• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:13
CEST 14:13
KST 21:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12509 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 35

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 Next All
novabossa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 03:51:37
May 04 2011 03:51 GMT
#681
Congrats GlocKomA!! Cornell in particular has a great program for helping transfers transition into life as a big red. (my brother graduated from there ^^) You're going to have a blasty blast.
Rachel: First game. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Dark Templar. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Countered. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Were you worried? oGsMC: What?
Laerties
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States361 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 04:26:10
May 04 2011 04:13 GMT
#682
GPA: 2.89

Sat Breakdown:
CR:660
M: 720
W:590
Total:1970

EC's: Math team, rock climbing clubs, 400+CI hours, History club

Accepted:
Purdue University
Syracuse University(accepted from waitlist)
University of the Pacific
UC Santa Cruz

Rejected:
University of Illinois
UCSB
UCI
UCB

Waitlisted:
Virginia Tech
Bucknell University


Major: Math
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Dazer
Profile Joined September 2010
239 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 04:18:40
May 04 2011 04:18 GMT
#683
got into UCBerkeley and UCLA with 3.9 GPA with Business major
SaLaYa
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States363 Posts
May 04 2011 11:34 GMT
#684
On May 04 2011 12:51 novabossa wrote:
Congrats GlocKomA!! Cornell in particular has a great program for helping transfers transition into life as a big red. (my brother graduated from there ^^) You're going to have a blasty blast.


Thank you, that's really exciting to hear!

I am so under qualified when compared to people in this thread.
I have a lackluster gpa.
Not a ton of extracurriculars.
But I did get recruited (lightweight rowing).

Never thought I'd get recruited to a school that was ranked so highly (currently number 3 behind Princeton and Yale).
Cornell 2014 // eYe_am_SaSsY
Nothingtosay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States875 Posts
May 07 2011 23:11 GMT
#685
Hood college Frederick MD psychology program accepted :D
[QUOTE][B]On October 16 2011 13:00 Anihc wrote:[/B] No, you're the one who's wrong. Nothingtosay got it right.[/QUOTE]:3
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
May 08 2011 05:49 GMT
#686
I got accepted to University of Utah in SLC. Did 2 years at a local community college, 2 more and I graduate with a Bachelor's in Computer Software Engineering
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
May 08 2011 05:50 GMT
#687
On May 04 2011 13:13 Laerties wrote:
GPA: 2.89

Sat Breakdown:
CR:660
M: 720
W:590
Total:1970

EC's: Math team, rock climbing clubs, 400+CI hours, History club

Accepted:
Purdue University
Syracuse University(accepted from waitlist)
University of the Pacific
UC Santa Cruz

Rejected:
University of Illinois
UCSB
UCI
UCB

Waitlisted:
Virginia Tech
Bucknell University


Major: Math

Not trying to be offensive at all, just a bit surprised. You got accepted to Purdue with a 2.89 GPA? That is....wow.
random user
Profile Joined December 2010
85 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 07:53:40
May 08 2011 07:41 GMT
#688
On May 04 2011 00:33 MoreFaSho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 07:44 hmmm... wrote:
On a different note, I totally respect CalTech for devoting themselves to admitting only the best academically qualified students. They do not have affirmative action as they simply just want the best mathematical/scientific students; as a result you have more Asians + Minority combined than Whites on campus. Maybe liberal arts schools such as Harvard can publicly state that they value diversity but I feel such a technologically focused school such as CalTech and MIT should try to incorporate the best students as possible in their field. So props to CalTech for sticking to their mission.


This is such a poorly understood concept that I think you probably shouldn't comment without some knowledge. I went to Caltech and they definitely don't lower their admission standards, but they definitely value diversity and make huge efforts to create as diverse of an undergrad population as they can. You might be asking "well, don't these things come into conflict".

No, they don't. There are all kinds of things you can do other than lower your admission standards other than lower standards. For example:
- For many years female students and minority students had their pre-frosh visiting weekends covered by the university (this is only for students that have already been accepted).
- They also in the past have had one of the top need-based financial aid programs in the country (irrespective of race / gender).
- They have resources available to deal with the unique issues of being a minority student or a female student at a university that does not have as many minorities / women.
- They spend an effort recruiting female / minority applicants to apply.

I should also mention that all of these things benefit everybody at the university and further the university's goals. The university also has a high percentage of international students and having such diverse perspectives available to students improves the educational experience for everybody.

