• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:34
CEST 10:34
KST 17:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10444 users

Australia to vote on Gay marrige - Page 31

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 37 Next All
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
October 22 2011 04:04 GMT
#601
To be honest it also says "some researches" in relation to homosexuality. So it's not saying anything, definitely not something you want to use as an evidence.

Similar discussions often pop up on TL and most of the time people with anti-gay sentiments end up getting banned, so if you want to wait it out you are going to win the argument.
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:09:05
October 22 2011 04:06 GMT
#602
On October 22 2011 12:40 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 12:36 Kickstart wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:31 Kojak21 wrote:
if being gay is natural, then how come two guys cant have babies together?

Not entirely sure if you are serious or trolling?
But I'll respond anyways. To try and make this as simple as I can, because based on your question I think simple is best for you. "Natural" is:
a : being in accordance with or determined by nature
b : having or constituting a classification based on features existing in nature.
So, since homosexuality occurs in nature among animals, it is natural. Also, just because something is odd or different does not make it unnatural. Is homosexuality odd according to nature, yes, but so is a person being over 6'2'' or having eyes that are different colors.

Fun fact; blue eyes was the result of genetic inbreeding which occurred around 5000BC, lol.

Homosexuality doesn't occur naturally amongst animals, a dominant male 'rapes' competing males in an effort to humiliate and stamp their authority, happens in the navy quite often, homosexuality is the result of a feminine mind placed in a masculine body.


...this does seem like a straight up troll. Yes, homosexuality does occur in nature. We've known this for a while. No it is not humilating or rape.

The entire idea that gay => feminine is not only bullshit but a shameless stereotype that has absolutely no bearing on reality. Gay is not transgender.

It is not acceptable to make random assertions. You have to look at reality and see what is actually true. Provide evidence.
ampson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2355 Posts
October 22 2011 04:06 GMT
#603
I'm all for gay marriage. Just call it gay marriage, let them get married at any church willing to marry them, and everyone is happy.
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
October 22 2011 04:08 GMT
#604
I wonder, do females have sex with each other in nature? Or this homosexual behavior was only observed amongst males?
Thebbeuttiffulland
Profile Joined October 2011
Brazil288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:10:02
October 22 2011 04:09 GMT
#605
On October 22 2011 12:59 Kickstart wrote:
This is getting aggravating. I don't want to spend all my time refuting silly arguments that can be disproved with simple google searches. Just look at wikipedia for example: Homosexual behavior in animals
Under "Research on homosexual behavior in animals":
Some researchers believe this behavior to have its origin in male social organization and social dominance, similar to the dominance traits shown in prison sexuality. Others, particularly Joan Roughgarden, Bruce Bagemihl, Thierry Lodé[26] and Paul Vasey suggest the social function of sex (both homosexual and heterosexual) is not necessarily connected to dominance, but serves to strengthen alliances and social ties within a flock. Others have argued that social organization theory is inadequate because it cannot account for some homosexual behaviors, for example, penguin species where same-sex individuals mate for life and refuse to pair with females when given the chance.[27][28] While reports on many such mating scenarios are still only anecdotal, a growing body of scientific work confirms that permanent homosexuality occurs not only in species with permanent pair bonds,[20] but also in non-monogamous species like sheep.

There you are, some scholars believe it originates from the social displays of dominance that you described, but that is as far as you can take it. It 'could' have originated there, but homosexual behavior STILL HAPPENS IN NATURE MAKING IT NATURAL.

some researchers believe and suggest doesnt sound too convincing does it?theres researchers who believe in a lot of things
truth is out there
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 22 2011 04:10 GMT
#606
On October 22 2011 12:45 meatbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 12:37 Def Leppard wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:33 meatbox wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:32 Def Leppard wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:31 Kojak21 wrote:
if being gay is natural, then how come two guys cant have babies together?


If masturbating is natural, then how come we can't create babies by masturbating?

LOL, what a ridiculous rebuttal.


LOL, what a ridiculous yourface.

No need to get personal.

