• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:38
CEST 08:38
KST 15:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9941 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 545

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 543 544 545 546 547 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-10 16:00:01
September 10 2014 11:07 GMT
#10881
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
September 10 2014 14:10 GMT
#10882
On September 10 2014 13:01 WarSame wrote:
My first date was last Sunday. It was with a coworker from my Summer job(which is now over). It was my first date ever, at the tender age of 21. The date was actually fairly good, because we sat and talked in a coffee shop for 3 hours or so and the conversation flowed well. However, I am not attracted to the woman. It seems she is fairly interested in me, because she keeps messaging me on facebook and asked me out for coffee again. While I do enjoy talking to her I don't find her sexy and don't want to lead her on or anything like that. Could someone please tell me a good way to nicely and politely let her know I'm not interested?

On a side note, I am finally starting to get attention from women. This is probably partly because of the awesome tan my summer job gave me, as well as the muscles I am starting to put on from working out. It may also be because my personality is finally coming out of the shell that it got beaten back into in high school. However, this means that I will have to go through some growing pains of learning how the dating game works, and even just social media in general. I only have Facebook, and just installed Snapchat today. I hardly use my phone, text mostly to meet up with people or transmit information, not for conversation unless the person is far away or hard to talk to otherwise. It seems like there's a lot I don't know about it. What do you use this stuff for? Why is Snapchat so popular? As far as I can tell you just take pictures of yourself or random things? Why?


Just hang out with her a few more times. Just chat with her more, maybe theres no spark from one coffee date, but who knows, maybe you will like her more if you get to know her a bit more as well. And if not then whatever. Telling her you enjoy her company as a friend isn't so bad.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
September 10 2014 14:17 GMT
#10883
I would argue that he is actually doing the boyfriend a favour although it might not be the intention. She is already cheating on the boyfriend. I can't see how that is ever acceptable - unless he is equally promiscuous and they have an agreement that it is okay (in which case it isn't cheating).

Why anyone would want to date a cheater is beyond me though.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
September 10 2014 14:24 GMT
#10884
On September 10 2014 23:10 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 13:01 WarSame wrote:
My first date was last Sunday. It was with a coworker from my Summer job(which is now over). It was my first date ever, at the tender age of 21. The date was actually fairly good, because we sat and talked in a coffee shop for 3 hours or so and the conversation flowed well. However, I am not attracted to the woman. It seems she is fairly interested in me, because she keeps messaging me on facebook and asked me out for coffee again. While I do enjoy talking to her I don't find her sexy and don't want to lead her on or anything like that. Could someone please tell me a good way to nicely and politely let her know I'm not interested?

On a side note, I am finally starting to get attention from women. This is probably partly because of the awesome tan my summer job gave me, as well as the muscles I am starting to put on from working out. It may also be because my personality is finally coming out of the shell that it got beaten back into in high school. However, this means that I will have to go through some growing pains of learning how the dating game works, and even just social media in general. I only have Facebook, and just installed Snapchat today. I hardly use my phone, text mostly to meet up with people or transmit information, not for conversation unless the person is far away or hard to talk to otherwise. It seems like there's a lot I don't know about it. What do you use this stuff for? Why is Snapchat so popular? As far as I can tell you just take pictures of yourself or random things? Why?


Just hang out with her a few more times. Just chat with her more, maybe theres no spark from one coffee date, but who knows, maybe you will like her more if you get to know her a bit more as well. And if not then whatever. Telling her you enjoy her company as a friend isn't so bad.


I had this issue when I first started dating. My level of attraction was always inversely proportional to theirs. I would suggest following this advice by ZeromuS (is your name a play on zero sum?). Just be honest with her about how you feel if after getting to know her better you still really don't feel anything.

Letting her know directly is so much better than leaving her in the abyss wondering if she did something wrong or if you're just playing hard to get or a multitude of other possibilities.
Malhavoc
Profile Joined October 2010
Italy308 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-10 15:25:31
September 10 2014 15:24 GMT
#10885
On September 07 2014 03:43 Velzi wrote:
So.. I've been planning to ask one girl out for a dinner or something. We hang out in the same groups but i havent talked to her without others being around. What im asking is that how should i approach her (is it legit to ask her out in facebook/Whatsapp etc. im kinda shy guy u know) or what should i do? I feel like im not in the spot to talk to her everyone being around and asking her out with others listening it lol.

