• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:02
CEST 16:02
KST 23:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6591 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 757

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 755 756 757 758 759 783 Next
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
February 05 2020 17:15 GMT
#15121
When I was on a vct tile flooring team the tile laying guys wore thick ass knee pads with skates on them to make laying tile as minimally destructive as possible and their knees still looked like basketballs.

The joints in my hands got swollen, and it took concerted effort to flex or extend them.

Manual labor definitely stinks, although it does have that sort of "hard work, done well" feeling to it, but that's at least partially informed by exhaustion imo
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
February 05 2020 19:28 GMT
#15122
I really didn't know how much cushioning was done to lessen the strain on the body for manual labor.
Do people get infosessions, or is it more of a "deal with the issues when they pop up" kind of thing?
Taxes are for Terrans
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 05 2020 19:38 GMT
#15123
There are probably close to at least one billion manual laborers on this planet, I would guess some have training beforehand while others learn as they go.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
February 05 2020 19:45 GMT
#15124
eh, I was one of those "pick up streetside" type guys, anything learned was by the good graces of the rest of the crew.


I have a question, I think I have uvulitis and it makes sleeping seem really hard to impossible, does anyone know a way to make my throat allow the passage of air?

Im ordering ice cream, so thats my first guest, and I have no car or access to any typical over the counter anti-inflammatorys (that I cant find, I thought I always kept a big thing of acetominophen but fuck me if I can find it in my rats nest of a room right now.)
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
February 05 2020 20:21 GMT
#15125
Oh god, the US health system makes me weep that in every international forum I see desperate Americans asking for free and unfiltered medical advice. You can trust this source of information.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sore-throat/

As an aside, during my first aid training, if you ever want to open up your throat all you have to do is raise your china and tilt the head back. This is not medical advice.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-05 20:34:10
February 05 2020 20:31 GMT
#15126
On February 06 2020 05:21 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Oh god, the US health system makes me weep that in every international forum I see desperate Americans asking for free and unfiltered medical advice. You can trust this source of information.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sore-throat/

As an aside, during my first aid training, if you ever want to open up your throat all you have to do is raise your china and tilt the head back. This is not medical advice.


Hey, that's a pretty cool site. It's like a big list of simple facts you learn from your mother
Bora Pain minha porra!
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
February 05 2020 20:41 GMT
#15127
I guess you could try anti-inflammatory herbs or natural products.
Start drinking huge amounts of green tea infused with curcumin or something lol.
Taxes are for Terrans
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-05 20:48:20
February 05 2020 20:48 GMT
#15128
--- Nuked ---
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 05 2020 21:02 GMT
#15129
China can be slang for high quality powder heroin, so maybe he’s suggesting a nice dope toast!
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
February 05 2020 21:32 GMT
#15130
--- Nuked ---
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-06 09:44:33
February 06 2020 08:20 GMT
#15131
i unseated my processor and gpu to dust them out.

when i turned my computer back on EVERYTHING runs slow. even when im trying to type this out its just incredibly laggy. could it be that i didnt seat the processor back in properly?

could the slowness of my PC be linked to me damaging my processor? if so how would i go to fix it? or am i just FUCKED??

edit: okay i refitted my processor casue one of the screws was loose and that was it.
Skol
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
February 06 2020 09:48 GMT
#15132
I did hard manual labor for like 10 years, it was definitely a blessing for my body, made me really strong. I don't have the 'ripped gym' type of body, but a lot of functional strength, and I think out of every person I know in real life, I might just have the best 'in shape compared to hours spent exercising-ratio'.

But reasons why it was great for me and not great as a rule are:
I worked part time, guessing average 20-25 hour weeks rather than 35-40+ hour weeks, with a couple days per week being very intense, but only 5 hours long. I was working part time while studying full time most of the time, but I would also work full time during summers and stuff like that, and noticed a very, very big difference in how tired it made me.
My job was very varied, not just the same lifts over and over
I was conscious to use it as a workout - and made sure to relax outside work
In Norway we have a lot of breaks (5 hour working day would have 30 or 45 minutes paid breaks), and at least at my workplace, we were genuinely highly encouraged to stop working immediately and take a day or two off if we feel back pain beyond a regular feeling of being tired - bosses understood that tackling the problem early on was way preferable to people developing back problems).
Workplace focused on us having proper posture (although, to be fair, sometimes we worked too fast to really care), they'd have inspectors walking around checking up on us once per year or whatever.
I stopped when I was like 32, and at that point, I could already feel that it was a bit more straining than it used to be during my 20s.

