• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:25
CEST 15:25
KST 22:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10416 users

LGBT Rights and Gender Equality Thread - Page 98

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 149 Next
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 02 2013 20:53 GMT
#1941
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.


I agree. I'm done here. Teamliquid always struck me as a gaming board that had higher standards. Kwark is not maintaining those standards himself while holding the hammer.

Later, nerds.
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
August 02 2013 20:54 GMT
#1942
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.


And you know damn well that some of your comments would have gotten you banned if you weren't a mod.

You guys spent how long arguing against the watering down of transphobic and then you start calling people rapists after you've clearly also been attacking them emotionally with other users? You also are purposes ignoring the past 60 pages of discussion on what does and doesn't consitute necessary position for disclosure. You already know I agree with you, but you've been atching on to bad arguments and attacking users and misrepresenting and straw manning at every point. You seriously crossed the line of deceny in this thread.

You don't even seem to know that Klondikebar isn't trans FFS.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
August 02 2013 20:55 GMT
#1943
On August 03 2013 05:51 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:49 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:41 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:34 Plansix wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:33 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:31 packrat386 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:30 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:27 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:22 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:18 KwarK wrote:
[quote]
Yeah, asking people if they wanna have sex with you before you have sex with them must suck.


Intentional and mean-spirited twisting. In my experience, people ask me and I say "yes" if I want to, not the other way around. But in your's and other people's eyes, that makes me a rapist. There's nothing to say to that other than to call it busted.

If you think their assumptions are leading them to consent when they would not otherwise do so and you know their assumptions are false, 100% rapist. I think almost everyone would agree.


100% Double standard.

please explain why you think its a double standard? if you deceive someone in order to get a "yes" then its probably rape.


It's not deception. *I* don't do anything except exist. Who and what I am is not about anyone else but me.

So, if you withholding information that you have reason to believe would make them change their mind, that is fine?


"Withholding information" here is to tell someone that I am transsexual, yes? It's none of their business. I am not actively deceiving anyone and I think that the problem with most people here is that they assume that transsexuals are inherently deceitful.

It's none of their business right up until the point where they're choosing to consent based on the assumption that you are cis at which point it becomes very much their business.

How are you not getting this? A significant number of the trans posters in this topic are making me really quite angry and sickened. It's been a string of "well if I didn't rape people life would be harder for me, what am I meant to do, have my life be hard?" "well I knew they had their criteria for sex but I thought their criteria were dumb so I decided for them", "fuck those guys", "well even if they think it's a big deal I don't think it's a big deal so I decided for them". THESE ARE ABHORRENT AND REALLY, REALLY RAPEY ARGUMENTS. Hell, I've actually become more transphobic from talking to trans people. Get your shit together.


Are you getting that I can't be responsible for other people's assumptions? Stop asking me to be responsible for you.

99.99% of people are cis. It is not reasonable to assume that just because a person doesn't say "are you cis?" means that they accept the possibility that you are trans.

There was a great twin switch metaphor here earlier. I'll give the basics of it.

A guy has a twin who is married. The twins don't know each other as they were adopted separately. His twin's wife doesn't know her husband has a twin. One night the unmarried twin shows up and has sex with his brother's wife.

Is it her duty to ask her husband each time "is it you or your twin?" while knowing that he might possibly have a twin but probably doesn't or rather is it reasonable to assume the guy who looks like her husband is her husband. Likewise is it reasonable for the twin to assume that his brother's wife's consent is built on the assumption that he is her husband rather than her husband or his twin or whatever?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 02 2013 20:55 GMT
#1944
On August 03 2013 05:52 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

i think a more accurate description of kwark's behavior would be: frustrated that their correct logical argument regarding consent is not being received as truth, and that everyone doesn't put consent in the same place in their moral pyramid. leading them to being offensive and using exaggerated language in sensitive topics towards sensitive people.

i also agree that trans people should stop reading because i feel so so very bad for you having to read some of this stuff.

