• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:47
CEST 04:47
KST 11:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8606 users

The Letting Off Steam Thread - Page 97

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 257 Next
skiersteve
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom268 Posts
June 12 2012 20:51 GMT
#1921
+ Show Spoiler +
found out yesterday my grandad has cancer and has anywhere from 3 to 6 months to live ... life really is so cruel i love him so much my family is devestated
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
June 12 2012 23:53 GMT
#1922
+ Show Spoiler +
So I go to a work night out and my ex that broke up with me maybe a month ago is there, I avoid her for a bit but eventually since we're on the same lane playing bowling, she starts a conversation. She chastises me for making things awkward between us at work and (I'm in a good mood) I respond in a cheerily honest sort of way, I say yeah I know I'm sorry that I've been a bit off but it's been really hard on me, because she was the best thing that ever happened to me and then she left with little explanation beyond 'it doesn't feel the same', and expected me to go straight to being friends with her. I say I do try and be a man about it and I do have cordial conversations with her but, like it or not, I still miss her sometimes and it hurts to have her around.
All through this, as said, I'm not being too serious about it, making jokes, and she's even laughing at some of them, everything is cool, I say we can be friends, we hug, I promise not to make things awkward and drop it.
However earlier I heard her talking to a mate of mine about someone at work who fancies her...I can't help but listen and whoever it is is always saying how hot she is and how nice she is. She seems to be asking because she's interested. It's unpleasant to hear, so I make a point of saying to her that I'm sure she's moved on as she's a beautiful girl and there's probably a mile long queue of lads waiting for a chance, but really I'd rather not hear about it. I don't want to come into the staff room anymore and hear about her dates or guys that make her 'heart beat faster'. It's inconsiderate. She says that's cool bro and we smile, continue bowling and have a fun time.

I go out for a cigarette five minutes later and come back and one of my mates, a bit of a lad, has a different girlfriend every month, has his arms around her and is whispering in her ear. She looks at me briefly, with perhaps a shade of guilt, but then sits on his lap with her arm around him. His hands are roaming over her legs and waist. Not three feet away from me. I look away and pretend like it ain't no thing. But it's a thing.
I can't help it. I'm shaking with fury and jealousy my face feels flushed and I'm breathing heavily. I'm focusing on nothing but staring straight ahead and not turning around. The image of his hands over her is burning in my mind. A friend of mine leans over and says 'that's a bit out of order ennit?' nodding towards them and I force a smile and tell him hey a little bit but what business is it of mine? It's cool man I don't mind at all!
I had to leave and I strolled as nonchalantly as possible over to the toilet. As I walk past she is kissing him. I go into a cubicle and wait until I am sure the toilet is empty before punching the fuck out of the cubicle wall, I'm not thinking I'm just so full of bitterness and anger so suddenly, and I dent the wall a couple of times and I think do some damage to my hand, the knuckle is a bit swollen and it hurts like a bugger. It's stupid and childish but I'm seeing red, my knees are shaking and it feels like my chest is full of hot lead.

I know it's irrational. I know she's not mine anymore and she's free to do what she wants and I shouldn't care all too much. But it's out of my control, my brain is flooded with chemicals that are telling me to lay him out, he's a snake he's a cunt. But I like the guy. I can't blame him. I can't blame anyone. No one's done anything wrong. So why do I feel so fucking indescribably jealous; jealous isn't even the word it's too powerful for that. I'm incensed and I hate myself for it because it's stupid but I can't do anything about it.

I go outside to calm down and breathe deeply for a while, in through the nose out through the mouth, my feet are tapping with agitation. Ten minutes pass and they come out, together. Please no, I think. She's going home with him. I'm not angry with either of them, I'm just angry. At myself maybe.
For the rest of the night I think of little else, although I try to distract myself. The feeling in my chest doesn't go away. The flush in my cheeks is still there. An hour and a half later he's back. I try not to think
I confided in a couple of people and they sort of understood. I'm not going to let on to either her or him how shitty this is for me. I'm trying to - instead of putting it out of my mind - confront it and come to terms with it. It is, after all, not a rational feeling. She's not my girlfriend. I'd always hoped that whatever guy she moved on to wasn't a coworker because I knew it'd be hard. I'm going to have to deal with it, and I'm going to have to deal with people talking about it.