So while certain forms of hard manual labor has the potential to be a great workout, it turns into back-breaking rather than back-strengthening if you : do it for too many hours per week (and a regular full time working week is too many), for too many years (body recovers much better during your 20s than in your 40s+), if you work in a too exploitative work environment, and /or if it's really repetitive. Personally I'm really glad for the experience and I liked it a lot. There were also like 3 different occasions during those 10 years where I lifted wrongly or too heavily and got lumbago - Norway having good sick leave laws meaning I didn't have to go back to work until I had properly healed was essential for me not developing any longer term issues.
Moderator
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7414 Posts
February 06 2020 16:06 GMT
#15133
On February 05 2020 23:16 Uldridge wrote:
I always hear about people doing (hard) manual labor get issues. Especially back issues from beding; or joint issues.
However, isn't what they're doing basically a workout? If they simply use correct posture, and dont overdo themselves, they should have ripped backs, no?


Pretty much everything of not absolutely everything can damage your body if done excessively
I mean, things like sitting too long or even lieing too long can be bad

That said, I think whe you are young and energetic, manual labor can be a blessing for your body. I knew guys that have been going to the gym after hours of labour to shapen their bodies right. And man, Michael Phelps looked like a joke compared to them. But it all goes downhill mid 30's (backs and knees first) when you body is slow to recover
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 09 2020 18:30 GMT
#15134
Manual labour also can exacerbate any conditions you already have or were already susceptible to. For example my wrists were already weakened playing games my entire teenage life and manual labour has certainly made that worse
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
redlightdistrict
Profile Joined October 2018
382 Posts
February 10 2020 22:45 GMT
#15135
How did the @ sign go from being the least used symbol on the typewriter to the most used symbol on the keyboard? Who came up with the two letter word "at" needing to be abbreviated? It's more pragmatic to type at than hit caps lock 2 for @
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
February 10 2020 23:20 GMT
#15136
--- Nuked ---
Von Sabrewulf
Profile Joined February 2020
1 Post
February 11 2020 00:58 GMT
#15137
This ist really a stupid question but I have no idea where else to ask this. Where do I go to apply to get sponsored by Team Liquid?
redlightdistrict
Profile Joined October 2018
382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-11 01:26:09
February 11 2020 01:02 GMT
#15138
On February 11 2020 09:58 Von Sabrewulf wrote:
This ist really a stupid question but I have no idea where else to ask this. Where do I go to apply to get sponsored by Team Liquid?

I would imangine Liquid Nazgul or Sir Scoots would be your best bet. Unless Scoots is still EG, idk
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
February 11 2020 01:07 GMT
#15139
--- Nuked ---
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
February 12 2020 15:08 GMT
#15140
How do Americans know how to pronounce Buttigieg?
You're now breathing manually
Prev 1 755 756 757 758 759 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3180
Jaedong 2882
Leta 2283
Soulkey 1913
EffOrt 1077
Soma 715
Mini 527
Horang2 374
BeSt 315
Light 300
[ Show more ]
Stork 270
Rush 262
Larva 229
Snow 195
ggaemo 155
hero 128
Killer 120
Barracks 111
Zeus 106
firebathero 99
JYJ 98
Sea.KH 67
Mong 62
Sharp 42
Shinee 37
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Aegong 28
sorry 20
zelot 20
Sexy 18
Shine 12
Rock 12
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 8
Sacsri 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6873
qojqva1400
Dendi759
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
Fnx 606
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4392
Khaldor210
Other Games
gofns45440
singsing1711
olofmeister1259
B2W.Neo863
byalli573
Lowko393
DeMusliM195
mouzStarbuck168
Liquid`VortiX146
Livibee123
OGKoka 90
ArmadaUGS84
amsayoshi14
Railgan9
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV327
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV368
League of Legends
• Nemesis1845
• Jankos1715
• TFBlade390
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 58m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.