• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:47
CEST 22:47
KST 05:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8686 users

If you're seeing this topic then another mass shooting hap…

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 755 756 757 758 759 891 Next
Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-06 22:06:48
August 06 2018 21:55 GMT
#15121
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 06 2018 22:14 GMT
#15122
Superstartran, what’s your big problem with stand your ground laws? I get the idea to teach people how to de-escalate situations and people that have false perceptions of their own physical safety. Just, do you imagine people in great threat of physical harm being legally compelled to flee before turning and pulling some action movie draw-twist-and-fire once they run out of ground or are about to be overtaken? I really think that’s too much of a perversion of self defense to say you still have that right in compelled to flee states.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
August 06 2018 22:19 GMT
#15123
On August 07 2018 07:14 Danglars wrote:
Superstartran, what’s your big problem with stand your ground laws? I get the idea to teach people how to de-escalate situations and people that have false perceptions of their own physical safety. Just, do you imagine people in great threat of physical harm being legally compelled to flee before turning and pulling some action movie draw-twist-and-fire once they run out of ground or are about to be overtaken? I really think that’s too much of a perversion of self defense to say you still have that right in compelled to flee states.




I think that the way it's written in some states is really the bigger problem. In Florida for example, it gives WAY too much leeway on the defender. All you have to do is really just demonstrate you fear for your life, whether it's a reasonable or unreasonable fear, and in most cases you either get away free, or get significant time reduced.


I think as long as people followed NRA instructor guidelines on how to handle yourself in sticky situations, you wouldn't be held legally liable under a rewritten law. There will still be some grey area, but a rewritten law at least prevents trigger happy idiots (of which there are quite a few) from dispensing vigilante justice.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 06 2018 22:51 GMT
#15124
The Florida law is extremely bad. There is a case right now where the “defender” clearly instigated the conflict, got pushed to the ground and shot the attacked. And the police don’t know if they could successfully charge the the “defender”. Trigger happy morons exist and that is why a lot of states have a requirement to flee, rather than use force.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
August 06 2018 22:53 GMT
#15125
How many of the 300M are people that come in contact with the police because of a situation being called in/reported?
It's impossible to say, really, but using your entire nation's population as sample size is bs.
Many more people drive than come into escalated situations with the police.
Taxes are for Terrans
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
August 06 2018 23:10 GMT
#15126
On August 07 2018 06:55 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.

I think the disagreement here is over your definition of "regularly"

Yes, tornadoes and bicycles and cockroaches and whatever else you wanna come up with probably kill as many people in a year as police shootings. the total deaths by police shooting in a year taken as a percentage of the population is not a high number. We get it.

What everyone continues to throw back at you is the idea that this is an event that happens far more often here than it does in other developed nations. Furthermore this isn't a case of someone stepping on a rake or falling off a bicycle or whatever, these are horrifying instances of law enforcement killing people.

Your comparisons to other statistical events are entirely out of context.
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 06 2018 23:35 GMT
#15127
On August 07 2018 07:19 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 07:14 Danglars wrote:
Superstartran, what’s your big problem with stand your ground laws? I get the idea to teach people how to de-escalate situations and people that have false perceptions of their own physical safety. Just, do you imagine people in great threat of physical harm being legally compelled to flee before turning and pulling some action movie draw-twist-and-fire once they run out of ground or are about to be overtaken? I really think that’s too much of a perversion of self defense to say you still have that right in compelled to flee states.




I think that the way it's written in some states is really the bigger problem. In Florida for example, it gives WAY too much leeway on the defender. All you have to do is really just demonstrate you fear for your life, whether it's a reasonable or unreasonable fear, and in most cases you either get away free, or get significant time reduced.


I think as long as people followed NRA instructor guidelines on how to handle yourself in sticky situations, you wouldn't be held legally liable under a rewritten law. There will still be some grey area, but a rewritten law at least prevents trigger happy idiots (of which there are quite a few) from dispensing vigilante justice.