Quit asking for people to be banned. You been a complete asshat this entire thread.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:13:52
October 22 2011 04:10 GMT
#607
On October 22 2011 13:04 discodancer wrote:
To be honest it also says "some researches" in relation to homosexuality. So it's not saying anything, definitely not something you want to use as an evidence.

Similar discussions often pop up on TL and most of the time people with anti-gay sentiments end up getting banned, so if you want to wait it out you are going to win the argument.


That is in relation to the origins of homosexual behavior, which isn't the point. The bolded part of what is quoted is what is important which states that permanent homosexuality does occur among animals.

EDIT:
Good lord people are testing my patience with their inability to read. Am I really not making my points clearly enough or are the anti-gay people in this thread just playing dumb?
some researchers believe and suggest doesnt sound too convincing does it?theres researchers who believe in a lot of things

Again, read the bolded part, which states: "a growing body of scientific work confirms that permanent homosexuality occurs..."
You do understand what confirms means don't you?
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 22 2011 04:11 GMT
#608
On October 22 2011 12:40 Def Leppard wrote:
Poll: I am against homosexuality and I am

Not religious (9)
 
100%

Religious (0)
 
0%

9 total votes

Your vote: I am against homosexuality and I am

(Vote): Religious
(Vote): Not religious


loooool i accidentally clicked wrong n this poll
Def Leppard
Profile Joined October 2011
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:13:55
October 22 2011 04:12 GMT
#609
--- Nuked ---
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:16:53
October 22 2011 04:13 GMT
#610
On October 22 2011 13:10 Kickstart wrote:
Again, read the bolded part, which states: "a growing body of scientific work confirms that permanent homosexuality occurs..."
You do understand what confirms means don't you?


I'm not sure what a "growing body of scientific work" means. And non-monogamous species like sheep means sheep only, right? Just wondering, since this sheep example is pretty beat up.

On October 22 2011 13:12 Def Leppard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 13:08 discodancer wrote:
I wonder, do females have sex with each other in nature? Or this homosexual behavior was only observed amongst males?


Go to any porn site, click on the category 'lesbians' and use the search terms 'nature' or 'outdoors'.

Edit: Humans are animals, and before there were houses we lived in the wild. Therefore we are natural.


My fiance will not tolerate me watching human sex acts; I can probably talk my way out of watching 2 sheep fuck each other though.
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
October 22 2011 04:14 GMT
#611
On October 22 2011 13:06 DoubleReed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 12:40 meatbox wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:36 Kickstart wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:31 Kojak21 wrote:
if being gay is natural, then how come two guys cant have babies together?

Not entirely sure if you are serious or trolling?
But I'll respond anyways. To try and make this as simple as I can, because based on your question I think simple is best for you. "Natural" is:
a : being in accordance with or determined by nature
b : having or constituting a classification based on features existing in nature.
So, since homosexuality occurs in nature among animals, it is natural. Also, just because something is odd or different does not make it unnatural. Is homosexuality odd according to nature, yes, but so is a person being over 6'2'' or having eyes that are different colors.

Fun fact; blue eyes was the result of genetic inbreeding which occurred around 5000BC, lol.

Homosexuality doesn't occur naturally amongst animals, a dominant male 'rapes' competing males in an effort to humiliate and stamp their authority, happens in the navy quite often, homosexuality is the result of a feminine mind placed in a masculine body.


...this does seem like a straight up troll. Yes, homosexuality does occur in nature. We've known this for a while. No it is not humilating or rape.

The entire idea that gay => feminine is not only bullshit but a shameless stereotype that has absolutely no bearing on reality. Gay is not transgender.

It is not acceptable to make random assertions. You have to look at reality and see what is actually true. Provide evidence.

Quite an interesting read, studies carried out by neurologists show that the mind of a heterosexual female is no different to the mind of a homosexual male structurally that is.