And if it actually happens that she agrees to go out with me, what should we do in the first "date" or should i just let the flow go? Is it lame to take her for a lunch and movie or something or should i plan up something more extra special? I've heard that movie is like the worst place u can go on first date since u are not able to talk to eachother... Maybe im just thinking too much and not doing what im suppose to :|

Appreciate fast response, im so goddamn nervous about this. : P


It depends if you have already made your interest clear to here (more or less). In those cases, and if you see she's giving you a good feedback, any excuse will do.. the work has already been done (if there is no feedback or bad one, move on to another girl).

Problem is when you only manage to talk to her when other friends are around, and it's harder for you to attract her. In these cases I've found that the best choice is getting enough contact with her that you feel confortable enough to invite her to some event you BOTH like (for example a concert, or any other activity you both like). Asking for a dinner is too much commitment in her eyes from someone she doesn't see as a potential partner (yet).

Then you have your chance alone with her to make her get interested in you.. remember that since she doesn't see that as a date, you still have a lot of work to do (all the work you were not able to do among other people), but at least it should be easier. And try to avoid stretching this phase too long, or you really risk to fall in the "friendship" trap, and you're done
Velzi
Profile Joined June 2012
Finland659 Posts
September 10 2014 15:50 GMT
#10886
On September 11 2014 00:24 Malhavoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2014 03:43 Velzi wrote:
So.. I've been planning to ask one girl out for a dinner or something. We hang out in the same groups but i havent talked to her without others being around. What im asking is that how should i approach her (is it legit to ask her out in facebook/Whatsapp etc. im kinda shy guy u know) or what should i do? I feel like im not in the spot to talk to her everyone being around and asking her out with others listening it lol.

And if it actually happens that she agrees to go out with me, what should we do in the first "date" or should i just let the flow go? Is it lame to take her for a lunch and movie or something or should i plan up something more extra special? I've heard that movie is like the worst place u can go on first date since u are not able to talk to eachother... Maybe im just thinking too much and not doing what im suppose to :|

Appreciate fast response, im so goddamn nervous about this. : P


It depends if you have already made your interest clear to here (more or less). In those cases, and if you see she's giving you a good feedback, any excuse will do.. the work has already been done (if there is no feedback or bad one, move on to another girl).

Problem is when you only manage to talk to her when other friends are around, and it's harder for you to attract her. In these cases I've found that the best choice is getting enough contact with her that you feel confortable enough to invite her to some event you BOTH like (for example a concert, or any other activity you both like). Asking for a dinner is too much commitment in her eyes from someone she doesn't see as a potential partner (yet).

Then you have your chance alone with her to make her get interested in you.. remember that since she doesn't see that as a date, you still have a lot of work to do (all the work you were not able to do among other people), but at least it should be easier. And try to avoid stretching this phase too long, or you really risk to fall in the "friendship" trap, and you're done

Okey we are atm in the spot where i already asked her out and he agreed to have a cup of coffee with me (in school). Problem tho is that we havent decided yet when we both have time for it. I guess i just have to ask her again when she wants to because i know she (and well me) are having really tough timetables at the beginning of the school year.

I think i have made my interest clear to her, but im really not sure about the feedback since she is not casually talking me more than before i actually asked her out. I hope its just the fact that she's waiting my move and teasing me lol :D

i guess i gotta make some moves happen eh
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you to their level and then beat you with experience. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/115305822 https://yasp.co/players/115305822
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
September 10 2014 19:02 GMT
#10887
On September 11 2014 00:50 Velzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2014 00:24 Malhavoc wrote:
On September 07 2014 03:43 Velzi wrote:
So.. I've been planning to ask one girl out for a dinner or something. We hang out in the same groups but i havent talked to her without others being around. What im asking is that how should i approach her (is it legit to ask her out in facebook/Whatsapp etc. im kinda shy guy u know) or what should i do? I feel like im not in the spot to talk to her everyone being around and asking her out with others listening it lol.

And if it actually happens that she agrees to go out with me, what should we do in the first "date" or should i just let the flow go? Is it lame to take her for a lunch and movie or something or should i plan up something more extra special? I've heard that movie is like the worst place u can go on first date since u are not able to talk to eachother... Maybe im just thinking too much and not doing what im suppose to :|

Appreciate fast response, im so goddamn nervous about this. : P


It depends if you have already made your interest clear to here (more or less). In those cases, and if you see she's giving you a good feedback, any excuse will do.. the work has already been done (if there is no feedback or bad one, move on to another girl).

