting incoherently like a dropout from communist clown school triggered by the pardon of some random millionaire I don't fucking know or care anything about while my country is headed towards fiscal disaster. We have different priorities. Yours personally are not the "default." In fact, as a foreigner yours have no general constraint to even be rational, because the country's future isn't your future. It doesn't affect you, it's entertainment that you use for a quick emotional fix to satisfy an addiction.

But let me just clarify so you know I'm not dodging. Any pardon that hits my desk from now on, I vow not to approve it.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46500 Posts
May 28 2025 14:49 GMT
#99571
On May 28 2025 23:35 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.

Sorry, is your point now that Hitler wasn't a Nazi?


He's been arguing that all violence is indicative of being a Nazi, and that calling out someone for possibly being a Nazi means that the accuser must also be a Nazi.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
May 28 2025 14:53 GMT
#99572
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.




Its so self evidently wrong that you define nazism as 'drawing swastikas and committing violence'. That's not what nazism is.
Drawing swastikas and committing violence is a very small part of being a nazi.
Its like someone making a speech about how the phrase 'heil Hitler' helped spread nazism in Germany. You could say "oh obviously they are nazi, they are making a speech and saying 'heil Hitler'". That's doing nazi things, right?

I can do that with anything. I have million examples of Trump I could do that with.

Nazism involves having certain beliefs, belonging to certain Nazi organisations, taking organized nazi actions, pushing for a white ethnostate, none of which describe what these left wingers do in the slightest, but you choose to disregard all of that.

By your standard, Elon Musk is definitely a Nazi. In the real world he's not, he just had a short period of time where he thought using Nazi symbols would benefit him somehow.

Obviously he got bitchslapped by Tesla and had to stop for money's sake.
RIP Meatloaf <3
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-05-28 15:04:33
May 28 2025 15:00 GMT
#99573
On May 28 2025 23:53 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.




Its so self evidently wrong that you define nazism as 'drawing swastikas and committing violence'. That's not what nazism is.
Drawing swastikas and committing violence is a very small part of being a nazi.
Its like someone making a speech about how the phrase 'heil Hitler' helped spread nazism in Germany. You could say "oh obviously they are nazi, they are making a speech and saying 'heil Hitler'". That's doing nazi things, right?

I can do that with anything. I have million examples of Trump I could do that with.

Nazism involves having certain beliefs, belonging to certain Nazi organisations, taking organized nazi actions, pushing for a white ethnostate, none of which describe what these left wingers do in the slightest, but you choose to disregard all of that.

By your standard, Elon Musk is definitely a Nazi. In the real world he's not, he just had a short period of time where he thought using Nazi symbols would benefit him somehow.

Obviously he got bitchslapped by Tesla and had to stop for money's sake.

Elon is definitely a Nazi. He's been extremely consistent for the last few years on which voices he retweets, who he promotes, which conspiracy theories he embraces. He's full on Nazi. There are members of the SS less ideologically committed than Elon.

He's also a terminally online cringe edgelord so he'd probably be doing some Nazi stuff anyway but he goes way beyond that.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
May 28 2025 15:07 GMT
#99574
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.



I guess Brad Pitt must've been playing a Nazi in "Inglourious Basterds".

I'm not sure whether you're a moron or just pretending to be one.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
May 28 2025 15:10 GMT
#99575
On May 28 2025 23:49 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:35 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.

Sorry, is your point now that Hitler wasn't a Nazi?


He's been arguing that all violence is indicative of being a Nazi, and that calling out someone for possibly being a Nazi means that the accuser must also be a Nazi.

Which makes absolutely zero sense in combination with a previous exchange where they suggested I use the more generic ‘authoritarian’ rather than Fascist.

If they followed their own advice here and swapped out the more specific ‘Nazi’ designation for authoritarian or some variant, you can make broadly the same point without it being ridiculous.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
May 28 2025 15:12 GMT
#99576
On May 28 2025 10:40 Hat Trick of Today wrote:
lmao Musk is a dude obsessed with the great replacement theory, spends several hours a day being a reply guy to actual honest to god self admitted fascists on Twitter, does nothing but boost said people on Twitter, and ties himself with an European political party so closely aligned to fascism that other far right parties in Europe keep them at arms length.

The guy throws two perfect Nazi salutes with actual power despite being a guy that moves like an uncoordinated crab on its back and we’re to believe they were not Nazi salutes. Get out of here.


That's what they like about him. That's the only thing the people that they defend have in common.
Razyda
Profile Joined March 2013
1059 Posts
May 28 2025 15:19 GMT
#99577
On May 28 2025 23:24 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.



