• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12273 users

Woman Dies in Wii Contest!!! - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Dendra
Profile Joined July 2006
Croatia801 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-13 19:29:32
January 13 2007 19:28 GMT
#21
On January 14 2007 02:43 MaZza[KIS] wrote:
If you drink too much water you flush all the minerals from your system... your pee should never be white, it should always be a little bit yellowish... 2 L of water MAX per day... 1.2 L minimum.. spread over the entire day of course..

personally, i found that I drank too much water and couldn't understand why I always looked so pale and "flushed"... then I realised the water was literally draining all the nutrients I was taking in... like DJ said... EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!!!! VARIETY VARIETY VARIETY!!!

if your pee looks white it is similiar to pure water,if it is yellow then it is obvius something else is in it(dunno how to count 'em all in eng. cuz it's chemistry stuff and i ain't interested 2much into chem). I've always found it good if it was white-whenever u'r sick it gets really yellow...(unless u drink gallons of tea so u go to wc every 5sec)
Believing isnt seeing.Seeing is believing,but may not be reality.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
January 13 2007 19:35 GMT
#22
I find it really irresponsible of the radiostation to have a competion of the type "do as much as possible of X" where this X is something that will kill you if you do it too much. Drinking water, alcohol, leaning out of a window on 10:th floor, w/e. And I hope that they get sued for every penny they got. And convicted for murder or something...

At least her kids got the the Wii I hope?
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
January 13 2007 19:47 GMT
#23
a life for a couple hundred dollars
that's just sick and sad
For the Swarm!
doedrikthe2nd
Profile Joined July 2005
Sweden981 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-13 20:14:48
January 13 2007 20:13 GMT
#24
On January 14 2007 03:55 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2007 03:36 Aphelion02 wrote:
The ironic thing is that this might not have happened had it been alcohol instead of water.


On the contrary, if she drank as much alcohol as she did water to the point where she suffered from water toxicity, she would die instead from alcohol poisoning.
Either way, too much of anything can kill.


A gallon of beer won't kill you. I've drank 2 gallons (about 16 beers) in one night several times. You'll piss it all out.

And you can easily drink one gallon of water if you spread it out through the day. I do it on hot summer days.
JudgeMathis
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Cuba1286 Posts
January 13 2007 20:14 GMT
#25
I knew about drinking too much water could kill you since they told me when I was little that drinking too much water could flood out your electric lights(and since I've been reading post before I posted), it seems to be true?
Benching 225 is light weight. Soy Cubano y Boricua!
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
January 13 2007 20:37 GMT
#26
On January 14 2007 02:18 Manifesto7 wrote:
Too much water also gets you high.


lol OMG I'm out of weed, time to drink gallons of water!!

LOL LOL LOL
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
January 13 2007 20:41 GMT
#27
On January 14 2007 05:13 doedrikthe2nd wrote:
And you can easily drink one gallon of water if you spread it out through the day. I do it on hot summer days.


hot summer day: 40°C
airconditioned radio station: 28°C
hot summer day: 10 hours of sunlight
water drinking contest: 1-2 hours

...you get the point.
sad sad story...and whoever said "i hope the kids got their Wii"...i don't think thats gonna make them happy.
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-13 20:51:36
January 13 2007 20:50 GMT
#28
On January 14 2007 05:13 doedrikthe2nd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2007 03:55 NeoIllusions wrote:
On January 14 2007 03:36 Aphelion02 wrote:
The ironic thing is that this might not have happened had it been alcohol instead of water.


On the contrary, if she drank as much alcohol as she did water to the point where she suffered from water toxicity, she would die instead from alcohol poisoning.
Either way, too much of anything can kill.


A gallon of beer won't kill you. I've drank 2 gallons (about 16 beers) in one night several times. You'll piss it all out.

And you can easily drink one gallon of water if you spread it out through the day. I do it on hot summer days.


What are you talking about... where did I even mention the woman drinking a gallon of water through out the day?

From wikipedia:
Consuming as little as 1.8 litres of water in a single sitting may prove fatal for a person adhering to a low-sodium diet, or 3 litres for a person on a normal diet.


I'll assume the woman drank a gallon of water or more in roughly one hour which eventually lead to water toxicity and her death. What I'm saying is that it can be a gallon of water, Smirnoff, vodka, beer, whatever drink you can think of. That amount of fluid in such little time, you'll either die of water toxicity or alochol poisoning. I'm stating that Aphelion02 is incorrect to assume that she would've lived if she drank alcohol instead of water.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
January 13 2007 20:51 GMT
#29
On January 14 2007 05:14 JudgeMathis wrote:
I knew about drinking too much water could kill you since they told me when I was little that drinking too much water could flood out your electric lights(and since I've been reading post before I posted), it seems to be true?