All my workmates are going for a few more drinks in the pub. I make excuses and get a taxi, as I go the guy looks over, waves and says see you later pal. I give a grin back and yeah have a good one...pal. SIGH. Can't be angry at him specifically. Not his fault. Not her fault. Just feel awful.

In short, FUCK. FUCKING HELL WHAT THE FUCK AARGH. I'm calming down a little writing this. Sorry for essay if anyone read it.
rufflesQueso
Profile Joined May 2012
100 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 00:29:13
June 13 2012 00:28 GMT
#1923
+ Show Spoiler +
NA Ladder is full of insecure little kids that BM like no tomorrow.

Prevalent in basically every fucking league.

After so many CombatEX/Deezer wannabes going EZ EZ EZ, shit gets so fucking annoying.

OH ALSO FUCK MY BOSS FOR LAYING ME OFF.

JUST CUZ THAT OTHER CHICK BE SUCKIN YO DICK DOESNT MEAN SHES MORE QUALIFIED.
Xenocryst
Profile Joined December 2010
United States521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:57:32
June 13 2012 02:28 GMT
#1924
+ Show Spoiler +
I FUCKING HATE THE WORD ESPORTS. STARCRAFT IS NOT A SPORT AND CALLING IT A SPORT JUST REINFORCES THE STEREOTYPES PEOPLE HAVE ABOUT GAMERS CALL IT WHAT IT IS: COMPETITION NOT A SPORT.


+ Show Spoiler +
Cant fucking believe I just lost the girl of my dreams. We've been best friends for like 6 months and she tells me she loves me all the time and even kisses me sometimes(in a friendly way, not passionately) I had all the signs but i was too much of a pussy to do it and then some loser asks her out and says yes. I love her so much but lost her because i was too scared to capitalize. seriously fuck me. If i could punch myself in the face without feeling retarded I would.
Xenocryst
Profile Joined December 2010
United States521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:30:37
June 13 2012 02:30 GMT
#1925
On June 13 2012 05:51 skiersteve wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
found out yesterday my grandad has cancer and has anywhere from 3 to 6 months to live ... life really is so cruel i love him so much my family is devestated

.+ Show Spoiler +
Sucks man my grandpa just passed away from cancer last week and my grandma is coming right along behind him it's terrible. stay strong son.
Wafflelisk
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada1061 Posts
June 13 2012 03:00 GMT
#1926
On June 13 2012 11:30 Xenocryst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 05:51 skiersteve wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
found out yesterday my grandad has cancer and has anywhere from 3 to 6 months to live ... life really is so cruel i love him so much my family is devestated

.+ Show Spoiler +
Sucks man my grandpa just passed away from cancer last week and my grandma is coming right along behind him it's terrible. stay strong son.


+ Show Spoiler +
my grandfather died bout 2 weeks ago idk what else to say >.<

Waffles > Pancakes
Xenocryst
Profile Joined December 2010
United States521 Posts
June 13 2012 03:04 GMT
#1927
On June 13 2012 12:00 Wafflelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:30 Xenocryst wrote:
On June 13 2012 05:51 skiersteve wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
found out yesterday my grandad has cancer and has anywhere from 3 to 6 months to live ... life really is so cruel i love him so much my family is devestated

.+ Show Spoiler +
Sucks man my grandpa just passed away from cancer last week and my grandma is coming right along behind him it's terrible. stay strong son.


+ Show Spoiler +
my grandfather died bout 2 weeks ago idk what else to say >.<




+ Show Spoiler +
Only one thing we can do, Stay strong son.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
June 13 2012 03:18 GMT
#1928
+ Show Spoiler +
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, FUCKING STUPID GIRLFRIEND'S BEST FRIEND KEEPS TAGGING ALONG AND KEEPS FUCKING EVERYTHING UP, ALSO A HUGE FUCKING COCKBLOCKER, LOOK WE'VE BEEN DATING FOR 2 MONTHS NOW WE DONT NEED A FUCKING THIRD WHEEL YOU CLINGY MOTHERFUCKER. I DON'T FUCKING MIND YOU COMING ALONG, BUT THE PART WHERE YOU PRETTY MUCH MAKE EVERYTHING LESS FUCKING ROMANTIC AND FUN IS, JESUS ANNOYING AS SHIT. IF YOU WERE A GUY I WOULD FUCKING PUNCH THE SHIT OUT OF YOU BUT NOOOOO, YOU'RE NOT. YOU'RE A COMPLETELY RETARDED SHITHEAD WHO ONLY KNOWS HOW TO FUCK THINGS UP FOR ME.