Ok. I can understand questions about how it’s written with respects to credible fear for your life.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-07 00:24:11
August 07 2018 00:19 GMT
#15128
On August 07 2018 08:10 Aveng3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 06:55 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.

I think the disagreement here is over your definition of "regularly"

Yes, tornadoes and bicycles and cockroaches and whatever else you wanna come up with probably kill as many people in a year as police shootings. the total deaths by police shooting in a year taken as a percentage of the population is not a high number. We get it.

What everyone continues to throw back at you is the idea that this is an event that happens far more often here than it does in other developed nations. Furthermore this isn't a case of someone stepping on a rake or falling off a bicycle or whatever, these are horrifying instances of law enforcement killing people.

Your comparisons to other statistical events are entirely out of context.




They are not out of context at all, Simberto was the one who started the whole train of throwing random statistics out of the blue that have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.



Regularity implies that it happens frequently. Police shootings do not happen frequently. Just because country A. has more incidents than country B., does not mean that country A. has something that occurs frequently, it just occurs more often.



The original statement was that police officers shoot unarmed civilians with regularity in the United States of America. That is the furthest thing from the truth, and all statistics bear out that fact. This has nothing to do with 'other countries.' It's statistically false to say that police shootings happen regularly in the United States, especially against unarmed people.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
August 07 2018 00:31 GMT
#15129
Frequently isn’t an objective measure. The fact that one happened close enough for me to hear it is far more frequent than I’d like, coming from England.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
August 07 2018 00:37 GMT
#15130
On August 07 2018 09:31 KwarK wrote:
Frequently isn’t an objective measure. The fact that one happened close enough for me to hear it is far more frequent than I’d like, coming from England.





1000 shootings in a year doesn't even come remotely close to qualifying as 'frequently'. If you call that frequently I am free to call the U.K. a hell hole where people knife each other left and right.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 07 2018 01:10 GMT
#15131
The government is killing 1000 citizens at year and their killers rare see the inside of a court room. But it isn’t worth discussing because the number is small.

Man, if we applied the same standards to the chances of the government taking people’s guns, the NRA sounds pretty stupid.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
August 07 2018 01:12 GMT
#15132
On August 07 2018 09:37 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 09:31 KwarK wrote:
Frequently isn’t an objective measure. The fact that one happened close enough for me to hear it is far more frequent than I’d like, coming from England.





1000 shootings in a year doesn't even come remotely close to qualifying as 'frequently'. If you call that frequently I am free to call the U.K. a hell hole where people knife each other left and right.

Never heard anyone get stabbed in the UK. Just saying.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-07 01:30:27
August 07 2018 01:28 GMT
#15133
On August 07 2018 09:19 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 08:10 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:55 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.

I think the disagreement here is over your definition of "regularly"

Yes, tornadoes and bicycles and cockroaches and whatever else you wanna come up with probably kill as many people in a year as police shootings. the total deaths by police shooting in a year taken as a percentage of the population is not a high number. We get it.

What everyone continues to throw back at you is the idea that this is an event that happens far more often here than it does in other developed nations. Furthermore this isn't a case of someone stepping on a rake or falling off a bicycle or whatever, these are horrifying instances of law enforcement killing people.

Your comparisons to other statistical events are entirely out of context.




They are not out of context at all, Simberto was the one who started the whole train of throwing random statistics out of the blue that have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.



Regularity implies that it happens frequently. Police shootings do not happen frequently. Just because country A. has more incidents than country B., does not mean that country A. has something that occurs frequently, it just occurs more often.



The original statement was that police officers shoot unarmed civilians with regularity in the United States of America. That is the furthest thing from the truth, and all statistics bear out that fact. This has nothing to do with 'other countries.' It's statistically false to say that police shootings happen regularly in the United States, especially against unarmed people.


You keep saying "all statistics bear this out" then that is simply not true. You can't even define what is regular to say that this isn't regular.

I consider roughly 3 deaths a day "regular". And yes your stats are out of context because this is the institution that should be protecting our life actually taking it in quadruple digits yearly, as opposed to accidents or acts of nature.