"In the Swedish study, when sniffing a chemical from testosterone, the male hormone, portions of the brains involved in sexual activity were activated in gay men and straight women, but not in straight men, the researchers found." (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7791888/#.TqJC895jJGQ)
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:17:07
October 22 2011 04:16 GMT
#612
On October 22 2011 12:58 Thebbeuttiffulland wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 12:48 Rhine wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:44 meatbox wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:39 Rhine wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:35 meatbox wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:33 Rhine wrote:
On October 22 2011 12:31 Kojak21 wrote:
if being gay is natural, then how come two guys cant have babies together?

What does naturalness have to do with anything? Your lifestile is decidedly unnatural. Additionally, just because two guys can't have babies doesn't make it unnatural.

If most animals are not monogamous, why is it, and through association heterosexual marriage natural?

Yes it is natural for mammals, humans are mammals, and naturally choose a partner for life, this is getting silly now...


Yeah it is silly, because it's a silly argument. Around 93% of mammals are not monogamous, so no. But i assume you can just say "well humans are mostly monogamous so it's natural." As i said before, naturalness doesn't mean anything. It's an arbitrary line in the sand. I can just as easily demonstrate that monogamy is not natural and so what? I can also demonstrate a whole bunch of ridiculous things that i can say are "natural." For instance, homosexuality IS natural, by definition, since it appears a lot in nature. In addition, our lifestyles are not natural. It has no bearing on how we live our lives.

Humans are monogamous though.

(haha)

Keep retreating while not actually reading anything from what i posted. You'll never change your opinion no matter what because you dismiss any and all evidence on the contrary by simply ignoring it.

you wont change your mind too so? as far as i know theres no prove that people born being gay


No, i will change my mind as soon as i see evidence. Considering you are not aware of work being done to ascertain whether it is a choice or not here are just a couple of references:

Sexually Antagonistic Selection in Human Male Homosexuality

O brother, where art thou? The fraternal birth-order effect on male sexual orientation

Biological versus nonbiological older brothers and men’s sexual orientation

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects

These are just a few of a body of work that spans decades and has given us a fairly good understanding of homosexuality and how it is decidedly NOT a choice (who would choose to be bullied and driven to suicide?). Now are you going to give me evidence to the contrary or are you going to consider this?

As for meatbox, once again, i was saying how naturalness is a poor argument in this case. Thus, it being natural or unnatural does not matter....
Evil_Monkey_
Profile Joined May 2003
Denmark296 Posts
October 22 2011 04:18 GMT
#613
On October 22 2011 13:03 SecondChance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.


Just out of curiosity, why was this person banned? Of course, advocates for freedom and gay rights could argue with his opinion as it very well may be wrong (For the record I have no qualms whatsoever with gay couples wanting to get married; I think it should be looked at no differently than couples who are of the opposite sex who are wanting to get married).

I remember reading a moderator or some other form of TL member stating that you can't preface a post with (I am strictly quoting this) "I hope I don't get banned"" because it's a "copout" that is trying to make the content of their post exempt from any moderation, even though it's most likely breaking a rule of some sort.

However, in his post I see no content that is explicit or inappropriate. As previously mentioned, his stance is easily argued with, and most likely wrong. However, he articulated it in a passive and non offensive manner; and ended it quite admirably.
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


So I simply question why it is necessary to punish somebody for prefacing a post with that when the content isn't objectionable in the first place. I realize the OP isn't titled "What is your opinion on Deekin's punishment thread?" But I know not of any other way to ask this, apologies if I am derailing the thread.

As for the OP, I mentioned my stance previously.

Gay and want to get married? Best of luck to you.


edit: So I went through the thread and found multiple people saying that he was a 'matyr'.

I still don't particularly understand nor do I agree with the decision; however my spidy sense tells me this would not be the time or place to discuss this.

To me this thread is basically:
If you're pro gay rights, write whatever you want however biased it maybe and ridicule as you see fit.
If you're against some gay rights don't expect to be allowed to be biased or ridicule without a ban.
........
Rhine
Profile Joined October 2011
187 Posts
October 22 2011 04:18 GMT
#614

On October 22 2011 13:08 discodancer wrote:
I wonder, do females have sex with each other in nature? Or this homosexual behavior was only observed amongst males?



