• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:16
CEST 05:16
KST 12:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6640 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 759

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 757 758 759 760 761 783 Next
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 16:12:23
February 13 2020 16:11 GMT
#15161
Asking your mother to return your keys everytime you use it is a reasonable demand. They are all independent adults (presumably). You seem to be thinking to terms of mother and child, not two grown adults. It is a normal course of respectful action that should happen automatically without having to be asked for. At the very least the key should be placed in a location where both can access the key after use.

If that isn't already occuring, then that suggest to me that he isn't in a position to make the demand i.e. physically on site to be able to receive the key.

What I want to know is what he meant by "sign the car out from me". If he meant transfer of ownership but keeping the keys, then that makes no sense at all for ownership is not transferred. If it is to demand that the keys are returned back to him after use, then that would suggest gobsmacking disrespect of an expensive and important piece of personal property by his mother that it needs to be asked at all in the first place.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 16:32:16
February 13 2020 16:31 GMT
#15162
He doesn't seem to be in a situation in which is practical for his mom to return the keys after each use.

I'm criticizing any solution that involves signing papers. Talking to her is the correct solution, but it also didn't work
Bora Pain minha porra!
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
March 01 2020 11:21 GMT
#15163
I'm getting hentai ads on TL, what's up with that? Is it something I did? Don't think I've watched any hentai recently
No will to live, no wish to die
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
March 01 2020 11:49 GMT
#15164
On March 01 2020 20:21 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm getting hentai ads on TL, what's up with that? Is it something I did? Don't think I've watched any hentai recently


Google knows...

Anyway, if it bugs you, post it here: https://tl.net/forum/website-feedback/312942-unacceptable-ads
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
March 03 2020 15:07 GMT
#15165
Ive been shotgunning job applications like a mad man, and I got an email from the Navy, which I cant even begin to remember if I applied to, and I cant find any record of me having applied to the Navy, not when, or where, or for what position on any of the job sites I was looking at.

I got an email from a Navy person talking about some sort of officer position and am confused. Should I email and ask what I applied for? What if I applied for it and I just forgot?!

What do.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
March 03 2020 15:12 GMT
#15166
In practical terms, when 5G becomes widespread, what will I be do with it that I can't do currently with 4G?

I started thinking on this after realizing that I can already watch streams and youtube at (current) maximum quality, download speed (mainly for apps) is already quite reasonable, and opening regular web pages is already near instantaneus.

My only "bottleneck" is the data plan (I have 8 gb/month, which is generally sufficient). Would this be presumably expanded (price constant) or cheapened (data constant) under a 5G network?
Bora Pain minha porra!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
March 03 2020 18:11 GMT
#15167
On March 04 2020 00:07 Zambrah wrote:
Ive been shotgunning job applications like a mad man, and I got an email from the Navy, which I cant even begin to remember if I applied to, and I cant find any record of me having applied to the Navy, not when, or where, or for what position on any of the job sites I was looking at.

I got an email from a Navy person talking about some sort of officer position and am confused. Should I email and ask what I applied for? What if I applied for it and I just forgot?!

What do.

I personally wouldn't take kindly to an applicant asking for info on the job "because he forgot". I'd take it as a sign of disinterest. However, asking for more information about the position without asking what you applied for is a way to get that same information and not give that vibe.

Alternatively, you can just show up to the interview without preparing and wing it. Depending how good your babble is, that can work too.

But if it is some kind of generic blabla email, then it could be fishing or spam, in which case you obviously shouldn't respond. Do they address you by name? Is it personalized? Does it come from an actual .gov email address (and not lkdnfflkakjd.cn hiding as a .gov as the reply-to). Does it have a specific job reference as the subject line or referenced within the email.

Also google whoever sent the email.

Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
March 03 2020 18:14 GMT
#15168
On March 04 2020 00:12 Sbrubbles wrote:
In practical terms, when 5G becomes widespread, what will I be do with it that I can't do currently with 4G?

