• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:15
CEST 20:15
KST 03:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8520 users

2011 - What are you Reading? - Page 46

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 04:32:58
October 21 2011 04:31 GMT
#901
I haven't finished anything in a while.

I'm almost done with The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner although I might go back and read Benjy's part again after I finish. And Quentin's part twisted my mind and it's not quite untwisted yet.

I have my eye on Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev next, and also Either/Or by Kierkegaard. I might need something light for reading momentum in there though.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
October 21 2011 04:59 GMT
#902
I was reading:

[image loading]

But then I found:
[image loading] and can't put it down. I really want to elongate the time I have with Dance with Dragons.
LOUD NOISES!!!
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 05:08:16
October 21 2011 05:05 GMT
#903
On October 21 2011 13:31 ZapRoffo wrote:
I haven't finished anything in a while.

I'm almost done with The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner although I might go back and read Benjy's part again after I finish. And Quentin's part twisted my mind and it's not quite untwisted yet.

I have my eye on Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev next, and also Either/Or by Kierkegaard. I might need something light for reading momentum in there though.

I remember when I read The Sound and the Fury it took me I think 5 hours straight to read Benjy's section and I was confused as fuck at what was going on lol. And then Quentin's part didn't do much help either. But after finishing the rest of the book it became a "Memento Aha" moment where everything just started to make sense. Really well written and makes you think a lot while reading it.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Klyberess
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden345 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 05:26:59
October 21 2011 05:23 GMT
#904
Last
[image loading]

Next
[image loading]
EmpireHappy <3 STHack <3 ByunPrime
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
October 21 2011 05:51 GMT
#905
Just finished

[image loading]

Next

[image loading]
Remfire
Profile Joined October 2010
492 Posts
October 21 2011 05:57 GMT
#906
just finished 3 cups of tea, started the girl with the dragon tattoo, next will be the rest of the millennium series =]
Lassepetri
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark112 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 08:05:15
October 21 2011 08:04 GMT
#907
1) Discourse analysis as theory and method - Marianne Winther Jørgensen and Louise Phillips
2) Confessions of a philosopher - Bryan Magee
3) SOMETHING NOT FUCKING SCHOOLRELATED! Im thinking some real tacky, pulp fantasy-esque thing, though im heavily leaning towards something with thats based on actual history. I really like Conn Igguldens interpretations of Caesar and Ghengis Khan.
Empiristic bullcrap
moltenlead
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada866 Posts
October 21 2011 08:11 GMT
#908
All of these are non-school related:

Finished:
[image loading]

Currently:
[image loading]

Next:
[image loading]
Dyssa
Profile Joined May 2011
32 Posts
October 21 2011 09:52 GMT
#909
Just finished
[image loading]

Currently re-reading
[image loading]

Before moving on to
[image loading]


jergason
Profile Joined May 2010
United States37 Posts
October 22 2011 03:48 GMT
#910
Just finished:
[image loading]
Very unique sci-fi book. Seems more "literary" than most sci-fi that I have read. The narrator seems unreliable, and some weird stuff means I am not sure if the author is trolling me or not, but I liked it and will keep reading the rest of the series.

Currently:
[image loading]

One of my favorite books. Consciousness, philosophy, AI, math, and a bunch of other things all rolled in to one. A reoccurring theme is recursion and patterns that loop back on themselves. He not only talks about these patterns in the book, but the actual structure of the book itself is a kind of repeating loop. Very awesome stuff.

Next:

[image loading]
Forgot most of my calculus, and I want to remember it it. It is starting to become more useful.
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
October 25 2011 20:38 GMT
#911
It came in the mail today!

Currently Reading:
[image loading]
Remb
Profile Joined August 2011
United States190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 20:59:49
October 25 2011 20:54 GMT
#912
[image loading]

I just finished Ender's Game, and I really want more books like it: warfare and tactics from a first person perspective and lots of mind games.
Stuff like S1 Code Geass and Death Note. Anyone have suggestions?
I also read Speaker for the Dead. It was enjoyable, but not exactly what I was looking for as a sequel to Ender's Game.
A virtuous act is performed habitually, and not once from incentive alone.
sail
Profile Joined September 2010
United States127 Posts
October 25 2011 21:29 GMT
#913
On October 26 2011 05:38 Perguvious wrote:
It came in the mail today!

Currently Reading:
[image loading]


Gah! Lucky you! I had completely forgot about this! I'll have to pick it up soon.

