• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8704 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 34

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 Next All
Whiztard
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States241 Posts
May 02 2011 05:13 GMT
#661
UCLA here. Looking forward to being a Bruin next year.
when Bisu switches to SC2...... (2014 update: sighh)
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
May 02 2011 05:48 GMT
#662
Bachelor of engineering @ University of Canterbury - accepted, no other applications for me!
I would hate it if it was that competitive here.
LOUD NOISES!!!
SixGun
Profile Joined April 2011
United States40 Posts
May 02 2011 15:24 GMT
#663
Baylor: Accepted
Texas A&M: Accepted

Those are the only two I applied for. Majoring in Kinesiology/Excercise and Sports Sciences. I might minor, but haven't decided. At Baylor, their graduate program is sponsored by the Army, so you have to enlist in order to be accepted...and I don't know how I feel about that
SoKHo
Profile Joined April 2011
Korea (South)1081 Posts
May 03 2011 05:12 GMT
#664
Any TL'ers going to Notre Dame?
"If you don't understand my silence, you won't understand my words"|| Big Nal_rA fan boy!! Nal_rA, Bisu, Huk, MC, Hero fighting! SKT1---->
(Spiff)
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada82 Posts
May 03 2011 05:18 GMT
#665
University of Lethbridge in canada for environmental sciences.
But not many people know where this is
Now, everyone in my house watches GSL. GO eSports :D
The_LiNk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada863 Posts
May 03 2011 05:53 GMT
#666
On May 03 2011 14:18 (Spiff) wrote:
University of Lethbridge in canada for environmental sciences.
But not many people know where this is


Sounds downright British.
(Spiff)
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada82 Posts
May 03 2011 13:30 GMT
#667
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 03 2011 14:53 The_LiNk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 14:18 (Spiff) wrote:
University of Lethbridge in canada for environmental sciences.
But not many people know where this is


Sounds downright British.



Sorry, should have been specific. Lethbridge Alberta : P
Now, everyone in my house watches GSL. GO eSports :D
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
May 03 2011 14:57 GMT
#668
College of William and Mary
One does not simply walk into mordor
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
May 03 2011 15:03 GMT
#669
Congrats everyone
MightySheep
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
May 03 2011 15:27 GMT
#670
Going to Lancaster University for Computer Science
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 15:39:07
May 03 2011 15:33 GMT
#671
On April 02 2011 07:44 hmmm... wrote:
On a different note, I totally respect CalTech for devoting themselves to admitting only the best academically qualified students. They do not have affirmative action as they simply just want the best mathematical/scientific students; as a result you have more Asians + Minority combined than Whites on campus. Maybe liberal arts schools such as Harvard can publicly state that they value diversity but I feel such a technologically focused school such as CalTech and MIT should try to incorporate the best students as possible in their field. So props to CalTech for sticking to their mission.


This is such a poorly understood concept that I think you probably shouldn't comment without some knowledge. I went to Caltech and they definitely don't lower their admission standards, but they definitely value diversity and make huge efforts to create as diverse of an undergrad population as they can. You might be asking "well, don't these things come into conflict".

No, they don't. There are all kinds of things you can do other than lower your admission standards other than lower standards. For example:
- For many years female students and minority students had their pre-frosh visiting weekends covered by the university (this is only for students that have already been accepted).
- They also in the past have had one of the top need-based financial aid programs in the country (irrespective of race / gender).
- They have resources available to deal with the unique issues of being a minority student or a female student at a university that does not have as many minorities / women.
- They spend an effort recruiting female / minority applicants to apply.

I should also mention that all of these things benefit everybody at the university and further the university's goals. The university also has a high percentage of international students and having such diverse perspectives available to students improves the educational experience for everybody.