I also think that people need to use better examples, rather than broad ones. Cleary, no one is staying that if a transgender person has to out themself to someeone they can confirm would have no problem sleeping with them. It is the gray area where they get the feeling the person might not be willnig to do so and they choose to withhold the information in an to assure they get laid. That is the part of the discussion people are objecting to.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
August 02 2013 20:56 GMT
#1945
Can everybody calm down real fast? This suddenly got ugly.
dreaming of a sunny day
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
August 02 2013 20:57 GMT
#1946
On August 03 2013 05:25 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:22 xM(Z wrote:
just gimme a club!
i would've solved this thread 50 pages ago ...

How exactly would you do that?(he asks with fear of the answer)

just some unadulterated, innocent energy transfer.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
August 02 2013 20:57 GMT
#1947
On August 03 2013 05:53 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.


I agree. I'm done here. Teamliquid always struck me as a gaming board that had higher standards. Kwark is not maintaining those standards himself while holding the hammer.

Later, nerds.

We just have different standards. I like consent and, when it's dubious due to a massive disparity in information, informed consent. You like getting ploughed and give no fucks about anyone else. I believe my standards are somewhat higher.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
August 02 2013 20:57 GMT
#1948
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 02 2013 20:59 GMT
#1949
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Yeah, I don't really like the rape argument, but it keeps comming up. I suggested exploitive, because that is what it really is if you decide to withhold information will decrease your chances of getting laid.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 21:01:35
August 02 2013 21:00 GMT
#1950
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Obviously there's a sliding scale. If you could not reasonably expect that your undisclosed thing would be an issue regarding their consent then sure, you didn't know. Likewise if you can reasonably assume they know, or that they considered the possibility and didn't care, then sure. But it's being argued by people here that someone must ask about every possible dealbreaker, no matter how unlikely, and likewise that someone doesn't have to disclose anything unless asked, no matter how likely a dealbreaker. And that's where it gets really rapey.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 02 2013 21:01 GMT
#1951
On August 03 2013 05:55 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:52 ComaDose wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

i think a more accurate description of kwark's behavior would be: frustrated that their correct logical argument regarding consent is not being received as truth, and that everyone doesn't put consent in the same place in their moral pyramid. leading them to being offensive and using exaggerated language in sensitive topics towards sensitive people.

i also agree that trans people should stop reading because i feel so so very bad for you having to read some of this stuff.

I also think that people need to use better examples, rather than broad ones. Cleary, no one is staying that if a transgender person has to out themself to someeone they can confirm would have no problem sleeping with them. It is the gray area where they get the feeling the person might not be willnig to do so and they choose to withhold the information in an to assure they get laid. That is the part of the discussion people are objecting to.

this "feeling" is not required in the arguments presented by the pro disclosure side.

their central point is: "its reasonable to assume that there is a good chance a stranger's choice to have sex with someone will change if they learn they are a trans person, therefore, you have a moral obligation to tell them before sex so they will be able to make an informed decision"
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
August 02 2013 21:01 GMT
#1952
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.


There is a difference here. Being transgendered is a quality that many people would go a long way to avoid. I don't condone that viewpoint but it is quite common. Being transgendered is also a quality that is profound, but often invisible.

I agree that calling it rape is a bit of a stretch, but it does seem somewhat morally duplicitous to withhold that information, especially if you suspect it would change their mind.
(for the record, I also think it would be duplicitous for someone you had a one night stand with to withhold their marital status given that adultery is an another thing that many people want to avoid.
dreaming of a sunny day
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 02 2013 21:01 GMT
#1953
On August 03 2013 05:52 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:48 fugs wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:44 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:40 fugs wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:37 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:35 fugs wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:34 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:32 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:30 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:30 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
[quote]

100% Double standard.

No, universal moral standard.


No. Systemic oppression. Reinforced by bigotry and prejudice wearing the mask of moral standard.