Currently reading:
[image loading]

It is pretty fun. Especially if you have ever wanted to be a money-obsessed Filipino girl (or not). Robbins uses a second person perspective which is interesting to read.

Next on the list will have to be 1Q84 by Murakami, and then Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins.
jon arbuckle
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada443 Posts
October 25 2011 23:02 GMT
#914
On October 21 2011 13:31 ZapRoffo wrote:
I have my eye on Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev next. . . . I might need something light for reading momentum in there though.


Fathers and Sons is one of the best novels for over-educated, self-pitying males, and it's not a difficult read at all.
Mondays
JeanBob
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada295 Posts
October 25 2011 23:10 GMT
#915
I'm not a huge reader, but this year I read Lord of the Rings for the second time, and I just started reading The Silmarillion. Literature courses forced me to read "Fables, contes et nouvelles de Jean de La Fontaine" (I'm from Quebec!), and didn't like it that much. After that, I plan on reading Game of Thrones, which I've been referred to many times by many people.
"Teach the ones below you something you have learnt and learn from the ones above you." -Sonata Arctica
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 01:06:52
October 26 2011 01:06 GMT
#916
I re-read Eaters of the Dead yesterday and Timeline today, right now I'm plowing though Sphere. (first time). I also read every day from Taubman's biography Kruschev or Churchill's abridged History of the English-Speaking People just because they're fascinating books.

I need to start getting serious about making myself a nice library on this computer, I don't have a lot of my favorite books and nothing new to read at all...
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 01:37:00
October 26 2011 01:35 GMT
#917
Until last week I was reading
[image loading]
and now I am in part two of this ten book fantasy series:
[image loading]

I haven't read too many fantasy novels until now (LOTR, one book of the Eragon series, Joe Abercrombie's First Law series plus the follow-up, Harry Potter-if that counts) but since quite some time I felt the urge to dive into a long series. I am pretty picky when it comes to this stuff because I always fear that I end up in another world with brutal orcs, noble elbs or majestic dragons. Also I don't like to start yet unfinished series, because I don't feel like waiting another 5 years for the next book. And let's be honest, the quality of most series drop significantly over time, so waiting endlessly only to be disappointed is just cruel. I ordered this book and the first part of The Dark Tower from Stephen King (since both series are finished and seem to not drop in quality if you can trust the reviews), and decided to continue with the Malazan series (since the western-style of The Dark Tower is not my favoured setting).
I very much enjoyed the first book. You are thrown right into the story and most characters aren't really introduced that much, so you have to figure out stuff by yourself as you read along, which can be hard sometimes. The world is a bit heavy on powerful, mysterious and old creatures, makes you wonder a bit how human protagonists should survive in such a setting, let alone have any real amount of power. But it seems basically everyone is killable (even the gods), which is quite nice. Overall this could shape up to be a very nice read over the next couple of months.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
beat farm
Profile Joined October 2010
United States478 Posts
October 26 2011 01:53 GMT
#918
finished
[image loading]

currently
[image loading]

next
[image loading]
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
October 26 2011 02:14 GMT
#919
On October 26 2011 05:54 Remb wrote:
I just finished Ender's Game, and I really want more books like it: warfare and tactics from a first person perspective and lots of mind games.
Stuff like S1 Code Geass and Death Note. Anyone have suggestions?
I also read Speaker for the Dead. It was enjoyable, but not exactly what I was looking for as a sequel to Ender's Game.


You might want to check out Ender's Shadow and its sequels. I think they're much more like what you're looking for than Speaker and its sequels (which weren't good at all).
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
November 09 2011 05:13 GMT
#920
=/

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2434
RotterdaM784
TaKeTV 326
IndyStarCraft 194
BRAT_OK 84
ZombieGrub78
SteadfastSC25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2434
RotterdaM 784
ByuN 363
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 178
RuFF_SC2 111
BRAT_OK 84
ZombieGrub78
UpATreeSC 58
SteadfastSC 25
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3249
Shuttle 732
Mini 442
EffOrt 396
Dewaltoss 158
910 76
Mind 74
HiyA 65
Zeus 64
hero 56
[ Show more ]
sorry 21
Bale 20
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 14
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 8
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
qojqva3572
Counter-Strike
fl0m5687
pashabiceps991
Fnx 627
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3678
Liquid`Hasu1
Other Games
singsing2105
Beastyqt712
ceh9705
mouzStarbuck256
XaKoH 124
C9.Mang0118
QueenE64
Trikslyr56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 117
• StrangeGG 45
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV348
Other Games
• imaqtpie743
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.