• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:26
CEST 05:26
KST 12:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9773 users

Gay Scout Resolution - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 25 Next All
Hamboigahz
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia55 Posts
June 07 2012 04:54 GMT
#121
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
June 07 2012 04:57 GMT
#122
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


You also have a "choice" to hold your breath. Try it. Maybe it will help you understand how homosexuals feel when they have to choose not to be themslves.

If only life were so black and white.

Also, since when did we start choosing our preferences, sexual or otherwise?
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 05:01:21
June 07 2012 04:57 GMT
#123
On June 07 2012 13:50 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:46 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:33 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.


Excuse me? Being homosexual is a choice? You ask the next homosexual person you see if they choose to be ridiculed by idiots and bigots like yourself. What a stupid and ignorant comment. Being an idiot is a choice, stop choosing it every time you think.



Hahaha I really offended you it seems! Idiots...bigots...such defensive words! I'm hurt...not!

First you question me that "being a homosexual is a choice", then you contradict yourself by saying "being an idiot is a choice". How about you go and ask somebody who's mentally challenged if being an "idiot" is a choice. I have conversed with plenty of homosexual people to understand the truth behind their actions which is why I came to my decision that it's a choice.


I don't have a report button, can someone give me a hand and tell me how do I report a user?

Secondly, did I ever once imply you were mentally challenged? I may have called you an idiot (rightfully so) but most definitely not mentally challenged, I'd not want to offend that minority by adding you to their ranks. Also, I highly doubt you've conversed with "plenty" of homosexual people, and I can come to that conclusion because you refer to the fact they enjoy the same sex as "truth behind actions" like it can changed.

So stop trying to justify ignorance, it's impractical.



http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=7&gs_id=r&xhr=t&q=idiot definition&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=idiot d&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=7ffac515254ada2f&biw=1280&bih=699

According to the definition "idiot" is a term that describes somebody that is mentally challenged. Also, you did call me an idiot, quite directly actually "

Being an idiot is a choice, stop choosing it every time you think.





Did you read the first definition? Usually, one comes before two, try the part in which it says "a stupid person". You can really tell a persons argument is so ridiculous that they have to derail it in such a horrifically painful manner. You have such faltered logic, I fear your parents raised you completely wrong.

This conversation is over, I will no longer derail this thread so I can talk to someone who deems sexuality is a choice...


The fact that you are trying to argue the order of which a definition was written is ridiculous lol and the fact that you bring my "parents" into this only shows that your argument is trash. I was just stating my opinion on this BOAS (as we all are), it was your choice to insult me while in the entirety of my statements, I never insulted you. If you don't feel that sexuality is a choice, please enlighten me as to why you believe so rather then directly insulting and assaulting me for my opinion.

I'm done with my side of the argument.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
June 07 2012 05:00 GMT
#124
On June 07 2012 11:42 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 11:38 Sofestafont wrote:
Also don't allow atheists I believe.


No homosexuals, atheists/ agnostics, and no girls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

BSA for the win.

EDIT: Any identity can be a Girl Scout- even boys.


The religion thing I can understand here due to the core values that are espoused by the scout oath and law. It's hard to be honest about "doing your duty to god" if you don't believe in any sort of higher entity.

The no gay members policy though is absurd, and even more so in light of the lack of legitimate reasoning.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
June 07 2012 05:03 GMT
#125
On June 07 2012 13:54 Hamboigahz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?


What about straight women who have given up dating men and chose to date women because of the way they were treated in their past relationships? Is that not a choice?
Josealtron
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States219 Posts
June 07 2012 05:05 GMT
#126
Don't derail this thread trying to argue with someone who actually believes sexuality is a choice. It's not worth it to argue with every idiot that's on the internet.

As for the topic at hand, it seems to me to be a no brainer that gays should be allowed in scouts. Hell, I know I wouldn't want my kids being part of an organization that still believes that being homosexual or an athiest is wrong-we need to encourage open-mindedness, not try to prevent it. Only through open minds can society move forward, so when I see that there's a huge organization designed with the intention of interacting with children, that receives(if indirectly) federal funding, and has incredibly backwards beliefs, that just makes me want to keep my kids away from it.

I think that as time goes on, though, they'll eventually get rid of the anti-gay policies, simply because the younger generation has much more open-minded views on homosexuals. I think what's keeping the policies in place now are the same kind of ultra-religious parents that oppose all things homosexual, especially considering that BSA is a religious group. I can't see these kinds of policies lasting for more than another decade or two.
"If you give up on yourself, you give up on the world."
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
June 07 2012 05:05 GMT
#127
On June 07 2012 13:57 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:50 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:46 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:33 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.