Not raping = oppression. Must suck to be a minority and not get given a free moral card to do whatever the fuck you want. Fuck off. I have nothing against trans people. I just really like consent.


You're accusing us of rape what'd you expect, a high five?

Well stop raping people and I won't call you a rapist. Jesus. It's not hard. A bunch of trans people in here all agree that they tell people for exactly the described reasons.


I haven't raped anyone. If I recall correctly they're the ones that put their dick inside of me.

Because only women can be raped. Nice...

You should return your moral compass to the store you got it from, you sicken me.


Oh I'd hate to sicken yet another individual, it's not like the world is full of you people. Stop fucking around and grow up. You definitely don't sound tolerant of trans people since you keep yelling rape. Maybe you should take a look at your own damned moral compass, it's not our job to cater to you. It's not our responsibility to guide your penis around the bar.

"Its not my job to keep her legs shut, she never said no"


Oh how easy it is for a man to link rape and 'trickery', as if you've ever been raped. It's fucking offensive as hell hearing this argument. For starters none of you fucks know what it's like to be held down and raped so don't fucking act like you've been there. And second take a gander and the obvious double standards you're blowing out your ass.

Oh she's a virgin, oh she's a blonde, oh she's nerdy, oh she's got brown eyes, oh she's got long hair. Wanna know something? She's lying about every single fucking one of those things, she's not a virgin, her natural hair color is red, she hasn't picked up a video card in her life, she's wearing contact lenses, and she has hair extensions in. Yet that's not a fucking problem for you is it?

But when she's a trans person, oh holy shit now it's rape by deceit! Fuck you people, it's not about withholding information, it's about her being trans and you being a bigot.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 21:02:56
August 02 2013 21:02 GMT
#1954
On August 03 2013 06:00 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Obviously there's a sliding scale. If you could not reasonably expect that your undisclosed thing would be an issue regarding their consent then sure, you didn't know. Likewise if you can reasonably assume they know, or that they considered the possibility and didn't care, then sure. But it's being argued by people here that someone must ask about every possibly dealbreaker, no matter how unlikely, and likewise that someone doesn't have to disclose anything unless asked, no matter how likely a dealbreaker. And that's where it gets really rapey.

Kwark, there is a difference between rape and being "rapey". One is super duper bad and will land you in jail. The other is just being a jerk.

On August 03 2013 06:01 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.


There is a difference here. Being transgendered is a quality that many people would go a long way to avoid. I don't condone that viewpoint but it is quite common. Being transgendered is also a quality that is profound, but often invisible.

I agree that calling it rape is a bit of a stretch, but it does seem somewhat morally duplicitous to withhold that information, especially if you suspect it would change their mind.
(for the record, I also think it would be duplicitous for someone you had a one night stand with to withhold their marital status given that adultery is an another thing that many people want to avoid.

Im siding with Wolf here, pick a new word.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Asarha
Profile Joined January 2012
France71 Posts
August 02 2013 21:02 GMT
#1955

99.99% of people are cis. It is not reasonable to assume that just because a person doesn't say "are you cis?" means that they accept the possibility that you are trans.

This.
Just this.

As I said before, they're some "default settings". That's not good. That's not bad. That's just a fact. When you've a police uniform, by default, people will think you're a cop.

You have to tell people if you're not in this case. Do you think it is morally acceptable that I said "Yes, I'm your boyfriend", then had sex with an other woman, if I didn't told my girlfriends I'm libertin ? I don't think so.

Same situation here.


Fact is, it's not a rape as legally, and I understand this word is hurting you, 'cause there's so much "bad background". But here's a fact: you're cheating with them.
http://isday9dead.com/
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 21:04:25
August 02 2013 21:03 GMT
#1956
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.


If he/she knew beforehand you wouldnt want to have sex had you known he/she were married. Then yes its very immoral (I dont think people should throw around the word 'rape' so haphazardly).

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.


Same here. Immoral.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape..