You just conveniently ignore the fact that EVERY peer nation has little to no problem with this issue. This contextualizes the fact that this occurs way too often and the fact that we have repeatedly pointed this out and you still ignore it shows your lack of integrity in this discussion.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
August 07 2018 01:53 GMT
#15134
On August 07 2018 09:37 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 09:31 KwarK wrote:
Frequently isn’t an objective measure. The fact that one happened close enough for me to hear it is far more frequent than I’d like, coming from England.





1000 shootings in a year doesn't even come remotely close to qualifying as 'frequently'. If you call that frequently I am free to call the U.K. a hell hole where people knife each other left and right.

Your points regarding your definition of "frequently" are well taken, friend
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-07 05:01:26
August 07 2018 04:43 GMT
#15135
On August 07 2018 10:28 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 09:19 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 08:10 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:55 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.

I think the disagreement here is over your definition of "regularly"

Yes, tornadoes and bicycles and cockroaches and whatever else you wanna come up with probably kill as many people in a year as police shootings. the total deaths by police shooting in a year taken as a percentage of the population is not a high number. We get it.

What everyone continues to throw back at you is the idea that this is an event that happens far more often here than it does in other developed nations. Furthermore this isn't a case of someone stepping on a rake or falling off a bicycle or whatever, these are horrifying instances of law enforcement killing people.

Your comparisons to other statistical events are entirely out of context.




They are not out of context at all, Simberto was the one who started the whole train of throwing random statistics out of the blue that have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.



Regularity implies that it happens frequently. Police shootings do not happen frequently. Just because country A. has more incidents than country B., does not mean that country A. has something that occurs frequently, it just occurs more often.



The original statement was that police officers shoot unarmed civilians with regularity in the United States of America. That is the furthest thing from the truth, and all statistics bear out that fact. This has nothing to do with 'other countries.' It's statistically false to say that police shootings happen regularly in the United States, especially against unarmed people.


You keep saying "all statistics bear this out" then that is simply not true. You can't even define what is regular to say that this isn't regular.

I consider roughly 3 deaths a day "regular". And yes your stats are out of context because this is the institution that should be protecting our life actually taking it in quadruple digits yearly, as opposed to accidents or acts of nature.

You just conveniently ignore the fact that EVERY peer nation has little to no problem with this issue. This contextualizes the fact that this occurs way too often and the fact that we have repeatedly pointed this out and you still ignore it shows your lack of integrity in this discussion.




Every other peer nation also has dramatically different circumstances regarding their geography, socioeconomic make up, culture, and various other factors. Trying to just cross compare and just say "HEY LOOK WHY DOES IT WORK OVER HERE" is pretty dishonest in itself, but you seem very keen on doing that.


'Out of context'


You're more likely to die from a bike accident then be shot and killed by a police officer. Unless your definition of regular also includes significant chances of getting hit by a force of nature and dying from it, I'd say that qualifies as 'not regular.' Like I said, some years there are more bike accident deaths then legally justified police homicide, I don't see people starting an entire bike safety movement.


I'm not saying I don't recognize the problem; never stated that. I'm stating that the problem isn't quite as large as made out to be. It's not like it's an epidemic where police officers literally walk out into the street and just gun down whoever they want.



On August 07 2018 10:12 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 09:37 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 09:31 KwarK wrote:
Frequently isn’t an objective measure. The fact that one happened close enough for me to hear it is far more frequent than I’d like, coming from England.





1000 shootings in a year doesn't even come remotely close to qualifying as 'frequently'. If you call that frequently I am free to call the U.K. a hell hole where people knife each other left and right.

Never heard anyone get stabbed in the UK. Just saying.




I guess you must not read news regarding the UK very much. That was all the UK media was talking about for months.



On August 07 2018 10:10 Plansix wrote:
The government is killing 1000 citizens at year and their killers rare see the inside of a court room. But it isn’t worth discussing because the number is small.

Man, if we applied the same standards to the chances of the government taking people’s guns, the NRA sounds pretty stupid.