THANKS A LOT, SHITHEAD.
Tuskon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States86 Posts
June 13 2012 04:00 GMT
#1929
+ Show Spoiler +
So i was in a shit situation, i couldn't find a job and i was staying with my parents. They were getting pissed because it had been 3 months and i wasn't able to get one. It wasn't that i wasn't trying, it was that 99% of the jobs out there had 40+ people trying to get them and i don't have much experience. So my parents tell me that they're kicking me out, just my luck that same day i get a call for a job interview and am most likely gonne get the job. So i got my parents to let me stay one more night and went to the interview and got the job. A week later the boss calls me into his office and tells me i'm suspended because the background check came up with a misdemeanor i have from 6 years ago (vandalism charge from a REALLY overzealous cop trying to meet his quota). What i didn't realize is that on the job application they asked if i commited ANY crimes, not just Felonies (like EVERY other place i applied to). So i get suspended for 5days, come back 5days later and i'm fired.
I ended up calling my friend and he said that if i could make it out to him (in another state) that he'd put me up and give me a job (at a fast food place, but it's still a job). He was telling me how his friend is gonna hook him up with a nice big job in Texas sometime in August and how he could totally get me in on it. So with the paycheck i got from my week of working i take a train and as much stuff as i can out to him. I get out there and its all cool, we get to his place and its very spartan for furniture (which i don't mind i brought an air matress to sleep on). I'm supposed to share a bathroom with him and i go to use it and i open the door and find the floor is covered (and i mean fucking COVERED) in dog shit from his Min-Pin, his toilet looks like it threw up on itself and the shower doesn't look any better. I tell him i'm not using that shit til he cleans it (that was 2 weeks ago). Last night he cleaned it finally and i was able to take a decent shower (had just been using a wash cloth and the sink in the kitchen before). As i'm laying in bed last night he comes over and sits next to me and tells me he got a message from his friend and that its most likely that the nice big job in Texas isn't going to happen and that he didn't really wanna do it anyways. So here i am, stuck in another state with only a little bit of money to my name and idk wtf to do. He basically led me along with a string of lies to help him feed himself (i got foodstamps and have been getting food with it because i didn't have any money to feed myself) and pay part of the rent ($150 of my $300 first check). All the while i burns his money paying for his (married to another guy) girlfriend's phone, liquor and drugs (mostly weed and some cough syrup).

So idk wtf to do, i get paid again on the 18th and its probably gonna be another $300 check and that'd bring me up to ~$400 to do/go somewhere with. I'm almost positive that my parents won't allow me back with them and i don't have any family or other friends i can stay with, so i'm basically SOL.
Xenocryst
Profile Joined December 2010
United States521 Posts
June 13 2012 05:33 GMT
#1930
On June 13 2012 13:00 Tuskon wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So i was in a shit situation, i couldn't find a job and i was staying with my parents. They were getting pissed because it had been 3 months and i wasn't able to get one. It wasn't that i wasn't trying, it was that 99% of the jobs out there had 40+ people trying to get them and i don't have much experience. So my parents tell me that they're kicking me out, just my luck that same day i get a call for a job interview and am most likely gonne get the job. So i got my parents to let me stay one more night and went to the interview and got the job. A week later the boss calls me into his office and tells me i'm suspended because the background check came up with a misdemeanor i have from 6 years ago (vandalism charge from a REALLY overzealous cop trying to meet his quota). What i didn't realize is that on the job application they asked if i commited ANY crimes, not just Felonies (like EVERY other place i applied to). So i get suspended for 5days, come back 5days later and i'm fired.
I ended up calling my friend and he said that if i could make it out to him (in another state) that he'd put me up and give me a job (at a fast food place, but it's still a job). He was telling me how his friend is gonna hook him up with a nice big job in Texas sometime in August and how he could totally get me in on it. So with the paycheck i got from my week of working i take a train and as much stuff as i can out to him. I get out there and its all cool, we get to his place and its very spartan for furniture (which i don't mind i brought an air matress to sleep on). I'm supposed to share a bathroom with him and i go to use it and i open the door and find the floor is covered (and i mean fucking COVERED) in dog shit from his Min-Pin, his toilet looks like it threw up on itself and the shower doesn't look any better. I tell him i'm not using that shit til he cleans it (that was 2 weeks ago). Last night he cleaned it finally and i was able to take a decent shower (had just been using a wash cloth and the sink in the kitchen before). As i'm laying in bed last night he comes over and sits next to me and tells me he got a message from his friend and that its most likely that the nice big job in Texas isn't going to happen and that he didn't really wanna do it anyways. So here i am, stuck in another state with only a little bit of money to my name and idk wtf to do. He basically led me along with a string of lies to help him feed himself (i got foodstamps and have been getting food with it because i didn't have any money to feed myself) and pay part of the rent ($150 of my $300 first check). All the while i burns his money paying for his (married to another guy) girlfriend's phone, liquor and drugs (mostly weed and some cough syrup).

