• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:57
CEST 09:57
KST 16:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8118 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 1263

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 5995 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 31 2019 18:44 GMT
#25241
Someone is leaking this Biden stuff now to deter him from getting in the race. What has surfaced already is likely just a warning shot, and there is more out there. Creepy Uncle Joe missed his chance. He should have run in 2016.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
March 31 2019 18:52 GMT
#25242
Biden not running would be unusually good news. I'll believe it when I see it =)
No will to live, no wish to die
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22638 Posts
March 31 2019 18:52 GMT
#25243
On April 01 2019 03:44 xDaunt wrote:
Someone is leaking this Biden stuff now to deter him from getting in the race. What has surfaced already is likely just a warning shot, and there is more out there. Creepy Uncle Joe missed his chance. He should have run in 2016.
A friendly reminder that the guy had just lost his son.
I can understand someone not being in the mood for a Presidential race after having recently suffered such a personal loss.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44355 Posts
March 31 2019 18:55 GMT
#25244
On April 01 2019 03:52 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 03:44 xDaunt wrote:
Someone is leaking this Biden stuff now to deter him from getting in the race. What has surfaced already is likely just a warning shot, and there is more out there. Creepy Uncle Joe missed his chance. He should have run in 2016.
A friendly reminder that the guy had just lost his son.
I can understand someone not being in the mood for a Presidential race after having recently suffered such a personal loss.

This. Not everyone wants to be President. Hell, I’d only consider it if I was told the only other guy running was Trump.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 31 2019 19:15 GMT
#25245
On April 01 2019 03:17 Dromar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 03:04 Mohdoo wrote:
Biden's run has seemed doomed for a very long time. But this recent touching stuff is the 10th nail in the coffin. Just go ride your Harley into the sunset, Joe. We're ok.


Has he even officially announced that he's running? Seeing him topping polls when he hasn't announced his candidacy annoys the hell out of me.

That and the fact that he's a terrible choice (IMO).

Ultimately this latest stuff is really great since we can get Biden out of the way sooner rather than later.

I refuse to indulge the horse shit culture responsible for saying Biden hasn't announced yet. Yes he has. He hasn't coordinated a hashtag and a big rally and all sorts of stupid shit, but he is 100% running for president based in who he is visiting, pacs, everything.

Biden is a candidate whether he "technically" announced or not. It probably bothers me more than it should, but the whole "oh jeez guys, will I run? XD just talking to donors XD XD" is so dumb.

Biden is just polling highly because the vast majority of voters don't even tune in until near the election. It's just a bunch of low effort Democrats who see Obama as better than Trump.
BerserkSword
Profile Joined December 2018
United States2123 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-31 19:31:37
March 31 2019 19:29 GMT
#25246
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician
TL+ Member
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
March 31 2019 19:35 GMT
#25247
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

To date I've only ever heard the "she's just a high school twit" from right-wingers who'd rather she didn't exist. Maybe actually listen to her speak sometime, instead of parroting Fox News.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
March 31 2019 19:36 GMT
#25248
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent


The american high school system must be much better than I've been led to believe
No will to live, no wish to die
BerserkSword
Profile Joined December 2018
United States2123 Posts
March 31 2019 19:39 GMT
#25249
On March 31 2019 23:25 JimmiC wrote:
Trump didnt play to the center he did OK. I think AOC will be fine. I can see why conservatives would be extra scared but to her base she is saying and doing exactly what they want. And she is not running for president (yet) do you think new yorkers want centerists? Or as far away from trump as possible? I think she will do more then fine next election and Im sure she is not remotely concerned what 2 hard right people think of her and her policies.


Born and raised in NYC, lived here all my life

New Yorkers actually prefer the center left to this democratic socialist sect of the party. for example Bernie sanders got rekt in nyc during the 2016 dem primaries

the only reason AOC won her district (which actually includes the neighborhood where i was born) was because she was a young hispanic woman. i know people who havent voted once in their lives go vote for AOC because she's hispanic lol
TL+ Member
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 31 2019 19:40 GMT
#25250
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.
BerserkSword
Profile Joined December 2018
United States2123 Posts
March 31 2019 19:42 GMT
#25251
On April 01 2019 04:40 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.