Yes, and you can get electrocuted should the electric lights touch the water in your blood stream. Becareful, keep them eletric lights awayyyyyyy
Aphelion
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States2720 Posts
January 13 2007 20:53 GMT
#30
Neo, what I'm saying is that had it been beer or something, she'd might have been stopped / out before she could drink enough to die. She'd have a god awful hangover though.
But Garimto was always more than just a Protoss...
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-13 21:04:20
January 13 2007 21:02 GMT
#31
On January 14 2007 05:53 Aphelion02 wrote:
Neo, what I'm saying is that had it been beer or something, she'd might have been stopped / out before she could drink enough to die. She'd have a god awful hangover though.


It might not have been this mom, but had the radio station done the contest with beer/alcohol instead of water, I am willing to bet there is someone out there dumb enough to drink himself into oblivion for that Wii. This woman was obviously tenacious enough to continue drinking water after her body was giving her signs to ease up. God knows that there are college students out there who do the exact same thing with beer on a weekly basis.

All in all, I'm just being a stickler here. Imo, human stupidity knows no bounds and drinking more than a gallon of any fluid in an hour will cause death. Put two and two together, I am not surprised at all that someone died from a contest as stupid as this one.

And lastly, hangovers don't occur for at least 5-6 hours into heavy drinking. Alcohol is a diuretic but it doesn't cause you to dehydrate that quickly for a duration of a radio contest (roughly 1-2 hours.)
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
January 13 2007 21:19 GMT
#32
the company should be sued
imo
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
January 13 2007 21:23 GMT
#33
Theory: humanity is bored and can only get kicks by finding new, previously-unheard-of ways to die.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
January 13 2007 22:27 GMT
#34
The mineral level can be restored in a short time, so only when you drink water really fast your system can't process it and you could die. In a desert, people drink 2 gallons of water a day.

And I had over 15 beers yesterday (table tennis with drinking tourney), but since i never had more than 2-3 per hour it's okay. I don't even feel any hangover effects.

The radio station could be sued, but i don't really see the point. What is gained?
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
January 13 2007 22:40 GMT
#35
On January 14 2007 04:28 Dendra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2007 02:43 MaZza[KIS] wrote:
If you drink too much water you flush all the minerals from your system... your pee should never be white, it should always be a little bit yellowish... 2 L of water MAX per day... 1.2 L minimum.. spread over the entire day of course..

personally, i found that I drank too much water and couldn't understand why I always looked so pale and "flushed"... then I realised the water was literally draining all the nutrients I was taking in... like DJ said... EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!!!! VARIETY VARIETY VARIETY!!!

if your pee looks white it is similiar to pure water,if it is yellow then it is obvius something else is in it(dunno how to count 'em all in eng. cuz it's chemistry stuff and i ain't interested 2much into chem). I've always found it good if it was white-whenever u'r sick it gets really yellow...(unless u drink gallons of tea so u go to wc every 5sec)



You pee to flush the stuff out that your body can't handle. If it's yellow, that's good because it means it's flushing out a lot of bad stuff - it's doing its job. If it's really clear like water, however, it's just mostly water which means you drank too much and your body is just getting rid of the excess of water.



It's kind of incredible this happened - it should be common knowledge that too much of anything will kill you.
Her relatives might have a case if they sued the radio station, but it could be argued that if the radio station was supposed to know it was harmful, so should she.
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
January 13 2007 22:44 GMT
#36
sue 'the water'
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 13 2007 22:48 GMT
#37
Hehehehe, yeah, sue the water.

Come on, it's not like they forced her to drink. there are eating contests all the time, what if one of the competitors choke? Or get food poisoning and die. Come on, nobody's making you do it.

Let's sue FIFA each time a player breaks his leg, or NBA, or NASCAR each time there's a crash. What if someone hosts a contest where you should eat as much candy as possible, and one of the contestants has diabetes? It's the same thing.

But... as I said... everybdoy wants to blame someone else for their own bad choises. I feel sad for the kids, but what the hell... it's more her fault than the radio station's. Let's get real.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Chibi[OWNS]
Profile Joined May 2003
United Kingdom10597 Posts
January 13 2007 22:53 GMT
#38
--- Nuked ---
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
January 13 2007 22:55 GMT
#39
On January 14 2007 03:30 Sn0wy wrote:
Show nested quote +
“I was talking to her and she was a nice lady,” Ybarra said. “She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for kids.”


That's sad. T_T

i read the whole story too, and its pretty sad
Teamliquidian townie
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
January 13 2007 22:59 GMT
#40
we should have God draft a Labor Protection.life (doc) so will be covered for our brain shortage
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11149
Artosis 442
White-Ra 192
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift5305
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4422
Other Games
summit1g8216
FrodaN2611
Liquid`RaSZi2001
C9.Mang0358
ToD195
Livibee193
Pyrionflax124
Maynarde64
Mew2King54
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1104
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 135
• musti20045 35
• HeavenSC 32
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Sammyuel 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1469
• Shiphtur643
• Scarra497
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Replay Cast
12m
OSC
13h 12m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.