And the vast majority of those are legally justified homicides along with the fact that the overwhelming majority were armed and confronting police officers. But that would require you to actually read the sources and go through the database before spewing a completely uninformed opinion.


Mind you, unarmed doesn't necessarily mean 'not dangerous' either.
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
August 07 2018 06:29 GMT
#15136
You guys have ~700 bike deaths a year and no one's started a bike safety movement yet? I think you need to start arming cyclists.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-07 08:20:40
August 07 2018 07:42 GMT
#15137
On August 07 2018 13:43 superstartran wrote:


I guess you must not read news regarding the UK very much. That was all the UK media was talking about for months.




This again?
No, it wasn't all the UK media was talking about for months. There was probably 3 days where it was news, and on subsequent days knifings were reported as being related to a general theme or tendency.

To put it into perspective, we have had more headlines about the Sun being hot in the Summer.
There was a single fire in a rural area just outside Manchester (zero injuries or fatalities) that got more headlines than the 'knife epidemic'.
RIP Meatloaf <3
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
August 07 2018 08:53 GMT
#15138
I like how cycling is used as a parallel for something which kills a lot of people but doesn't get any attention.

Being from the Netherlands seeing US cycling infrastructure (or the lack of it) makes me weep. People should be starting a safety movement for that. So I don't think it's a very valid point. The US has 3 times as many traffic deaths than the Netherlands per person. In 2015 in the US 800 cyclists were killed in traffic accidents, in the Netherlands this was 180 people, a country where a person on average cycles 900 km (around 600 miles) per year.

You should be starting a safety movement for your cyclists.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
August 07 2018 10:48 GMT
#15139
On August 07 2018 13:43 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 10:28 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 09:19 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 08:10 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:55 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.

I think the disagreement here is over your definition of "regularly"

Yes, tornadoes and bicycles and cockroaches and whatever else you wanna come up with probably kill as many people in a year as police shootings. the total deaths by police shooting in a year taken as a percentage of the population is not a high number. We get it.

What everyone continues to throw back at you is the idea that this is an event that happens far more often here than it does in other developed nations. Furthermore this isn't a case of someone stepping on a rake or falling off a bicycle or whatever, these are horrifying instances of law enforcement killing people.

Your comparisons to other statistical events are entirely out of context.




They are not out of context at all, Simberto was the one who started the whole train of throwing random statistics out of the blue that have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.



Regularity implies that it happens frequently. Police shootings do not happen frequently. Just because country A. has more incidents than country B., does not mean that country A. has something that occurs frequently, it just occurs more often.



The original statement was that police officers shoot unarmed civilians with regularity in the United States of America. That is the furthest thing from the truth, and all statistics bear out that fact. This has nothing to do with 'other countries.' It's statistically false to say that police shootings happen regularly in the United States, especially against unarmed people.


You keep saying "all statistics bear this out" then that is simply not true. You can't even define what is regular to say that this isn't regular.

I consider roughly 3 deaths a day "regular". And yes your stats are out of context because this is the institution that should be protecting our life actually taking it in quadruple digits yearly, as opposed to accidents or acts of nature.

You just conveniently ignore the fact that EVERY peer nation has little to no problem with this issue. This contextualizes the fact that this occurs way too often and the fact that we have repeatedly pointed this out and you still ignore it shows your lack of integrity in this discussion.




Every other peer nation also has dramatically different circumstances regarding their geography, socioeconomic make up, culture, and various other factors. Trying to just cross compare and just say "HEY LOOK WHY DOES IT WORK OVER HERE" is pretty dishonest in itself, but you seem very keen on doing that.


'Out of context'


You're more likely to die from a bike accident then be shot and killed by a police officer. Unless your definition of regular also includes significant chances of getting hit by a force of nature and dying from it, I'd say that qualifies as 'not regular.' Like I said, some years there are more bike accident deaths then legally justified police homicide, I don't see people starting an entire bike safety movement.