I agree. I was just saying she isnt eloquent at the moment lol
TL+ Member
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 31 2019 19:45 GMT
#25252
On April 01 2019 03:52 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 03:44 xDaunt wrote:
Someone is leaking this Biden stuff now to deter him from getting in the race. What has surfaced already is likely just a warning shot, and there is more out there. Creepy Uncle Joe missed his chance. He should have run in 2016.
A friendly reminder that the guy had just lost his son.
I can understand someone not being in the mood for a Presidential race after having recently suffered such a personal loss.

I didn't believe the official story for Biden staying out of the 2016 race then, and I don't believe it now. That speech that he gave announcing his decision not to run was not written to be that kind of speech. It's like someone took a campaign kickoff speech and then revised the final few paragraphs to announce a decision not to run. Biden's very public ruing of his decision not to run in the years since only heightens my suspicions. While I'm sure that the death of his son was a factor in his decision not to run, the primary factor was likely Hillary Clinton. It was decreed from on high that it was her turn to get the nomination. This is why so few Democrats got in the race and why the DNC subsequently did what it could to screw Bernie and to rig the nomination process in her favor.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 31 2019 19:49 GMT
#25253
On April 01 2019 04:42 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 04:40 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.


I agree. I was just saying she isnt eloquent at the moment lol

I don't think it really matters. She's not going to last. Her vacuous ideas don't hold up under any kind of scrutiny. She may stay where she is in Congress for a while because it's not a competitive district (unless she gets primaried, which is a real possibility), but she's not going to advance further.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
March 31 2019 19:55 GMT
#25254
On April 01 2019 04:49 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 04:42 BerserkSword wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:40 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.


I agree. I was just saying she isnt eloquent at the moment lol

I don't think it really matters. She's not going to last. Her vacuous ideas don't hold up under any kind of scrutiny. She may stay where she is in Congress for a while because it's not a competitive district (unless she gets primaried, which is a real possibility), but she's not going to advance further.

Ah yes, her major failing is that her biggest ideas don't hold up under scrutiny. Meanwhile, you defend to the hilt a man who campaigns and rallies on a border wall. Which holds up so much better.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
BerserkSword
Profile Joined December 2018
United States2123 Posts
March 31 2019 19:55 GMT
#25255
On April 01 2019 04:49 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 04:42 BerserkSword wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:40 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.


I agree. I was just saying she isnt eloquent at the moment lol

I don't think it really matters. She's not going to last. Her vacuous ideas don't hold up under any kind of scrutiny. She may stay where she is in Congress for a while because it's not a competitive district (unless she gets primaried, which is a real possibility), but she's not going to advance further.


yea. she's a homeless man's version of bernie

User was warned for this post.
TL+ Member
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 31 2019 19:56 GMT
#25256
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician


I'd love to watch a recording of you public speaking. Got a link?
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
March 31 2019 19:57 GMT
#25257
On April 01 2019 03:44 xDaunt wrote:
Someone is leaking this Biden stuff now to deter him from getting in the race. What has surfaced already is likely just a warning shot, and there is more out there. Creepy Uncle Joe missed his chance. He should have run in 2016.

Considering how much of an absolute pig the man you elected and keep supporting is, I would go soft on the “creepy uncle joe” and other trumpesque school boy taunts of that flavour.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
BerserkSword
Profile Joined December 2018
United States2123 Posts
March 31 2019 19:59 GMT
#25258
On April 01 2019 04:55 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 04:49 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:42 BerserkSword wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:40 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.


I agree. I was just saying she isnt eloquent at the moment lol

I don't think it really matters. She's not going to last. Her vacuous ideas don't hold up under any kind of scrutiny. She may stay where she is in Congress for a while because it's not a competitive district (unless she gets primaried, which is a real possibility), but she's not going to advance further.

Ah yes, her major failing is that her biggest ideas don't hold up under scrutiny. Meanwhile, you defend to the hilt a man who campaigns and rallies on a border wall. Which holds up so much better.


I'd rather my taxes go towards a border wall than AOC's ridiculous plans
TL+ Member
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 31 2019 19:59 GMT
#25259
On April 01 2019 04:57 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 03:44 xDaunt wrote:
Someone is leaking this Biden stuff now to deter him from getting in the race. What has surfaced already is likely just a warning shot, and there is more out there. Creepy Uncle Joe missed his chance. He should have run in 2016.