Seriously? Just do a google search...put safe search on and go to wikipedia, even.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
October 22 2011 04:21 GMT
#615
Growing body would mean that as more research is done, more of it confirms the idea that permanent homosexuality occurs in nature. The fact that homosexuality occurs in species with permanent pair bonds is significant because in biology a pair bond is the strong affinity that develops in some species between the males and females in a pair, potentially leading to breeding, yet homosexual bonds occur. The ram study shows that even when given a choice between a male or female relationship, 8% of rams (male) choose a male partner.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:25:28
October 22 2011 04:24 GMT
#616
On October 22 2011 13:18 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 13:03 SecondChance wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.


Just out of curiosity, why was this person banned? Of course, advocates for freedom and gay rights could argue with his opinion as it very well may be wrong (For the record I have no qualms whatsoever with gay couples wanting to get married; I think it should be looked at no differently than couples who are of the opposite sex who are wanting to get married).

I remember reading a moderator or some other form of TL member stating that you can't preface a post with (I am strictly quoting this) "I hope I don't get banned"" because it's a "copout" that is trying to make the content of their post exempt from any moderation, even though it's most likely breaking a rule of some sort.

However, in his post I see no content that is explicit or inappropriate. As previously mentioned, his stance is easily argued with, and most likely wrong. However, he articulated it in a passive and non offensive manner; and ended it quite admirably.
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


So I simply question why it is necessary to punish somebody for prefacing a post with that when the content isn't objectionable in the first place. I realize the OP isn't titled "What is your opinion on Deekin's punishment thread?" But I know not of any other way to ask this, apologies if I am derailing the thread.

As for the OP, I mentioned my stance previously.

Gay and want to get married? Best of luck to you.


edit: So I went through the thread and found multiple people saying that he was a 'matyr'.

I still don't particularly understand nor do I agree with the decision; however my spidy sense tells me this would not be the time or place to discuss this.

To me this thread is basically:
If you're pro gay rights, write whatever you want however biased it maybe and ridicule as you see fit.
If you're against some gay rights don't expect to be allowed to be biased or ridicule without a ban.

You guys are being purposely dense?
Even if you follow 'i hope i don't get banned' with 'all hail glorious teamliquid' YOU WILL BE BANNED.
The content of the post no matter what become irrelevant when the poster attempts to make a martyr of themselves.
Evil_Monkey_
Profile Joined May 2003
Denmark296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 04:30:25
October 22 2011 04:28 GMT
#617
On October 22 2011 13:24 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 13:18 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:03 SecondChance wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.


Just out of curiosity, why was this person banned? Of course, advocates for freedom and gay rights could argue with his opinion as it very well may be wrong (For the record I have no qualms whatsoever with gay couples wanting to get married; I think it should be looked at no differently than couples who are of the opposite sex who are wanting to get married).

I remember reading a moderator or some other form of TL member stating that you can't preface a post with (I am strictly quoting this) "I hope I don't get banned"" because it's a "copout" that is trying to make the content of their post exempt from any moderation, even though it's most likely breaking a rule of some sort.

However, in his post I see no content that is explicit or inappropriate. As previously mentioned, his stance is easily argued with, and most likely wrong. However, he articulated it in a passive and non offensive manner; and ended it quite admirably.
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


So I simply question why it is necessary to punish somebody for prefacing a post with that when the content isn't objectionable in the first place. I realize the OP isn't titled "What is your opinion on Deekin's punishment thread?" But I know not of any other way to ask this, apologies if I am derailing the thread.

As for the OP, I mentioned my stance previously.

Gay and want to get married? Best of luck to you.


edit: So I went through the thread and found multiple people saying that he was a 'matyr'.

I still don't particularly understand nor do I agree with the decision; however my spidy sense tells me this would not be the time or place to discuss this.

To me this thread is basically:
If you're pro gay rights, write whatever you want however biased it maybe and ridicule as you see fit.
If you're against some gay rights don't expect to be allowed to be biased or ridicule without a ban.