I'm not saying I don't recognize the problem; never stated that. I'm stating that the problem isn't quite as large as made out to be. It's not like it's an epidemic where police officers literally walk out into the street and just gun down whoever they want.



Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 10:12 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2018 09:37 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 09:31 KwarK wrote:
Frequently isn’t an objective measure. The fact that one happened close enough for me to hear it is far more frequent than I’d like, coming from England.





1000 shootings in a year doesn't even come remotely close to qualifying as 'frequently'. If you call that frequently I am free to call the U.K. a hell hole where people knife each other left and right.

Never heard anyone get stabbed in the UK. Just saying.




I guess you must not read news regarding the UK very much. That was all the UK media was talking about for months.



Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 10:10 Plansix wrote:
The government is killing 1000 citizens at year and their killers rare see the inside of a court room. But it isn’t worth discussing because the number is small.

Man, if we applied the same standards to the chances of the government taking people’s guns, the NRA sounds pretty stupid.




And the vast majority of those are legally justified homicides along with the fact that the overwhelming majority were armed and confronting police officers. But that would require you to actually read the sources and go through the database before spewing a completely uninformed opinion.


Mind you, unarmed doesn't necessarily mean 'not dangerous' either.


Okay, because you suddenly believe in "statistics" and hide behind definitions of words, i will yield to you and will not claim, that in the US the police will regularly kill civilians that are no threat to them. This was not what the argument was relying on though. And you did not adress my argument at all because you were so focused on derailing the thread on a crusade against a misuse of the word regularly.

Here is the argument again, please be so kind and this time use all that energy you showed on the last two pages and adress the actual argument:

1) Professional law-enforcemnet personel unjustifiably kills people when in fear of their life.
2) Professional law-enforcemnet personel is much more used to those situations and has more training in handling of their weapon and assessing threats then a civilian with NRA training.
=> Civilians with or without NRA training will use deadly force way more often when put in the position of self defense with a gun then law-enforcement.
=> Training is good but in the end it can only do so much. If you put weapons in the hands of someone and allow them to use them to kill people under self defense, people will die. SOme of those people were no threat and should not have been killed.

That is the argument. Do you agree?

Now everyone coming to this conclusion does not have to agree on what should follow. For me, this conclusion means that arming the population results in more deaths then not arming the population, therefor the population should not be armed. You can come to different follow-up conclusions.

And as you believe that very low chances of something happening means they should not be acted upon, how do you then come to the conclusion you should be ready with a weapon in case someone wants to murder you or someone want s to take away your freedom? How high do you believe your chances are one of those would happen? Why is a low number in this case relevant and in one that don't fit your narrative not? The odds of having to defend yourself against an oppressive government so far are 1 in 240 years. Why even use something so statistically insignificant as a reason for owning guns?
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-07 12:06:11
August 07 2018 12:05 GMT
#15140
On August 07 2018 13:43 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2018 10:28 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 09:19 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 08:10 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:55 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 06:32 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:33 superstartran wrote:
On August 07 2018 03:29 shabby wrote:
Having three people being shot by cops every day on average is pretty gross. The metric cant be the same for all things: having between 1 and 2 mass shootings every day in a country is not "statistically relevant" by your argument, so who cares, yet in other developed countries its practically unheard of - and its these you should compare with.





Solving issues require you to look at evidence from an empirical standpoint. Stating that police officers kill people frequently would be statistically false. No where have I stated that there isn't a problem, rather the problem is not quite as large as made out to be.


Your argument is intellectually disingenuous and utterly useless.

The amount of citizens killed in this country by law enforcement is an absolute embarrassment when compared to peer nations, both absolute numbers and per capita. This is an empirical fact.

Your argument is literally useless. Not only is it disingenuous, but it's correctness has no relevance to any discussion. Its only use is to try to trivialize this very real issue. You aren't being objective or empirical. You're being petty and partisan.