Edit: I should say that also, lowering Caltech's admission standards wouldn't help anyways because unlike some other "selective" schools, Caltech is incredibly demanding of even the nations top top students (plenty of intel semi-finalists, national merit finalists, etc. have flamed out after less than a year and transferred elsewhere). I think there are probably only 2 or 3 other schools where the entire undergraduate population is put through such a demanding workload. Even very few top engineering and science programs are as demanding.


My wife got into CalTech and they recruited her pretty extensively, more so than any other school. In the end, I think the fact that the ratio there is (or was at the time at least) so skewed that it made her not want to go there... and that becomes a hard cycle to break.

Edit: I had misremembered something so this post is less useful than it should be.
gullberg
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden1301 Posts
May 08 2011 08:03 GMT
#689
Man, I'm jealous that you guys already get to know whether you got accepted or not this early.

In Sweden I won't be able to know until 18 July
Sonikhawk121
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States21 Posts
May 12 2011 00:30 GMT
#690
Late, but

Accepted: Petroleum/Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Sciences
UCSD (Will attend)
UCD
UT Austin
Texas A&M

Rejected:
UCLA
UC Berkeley
CMU

Application Lost:
Tulane... ????

Low Stats:
GPA: 3.87/3.9 UW, 4.3W.
SAT I: 2000
SATII: Math 2-700, USH, 720, Physics- 700 (I just started the class when I took it)
APs: Calc AB, APUSH, Eng. Lang- 4 :[
Extras: AFJROTC Vice Commander, Recipient of 4 medals -3 of which came from nationally recognized organizations- ROA, American Legion, and AFSA.
high School starcraft club vice president
JSA debate club/Financial Officer
Tech Museum Volunteer
Science fair participant- Won Innovative Engineering Project Award from Society of Professional Engineers and several honorable mentions for my technical paper
School newspaper journalist, tennis team varsity 2, NHS, CSF, etc etc.

Low SAT Scores, I know, but it's okay. UCSD! here I come!
StiCkyRiCe30 7:56 pm (7:56:40 PM): your status is all wrong (7:56:44 PM): its SC, then HW (7:56:44 PM): lol
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
May 12 2011 00:34 GMT
#691
Accepted to WPI as a Comp Sci major. Sorry, but I don't remember all my qualifications. All I care about is that I got in.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
The_LiNk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada863 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-12 01:52:23
May 12 2011 01:51 GMT
#692
Wondering if anyone in TL is going to University of Toronto.
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
May 12 2011 01:51 GMT
#693
Grats to everyone in this thread who got into college/uni! It's an awesome experience at an awesome time in life.

!!!
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
BroboCop
Profile Joined December 2010
United States373 Posts
May 12 2011 01:58 GMT
#694
i'm lazy as fuck. i do nothing in school but chill.
28 act comp (34math, 22english lawl I dont know the dif between "." "," "-" etc.)
1900 sat I
720 math ii, 720 us history, 610world history (took 18months after completion of class)
4 on: us history, art history, world history
(took bc calc/ap govt this year)
3.72/4.0 wgpa dunno uwgpa
in an engineering class @ my high school for 4years (renowned in the state for the program)
participated in several robotics competitions: best robotics, first tech challenge, first robotics challenge. Part of a rocketry program/aeroscience @ my school. junior year we made a rocket that carried 1lb payload to 6000feet and this year we researched/were going to make a rocket to take 30lb payload to 100k feet but no funding (needed 20k) cause apparently + Show Spoiler +
dropping $6m on an aquatics center no1 uses cause we have a YMCA is more important.




applied to like 11 colleges... and accepted to 2:
uc santa barbara (attending. oh and visiting tomorrow)
penn state u-park
(all colleges were for engineering and a mixture of chemical, aero, mechanical, and electrical depending on what I felt like when I applied).

$18k/yr in grants to ucsb. still 34k/yr tho. outofstate . if any1 is going to ucsb or currently attends hit me up! brobocop.374


0mgVitaminE
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1278 Posts
May 12 2011 01:58 GMT
#695
On May 12 2011 09:30 Sonikhawk121 wrote:
GPA: 3.87/3.9 UW, 4.3W.
SAT I: 2000
SATII: Math 2-700, USH, 720, Physics- 700 (I just started the class when I took it)
APs: Calc AB, APUSH, Eng. Lang- 4 :[

hmm, decent scores, looks like he took some AP classes...