Excuse me? Being homosexual is a choice? You ask the next homosexual person you see if they choose to be ridiculed by idiots and bigots like yourself. What a stupid and ignorant comment. Being an idiot is a choice, stop choosing it every time you think.



Hahaha I really offended you it seems! Idiots...bigots...such defensive words! I'm hurt...not!

First you question me that "being a homosexual is a choice", then you contradict yourself by saying "being an idiot is a choice". How about you go and ask somebody who's mentally challenged if being an "idiot" is a choice. I have conversed with plenty of homosexual people to understand the truth behind their actions which is why I came to my decision that it's a choice.


I don't have a report button, can someone give me a hand and tell me how do I report a user?

Secondly, did I ever once imply you were mentally challenged? I may have called you an idiot (rightfully so) but most definitely not mentally challenged, I'd not want to offend that minority by adding you to their ranks. Also, I highly doubt you've conversed with "plenty" of homosexual people, and I can come to that conclusion because you refer to the fact they enjoy the same sex as "truth behind actions" like it can changed.

So stop trying to justify ignorance, it's impractical.



http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=7&gs_id=r&xhr=t&q=idiot definition&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=idiot d&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=7ffac515254ada2f&biw=1280&bih=699

According to the definition "idiot" is a term that describes somebody that is mentally challenged. Also, you did call me an idiot, quite directly actually "

Being an idiot is a choice, stop choosing it every time you think.





Did you read the first definition? Usually, one comes before two, try the part in which it says "a stupid person". You can really tell a persons argument is so ridiculous that they have to derail it in such a horrifically painful manner. You have such faltered logic, I fear your parents raised you completely wrong.

This conversation is over, I will no longer derail this thread so I can talk to someone who deems sexuality is a choice...


The fact that you are trying to argue the order of which a definition was written is ridiculous lol and the fact that you bring my "parents" into this only shows that your argument is trash. I was just stating my opinion on this BOAS (as we all are), it was your choice to insult me while in the entirety of my statements, I never insulted you. If you don't feel that sexuality is a choice, please enlighten me as to why you believe so rather then directly insulting and assaulting me for my opinion.

I'm done with my side of the argument.


Why does it matter whether it's a choice or not? If two adults want to have consensual sex they're not harming anyone else, so why is it your business?
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 07 2012 05:07 GMT
#128
On June 07 2012 14:03 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:54 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?


What about straight women who have given up dating men and chose to date women because of the way they were treated in their past relationships? Is that not a choice?

So can you provide me some evidence of this, I have never heard of this, much less seen prove of it. My last girlfriend cheated on me, does that mean i can choose to start dating, and being attracted to guys in the hopes they will be more loyal? I don't think it works that way, but feel free to try it yourself and tell me how it goes, preferably by pm's so as to stop derailing this thread.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
June 07 2012 05:07 GMT
#129
On June 07 2012 14:05 jalstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:57 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:50 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:46 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:33 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.


Excuse me? Being homosexual is a choice? You ask the next homosexual person you see if they choose to be ridiculed by idiots and bigots like yourself. What a stupid and ignorant comment. Being an idiot is a choice, stop choosing it every time you think.



Hahaha I really offended you it seems! Idiots...bigots...such defensive words! I'm hurt...not!

First you question me that "being a homosexual is a choice", then you contradict yourself by saying "being an idiot is a choice". How about you go and ask somebody who's mentally challenged if being an "idiot" is a choice. I have conversed with plenty of homosexual people to understand the truth behind their actions which is why I came to my decision that it's a choice.


I don't have a report button, can someone give me a hand and tell me how do I report a user?

Secondly, did I ever once imply you were mentally challenged? I may have called you an idiot (rightfully so) but most definitely not mentally challenged, I'd not want to offend that minority by adding you to their ranks. Also, I highly doubt you've conversed with "plenty" of homosexual people, and I can come to that conclusion because you refer to the fact they enjoy the same sex as "truth behind actions" like it can changed.

So stop trying to justify ignorance, it's impractical.



http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=7&gs_id=r&xhr=t&q=idiot definition&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=idiot d&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=7ffac515254ada2f&biw=1280&bih=699

According to the definition "idiot" is a term that describes somebody that is mentally challenged. Also, you did call me an idiot, quite directly actually "

Being an idiot is a choice, stop choosing it every time you think.





Did you read the first definition? Usually, one comes before two, try the part in which it says "a stupid person". You can really tell a persons argument is so ridiculous that they have to derail it in such a horrifically painful manner. You have such faltered logic, I fear your parents raised you completely wrong.

This conversation is over, I will no longer derail this thread so I can talk to someone who deems sexuality is a choice...