How am I being disingenuous? It is a statistical fact that the number of people that die from police shootings is similar to the number of people that die from cycling. But I don't see people raising hell about cyclists getting hit by cars now do I? Did I deny that there aren't some unjustified police killings? No. I merely stated that you really can't use it as justification to take away firearms because it doesn't happen often enough to really warrant it.


On August 07 2018 03:43 Plansix wrote:
I just want to point out that no one collects comprehensive data on the use of lethal force by the police. Many police departments do not report it or keep records. 1000 per year could be accurate or well below the true number.

And I don't want to be one of those 1000 people. More importantly, I don't want anyone I know to be shot by a dumb ass cop who gets scared for a minute.




That number of 1000 comes from very liberal sources that arguably used methods that inflated the numbers. The FBI reports roughly 600-700, but let's just say for arguments sake that for whatever reason that all law enforcement agencies across the United States are reporting false numbers in some false conspiracy.

Would you agree with me that the Washington Post is going to have some sort of liberal spin on how they do their work? I'd agree with that. And even then, they came up with about 1000. Now if I told you that cockroaches were killing a thousand people a year, and that we needed to come up with serious national reform in order to exterminate roaches, you'd look at me completely sideways, and justifiably so.


And remember, not once did I deny that unjustified police killings do not occur, rather I pointed out correctly so that it does not happen as often as one would think. Someone earlier made a statement that police killings happen regularly, which essentially implies that they happen so frequently that it's just an every day occurrence. They then used that as one of many justifications to take away firearms. I merely pointed out that 1000 in 300 million isn't that common, and that you can't state that it happens 'regularly' because it statistically doesn't. The numbers don't bear out that fact.

But instead of people agreeing that you know police officers aren't walking around just gunning random people in the street, I've got folks here moral high grounding here about the 'moral implications of the numbers' when I never even argued that point. All I ever stated was that police killings do not happen regularly, and the numbers bear that out.

I think the disagreement here is over your definition of "regularly"

Yes, tornadoes and bicycles and cockroaches and whatever else you wanna come up with probably kill as many people in a year as police shootings. the total deaths by police shooting in a year taken as a percentage of the population is not a high number. We get it.

What everyone continues to throw back at you is the idea that this is an event that happens far more often here than it does in other developed nations. Furthermore this isn't a case of someone stepping on a rake or falling off a bicycle or whatever, these are horrifying instances of law enforcement killing people.

Your comparisons to other statistical events are entirely out of context.




They are not out of context at all, Simberto was the one who started the whole train of throwing random statistics out of the blue that have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.



Regularity implies that it happens frequently. Police shootings do not happen frequently. Just because country A. has more incidents than country B., does not mean that country A. has something that occurs frequently, it just occurs more often.



The original statement was that police officers shoot unarmed civilians with regularity in the United States of America. That is the furthest thing from the truth, and all statistics bear out that fact. This has nothing to do with 'other countries.' It's statistically false to say that police shootings happen regularly in the United States, especially against unarmed people.


You keep saying "all statistics bear this out" then that is simply not true. You can't even define what is regular to say that this isn't regular.

I consider roughly 3 deaths a day "regular". And yes your stats are out of context because this is the institution that should be protecting our life actually taking it in quadruple digits yearly, as opposed to accidents or acts of nature.

You just conveniently ignore the fact that EVERY peer nation has little to no problem with this issue. This contextualizes the fact that this occurs way too often and the fact that we have repeatedly pointed this out and you still ignore it shows your lack of integrity in this discussion.




Every other peer nation also has dramatically different circumstances regarding their geography, socioeconomic make up, culture, and various other factors. Trying to just cross compare and just say "HEY LOOK WHY DOES IT WORK OVER HERE" is pretty dishonest in itself, but you seem very keen on doing that.

so....youre saying "1000 deaths is acceptable in the US because this is just how we are. deal with it"
i say this so many times in this thread, but its impossible to convince guys like sst when their entire stance on the matter is "not enough people are dying for me to give a fuck"
Prev 1 755 756 757 758 759 891 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 60
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g5708
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 11589
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 13m
INu's Battles
15h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 13m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 13m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.