So idk wtf to do, i get paid again on the 18th and its probably gonna be another $300 check and that'd bring me up to ~$400 to do/go somewhere with. I'm almost positive that my parents won't allow me back with them and i don't have any family or other friends i can stay with, so i'm basically SOL.


+ Show Spoiler +
That's fucked up man. hope you get back on your feet soon.
Fumanchu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada669 Posts
June 13 2012 07:54 GMT
#1931
On June 13 2012 08:53 The KY wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So I go to a work night out and my ex that broke up with me maybe a month ago is there, I avoid her for a bit but eventually since we're on the same lane playing bowling, she starts a conversation. She chastises me for making things awkward between us at work and (I'm in a good mood) I respond in a cheerily honest sort of way, I say yeah I know I'm sorry that I've been a bit off but it's been really hard on me, because she was the best thing that ever happened to me and then she left with little explanation beyond 'it doesn't feel the same', and expected me to go straight to being friends with her. I say I do try and be a man about it and I do have cordial conversations with her but, like it or not, I still miss her sometimes and it hurts to have her around.
All through this, as said, I'm not being too serious about it, making jokes, and she's even laughing at some of them, everything is cool, I say we can be friends, we hug, I promise not to make things awkward and drop it.
However earlier I heard her talking to a mate of mine about someone at work who fancies her...I can't help but listen and whoever it is is always saying how hot she is and how nice she is. She seems to be asking because she's interested. It's unpleasant to hear, so I make a point of saying to her that I'm sure she's moved on as she's a beautiful girl and there's probably a mile long queue of lads waiting for a chance, but really I'd rather not hear about it. I don't want to come into the staff room anymore and hear about her dates or guys that make her 'heart beat faster'. It's inconsiderate. She says that's cool bro and we smile, continue bowling and have a fun time.

I go out for a cigarette five minutes later and come back and one of my mates, a bit of a lad, has a different girlfriend every month, has his arms around her and is whispering in her ear. She looks at me briefly, with perhaps a shade of guilt, but then sits on his lap with her arm around him. His hands are roaming over her legs and waist. Not three feet away from me. I look away and pretend like it ain't no thing. But it's a thing.
I can't help it. I'm shaking with fury and jealousy my face feels flushed and I'm breathing heavily. I'm focusing on nothing but staring straight ahead and not turning around. The image of his hands over her is burning in my mind. A friend of mine leans over and says 'that's a bit out of order ennit?' nodding towards them and I force a smile and tell him hey a little bit but what business is it of mine? It's cool man I don't mind at all!
I had to leave and I strolled as nonchalantly as possible over to the toilet. As I walk past she is kissing him. I go into a cubicle and wait until I am sure the toilet is empty before punching the fuck out of the cubicle wall, I'm not thinking I'm just so full of bitterness and anger so suddenly, and I dent the wall a couple of times and I think do some damage to my hand, the knuckle is a bit swollen and it hurts like a bugger. It's stupid and childish but I'm seeing red, my knees are shaking and it feels like my chest is full of hot lead.