I started thinking on this after realizing that I can already watch streams and youtube at (current) maximum quality, download speed (mainly for apps) is already quite reasonable, and opening regular web pages is already near instantaneus.

My only "bottleneck" is the data plan (I have 8 gb/month, which is generally sufficient). Would this be presumably expanded (price constant) or cheapened (data constant) under a 5G network?

As for the specific strategy of your provider with regard to pricing... you should probably just ask them.

As for use cases: didn't people ask this same thing when 4g became available? And then they started streaming video and playing realtime video games on it? Imho if you don't have a use-case for it, don't upgrade. If you are irritated by 4g being too slow for doing X, then upgrade.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-03 18:37:37
March 03 2020 18:30 GMT
#15169
On March 04 2020 03:14 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2020 00:12 Sbrubbles wrote:
In practical terms, when 5G becomes widespread, what will I be do with it that I can't do currently with 4G?

I started thinking on this after realizing that I can already watch streams and youtube at (current) maximum quality, download speed (mainly for apps) is already quite reasonable, and opening regular web pages is already near instantaneus.

My only "bottleneck" is the data plan (I have 8 gb/month, which is generally sufficient). Would this be presumably expanded (price constant) or cheapened (data constant) under a 5G network?

As for the specific strategy of your provider with regard to pricing... you should probably just ask them.

As for use cases: didn't people ask this same thing when 4g became available? And then they started streaming video and playing realtime video games on it? Imho if you don't have a use-case for it, don't upgrade. If you are irritated by 4g being too slow for doing X, then upgrade.


5g has yet to be offered by providers here in Brazil, and even if it was I'm asking more from a technological point of view: are there expected large costs savings specific to 5g that mean that in 1-4 years data volume itself will be cheaper and not just data speed?

About the transition to 4g, I used to complain about slow opening web pages (say, with lots of images) back in 3g days, and I used look at videos on my computer and say: I can't do this on my mobile. Even at the time the gains from 3g to 4g were clear in practical terms, at least to me. I can't do the same for 4g to 5g, so I'm asking here if anyone can point to some examples.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
March 03 2020 18:40 GMT
#15170
On March 04 2020 03:30 Sbrubbles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2020 03:14 Acrofales wrote:
On March 04 2020 00:12 Sbrubbles wrote:
In practical terms, when 5G becomes widespread, what will I be do with it that I can't do currently with 4G?

I started thinking on this after realizing that I can already watch streams and youtube at (current) maximum quality, download speed (mainly for apps) is already quite reasonable, and opening regular web pages is already near instantaneus.

My only "bottleneck" is the data plan (I have 8 gb/month, which is generally sufficient). Would this be presumably expanded (price constant) or cheapened (data constant) under a 5G network?

As for the specific strategy of your provider with regard to pricing... you should probably just ask them.

As for use cases: didn't people ask this same thing when 4g became available? And then they started streaming video and playing realtime video games on it? Imho if you don't have a use-case for it, don't upgrade. If you are irritated by 4g being too slow for doing X, then upgrade.


5g has yet to be offered by providers here in Brazil, and even if it was I'm asking more from a technological point of view: are there expected large costs savings that mean that in the medium term data volume itself will be cheaper and not just data speed?

About the transition to 4g, I used to complain about slow opening web pages (say, with lots of images) back in 3g days, and I used look at videos on my computer and say: I can't do this on my mobile. Even at the time the gains from 3g to 4g were clear in practical terms, at least to me. I can't do the same for 4g to 5g, so I'm asking here if anyone can point to some examples.


I don't think 5g is offered anywhere except in small pilots in specific areas. But from a technological PoV there are huge up-front costs for 5g, just as there were for rolling out 4g. It requires new, different, expensive antennas to be installed, and I'm sure the providers will want to get those costs back. How they plan on doing that? I don't know. I'd hope data volume will become cheaper, but I don't have much faith that will happen given how 4g was rolled out.