The fact that you are trying to argue the order of which a definition was written is ridiculous lol and the fact that you bring my "parents" into this only shows that your argument is trash. I was just stating my opinion on this BOAS (as we all are), it was your choice to insult me while in the entirety of my statements, I never insulted you. If you don't feel that sexuality is a choice, please enlighten me as to why you believe so rather then directly insulting and assaulting me for my opinion.

I'm done with my side of the argument.


Why does it matter whether it's a choice or not? If two adults want to have consensual sex they're not harming anyone else, so why is it your business?


Dude, I never said it was my business. In my opinion they're free to do whatever they please as they should be treated equally.
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
June 07 2012 05:08 GMT
#130
On June 07 2012 14:00 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 11:42 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:38 Sofestafont wrote:
Also don't allow atheists I believe.


No homosexuals, atheists/ agnostics, and no girls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

BSA for the win.

EDIT: Any identity can be a Girl Scout- even boys.


The religion thing I can understand here due to the core values that are espoused by the scout oath and law. It's hard to be honest about "doing your duty to god" if you don't believe in any sort of higher entity.

The no gay members policy though is absurd, and even more so in light of the lack of legitimate reasoning.


If you hold the religion thing, you kinda have to hold the homosexuality thing too. Now I don't know what brand of Christianity the BSA hold. Quick googling appears to point towards Catholicism - which holds rather strong views on homosexuality.

So yeah, keep your kids out of BSA - bottom line.
ailouros
Profile Joined August 2008
United States193 Posts
June 07 2012 05:09 GMT
#131
I'm an eagle scout, and fine with it because someone who's openly gay is far less likely to touch any children. And if anyone planned on touching little boys they probably wouldn't say anything about being gay and could join regardless.
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
June 07 2012 05:11 GMT
#132
I hope they change their policies and grow up. The scouts is a really good organization, and they do good for the community and youth. But they really shouldn't be discriminating while doing good.

Sad sad days.
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 07 2012 05:11 GMT
#133
On June 07 2012 14:08 plogamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 14:00 L_Master wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:42 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:38 Sofestafont wrote:
Also don't allow atheists I believe.


No homosexuals, atheists/ agnostics, and no girls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

BSA for the win.

EDIT: Any identity can be a Girl Scout- even boys.


The religion thing I can understand here due to the core values that are espoused by the scout oath and law. It's hard to be honest about "doing your duty to god" if you don't believe in any sort of higher entity.

The no gay members policy though is absurd, and even more so in light of the lack of legitimate reasoning.


If you hold the religion thing, you kinda have to hold the homosexuality thing too. Now I don't know what brand of Christianity the BSA hold. Quick googling appears to point towards Catholicism - which holds rather strong views on homosexuality.

So yeah, keep your kids out of BSA - bottom line.


Not all boy scout troops, or even groups are that way, the troop and council i was in got creative with paper work and the like to allow atheists, and had a don't ask don't tell, as opposed to a strait up ban. Not all boy scouts are are close minded bigots.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
NotAPro
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada146 Posts
June 07 2012 05:14 GMT
#134
On June 07 2012 14:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 14:08 plogamer wrote:
On June 07 2012 14:00 L_Master wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:42 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:38 Sofestafont wrote:
Also don't allow atheists I believe.


No homosexuals, atheists/ agnostics, and no girls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

BSA for the win.

EDIT: Any identity can be a Girl Scout- even boys.


The religion thing I can understand here due to the core values that are espoused by the scout oath and law. It's hard to be honest about "doing your duty to god" if you don't believe in any sort of higher entity.

The no gay members policy though is absurd, and even more so in light of the lack of legitimate reasoning.


If you hold the religion thing, you kinda have to hold the homosexuality thing too. Now I don't know what brand of Christianity the BSA hold. Quick googling appears to point towards Catholicism - which holds rather strong views on homosexuality.

So yeah, keep your kids out of BSA - bottom line.


Not all boy scout troops, or even groups are that way, the troop and council i was in got creative with paper work and the like to allow atheists, and had a don't ask don't tell, as opposed to a strait up ban. Not all boy scouts are are close minded bigots.

They're not all all bigots but the organization certainly endorses bigotry.
Hamboigahz
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia55 Posts
June 07 2012 05:15 GMT
#135
On June 07 2012 14:03 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 13:54 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?


What about straight women who have given up dating men and chose to date women because of the way they were treated in their past relationships? Is that not a choice?


I assume that you're trolling?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 05:21:23
June 07 2012 05:18 GMT
#136
What's with the 25% of "No" in TL? You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

On June 07 2012 14:15 Hamboigahz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 14:03 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:54 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?


What about straight women who have given up dating men and chose to date women because of the way they were treated in their past relationships? Is that not a choice?


I assume that you're trolling?