Problem is when you only manage to talk to her when other friends are around, and it's harder for you to attract her. In these cases I've found that the best choice is getting enough contact with her that you feel confortable enough to invite her to some event you BOTH like (for example a concert, or any other activity you both like). Asking for a dinner is too much commitment in her eyes from someone she doesn't see as a potential partner (yet).

Then you have your chance alone with her to make her get interested in you.. remember that since she doesn't see that as a date, you still have a lot of work to do (all the work you were not able to do among other people), but at least it should be easier. And try to avoid stretching this phase too long, or you really risk to fall in the "friendship" trap, and you're done

Okey we are atm in the spot where i already asked her out and he agreed to have a cup of coffee with me (in school). Problem tho is that we havent decided yet when we both have time for it. I guess i just have to ask her again when she wants to because i know she (and well me) are having really tough timetables at the beginning of the school year.

I think i have made my interest clear to her, but im really not sure about the feedback since she is not casually talking me more than before i actually asked her out. I hope its just the fact that she's waiting my move and teasing me lol :D

i guess i gotta make some moves happen eh

yeah i wouldn't say continuing the same level of interest is any negative sign. you are doing the same right? should have picked a date the first time but now it will be easier to ask again! don't wait too long and good luck!
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 10 2014 20:38 GMT
#10888
On September 10 2014 23:10 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 13:01 WarSame wrote:
My first date was last Sunday. It was with a coworker from my Summer job(which is now over). It was my first date ever, at the tender age of 21. The date was actually fairly good, because we sat and talked in a coffee shop for 3 hours or so and the conversation flowed well. However, I am not attracted to the woman. It seems she is fairly interested in me, because she keeps messaging me on facebook and asked me out for coffee again. While I do enjoy talking to her I don't find her sexy and don't want to lead her on or anything like that. Could someone please tell me a good way to nicely and politely let her know I'm not interested?

On a side note, I am finally starting to get attention from women. This is probably partly because of the awesome tan my summer job gave me, as well as the muscles I am starting to put on from working out. It may also be because my personality is finally coming out of the shell that it got beaten back into in high school. However, this means that I will have to go through some growing pains of learning how the dating game works, and even just social media in general. I only have Facebook, and just installed Snapchat today. I hardly use my phone, text mostly to meet up with people or transmit information, not for conversation unless the person is far away or hard to talk to otherwise. It seems like there's a lot I don't know about it. What do you use this stuff for? Why is Snapchat so popular? As far as I can tell you just take pictures of yourself or random things? Why?


Just hang out with her a few more times. Just chat with her more, maybe theres no spark from one coffee date, but who knows, maybe you will like her more if you get to know her a bit more as well. And if not then whatever. Telling her you enjoy her company as a friend isn't so bad.

I supposed I shoulda have said all of it, but she is about 5 years older than me, and was in a kind of managerish position at my summer job. Anyway, she sent me a message last night asking me to coffee again, I think I'm going to say that I'm not interested but I'm not sure how to phrase it. That's part of the learning process, I guess.

Also it's annoying how every question on here devolves into stupid arguments. For those who were providing serious advice, thank you. I read them all and appreciated them.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
September 10 2014 21:57 GMT
#10889
On September 11 2014 05:38 WarSame wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 23:10 ZeromuS wrote:
On September 10 2014 13:01 WarSame wrote:
My first date was last Sunday. It was with a coworker from my Summer job(which is now over). It was my first date ever, at the tender age of 21. The date was actually fairly good, because we sat and talked in a coffee shop for 3 hours or so and the conversation flowed well. However, I am not attracted to the woman. It seems she is fairly interested in me, because she keeps messaging me on facebook and asked me out for coffee again. While I do enjoy talking to her I don't find her sexy and don't want to lead her on or anything like that. Could someone please tell me a good way to nicely and politely let her know I'm not interested?

On a side note, I am finally starting to get attention from women. This is probably partly because of the awesome tan my summer job gave me, as well as the muscles I am starting to put on from working out. It may also be because my personality is finally coming out of the shell that it got beaten back into in high school. However, this means that I will have to go through some growing pains of learning how the dating game works, and even just social media in general. I only have Facebook, and just installed Snapchat today. I hardly use my phone, text mostly to meet up with people or transmit information, not for conversation unless the person is far away or hard to talk to otherwise. It seems like there's a lot I don't know about it. What do you use this stuff for? Why is Snapchat so popular? As far as I can tell you just take pictures of yourself or random things? Why?