As for use cases, I agree with you that I don't see a use case right now. Then again, when 4g rolled around I didn't see a use case for it either. Eventually reality caught up though, and website design started taking high speed internet for granted, making 3g too slow to browse normally. Right now the only use-case I can think of is live streaming in HD, but unless data volume in mobile plans increases drastically I won't be able to do that anyway.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12008 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-03 18:51:11
March 03 2020 18:49 GMT
#15171
If i recall correctly, 5G also has significantly less latency in addition to higher data speeds, which could be relevant for some applications.

Honestly, i probably don't need it right away, i barely use my phone data right now anyways. But i think use cases will turn up. They always have with the computer industry. There was a time when people thought you would never need more than 32 MB of RAM. There was a time where i couldn't even imagine needing more than 1k basic DSL home internet speeds.

Maybe stuff like the google stadia will be where it's at for mobile stuff. Letting stationary data centers do the complex calculations, and just transfer the results via high speed low latency connections. Might not work perfectly for games which require really low latencies, but i can totally see it being a thing. Could also make phones a lot cheaper because you don't need to carry all of the processing power around.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10958 Posts
March 03 2020 19:05 GMT
#15172
On March 01 2020 20:21 Nebuchad wrote:
I'm getting hentai ads on TL, what's up with that? Is it something I did? Don't think I've watched any hentai recently


TL adds are a serious mistery. No idea where they come from but i don't get that pure bs anywhere else.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 11 2020 01:35 GMT
#15173
--- Nuked ---
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
March 11 2020 07:06 GMT
#15174
On March 11 2020 10:35 JimmiC wrote:
We just had a Popeye's open, what should my first order be? And why?

A can of spinach. Because it allows you to kick Bluto's ass.
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
March 11 2020 18:08 GMT
#15175
Is there anything you can do after ingesting harmful bacteria? We ate some enoki mushrooms for dinner and on that very same day there was CDC recall due to listeria. FML
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
March 11 2020 20:17 GMT
#15176
On March 12 2020 03:08 Starlightsun wrote:
Is there anything you can do after ingesting harmful bacteria? We ate some enoki mushrooms for dinner and on that very same day there was CDC recall due to listeria. FML


If you are sure you ingested something you shouldn't have, you should probably go to a hospital. In your specific case, contacting the CDC and asking them what to do might also be an option.
Bora Pain minha porra!
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
March 12 2020 02:08 GMT
#15177
You’re probably fine. If not you’ll know very shortly.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7413 Posts
March 12 2020 06:22 GMT
#15178
On March 12 2020 03:08 Starlightsun wrote:
Is there anything you can do after ingesting harmful bacteria? We ate some enoki mushrooms for dinner and on that very same day there was CDC recall due to listeria. FML


You could make it go through faster with some laxative before it gets fully digested. Probably not the solution you are looking for
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
March 12 2020 07:43 GMT
#15179
On March 12 2020 15:22 Harris1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2020 03:08 Starlightsun wrote:
Is there anything you can do after ingesting harmful bacteria? We ate some enoki mushrooms for dinner and on that very same day there was CDC recall due to listeria. FML


You could make it go through faster with some laxative before it gets fully digested. Probably not the solution you are looking for

The actual advice here should be: go to the emergency room. Or the earlier advice of phoning the CDC first and asking them what to do. Don't just take laxatives, which seem like speeding it out of the wrong orifice anyway: an emetic would be the better option. But medics in the emergency room can no doubt make better decisions than the internet!
tilupeza
Profile Joined March 2020
Russian Federation2 Posts
March 12 2020 07:48 GMT
#15180
will all major sporting events in the world be canceled?
Prev 1 757 758 759 760 761 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2394
Noble 11
NotJumperer 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever919
NeuroSwarm198
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft205
Other Games
summit1g6561
Coldzera 773
JimRising 645
C9.Mang0376
PiGStarcraft270
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1005
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream292
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo704
• Rush217
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 45m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.