Edit: I should say that also, lowering Caltech's admission standards wouldn't help anyways because unlike some other "selective" schools, Caltech is incredibly demanding of even the nations top top students (plenty of intel semi-finalists, national merit finalists, etc. have flamed out after less than a year and transferred elsewhere). I think there are probably only 2 or 3 other schools where the entire undergraduate population is put through such a demanding workload. Even very few top engineering and science programs are as demanding.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
Razith
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada431 Posts
May 03 2011 16:35 GMT
#672
I'm Canadian I never went through this whole process. I never have written an SAT. I just graduated from my highschool and got accepted to the one university I applied to which is the University of Manitoba and the school I wanted to go into, quite easily actually.

Does your undergraduate degree really matter that much on what school you go to for Americans? Some of you seem to be acting like your whole life depends on what college you get accepted to. Undergraduate degrees are easy to get so I'm confused as to why you guys care this much. Wouldn't you be more concerned about where you go after your undergraduate degree?
redeux
Profile Joined November 2010
United States148 Posts
May 03 2011 16:41 GMT
#673
Transfer accepted to BYU, Provo UT. So Stoked
former masters zerg na/eu. took extended break, getting back into things.1v1 / 2v2 stream: twitch.tv/redeuxtv
rdcpohl
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada188 Posts
May 04 2011 02:07 GMT
#674
Just got around to finalizing my choice in OUAC ^^
I'll be at York for business administration, hope to meet some TLers there
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
May 04 2011 02:08 GMT
#675
On May 04 2011 01:35 Razith wrote:
I'm Canadian I never went through this whole process. I never have written an SAT. I just graduated from my highschool and got accepted to the one university I applied to which is the University of Manitoba and the school I wanted to go into, quite easily actually.

Does your undergraduate degree really matter that much on what school you go to for Americans? Some of you seem to be acting like your whole life depends on what college you get accepted to. Undergraduate degrees are easy to get so I'm confused as to why you guys care this much. Wouldn't you be more concerned about where you go after your undergraduate degree?

Going to a good college is like... instant credibility in the job market (and also makes it easier to get into a really good graduate school).

Either that or you're seeing posts from Asians.
:)
dave333
Profile Joined August 2010
United States915 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 02:17:14
May 04 2011 02:16 GMT
#676
Any middkids 2015? I'm a frosh here right now, I could use some good sc2 partners lol, though I'm coaching a few of my friends. Right now I have to skype friends and I get pretty loud.



You should apply
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 03:17:55
May 04 2011 03:17 GMT
#677
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Suddenly
Profile Joined January 2011
United States181 Posts
May 04 2011 03:22 GMT
#678
Chose Rutgers for History/Chinese Hope to meet some TLers there.
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
May 04 2011 03:43 GMT
#679
On March 25 2011 07:26 blagoonga123 wrote:
The girl who voiced Jade in Jackie Chan Adventures went to my high school. She got in and went to Stanford.

So I think more than being a smart athlete, you just have to be smart and have some kind of extra edge to get in. Just being smart isn't enough :/


WTH, I GO TO THAT SCHOOL :D (Arcadia?)
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
SaLaYa
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States363 Posts
May 04 2011 03:47 GMT
#680
Got into Cornell University as a transfer from Syracuse!

SO HAPPY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
Cornell 2014 // eYe_am_SaSsY
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 454
BRAT_OK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32278
Bisu 2971
Shuttle 1753
Hyuk 1168
EffOrt 627
Mini 492
Larva 447
ZerO 354
Soma 333
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 116
Sexy 66
Hyun 46
Last 43
Mong 40
Trap 38
Pusan 36
PianO 34
Killer 32
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
sorry 20
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7875
qojqva1768
Dendi979
Counter-Strike
fl0m2923
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1499
crisheroes998
Liquid`Hasu548
Lowko463
Other Games
singsing2115
B2W.Neo1263
Beastyqt504
Hui .219
Livibee213
Mlord154
Liquid`VortiX148
KnowMe110
ArmadaUGS104
elazer83
Mew2King81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• poizon28 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• mYiSmile111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8826
• WagamamaTV268
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
Other Games
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
FEL
47m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 47m
INu's Battles
20h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.