• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7930 users

2011 - What are you Reading? - Page 47

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 09 2011 05:25 GMT
#921
[image loading]
Remembrance day thing..
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
November 09 2011 05:34 GMT
#922
Don't know how anyone hasn't said it yet but obviously
[image loading]
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
McKTenor13
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1383 Posts
November 09 2011 05:39 GMT
#923
I am currently reading
[image loading]

And plan on reading this over thanksgiving break when I have some more time
[image loading]
If you can chill. chill. - Liquid'Tyler
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
November 09 2011 05:49 GMT
#924
HG Wells - A Modern Utopia

Weird but wonderful book. Some of his ideas are pretty crazy but to each his(her if you watch Warehouse 13) own.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
November 09 2011 05:54 GMT
#925
On November 09 2011 14:13 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
=/

[image loading]


Hey hey that is on my list too. Just bought a copy but I have others to finish first.

Just finished
[image loading]

Currently reading
[image loading]

Next up
[image loading]

Followed by
[image loading]

and then I can read Anna Karenina
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
sulliwan
Profile Joined March 2010
85 Posts
November 09 2011 07:58 GMT
#926
Previous:
[image loading]

Current:
[image loading]

Next:
[image loading]
I am a little teapot!
dOofuS
Profile Joined January 2009
United States342 Posts
November 09 2011 08:02 GMT
#927
I keep going back to:
[image loading]
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 09:02:42
November 09 2011 08:56 GMT
#928
[image loading]

I've read it 3 times now i think. It has definitely changed the way i view life in general and was very helpful for my job aswell.
The author is full of himself but if you can get past that it's a great read
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
November 09 2011 10:17 GMT
#929
On October 26 2011 11:14 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2011 05:54 Remb wrote:
I just finished Ender's Game, and I really want more books like it: warfare and tactics from a first person perspective and lots of mind games.
Stuff like S1 Code Geass and Death Note. Anyone have suggestions?
I also read Speaker for the Dead. It was enjoyable, but not exactly what I was looking for as a sequel to Ender's Game.


You might want to check out Ender's Shadow and its sequels. I think they're much more like what you're looking for than Speaker and its sequels (which weren't good at all).


Speaker and its sequels are some of my personal favorite books, it's just nothing like Ender's Game and thats what everyone is expecting going into them. Of course people that aren't into that kind of book go into it expecting something completely different so it gets a bad reputation and I completely understand that.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Crissaegrim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
2947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 23:12:05
November 09 2011 22:53 GMT
#930
[image loading]

Great book. I first read the synopsis and was hooked, promised myself to read it soon.

A friend said that she cannot stand incompetence (she is intelligent). I feel the same at times but I suppose you need patience with everyone. Decided to finish this through in one sitting. It is very very good.

Reminds me of what Coleridge said: It takes a good poet (in this case author) to remind you to the many things in life we take for granted. (OWTTE)
pAnatiC
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany123 Posts
November 09 2011 23:04 GMT
#931
On November 09 2011 14:34 sinani206 wrote:
Don't know how anyone hasn't said it yet but obviously
[image loading]


This!

1-3 were amazing! Hopefully it will have a nice end
killer1nz
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand164 Posts
November 09 2011 23:11 GMT
#932
Lee Child - Jack Reacher series

[image loading]

pretty cool set of books from what i've read so far imo!
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
November 09 2011 23:16 GMT
#933
Not counting books I have to read for school just finished V for Vendetta the graphic novel and currently reading All Things Shining. Is an interesting read so far.
[image loading]
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
November 09 2011 23:18 GMT
#934
I read the WWW trilogy, Wake, Watch and Wonder by Robert J Sawyer and they were bad, except for the idea.

Right now I am re-reading "The Best of Cordwainer Smith" and these stories are such marvels.

I have no clue what to read next, It feels as though I've read every good sci-fi out there, read all Hugo winners, all Nebula winners, and I am feel I am in the dark.

"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
OsoVega
Profile Joined December 2010
926 Posts
November 11 2011 05:39 GMT
#935
Just picked this up yesterday.
[image loading]
g.Sagan
Profile Joined September 2010
36 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 06:27:59
November 12 2011 06:25 GMT
#936
I'm not big into Novels and tend to read a lot of Australian military history books or memoirs.

Last read:
Joker One - A Marine Platoon's Story of Courage, Leadership, and Brotherhood
[image loading]

A pretty good read about Donovan Cambell a Platoon Commander in Ramadi (Iraq) during 2004. I found it a refreshing change from the typical military memoir which normally throw you head first into the action without much back story for the author or the characters he meets or is affiliated with. Joker One touched upon the raising of his platoon before going on tour and is a very well paced and gripping story. Although it is noted as being a book that touches on faith in combat, there is very little mention of it apart from the odd group prayer after patrol/casualty sustained. So it doesn't come across as obtrusive for us secular folk.

Currently reading:
Duntroon - The Royal Military College of Australia 1911 - 2001
[image loading]

&

Loyalty and Service - The officer cadet school Portsea
[image loading]

Any Australian, New Zealander (or from our local region) who is interested in one of our regions main officer training streams, or anyone contemplating a commission in any of the services (irrespective of country) should find both these books highly educational.

Next to read:
The Australian Army by Albert Palazzo
[image loading]

This book details Australia's defense policies and army structure, and how they were shaped by both the political and civil climate throughout our countries history.
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
November 12 2011 06:31 GMT
#937
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Jest

"Infinite Jest is a 1996 novel by David Foster Wallace. "

Freaky stuff, don't even touch unless you are prepared to read a dictionary
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Pillage
Profile Joined July 2011
United States804 Posts
November 12 2011 06:55 GMT
#938
Sadly not by my own free will

[image loading]
"Power has no limits." -Tiberius
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
November 12 2011 07:02 GMT
#939
[image loading]

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

Personally, I've been expecting something different and better. Halfway through it now and I can't say I'm very impressed...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
November 12 2011 07:15 GMT
#940
Last Read:
[image loading]
Game of Thrones - Amazing. Can't believe I avoided this series for long, Watched the first season of the TV series as well, thought it was pretty well done. Had so many emotions go through me when reading as well which like....never happens. I seem to really get attached to these characters. + Show Spoiler +
Overall I would probably say Arya is my favorite. Fuck Joffrey though, little prick. Don't think I ever wanted a character in a story to die as much as him :S


Reading Now:
[image loading]
A Clash of Kings - Only about 100 pages into it, so far so good.

Reading Next:
[image loading]
A Storm of Swords - Planning to continue the series after.




"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10399
JimRising 845
WinterStarcraft333
ViBE103
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush711
• Lourlo351
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 7m
INu's Battles
9h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 7m
Replay Cast
20h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.