Extras: AFJROTC Vice Commander, Recipient of 4 medals -3 of which came from nationally recognized organizations- ROA, American Legion, and AFSA.

these could be pretty promising, still unsure...

high School starcraft club vice president

YOU ARE IN
Hi there. I'm in a cave, how bout you?
Sonikhawk121
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States21 Posts
May 12 2011 04:47 GMT
#696
Dude, if only. UCLA, UC Berkeley, and CMU all did not see it that way. LOL

Thanks though.
StiCkyRiCe30 7:56 pm (7:56:40 PM): your status is all wrong (7:56:44 PM): its SC, then HW (7:56:44 PM): lol
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
May 12 2011 05:57 GMT
#697
Looking forward to posting in a future version of this thread if/when I apply to grad school again
Senya
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 11:49:19
May 13 2011 04:20 GMT
#698
I just stumbled upon this thread. well, here goes:
GPA: 97.3 (School neither ranks nor weighs).
SAT: 2280 (CR: 800 Math: 770: W: 710)
SAT 2: Physics: 800
Math II: 800
Math I: 800
Biology (E): 800
Chemistry: 800
U.S. History: 800
AP: Physics C (Mechanics 5, E&M 5)
Calculus BC: 5
U.S History: 5
Chemistry: 5
Biology: 4 ()
Comparative Government: 5
Macroeconomics and Microeconomics: both 5
I'm also taking classes at Columbia and NYU.
Extra: Captain of Robotics Team
Life Scout (couldn't finish my eagle project T.T)
Key Club, Track Team, Math Team, tutored at Kumon, National Merit, and some scholarships from fastweb.

Harvard (Accepted)
Yale (Accepted)
Princeton (Accepted)
UPenn (Accepted)
Cornell (Accepted)
UMich (Accepted)
CalTech (Accepted)
Berkeley (Accepted)
SUNY Binghamton (Accepted)
MIT: Waitlist - (Accepted and going!!!!! )
Stanford: (Rejected - Top choice)
*Edit* Just got into MIT today and I'm talking it over with my parents again. - 5/17/11
Accepted MIT's offer, going as a physics major. - 5/21/11
Hard work is meaningless if you do not believe in yourself. - Gai Sensei
dave333
Profile Joined August 2010
United States915 Posts
May 14 2011 23:42 GMT
#699
^Damn congrats man. I have a couple friends at Yale right now and a bunch more going next year with ya. SC2 it up!
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
May 14 2011 23:53 GMT
#700
On May 13 2011 13:20 Senya wrote:
I just stumbled upon this thread. well, here goes:
GPA: 97.3 (School neither ranks nor weighs).
SAT: 2280 (CR: 800 Math: 770: W: 710)
SAT 2: Physics: 800
Math II: 800
Math I: 800
Biology (E): 800
Chemistry: 800
U.S. History: 800
AP: Physics C (Mechanics 5, E&M 5)
Calculus BC: 5
U.S History: 5
Chemistry: 5
Biology: 4 ()
Comparative Government: 5
Macroeconomics and Microeconomics: both 5
I'm also taking classes at Columbia and NYU.
Extra: Captain of Robotics Team
Life Scout (couldn't finish my eagle project T.T)
Key Club, Track Team, Math Team, tutored at Kumon, National Merit, and some scholarships from fastweb.

Harvard (Accepted)
Yale (Accepted and going! - Physics major)
Princeton (Accepted)
UPenn (Accepted)
Cornell (Accepted)
UMich (Accepted)
CalTech (Accepted)
Berkeley (Accepted)
SUNY Binghamton (Accepted)
MIT: (Waitlist)
Stanford: (Rejected - Top choice)


Wow, cant believe MIT placed you on the waitlist... Stanford on the other hand is impossible.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings103
CranKy Ducklings SOOP37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko298
SHIN 155
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28981
Hyuk 1387
Shuttle 1243
Bisu 1133
Mind 369
Mini 294
Larva 263
firebathero 235
EffOrt 220
Soma 186
[ Show more ]
Last 123
ZerO 106
Leta 96
Hm[arnc] 94
Zeus 77
Hyun 71
Pusan 63
Trap 37
hero 32
Sexy 32
Killer 31
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
PianO 28
sorry 28
Aegong 24
yabsab 13
zelot 13
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Dendi1005
qojqva742
XcaliburYe633
XaKoH 449
Gorgc39
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1592
Other Games
gofns39145
singsing2598
B2W.Neo1168
crisheroes324
Happy298
DeMusliM230
Livibee121
Mew2King108
ToD104
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream209
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8192
League of Legends
• Jankos1719
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 47m
INu's Battles
23h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.