• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7101 users

Autistic Child Bullied By Teachers - Please Read. - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Reborn8u
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1761 Posts
April 26 2012 03:12 GMT
#61
I can't believe people are actually sticking up for this. All of them should loose there jobs, any adult who was there and didn't blow the whistle is at fault. Treating an innocent child like that is just evil.

I'd bet some of you would feel differently if it was your child being treated like this.
:)
JBWKZ
Profile Joined May 2010
Vietnam8 Posts
April 26 2012 03:23 GMT
#62
that's awful. people can be so cruel sometimes...
My life for Aiur!~
FlyingToilet
Profile Joined August 2011
United States840 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 03:29:59
April 26 2012 03:26 GMT
#63
On April 26 2012 12:12 Reborn8u wrote:
I can't believe people are actually sticking up for this. All of them should loose there jobs, any adult who was there and didn't blow the whistle is at fault. Treating an innocent child like that is just evil.

I'd bet some of you would feel differently if it was your child being treated like this.

Yeah i don't really understand why someone would, completely inhumane and just ignorant... not the people sticking up for the teachers i mean in all honesty no one should care what they have to say, but bringing a phone app with scary noises and asking the kid if hes possessed is just radical nonsense, there's a reason why religion isn't really allowed in school because of people making poor decisions and useless arguments breaking out. But teasing an autistic child with a phone app saying "are you possessed" is pretty sick, the staff that did that was probably abused or neglected as a child or something because i don't see how this is even funny. -_-
http://justin.tv/flyingtoilet
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
April 26 2012 03:40 GMT
#64
It's hard to find teachers/aids who thrive in a self-contained classroom like that, for the pay/benefits/etc that they get. Generally (times might be a bit different right now) there isn't a backlog of qualified people waiting to take the jobs of the adults in that classroom. This makes it difficult to prevent these types of situations.

On April 26 2012 11:22 zakmaa wrote:
This is actually ridiculous. The fact that a teacher would do this is not so surprising to me, teachers are put under tremendous stress and are after all, people. And they make mistakes, even if they are consistent. That however does not excuse the action, I signed the petition because I think that she should be fired. She obviously isn't cut out to work with children, especially mentally disabled ones. I feel bad for her class.
What does surprise me, however, is how the union and/or principle and/or board of education reacted to the wire. They could easily listen to voices in real life and determine whether or not it is her. Alternatively, they themselves could wire the room for a day and listen in, if they don't believe it (assuming that's why she's not fired). But the fact that they are so reluctant to talk to Akian's parents or to do anything about this is truly what's surprising to me.

I hope something's done about this.

There are a lot of legal barriers to doing things like wiretapping a classroom... it's not really an option for the district. If they wanted to, they could regularly monitor the classroom in person, and do many other things, but it would require more work from the administration.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 26 2012 03:43 GMT
#65
Young teachers etc are generally careless and unprofessional.. ive seen a few even talk about a one night stand the night before in earshot of a class full of young children (~7-9yrs old?)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Xevious
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2086 Posts
April 26 2012 04:06 GMT
#66
Oh wow, this being on the philip defranco show will get this a lot more publicity.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
April 26 2012 04:10 GMT
#67
This is completely out of line. There should be no leniency for these aids and teachers. They should under no means be able to move to a different district. I cannot believe what I heard on this video. This is just straight appalling. I cannot understand how this could even occur really but the fact that it happens at a special ed class is sick.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
TheRealFluid
Profile Joined June 2011
United States501 Posts
April 26 2012 04:12 GMT
#68
Wtf? I've worked with a lot of developmentally disabled children and they tend to throw fits over simple things. But when you're just simply insulting them and not giving a care in the world, I don't know what to say.
"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king.||"What do you say to god of gg? NOT TODAY" -John the Translator. "Give me Command" -Yellow.
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
April 26 2012 04:12 GMT
#69
Disgusting people, fuck them. Hope they get what they deserve. Hope they get it hard.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
April 26 2012 04:29 GMT
#70
On April 26 2012 10:45 foxSC wrote:
its life, its what happens in nature, strong taking advantage of the weak. just it happens alot more nowadays because there are alot more weak people living now as compared to even 50 or 100 years ago. need to remove the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself. if you have an autistic kid, you should try again imo. survival of the fittest.


I wonder how many people were disappointed trying to report you.
I think esports is pretty nice.
anycolourfloyd
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia524 Posts
April 26 2012 04:29 GMT
#71
one of the more moving videos i've seen.. at least the child is lucky to have an obviously loving and reasonable father.
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
April 26 2012 04:38 GMT
#72
On April 26 2012 10:45 foxSC wrote:
its life, its what happens in nature, strong taking advantage of the weak. just it happens alot more nowadays because there are alot more weak people living now as compared to even 50 or 100 years ago. need to remove the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself. if you have an autistic kid, you should try again imo. survival of the fittest.

Are you serious dude? You think a parent is going to say "Oh poop we had an autistic kid i guess we should just let him get bullied around while we try to have another kid"
That being said, this "teacher" should be fired right away. Kids with special needs should have a teacher who is even more gentle and understanding than your average person. I also think that the public apology that the father demands would be appropriate.
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 26 2012 04:43 GMT
#73
wow this just shows you how trashy people can be.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
Leporello
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 04:46:51
April 26 2012 04:45 GMT
#74
Signed the petition. My mom was a special ed teacher. It is hard, demanding (and sometimes physical) work. Some parents can look for controversy and give teachers a hard time. I watched and listened with skepticism, but this father is 100% correct in his outrage. I hope he gets what he's looking for.