I know it's irrational. I know she's not mine anymore and she's free to do what she wants and I shouldn't care all too much. But it's out of my control, my brain is flooded with chemicals that are telling me to lay him out, he's a snake he's a cunt. But I like the guy. I can't blame him. I can't blame anyone. No one's done anything wrong. So why do I feel so fucking indescribably jealous; jealous isn't even the word it's too powerful for that. I'm incensed and I hate myself for it because it's stupid but I can't do anything about it.

I go outside to calm down and breathe deeply for a while, in through the nose out through the mouth, my feet are tapping with agitation. Ten minutes pass and they come out, together. Please no, I think. She's going home with him. I'm not angry with either of them, I'm just angry. At myself maybe.
For the rest of the night I think of little else, although I try to distract myself. The feeling in my chest doesn't go away. The flush in my cheeks is still there. An hour and a half later he's back. I try not to think
I confided in a couple of people and they sort of understood. I'm not going to let on to either her or him how shitty this is for me. I'm trying to - instead of putting it out of my mind - confront it and come to terms with it. It is, after all, not a rational feeling. She's not my girlfriend. I'd always hoped that whatever guy she moved on to wasn't a coworker because I knew it'd be hard. I'm going to have to deal with it, and I'm going to have to deal with people talking about it.

All my workmates are going for a few more drinks in the pub. I make excuses and get a taxi, as I go the guy looks over, waves and says see you later pal. I give a grin back and yeah have a good one...pal. SIGH. Can't be angry at him specifically. Not his fault. Not her fault. Just feel awful.

In short, FUCK. FUCKING HELL WHAT THE FUCK AARGH. I'm calming down a little writing this. Sorry for essay if anyone read it.


+ Show Spoiler +
Dude you are taking this way better than I would have. Props to you for being able to hold it in as much as you did. If it was me, I absolutely would have laid that guy out. You said he's one of your mates? Friends don't date friends exes. Period. If, and this is a huge if, this guy felt genuine feelings of out of this world crazy love for her, then maybe. But even then, the guy should go to you first and explain the situation. And if you say it's not cool, then he backs off. Simple as that. But that's just the way it works with me and my friends. Life must kind of suck right now, but as soon as you meet someone else, and you will, then things will get infinitely better. Hang in there bro!
Easy doesnt fit into grownup life.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
June 13 2012 08:52 GMT
#1932
+ Show Spoiler +

damn man, a few years ago, it was all cool and awesome if you studied overseas, no matter what kind of grades you got, what uni you grad from, it didn't matter that much because it shows you have experience in oversea and able to open your eyes and broaden your experience etc.
But somehow now everyone is studying aboard and grades and stuff everything matters again. If you don't get good grades in oversea uni, you are f-ed. They would think you are not good enough to study in Hong Kong Uni and just laid back in oversea uni.
the worst part is that most chinese (or indon) here are just sticking as a group, either extremely lazy chilling, partying, buying audi cars and houses, getting average grades. They don't even speak english at all, but because they get private tutors who have exam notes and sometimes do their assignments for them for a price (not tutor from their own uni), they are getting same grades as me.
FFFF (not racists against chinese or indon, it's just they tend to hang out with their own nationality)
Studying abroad will broaden your vision? Does not matter a single bit if you don't have any grades to back up your CV

Great, so now the economy is crashing, and going to be this way for a while. I am not good enough to go master because firstly I am not smart enough, secondly I chose difficult units like econmetrics to get a minor that actually don't matter so much, thirdly I am just not too hardwork enough.
If I knew what units you did in uni didn't matter, I would have picked the easy ones. Seriously, tonnes of people here just do japanese and chinese to pull up their marks because they actually know the language themselves.