You guys are being purposely dense?
Even follow 'i hope i don't get banned' with 'all hail glorious teamliquid' YOU WILL BE BANNED.
The content of the post no matter what become irrelevant when the poster attempts to make a martyr of themselves.

Fact is, in this thread people can call me I'm stupid and tell me what I write is stupid. Just like you did now but if I did the same I'd be banned because I've expressed I'm against gay parenting. People are 'open minded' as long as you're as 'open minded' as them (I.E. share the same opinion).
........
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
October 22 2011 04:34 GMT
#618
On October 22 2011 13:28 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 13:24 ShadeR wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:18 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:03 SecondChance wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.


Just out of curiosity, why was this person banned? Of course, advocates for freedom and gay rights could argue with his opinion as it very well may be wrong (For the record I have no qualms whatsoever with gay couples wanting to get married; I think it should be looked at no differently than couples who are of the opposite sex who are wanting to get married).

I remember reading a moderator or some other form of TL member stating that you can't preface a post with (I am strictly quoting this) "I hope I don't get banned"" because it's a "copout" that is trying to make the content of their post exempt from any moderation, even though it's most likely breaking a rule of some sort.

However, in his post I see no content that is explicit or inappropriate. As previously mentioned, his stance is easily argued with, and most likely wrong. However, he articulated it in a passive and non offensive manner; and ended it quite admirably.
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


So I simply question why it is necessary to punish somebody for prefacing a post with that when the content isn't objectionable in the first place. I realize the OP isn't titled "What is your opinion on Deekin's punishment thread?" But I know not of any other way to ask this, apologies if I am derailing the thread.

As for the OP, I mentioned my stance previously.

Gay and want to get married? Best of luck to you.


edit: So I went through the thread and found multiple people saying that he was a 'matyr'.

I still don't particularly understand nor do I agree with the decision; however my spidy sense tells me this would not be the time or place to discuss this.

To me this thread is basically:
If you're pro gay rights, write whatever you want however biased it maybe and ridicule as you see fit.
If you're against some gay rights don't expect to be allowed to be biased or ridicule without a ban.

You guys are being purposely dense?
Even follow 'i hope i don't get banned' with 'all hail glorious teamliquid' YOU WILL BE BANNED.
The content of the post no matter what become irrelevant when the poster attempts to make a martyr of themselves.

Fact is, in this thread people can call me I'm stupid and tell me what I write is stupid. Just like you did now but if I did the same I'd be banned because I've expressed I'm against gay parenting. People are 'open minded' as long as you're as 'open minded' as them (I.E. share the same opinion).


Pretty sure you got warned for blatantly trying to insult me while just as blatantly putting words in my mouth. I'm pretty sure no one who has argued against homosexuality in a calm and at least somewhat respectful way has been banned or warned.
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
tso
Profile Joined April 2010
United States132 Posts
October 22 2011 04:35 GMT
#619
On October 22 2011 13:28 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 13:24 ShadeR wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:18 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:03 SecondChance wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.


Just out of curiosity, why was this person banned? Of course, advocates for freedom and gay rights could argue with his opinion as it very well may be wrong (For the record I have no qualms whatsoever with gay couples wanting to get married; I think it should be looked at no differently than couples who are of the opposite sex who are wanting to get married).

I remember reading a moderator or some other form of TL member stating that you can't preface a post with (I am strictly quoting this) "I hope I don't get banned"" because it's a "copout" that is trying to make the content of their post exempt from any moderation, even though it's most likely breaking a rule of some sort.

However, in his post I see no content that is explicit or inappropriate. As previously mentioned, his stance is easily argued with, and most likely wrong. However, he articulated it in a passive and non offensive manner; and ended it quite admirably.
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


So I simply question why it is necessary to punish somebody for prefacing a post with that when the content isn't objectionable in the first place. I realize the OP isn't titled "What is your opinion on Deekin's punishment thread?" But I know not of any other way to ask this, apologies if I am derailing the thread.

As for the OP, I mentioned my stance previously.