Again, immoral.

What people in here dont seem to get is that its not the transgender-part thats the gist of the moral issue. The thing that matters is if you knowingly withhold information that would be a dealbreaker had you told your partner. That is all that matters. That is immoral and ranges from rape-esque to minor misdemeanor depending on the information you have (if you know beforehand it will cause your partner emotional trauma then its just as bad as rape, if you know beforehand it will result in a shrug then its a minor misdemeanor).
Amove for Aiur
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 02 2013 21:03 GMT
#1957
On August 03 2013 06:00 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Obviously there's a sliding scale. If you could not reasonably expect that your undisclosed thing would be an issue regarding their consent then sure, you didn't know. Likewise if you can reasonably assume they know, or that they considered the possibility and didn't care, then sure. But it's being argued by people here that someone must ask about every possible dealbreaker, no matter how unlikely, and likewise that someone doesn't have to disclose anything unless asked, no matter how likely a dealbreaker. And that's where it gets really rapey.

but you stopped using "rapey" and went right onto telling people to "stop raping people" even though it is a sliding scale and you had no evidence they had raped anyone before.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
August 02 2013 21:04 GMT
#1958
On August 03 2013 06:00 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:57 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:51 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

It's been legitimately argued in here that "well what am I supposed to do, telling people about my status and letting them have informed consent inconveniences me, not take advantage of their ignorance?". As if that's a difficult moral question for most of the world. "God my dating life would be hard if I stopped being so rapey, I'm so unfortunate, don't hold me to the same moral standard". It's outrageous.

What the fuck. Seriously, you're a moderator. What the fuck.

I come into this thread, which was already a clusterfuck of ignorance, only to discover that withholding any information that might possibly be a turnoff constitutes rape.

I don't want to be an adulterer, I find out my one-night-stand was married. Apparently that's rape.

My girlfriend had a slight cold, I wouldn't have been intimate with her if I knew she was sick. Apparently that's rape.

I date a girl, we have sex. Turns out she had a kid, I don't like that. Apparently that's rape.


Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Obviously there's a sliding scale. If you could not reasonably expect that your undisclosed thing would be an issue regarding their consent then sure, you didn't know. Likewise if you can reasonably assume they know, or that they considered the possibility and didn't care, then sure. But it's being argued by people here that someone must ask about every possibly dealbreaker, no matter how unlikely, and likewise that someone doesn't have to disclose anything unless asked, no matter how likely a dealbreaker. And that's where it gets really rapey.

No. Just stop. If I could have reported you, I would have several times over the last few pages.

Purposefully infecting someone with an STD through consensual sex does not constitute rape, and that's a far more serious "withholding of information".

So once again. Just. Stop.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 21:05:40
August 02 2013 21:04 GMT
#1959
On August 03 2013 05:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
I would stronlgy advise all trans people to stop reading and posting in this thread. There's no reason to discuss this now.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.

Um, let's be fair here. It's not like Kwark is the only person getting heated. When we have comments like:

I don't assume the worst in people. My life is happier that way.


talking about people who simply want to have sex with cis women only, I don't think it's fair to say that one side is being really polite and understanding and non-confrontational while the other is going all out.

When a fucking mod is calling people rapists and making personal attacks, twisting the words of others, misrepresenting banned people's opinions and supporting attacks on others fuck that.


I don't know if you followed this thread from the start, but Klondike was, at some points, pretty much saying that if you don't want to sleep with trans people, there's a good chance you're a bigot. Also, apparently you have to have really good, convincing reasons based on some universal sort of logic for anything you believe. In no way is Kwark going off the handle here, compared to this. I think it's pretty understandable that, given a situation like "I had sex with someone under false pretenses," it's probably fair to say that, while this legally might not be rape, it's pretty fucking immoral.

The question is whether, given a one night stand between two people, cis status is implied. This isn't a question of theory. It's a pretty obvious fact, because pretty much everyone would rather know than not know. It's amazing to me that some people have such a hard time understanding this.