Just checking:

If I would cut a Swastika in your head because I saw you doing a Sieg Heil (an obvious one, not a K-Pop one). Does that make me a Nazi?


Btw: "Doing Violence" isn't a Nazi thing... FFS...


I would say that cutting swastika in somebody's head is very nazi thing to do no matter reasons. In practice though, I would argue that it will make you more of an inmate/corpse (depending on the temper of the person you attempt it on) than a nazi.


"Btw: "Doing Violence" isn't a Nazi thing... FFS." - yep, peaceful bunch them nazis, they watched in horror, how milions of folks offed themself for no apparent reason...

On May 28 2025 23:35 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.

Sorry, is your point now that Hitler wasn't a Nazi?


My point is that your statement:

"If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi"

doesnt hold.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
May 28 2025 15:25 GMT
#99578
On May 29 2025 00:00 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:53 Jockmcplop wrote:
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.




Its so self evidently wrong that you define nazism as 'drawing swastikas and committing violence'. That's not what nazism is.
Drawing swastikas and committing violence is a very small part of being a nazi.
Its like someone making a speech about how the phrase 'heil Hitler' helped spread nazism in Germany. You could say "oh obviously they are nazi, they are making a speech and saying 'heil Hitler'". That's doing nazi things, right?

I can do that with anything. I have million examples of Trump I could do that with.

Nazism involves having certain beliefs, belonging to certain Nazi organisations, taking organized nazi actions, pushing for a white ethnostate, none of which describe what these left wingers do in the slightest, but you choose to disregard all of that.

By your standard, Elon Musk is definitely a Nazi. In the real world he's not, he just had a short period of time where he thought using Nazi symbols would benefit him somehow.

Obviously he got bitchslapped by Tesla and had to stop for money's sake.

Elon is definitely a Nazi. He's been extremely consistent for the last few years on which voices he retweets, who he promotes, which conspiracy theories he embraces. He's full on Nazi. There are members of the SS less ideologically committed than Elon.

He's also a terminally online cringe edgelord so he'd probably be doing some Nazi stuff anyway but he goes way beyond that.

Interesting.

I genuinely wonder what the fucking threshold is for some people, assuming they are reasonably aware of some of the rather weighty and compelling evidence.

Or indeed, for some, why it’s so, so high in the first place. Obviously if one aligns, we know why there, but if you’re some middle ground, ostensibly skeptical centrist?

I rather studiously avoid the auld Nazi word, got rather sick of ‘the left say everyone’s a Nazi’ over the years.

He’s a pretty shit Fascist as well. They love that degenerate word in that sphere, he sure as fuck fits that bill. He very much just picks and chooses, but he does cut things out for his worldview collage from that book pretty damn frequently.

There isn’t really an interpretation where he’s not a massive cunt. Best case he’s merely shitposting, or happy to amplify such voices and forces for his own gain while not being a believer. Which in certain ways is even more contemptible
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
May 28 2025 15:32 GMT
#99579
On May 29 2025 00:19 Razyda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:24 Velr wrote:
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.



Just checking:

If I would cut a Swastika in your head because I saw you doing a Sieg Heil (an obvious one, not a K-Pop one). Does that make me a Nazi?


Btw: "Doing Violence" isn't a Nazi thing... FFS...


I would say that cutting swastika in somebody's head is very nazi thing to do no matter reasons. In practice though, I would argue that it will make you more of an inmate/corpse (depending on the temper of the person you attempt it on) than a nazi.


"Btw: "Doing Violence" isn't a Nazi thing... FFS." - yep, peaceful bunch them nazis, they watched in horror, how milions of folks offed themself for no apparent reason...

Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:35 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.

Sorry, is your point now that Hitler wasn't a Nazi?


My point is that your statement:

"If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi"

doesnt hold.

If you have not seen the film in question, an American military group comprised (IIRC) entirely of American Jews goes around killing Nazis, like actual Nazis in World War 2.

It’s quite hard to argue that they were Nazis.

IIRC you’re not a native English speaker, but you gotta read between the lines sometimes. ‘Violence isn’t exclusively a Nazi thing’ was the intent here.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Razyda
Profile Joined March 2013
1059 Posts
May 28 2025 15:33 GMT
#99580
On May 28 2025 23:53 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2025 23:13 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:32 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:22 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 22:10 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 21:46 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:29 KwarK wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:24 Razyda wrote:
On May 28 2025 15:22 KwarK wrote:
It's like that well known poem goes
"First they came for the trade unionists because Nazis are left wing and wanted to hang out
Then they came for the socialists because everyone knows Nazis are socialists"

Pretty sure I'm remembering it right.