Gay and want to get married? Best of luck to you.


edit: So I went through the thread and found multiple people saying that he was a 'matyr'.

I still don't particularly understand nor do I agree with the decision; however my spidy sense tells me this would not be the time or place to discuss this.

To me this thread is basically:
If you're pro gay rights, write whatever you want however biased it maybe and ridicule as you see fit.
If you're against some gay rights don't expect to be allowed to be biased or ridicule without a ban.

You guys are being purposely dense?
Even follow 'i hope i don't get banned' with 'all hail glorious teamliquid' YOU WILL BE BANNED.
The content of the post no matter what become irrelevant when the poster attempts to make a martyr of themselves.

Fact is, in this thread people can call me I'm stupid and tell me what I write is stupid. Just like you did now but if I did the same I'd be banned because I've expressed I'm against gay parenting. People are 'open minded' as long as you're as 'open minded' as them (I.E. share the same opinion).


the bans you are talking about occured because they called attention to their own possible banning.

the fact they mentioned their being banned is why they got banned, not the content they led with
...
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 22 2011 04:35 GMT
#620
On October 22 2011 13:28 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 13:24 ShadeR wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:18 Evil_Monkey_ wrote:
On October 22 2011 13:03 SecondChance wrote:
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:
I hope I dont get banned for my opinion, but I think being gay is pretty unnatural. If I think about it, it disgusts me, alot. But I think gay marriage should be allowed all over the world. Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.

User was banned for this post.


Just out of curiosity, why was this person banned? Of course, advocates for freedom and gay rights could argue with his opinion as it very well may be wrong (For the record I have no qualms whatsoever with gay couples wanting to get married; I think it should be looked at no differently than couples who are of the opposite sex who are wanting to get married).

I remember reading a moderator or some other form of TL member stating that you can't preface a post with (I am strictly quoting this) "I hope I don't get banned"" because it's a "copout" that is trying to make the content of their post exempt from any moderation, even though it's most likely breaking a rule of some sort.

However, in his post I see no content that is explicit or inappropriate. As previously mentioned, his stance is easily argued with, and most likely wrong. However, he articulated it in a passive and non offensive manner; and ended it quite admirably.
On October 21 2011 06:39 Deekin[ wrote:Because I think people should be happy, and if they are gay and are happy, then its just great for them.


So I simply question why it is necessary to punish somebody for prefacing a post with that when the content isn't objectionable in the first place. I realize the OP isn't titled "What is your opinion on Deekin's punishment thread?" But I know not of any other way to ask this, apologies if I am derailing the thread.

As for the OP, I mentioned my stance previously.

Gay and want to get married? Best of luck to you.


edit: So I went through the thread and found multiple people saying that he was a 'matyr'.

I still don't particularly understand nor do I agree with the decision; however my spidy sense tells me this would not be the time or place to discuss this.

To me this thread is basically:
If you're pro gay rights, write whatever you want however biased it maybe and ridicule as you see fit.
If you're against some gay rights don't expect to be allowed to be biased or ridicule without a ban.

You guys are being purposely dense?
Even follow 'i hope i don't get banned' with 'all hail glorious teamliquid' YOU WILL BE BANNED.
The content of the post no matter what become irrelevant when the poster attempts to make a martyr of themselves.

Fact is, in this thread people can call me I'm stupid and tell me what I write is stupid. Just like you did now but if I did the same I'd be banned because I've expressed I'm against gay parenting. People are 'open minded' as long as you're as 'open minded' as them (I.E. share the same opinion).

Waht? Are you going to address my explanation to you at all or just accuse me of calling you stupid...
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 3137
Hyuk 276
Horang2 153
Shinee 80
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 59
Killer 53
ggaemo 53
sorry 45
Snow 44
[ Show more ]
Bale 33
ZergMaN 28
Bonyth 19
JYJ 15
League of Legends
JimRising 587
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g8705
ArmadaUGS77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2349
League of Legends
• Lourlo1523
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 27m
INu's Battles
3h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 27m
Replay Cast
14h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.