Off-topic: Only 4 pages, and I see the typical wanna-be mods who take time out of their busy day to parse and critique the OP's format like it really ******* matters. And then there's the social darwinist and modern philosopher telling us all exactly what's wrong with humanity (troll?). Really impressive work there, fellas. Way to go.
Big water
Guilty
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada812 Posts
April 26 2012 04:50 GMT
#75
Watched the whole video and responses, and I must say the father is absolutely restrained, and I can only hope that I would be equal to the task if the situation came to me. Props.
"How hard could it be?" -J. Clarkson
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
April 26 2012 04:57 GMT
#76
On April 26 2012 11:18 BlackJack wrote:
Not sure why this has gone viral. Yeah, she was inappropriate, rude, and not a very good teacher. On the other hand, someone was fired over it, the rest of the teachers seemed to receive some disciplinary action, and the behavior she displayed probably wouldn't even make the top 100 of terrible teachers for the year. Being a special needs teacher is also probably one of the hardest jobs in the world.


... This has nothing to do with the job being hard. There are tons of jobs which are more stressful than being a special ed teacher. This is a case of a teacher who obviously has no regard for the well being of her students. Shit like this happens all the time. Irresponsible people get jobs they should never be trusted with. Glad that the teacher lost her job as she deserved, however the others need to go as well. If I was a parent I wouldn't want a single one of those "educators" in my child's school.
MadProbe
Profile Joined February 2012
United States269 Posts
April 26 2012 04:57 GMT
#77
fault lies with the people who hired those teachers
jliu
Profile Joined March 2011
282 Posts
April 26 2012 04:58 GMT
#78
On April 26 2012 11:21 screamingpalm wrote:

It was your "Inability is borne of weakness" that set me off I think. It is amazing to me how ignorant American society is sometimes. Some blame can probably be put on Christian conservatism, seeing the disabled as "cursed" or some such nonsense. The fascist condemnation of genetic imperfections and diabilities of this country set me off into a rage.

Now take into consideration that I have multiple sleeping disorders, which drain my energy and keep me from being productive in society. Unlike my mother, it is not a "physical" disability which I might be able to have some kind of control over and can put an effort to fight against.


I just wanted to insert that the lack of care for the marginalized probably is related to something other than American culture or even Christianity. If anything Christianity speaks against what popular culture would believe. If you check out John 9 in the bible, you'll see that disabled are not outcasts to God but are beloved and included in His purposes.

Inability is weakness, certainly, but when did our identities and personhood become reduced to what we can do, what we have, race, socioeconomic status, etc...? I think that's the real question. I deal with significant depression and anxiety and I can say that finding the answer to that question either frees you or condemns you. It's worth asking.

@ OP: Sad to hear, and I can hardly imagine hearing that kind of treatment toward your own flesh and blood. I'm sure having a child with autism is quite a journey for the parents and the child, a lot of which I can't fully understand just by watching the video. I worked with students with learning disabilities when I was in high school and it was easy to see that it was frustrating for the students and the teacher... it definitely takes a lot of patience.
WhuazGoodJaggah
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Lesotho777 Posts
April 26 2012 04:58 GMT
#79
On April 26 2012 12:43 Cyro wrote:
Young teachers etc are generally careless and unprofessional.. ive seen a few even talk about a one night stand the night before in earshot of a class full of young children (~7-9yrs old?)


omg, they hear that people are having sex? they don't tell them that the bee was flying to the flower yesterday night? omg omg omg, thats like sooo horrible.
small dicks have great firepower
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 06:09:47
April 26 2012 05:09 GMT
#80
On April 26 2012 13:58 jliu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 11:21 screamingpalm wrote:

It was your "Inability is borne of weakness" that set me off I think. It is amazing to me how ignorant American society is sometimes. Some blame can probably be put on Christian conservatism, seeing the disabled as "cursed" or some such nonsense. The fascist condemnation of genetic imperfections and diabilities of this country set me off into a rage.

Now take into consideration that I have multiple sleeping disorders, which drain my energy and keep me from being productive in society. Unlike my mother, it is not a "physical" disability which I might be able to have some kind of control over and can put an effort to fight against.


I just wanted to insert that the lack of care for the marginalized probably is related to something other than American culture or even Christianity. If anything Christianity speaks against what popular culture would believe. If you check out John 9 in the bible, you'll see that disabled are not outcasts to God but are beloved and included in His purposes.




Agreed. I think it has more to do with the conservative perversion of Christianity that causes this. Not spirituality in itself.


Inability is weakness, certainly, but when did our identities and personhood become reduced to what we can do, what we have, race, socioeconomic status, etc...? I think that's the real question. I deal with significant depression and anxiety and I can say that finding the answer to that question either frees you or condemns you. It's worth asking.



The statement was "Inability is borne of weakness" which I totally disagree with from my experiences. Our productivity defining who we are is a very conservative mantra, one I constantly rail against. "Finding your answer" will never free you in American society, one that condemns such imperfections. Depression is a side effect of my sleep apnea and hypersomnia, both of which are seen as 'lazy', 'subhuman' and a 'drain on the system'. And I can't even afford to see a doctor to try to improve that lot in life- not to mention that it is dismissed as 'liberal medicene' by many.
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1916
910 56
Bale 29
sorry 25
ZergMaN 17
Aegong 14
Noble 10
Icarus 9
yabsab 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
Fuzer 38
League of Legends
JimRising 597
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox635
C9.Mang0166
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1240
Other Games
summit1g7108
PiGStarcraft273
ArmadaUGS136
Maynarde131
Sick126
Livibee78
ViBE52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick586
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2244
League of Legends
• Lourlo1357
• Rush1206
• Stunt458
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 57m
OSC
6h 57m
Stellar Fest
6h 57m
OSC
17h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.