Would be helpful if you made a point?

You made the argument that Nazism was a left wing ideology because Hitler said he was a socialist one time and if you can't trust a man like Hitler then who can you trust. Hitler wouldn't lie.

I thought that was a fucking fantastic point and chimed in with agreement about left wing Nazism. I think there was even a poem about how in Nazi Germany the first people the Nazis came for were the trade unionists. I don't remember exactly how the poem went but I'm pretty sure that it was a list of groups the Nazis liked.


You misunderstood. I didnt make argument that nazism was left wing ideology. I made argument that being left wing doesnt make you impervious to being nazi/nazilike.

Yes it does.

If you're left wing and violent then you might be a Stalinist or whatever but you're not a Nazi. Words have meanings, there is no left wing Nazism. You need to find a different word for them.

Consider the moon. It's in the sky, it lights things up, it's pretty big, sounds a lot like the sun to me. Being the moon must not be an impervious defence against the accusation of being the sun. I'm not saying that the sun is the moon, I'm just saying that the moon isn't necessarily not the sun. Here's a facebook link to explain this in more detail.


You are getting rather close to arguing that mustache dude wasnt a nazi, because " Ich bin Sozialist"

No I’m not. Again, Hitler was a liar. I don’t know where your unwavering faith in Hitler comes from but I don’t share it. Hitler was a Nazi.


Well then on one hand you have self declared left winger doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence) as an obvious nazi, on the other hand you have self declared left wingers doing nazi things (drawing swastikas, committing violence), as not nazis, because leftists cant be nazis...

Very consistent of you.




Its so self evidently wrong that you define nazism as 'drawing swastikas and committing violence'. That's not what nazism is.
Drawing swastikas and committing violence is a very small part of being a nazi.
Its like someone making a speech about how the phrase 'heil Hitler' helped spread nazism in Germany. You could say "oh obviously they are nazi, they are making a speech and saying 'heil Hitler'". That's doing nazi things, right?

I can do that with anything. I have million examples of Trump I could do that with.

Nazism involves having certain beliefs, belonging to certain Nazi organisations, taking organized nazi actions, pushing for a white ethnostate, none of which describe what these left wingers do in the slightest, but you choose to disregard all of that.

By your standard, Elon Musk is definitely a Nazi. In the real world he's not, he just had a short period of time where he thought using Nazi symbols would benefit him somehow.

Obviously he got bitchslapped by Tesla and had to stop for money's sake.


"Its so self evidently wrong that you define nazism as 'drawing swastikas and committing violence'. That's not what nazism is." - I dont define nazizm with that. I would say though that this are some decent indicators.

If sane person see 2 people:
1 - drawing swastika and committing acts of violence
2 - owning a tesla
then it is somewhat clear cut which of the 2 has better odds of being nazi.


Prev 1 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 5998 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1124
RotterdaM685
SteadfastSC295
TKL 258
Rex126
CosmosSc2 38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 685
SteadfastSC 295
TKL 258
Rex 126
ProTech101
CosmosSc2 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45756
Calm 3388
Shuttle 2672
Jaedong 1759
Horang2 727
Mini 519
actioN 431
Rush 418
Stork 415
EffOrt 387
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 368
Soma 349
ZerO 246
BeSt 219
Larva 194
Snow 194
firebathero 125
Mong 119
Zeus 95
hero 79
Mind 78
910 71
sorry 63
Free 60
Hyun 52
Sharp 51
Yoon 50
Shine 40
Shinee 39
PianO 34
Pusan 28
ToSsGirL 25
JYJ 25
Bale 20
HiyA 18
Aegong 17
Killer 17
Sexy 17
Terrorterran 15
Rock 14
Hm[arnc] 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5275
Dendi1183
420jenkins47
Counter-Strike
fl0m2805
Fnx 624
x6flipin45
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
ChuDatz21
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko795
Liquid`RaSZi606
B2W.Neo358
crisheroes355
dupreeh270
ceh9252
DeMusliM215
Khaldor203
Livibee188
Pyrionflax185
Liquid`VortiX147
Trikslyr90
Hui .77
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 447
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV0
League of Legends
• Nemesis2060
• Jankos1643
• TFBlade573
Other Games
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 19m
The PondCast
19h 19m
INu's Battles
20h 19m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.