Considering how much of an absolute pig the man you elected and keep supporting is, I would go soft on the “creepy uncle joe” and other trumpesque school boy taunts of that flavour.

Trump flaunts his shit. No one cares about what he does anymore because we have been over-saturated by the reporting on it. I doubt that the same rules apply to Biden as Trump.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46493 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-31 20:01:39
March 31 2019 20:01 GMT
#25260
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician


Suggestions made in the GND have ~80-90% favorability, once partisan and category taboos (e.g., " this is socialist") are controlled for and removed, and these are things that Bernie and others have been fighting for too, which are basically normalized unless misrepresented by certain organizations:

"87.6% of respondents said it was somewhat, very, or extremely important that the federal government invest in infrastructure designed to build resilience against climate-change-related disasters.
87.2% of poll respondents said it was somewhat, very, or extremely important that the US meet 100% of its power demands through renewable or zero-emission energy sources; 12.7% said this goal was either not so important or not at all important.
86% of those polled said it was important that the federal government enact policies aimed at achieving net-zero greenhouse-gas emissions (which would mean no added carbon dioxide in the atmosphere).
Support for improving the energy efficiency of new and existing buildings was particularly high at 89%.
And 87.5% of respondents said it's important that both manufacturing and agricultural businesses and industries be required to be as emission-free as technologically feasible.
The resolution's call for major investment in energy-efficient transportation was also popular, with 87.6% of those polled saying it's important that the government invest directly in a high-speed rail system, zero-emission vehicle infrastructure, and clean public transit."
https://www.businessinsider.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal-support-among-americans-poll-2019-2/

I would also still stand by my statement that she tends to go viral for positive reasons and that she's generally eloquent. She's not an Obama-level orator, per se, which is surely due to inexperience, but I'd say that in most cases she speaks clearly and powerfully, and carries herself well.

On April 01 2019 04:59 BerserkSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2019 04:55 NewSunshine wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:49 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:42 BerserkSword wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:40 xDaunt wrote:
On April 01 2019 04:29 BerserkSword wrote:
On March 31 2019 20:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think that AOC's GND and other bold proposals for progress, as well as Democratic presidential candidates' policy suggestions (e.g., Yang's UBI), are at least forcing conversations about ideas and topics that are worth exploring (even if they're ultimately rejected or heavily modified).

I actually don't mind some of those suggestions being "extreme left" (for America's political spectrum... It's center/ center-left for much of Europe), as it may force some wary Dems/ centrists to compromise faster and accept at least moderately-liberal positions, now that they're not being perceived as the extreme ones.

Also, I don't think AOC is really in that much trouble. She's eloquent and consistently going viral for positive reasons, her suggestions are overwhelmingly favorable by the American public, and the only people who I've seen strawman the GND are some conservatives who haven't read it and just listen to Fox News mischaracterize it.


AOC speaks like she's still in high school....not something i'd describe as eloquent

Also are there any sources on her suggestions being "overwhelmingly favorable" ? Based on what i see (anecdotal) she is usually considered a joke of a politician

She's young and unpolished, so I'm willing to give her a pass on the speaking skills. She communicates well enough over social media anyway. Considering that 30-second soundbites are the primary weapons of politics, she's well-ahead of the curve on communications.


I agree. I was just saying she isnt eloquent at the moment lol

I don't think it really matters. She's not going to last. Her vacuous ideas don't hold up under any kind of scrutiny. She may stay where she is in Congress for a while because it's not a competitive district (unless she gets primaried, which is a real possibility), but she's not going to advance further.

Ah yes, her major failing is that her biggest ideas don't hold up under scrutiny. Meanwhile, you defend to the hilt a man who campaigns and rallies on a border wall. Which holds up so much better.


I'd rather my taxes go towards a border wall than AOC's ridiculous plans


Literally... saving... the... world... !?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Prev 1 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 5995 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 600
Hyun 51
NotJumperer 39
Killer 36
Bale 34
scan(afreeca) 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto144
League of Legends
JimRising 482
Counter-Strike
ceh9546
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g8450
olofmeister762
Coldzera 702
Happy271
Sick152
NeuroSwarm89
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos984
• Stunt376
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 4m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.