Just hang out with her a few more times. Just chat with her more, maybe theres no spark from one coffee date, but who knows, maybe you will like her more if you get to know her a bit more as well. And if not then whatever. Telling her you enjoy her company as a friend isn't so bad.

I supposed I shoulda have said all of it, but she is about 5 years older than me, and was in a kind of managerish position at my summer job. Anyway, she sent me a message last night asking me to coffee again, I think I'm going to say that I'm not interested but I'm not sure how to phrase it. That's part of the learning process, I guess.

Also it's annoying how every question on here devolves into stupid arguments. For those who were providing serious advice, thank you. I read them all and appreciated them.

You're welcome.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
September 10 2014 22:17 GMT
#10890
Tomorrow I'm leaving on a road trip with the girl I'm in love with. We've known each other for a year and become great friends, at first I told myself that it would be a bad idea to go out with her because she is part of my grad program and one of my only friends there, but I don't care anymore. I'm going to take her to Big Sur and tell her she's beautiful. Wish me luck.
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
September 11 2014 00:29 GMT
#10891
On September 11 2014 05:38 WarSame wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 23:10 ZeromuS wrote:
On September 10 2014 13:01 WarSame wrote:
My first date was last Sunday. It was with a coworker from my Summer job(which is now over). It was my first date ever, at the tender age of 21. The date was actually fairly good, because we sat and talked in a coffee shop for 3 hours or so and the conversation flowed well. However, I am not attracted to the woman. It seems she is fairly interested in me, because she keeps messaging me on facebook and asked me out for coffee again. While I do enjoy talking to her I don't find her sexy and don't want to lead her on or anything like that. Could someone please tell me a good way to nicely and politely let her know I'm not interested?

On a side note, I am finally starting to get attention from women. This is probably partly because of the awesome tan my summer job gave me, as well as the muscles I am starting to put on from working out. It may also be because my personality is finally coming out of the shell that it got beaten back into in high school. However, this means that I will have to go through some growing pains of learning how the dating game works, and even just social media in general. I only have Facebook, and just installed Snapchat today. I hardly use my phone, text mostly to meet up with people or transmit information, not for conversation unless the person is far away or hard to talk to otherwise. It seems like there's a lot I don't know about it. What do you use this stuff for? Why is Snapchat so popular? As far as I can tell you just take pictures of yourself or random things? Why?


Just hang out with her a few more times. Just chat with her more, maybe theres no spark from one coffee date, but who knows, maybe you will like her more if you get to know her a bit more as well. And if not then whatever. Telling her you enjoy her company as a friend isn't so bad.

I supposed I shoulda have said all of it, but she is about 5 years older than me, and was in a kind of managerish position at my summer job. Anyway, she sent me a message last night asking me to coffee again, I think I'm going to say that I'm not interested but I'm not sure how to phrase it. That's part of the learning process, I guess.

Also it's annoying how every question on here devolves into stupid arguments. For those who were providing serious advice, thank you. I read them all and appreciated them.


Why not counter her with dinner? Going out for coffee isn't a very intimate meeting, so it's possible you just never got the opportunity to find a reason to be attracted to her. I mean, you had to find her somewhat attractive to begin with in order to go on a date with her, right?
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 11 2014 01:03 GMT
#10892
On September 11 2014 05:38 WarSame wrote:
I supposed I shoulda have said all of it, but she is about 5 years older than me, and was in a kind of managerish position at my summer job. Anyway, she sent me a message last night asking me to coffee again, I think I'm going to say that I'm not interested but I'm not sure how to phrase it. That's part of the learning process, I guess.


Just say you're not interested in her sexually and don't be a cretin about it. If there's one thing you should strive to do while saying it, make sure she knows it's not a big deal and you don't think any less of her because it didn't work out.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 11 2014 02:21 GMT
#10893
Well I told her that I wasn't interested in it. Hopefully she understands that I mean overall, not this specific proposed coffee date. Bleh, this is not exactly fun.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Velzi
Profile Joined June 2012
Finland659 Posts
September 11 2014 13:43 GMT
#10894
Okey we have set up a meeting for tomorrow, although she feels a bit sick. She wasnt in school today so i guess wednesday's party went a bit long for her