Need work for experience, need experience for work....jesus. what's wrong with this world.
Now I just hope to find a stable job that won't kick me out for no reason, especially I had a record of missing one year of uni because my UK visa had problem and I had to study in another country from first year again (I was in 2nd year in UK)
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
June 13 2012 11:02 GMT
#1933
On June 13 2012 16:54 Fumanchu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 08:53 The KY wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So I go to a work night out and my ex that broke up with me maybe a month ago is there, I avoid her for a bit but eventually since we're on the same lane playing bowling, she starts a conversation. She chastises me for making things awkward between us at work and (I'm in a good mood) I respond in a cheerily honest sort of way, I say yeah I know I'm sorry that I've been a bit off but it's been really hard on me, because she was the best thing that ever happened to me and then she left with little explanation beyond 'it doesn't feel the same', and expected me to go straight to being friends with her. I say I do try and be a man about it and I do have cordial conversations with her but, like it or not, I still miss her sometimes and it hurts to have her around.
All through this, as said, I'm not being too serious about it, making jokes, and she's even laughing at some of them, everything is cool, I say we can be friends, we hug, I promise not to make things awkward and drop it.
However earlier I heard her talking to a mate of mine about someone at work who fancies her...I can't help but listen and whoever it is is always saying how hot she is and how nice she is. She seems to be asking because she's interested. It's unpleasant to hear, so I make a point of saying to her that I'm sure she's moved on as she's a beautiful girl and there's probably a mile long queue of lads waiting for a chance, but really I'd rather not hear about it. I don't want to come into the staff room anymore and hear about her dates or guys that make her 'heart beat faster'. It's inconsiderate. She says that's cool bro and we smile, continue bowling and have a fun time.

I go out for a cigarette five minutes later and come back and one of my mates, a bit of a lad, has a different girlfriend every month, has his arms around her and is whispering in her ear. She looks at me briefly, with perhaps a shade of guilt, but then sits on his lap with her arm around him. His hands are roaming over her legs and waist. Not three feet away from me. I look away and pretend like it ain't no thing. But it's a thing.
I can't help it. I'm shaking with fury and jealousy my face feels flushed and I'm breathing heavily. I'm focusing on nothing but staring straight ahead and not turning around. The image of his hands over her is burning in my mind. A friend of mine leans over and says 'that's a bit out of order ennit?' nodding towards them and I force a smile and tell him hey a little bit but what business is it of mine? It's cool man I don't mind at all!
I had to leave and I strolled as nonchalantly as possible over to the toilet. As I walk past she is kissing him. I go into a cubicle and wait until I am sure the toilet is empty before punching the fuck out of the cubicle wall, I'm not thinking I'm just so full of bitterness and anger so suddenly, and I dent the wall a couple of times and I think do some damage to my hand, the knuckle is a bit swollen and it hurts like a bugger. It's stupid and childish but I'm seeing red, my knees are shaking and it feels like my chest is full of hot lead.

I know it's irrational. I know she's not mine anymore and she's free to do what she wants and I shouldn't care all too much. But it's out of my control, my brain is flooded with chemicals that are telling me to lay him out, he's a snake he's a cunt. But I like the guy. I can't blame him. I can't blame anyone. No one's done anything wrong. So why do I feel so fucking indescribably jealous; jealous isn't even the word it's too powerful for that. I'm incensed and I hate myself for it because it's stupid but I can't do anything about it.

I go outside to calm down and breathe deeply for a while, in through the nose out through the mouth, my feet are tapping with agitation. Ten minutes pass and they come out, together. Please no, I think. She's going home with him. I'm not angry with either of them, I'm just angry. At myself maybe.
For the rest of the night I think of little else, although I try to distract myself. The feeling in my chest doesn't go away. The flush in my cheeks is still there. An hour and a half later he's back. I try not to think
I confided in a couple of people and they sort of understood. I'm not going to let on to either her or him how shitty this is for me. I'm trying to - instead of putting it out of my mind - confront it and come to terms with it. It is, after all, not a rational feeling. She's not my girlfriend. I'd always hoped that whatever guy she moved on to wasn't a coworker because I knew it'd be hard. I'm going to have to deal with it, and I'm going to have to deal with people talking about it.

All my workmates are going for a few more drinks in the pub. I make excuses and get a taxi, as I go the guy looks over, waves and says see you later pal. I give a grin back and yeah have a good one...pal. SIGH. Can't be angry at him specifically. Not his fault. Not her fault. Just feel awful.

In short, FUCK. FUCKING HELL WHAT THE FUCK AARGH. I'm calming down a little writing this. Sorry for essay if anyone read it.