There hasn't been a single good reason as to why one shouldn't just say that they're trans. I mean, yes, maybe fewer people will have sex with it. So what? This idea that people are going to go on murderous rampages in public is ridiculous, and, furthermore, is in no way a justification for fearing every single person you encounter.

Purposefully infecting someone with an STD through consensual sex does not constitute rape, and that's a far more serious "withholding of information".


You realize that people with HIV are required by law in many places to notify anyone they have sex with of their status, right?
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 21:05:50
August 02 2013 21:05 GMT
#1960
On August 03 2013 06:01 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:52 packrat386 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:48 fugs wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:44 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:40 fugs wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:37 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:35 fugs wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:34 KwarK wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:32 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:30 KwarK wrote:
[quote]
No, universal moral standard.


No. Systemic oppression. Reinforced by bigotry and prejudice wearing the mask of moral standard.

Not raping = oppression. Must suck to be a minority and not get given a free moral card to do whatever the fuck you want. Fuck off. I have nothing against trans people. I just really like consent.


You're accusing us of rape what'd you expect, a high five?

Well stop raping people and I won't call you a rapist. Jesus. It's not hard. A bunch of trans people in here all agree that they tell people for exactly the described reasons.


I haven't raped anyone. If I recall correctly they're the ones that put their dick inside of me.

Because only women can be raped. Nice...

You should return your moral compass to the store you got it from, you sicken me.


Oh I'd hate to sicken yet another individual, it's not like the world is full of you people. Stop fucking around and grow up. You definitely don't sound tolerant of trans people since you keep yelling rape. Maybe you should take a look at your own damned moral compass, it's not our job to cater to you. It's not our responsibility to guide your penis around the bar.

"Its not my job to keep her legs shut, she never said no"


Oh how easy it is for a man to link rape and 'trickery', as if you've ever been raped. It's fucking offensive as hell hearing this argument. For starters none of you fucks know what it's like to be held down and raped so don't fucking act like you've been there. And second take a gander and the obvious double standards you're blowing out your ass.

Oh she's a virgin, oh she's a blonde, oh she's nerdy, oh she's got brown eyes, oh she's got long hair. Wanna know something? She's lying about every single fucking one of those things, she's not a virgin, her natural hair color is red, she hasn't picked up a video card in her life, she's wearing contact lenses, and she has hair extensions in. Yet that's not a fucking problem for you is it?

But when she's a trans person, oh holy shit now it's rape by deceit! Fuck you people, it's not about withholding information, it's about her being trans and you being a bigot.

I wasn't trying to advance the argument that its rape to withhold that information, I was merely commenting that the idea that it couldn't possibly be rape because "they're the ones that put their dick inside of me" is kind of sexist. You're right that I haven't been raped, but not all instances of it are violent. The question is what extent is someone allowed to go to in order to get consent from a sexual partner?
dreaming of a sunny day
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 149 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1389
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 277
MaxPax 118
Rex 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64699
Calm 3787
Shuttle 3048
Bisu 1881
FanTaSy 1652
EffOrt 420
Stork 349
firebathero 309
Hyuk 284
Mini 275
[ Show more ]
Soma 264
Rush 243
Light 194
ZerO 164
Soulkey 146
Snow 146
Zeus 141
actioN 130
Last 130
Barracks 113
Killer 69
Dewaltoss 64
Mong 61
hero 56
Pusan 48
Shinee 41
Hyun 41
Free 35
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 33
NotJumperer 33
Shine 26
Sharp 26
PianO 24
Aegong 21
yabsab 17
sorry 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
HiyA 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5851
Dendi730
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
kRYSTAL_98
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko434
Other Games
gofns40451
singsing2135
B2W.Neo615
hiko369
crisheroes289
DeMusliM232
byalli195
Livibee161
Hui .136
Mew2King92
Liquid`VortiX68
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 36m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.