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you to their level and then beat you with experience. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/115305822 https://yasp.co/players/115305822
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
September 11 2014 18:00 GMT
#10895
On September 11 2014 22:43 Velzi wrote:
Okey we have set up a meeting for tomorrow, although she feels a bit sick. She wasnt in school today so i guess wednesday's party went a bit long for her


Good luck!
<3
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
September 12 2014 04:34 GMT
#10896
Talked with my friend who I kinda had a thing with last year at school (talked about her in my blog). She's been liking all of the shit I post on FB and IG for the past weeks or so, so my friend pressured me into messaging her. We ended up chatting for a while and it went pretty well. She's gonna transfer schools, but is still at my old school for the semester. She talked about how she missed me and how she wished I would come down and visit. When we finally stopped talking, she told me that we had to talk again soon because she really missed chatting with me.

I know I should take it as a good sign, but i'm not sure what to do or how to feel. Last year, when it started to get serious, she backed out all of a sudden. I'm still head over heels for her, but i don't want to get too involved in case it ends poorly. Really debating making the drive down to PA to see her...
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
September 12 2014 05:14 GMT
#10897
On September 12 2014 13:34 peanuts wrote:
Talked with my friend who I kinda had a thing with last year at school (talked about her in my blog). She's been liking all of the shit I post on FB and IG for the past weeks or so, so my friend pressured me into messaging her. We ended up chatting for a while and it went pretty well. She's gonna transfer schools, but is still at my old school for the semester. She talked about how she missed me and how she wished I would come down and visit. When we finally stopped talking, she told me that we had to talk again soon because she really missed chatting with me.

I know I should take it as a good sign, but i'm not sure what to do or how to feel. Last year, when it started to get serious, she backed out all of a sudden. I'm still head over heels for her, but i don't want to get too involved in case it ends poorly. Really debating making the drive down to PA to see her...


Maybe she wasn't ready for a commitment and now she is in her life.

Or she just likes reminiscing about old times.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Velzi
Profile Joined June 2012
Finland659 Posts
September 12 2014 06:45 GMT
#10898
On September 12 2014 03:00 dravernor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2014 22:43 Velzi wrote:
Okey we have set up a meeting for tomorrow, although she feels a bit sick. She wasnt in school today so i guess wednesday's party went a bit long for her


Good luck!

Okey, as expected, when i wake up, she has send me a message via whatsapp that she feels sick still and she cant come. plus, she is sending her boyfriend to buy her tea and stuff to get rid of the flu. thx a lot omg.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you to their level and then beat you with experience. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/115305822 https://yasp.co/players/115305822
instantdry
Profile Joined September 2007
Canada308 Posts
September 12 2014 16:53 GMT
#10899
On September 12 2014 13:34 peanuts wrote:
Talked with my friend who I kinda had a thing with last year at school (talked about her in my blog). She's been liking all of the shit I post on FB and IG for the past weeks or so, so my friend pressured me into messaging her. We ended up chatting for a while and it went pretty well. She's gonna transfer schools, but is still at my old school for the semester. She talked about how she missed me and how she wished I would come down and visit. When we finally stopped talking, she told me that we had to talk again soon because she really missed chatting with me.

I know I should take it as a good sign, but i'm not sure what to do or how to feel. Last year, when it started to get serious, she backed out all of a sudden. I'm still head over heels for her, but i don't want to get too involved in case it ends poorly. Really debating making the drive down to PA to see her...


It seems like you over-pursued her last year.

Now that you are just living your life without her, she starts missing you (and thinking about you) and starts liking your facebook posts.

Check this video out:

dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
September 12 2014 16:57 GMT
#10900
On September 12 2014 15:45 Velzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2014 03:00 dravernor wrote:
On September 11 2014 22:43 Velzi wrote:
Okey we have set up a meeting for tomorrow, although she feels a bit sick. She wasnt in school today so i guess wednesday's party went a bit long for her


Good luck!

Okey, as expected, when i wake up, she has send me a message via whatsapp that she feels sick still and she cant come. plus, she is sending her boyfriend to buy her tea and stuff to get rid of the flu. thx a lot omg.

Well, shit. Sorry dude. I guess sometimes girls don't know how to tell a guy they're taken because they don't want you to think they're aware of you making a move. Mind games. They don't want you to think you can't be friends.
<3
Prev 1 543 544 545 546 547 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3957
Mong 76
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 41
Icarus 8
Noble 7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
Other Games
summit1g8180
WinterStarcraft609
ceh9305
Sick164
Happy50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Lourlo1007
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur565
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.