+ Show Spoiler +
Dude you are taking this way better than I would have. Props to you for being able to hold it in as much as you did. If it was me, I absolutely would have laid that guy out. You said he's one of your mates? Friends don't date friends exes. Period. If, and this is a huge if, this guy felt genuine feelings of out of this world crazy love for her, then maybe. But even then, the guy should go to you first and explain the situation. And if you say it's not cool, then he backs off. Simple as that. But that's just the way it works with me and my friends. Life must kind of suck right now, but as soon as you meet someone else, and you will, then things will get infinitely better. Hang in there bro!


+ Show Spoiler +
Thank you. He's not exactly a close friend or I'd expect the same as you but even so I'm going to have to pull him aside at some point and tell him that I don't wanna hear or see a damn thing about it, and if I do then I am liable to lose control. I don't expect I'll be going for any drinks with him again any time soon.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
June 13 2012 11:23 GMT
#1934
+ Show Spoiler +
FUCKING TREASURE GOBLINS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT TREASURE GOBLINS

[image loading]
oh hai dont mind me im just a ranged class rofl i never lose trasure goblins lololol

FUCK YOU

ITS LIKE OH LOOK A TREASURE GOBLIN, MARTTORN THE MONK GETS FUCKED IN THE MOUTH

AND WITH A DH ITS LIKE OH LOOK A TREASURE GOBLIN, THANKS FUCKING BLIZZARD I GET FREE SHIT

[image loading]
FUCK YOU
memes are a dish best served dank
D4V3Z02
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany693 Posts
June 13 2012 12:04 GMT
#1935
+ Show Spoiler +
FUCK ZvP. Wanna 3 base push? Fucking Forcefields! Wanna t3 army? FUCKING TOILET!
http://www.twitch.tv/d4v3z02 all your base are belong to overlord
Xenocryst
Profile Joined December 2010
United States521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 17:53:28
June 13 2012 16:55 GMT
#1936
+ Show Spoiler +
Fuck me been having a hard last two weeks because of depression due to girls/family members dying and have not been doing well on ladder so i get fucking placed in diamond when i was top 20 master this season. fuck me. Also LOL diamond league is soooo ez XD
HomeWorld
Profile Joined December 2011
Romania903 Posts
June 13 2012 17:08 GMT
#1937
+ Show Spoiler +
Note to myself: the back button is not top left but right to your right hand thumb, use it to get as fast as possible from this depressing place! Brrrrr...
GeneticToss
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada188 Posts
June 13 2012 17:14 GMT
#1938
+ Show Spoiler +
I don't know what to do with my fucking life and I have loads of debts from school because this fucking capitalist system sucks huge dick, finding a job is hard because this fucking system sucks dick and all the small jobs have been taken over by huge multinationals who dont give a flying fuck about their employees...
nFo on KGS
Lessthanzero
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4 Posts
June 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#1939
+ Show Spoiler +
What's currently pissing me off is the rise of MOBAS or ARTS or lazy cunt games or whatever you subhumans want to call them. Dota I can handle; it is, at least, linked to back when Blizzard wasn't an F- developer. All League of Legends players should be tried and executed for conspiracy to play awful games


+ Show Spoiler +
Man I'm sore about how awful D3 is. No, I'm not a whiner. No, I'm not just suffering from "nostalgia", you snide fuckheads. The story is dross (saturday cartoon lesser evils abound, at least Diablo has the sense not to gloat before he's actually winning), the shitty arstyle doesn't even try to mask the utter technical deficiencies present, and what's most damning, the game is designed to fuck the players so that Robert Kotick can make more jew gold. How deep does this man's penis have to be in your anus before you realize he's fucking you?
'You see, she had absolutely nowhere else to go.'
Fumanchu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada669 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-08 01:29:11
June 17 2012 05:16 GMT
#1940
Easy doesnt fit into grownup life.
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 257 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 50
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever408
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1580
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft612
Other Games
summit1g9100
Doublelift3416
JimRising 629
PiGStarcraft315
ArmadaUGS240
C9.Mang0211
Maynarde146
ViBE112
ZombieGrub27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick916
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo494
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 13m
OSC
10h 13m
Stellar Fest
10h 13m
OSC
21h 13m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.