I assume he's just not very smart or watches too much Fox News. It's funny to me when I hear people say that homosexuality is a choice - maybe they can toggle that shit in their head and suddenly they like the cock. "See, it's a choice!"
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
June 07 2012 05:20 GMT
#137
On June 07 2012 14:08 plogamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 14:00 L_Master wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:42 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:38 Sofestafont wrote:
Also don't allow atheists I believe.


No homosexuals, atheists/ agnostics, and no girls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

BSA for the win.

EDIT: Any identity can be a Girl Scout- even boys.


The religion thing I can understand here due to the core values that are espoused by the scout oath and law. It's hard to be honest about "doing your duty to god" if you don't believe in any sort of higher entity.

The no gay members policy though is absurd, and even more so in light of the lack of legitimate reasoning.


If you hold the religion thing, you kinda have to hold the homosexuality thing too. Now I don't know what brand of Christianity the BSA hold. Quick googling appears to point towards Catholicism - which holds rather strong views on homosexuality.

So yeah, keep your kids out of BSA - bottom line.


None. I don't think they hold to Christianity either, which is why the gay issue isn't necessarily vetoed via religious convictions.

Basically the reason the "some religious belief required" is because of the Scout Oath of which one of it's major tenants is "to do my duty to God and my country".
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
jpank
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States23 Posts
June 07 2012 05:29 GMT
#138
As an eagle scout and a person who was active in scouts for nearly ten years I firmly support the acceptance of all male canidates into scouts regardless of sexual identity.

The old guard of scouting who runs BSA are the one who are so vehement to the policy but the actual members themselves, the actual boys, couldn't care less. This policy will definitly change in the next 30 years as, pardon me for being so candid, the older generation die off and more liberal leaders fill their spots.


The world has a lot of growing up to do and it'll happen pretty soon
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
June 07 2012 05:29 GMT
#139
On June 07 2012 14:18 Djzapz wrote:
What's with the 25% of "No" in TL? You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 14:15 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 14:03 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:54 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 11:43 Damrak wrote:
reminds me of the good ol times when blacks were only allowed to sit in the back of the bus.


What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?


What about straight women who have given up dating men and chose to date women because of the way they were treated in their past relationships? Is that not a choice?


I assume that you're trolling?

I assume he's just not very smart or watches too much Fox News. It's funny to me when I hear people say that homosexuality is a choice - maybe they can toggle that shit in their head and suddenly they like the cock. "See, it's a choice!"


Let me be a little more clear. It "CAN" be a choice. Some people are born that way while others choose to do it.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
June 07 2012 05:32 GMT
#140
On June 07 2012 14:29 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 14:18 Djzapz wrote:
What's with the 25% of "No" in TL? You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

On June 07 2012 14:15 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 14:03 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:54 Hamboigahz wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:50 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:42 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:11 Jaaaaasper wrote:
On June 07 2012 13:08 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]

What a stupid and ignorant comparison. Being homosexual is a choice, being born a specific color isn't.

Bull crap, being homosexual is not a choice any more than being black is, ie not at all. I appreciate that you are defending scouting, but please try to do it in a manner that makes scouting and its supporters look better, not worse.


Homosexuality is internal while race is external. You can hide homosexuality, but you can't hide what race you are. On your license it doesn't state if your homosexual or not but it does state your race. So, how are you even trying to make an argument about this? lol

If BSOA is held on religious beliefs then I believe that that the organization should respect continue to respect it's morals.


I agree completely, you can hide your sexuality, but that does not mean you are choosing it. You just made my case stronger, thanks.


It's a "choice" to have sex with the opposite gender. A thought is much different from an action and choice of sexual preference starts from a thought and leads to an actions thus making it a choice to begin with.


ffs, having sex with someone is a choice, regardless of their sexuality.

Having attraction to somebody (whether it be physical or emotional) is not a choice.

Have you ever chosen to be attracted to a man?


What about straight women who have given up dating men and chose to date women because of the way they were treated in their past relationships? Is that not a choice?


I assume that you're trolling?

I assume he's just not very smart or watches too much Fox News. It's funny to me when I hear people say that homosexuality is a choice - maybe they can toggle that shit in their head and suddenly they like the cock. "See, it's a choice!"


Let me be a little more clear. It "CAN" be a choice. Some people are born that way while others choose to do it.


If you are choosing then that would make you bisexual not gay.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1943
GuemChi 1433
NotJumperer 169
910 72
Bale 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
febbydoto13
Counter-Strike
taco 458
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King29
Other Games
summit1g7656
Doublelift1412
JimRising 612
C9.Mang0376
PiGStarcraft291
WinterStarcraft244
Maynarde119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo698
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 34m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.