• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:57
CEST 19:57
KST 02:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11910 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 231

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 229 230 231 232 233 244 Next
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 30 2014 12:31 GMT
#4601
On July 21 2014 09:40 Blisse wrote:
Went to a HF meet and tried the HE580. Actually sounded pretty good but I think I like my T1s more interestingly. I tried out the V281 ($1900) ... it made the T1s sound ridiculous.

What were you using to power your T1s before? I don't understand how an amp can be that much better than other amps.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 30 2014 12:33 GMT
#4602
On July 30 2014 12:15 firehand101 wrote:
I'm looking at the around-the-ear Sennheiser Momentum's: All reviews say it has great sound quality but the size is a bit small. I've tried them on and they don't feel too uncomfortable...and the sound seems great as far as I can tell.

Do you guys know how this stacks up to other headphones in that $300-$400 range in terms of quality? I generally listen to everything and anything, but mainly getting them to really hear the details and intricacies of classical music

Momentum is not that good. I've auditioned them before.
If you're just going for that Sennheiser sound, in that range HD650s become easily accessible which are vastly superior.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
July 31 2014 19:10 GMT
#4603
On July 21 2014 09:40 Blisse wrote:
Went to a HF meet and tried the HE580. Actually sounded pretty good but I think I like my T1s more interestingly. I tried out the V281 ($1900) ... it made the T1s sound ridiculous.

you mean the HE560? Tried them out of a bifrost/lyr. They sounded good. There was even a guy who brought in his own 500's and he admits that the 560 is way better. Detail retrieval on the 560 are definitely better.
© Current year.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 31 2014 19:52 GMT
#4604
You guys prefer the ortho sound?
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
July 31 2014 19:59 GMT
#4605
I've been using the ATH-M50s for almost two years now and I've been very satisfied. At this point though, I'd like a new pair. I'm looking for something in roughly the same ballpark in terms of price (I'd be happy to throw on another €40-50 or so for great quality) and sound, but I don't really know right from left when it comes to looking for new ones. Any recommendations?
AdministratorBreak the chains
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-31 20:01:35
July 31 2014 20:00 GMT
#4606
On August 01 2014 04:52 c0ldfusion wrote:
You guys prefer the ortho sound?


PM for me. LCD-XC, HE500, HE560 are all awesome.
© Current year.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-31 20:24:54
July 31 2014 20:20 GMT
#4607
On July 30 2014 21:31 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 09:40 Blisse wrote:
Went to a HF meet and tried the HE580. Actually sounded pretty good but I think I like my T1s more interestingly. I tried out the V281 ($1900) ... it made the T1s sound ridiculous.

What were you using to power your T1s before? I don't understand how an amp can be that much better than other amps.


Whoops HE560 I mean.

I've listened on most of the Schiits, not the Mjolnir though. I've tried the Bottlehead Crack and a couple of weirdo ones like M^3? Also some nicer large ones that I can't remember the names of. Could be confirmation bias because I wanted the Vioelectric for a while. I use the Nuforce HDP at home because I need something small and portable for school that also works with speakers. It's okay with the T1s, but the V281 was a lot more ... revealing the wrong word, clear? resolving? I liked the T1s on the V281 more than the HD800s on it or the HE560s. It's probably an amplifier thing.


On August 01 2014 04:10 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 09:40 Blisse wrote:
Went to a HF meet and tried the HE580. Actually sounded pretty good but I think I like my T1s more interestingly. I tried out the V281 ($1900) ... it made the T1s sound ridiculous.

you mean the HE560? Tried them out of a bifrost/lyr. They sounded good. There was even a guy who brought in his own 500's and he admits that the 560 is way better. Detail retrieval on the 560 are definitely better.


Yeah I think it's universal that the 560 > 500.

I'm still iffy about switching to orthos, I like the LCD2 and LCD3 but the style/weight of them doesn't seem comforting, and the difference in treble and upper range clarity is almost a killer for me. I think electronica isn't as nice on the T1/HD800 but I think I might just get the Mad Dog Pros for electronica.
There is no one like you in the universe.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-31 21:32:33
July 31 2014 21:30 GMT
#4608
On August 01 2014 05:20 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 21:31 c0ldfusion wrote:
On July 21 2014 09:40 Blisse wrote:
Went to a HF meet and tried the HE580. Actually sounded pretty good but I think I like my T1s more interestingly. I tried out the V281 ($1900) ... it made the T1s sound ridiculous.

What were you using to power your T1s before? I don't understand how an amp can be that much better than other amps.


Whoops HE560 I mean.

I've listened on most of the Schiits, not the Mjolnir though. I've tried the Bottlehead Crack and a couple of weirdo ones like M^3? Also some nicer large ones that I can't remember the names of. Could be confirmation bias because I wanted the Vioelectric for a while. I use the Nuforce HDP at home because I need something small and portable for school that also works with speakers. It's okay with the T1s, but the V281 was a lot more ... revealing the wrong word, clear? resolving? I liked the T1s on the V281 more than the HD800s on it or the HE560s. It's probably an amplifier thing.


Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 04:10 CorsairHero wrote:
On July 21 2014 09:40 Blisse wrote:
Went to a HF meet and tried the HE580. Actually sounded pretty good but I think I like my T1s more interestingly. I tried out the V281 ($1900) ... it made the T1s sound ridiculous.

you mean the HE560? Tried them out of a bifrost/lyr. They sounded good. There was even a guy who brought in his own 500's and he admits that the 560 is way better. Detail retrieval on the 560 are definitely better.


Yeah I think it's universal that the 560 > 500.

I'm still iffy about switching to orthos, I like the LCD2 and LCD3 but the style/weight of them doesn't seem comforting, and the difference in treble and upper range clarity is almost a killer for me. I think electronica isn't as nice on the T1/HD800 but I think I might just get the Mad Dog Pros for electronica.

Try the LCD-XC, the sound signature is pretty good for electronic iirc. The price on those tho.. The HE-560 is comfy and light compared to any other PM i've tried. Audeze are just awful lol. The Mad Dog's sounded fine when I had a few minutes to try them. Not a big fan of their earpad design. I have a suspicion it would get awfully hot pretty quick while wearing those even when compared to other closed designs.
© Current year.
HolyPepsi
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada210 Posts
August 01 2014 19:55 GMT
#4609
Grado RS2 and Grado RA1 amp- occasional night music enjoyment
Denon AH-D600 - at work
Grado SR60 - outside on a sunny day
two pair of Sennheiser RS220 - main computer gear headphone. went for wireless for convenience.
with MXL conference mic

old headphones- AKG550, sold

but I mainly use speakers as much as I could..
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 01 2014 20:07 GMT
#4610
On August 02 2014 04:55 HolyPepsi wrote:
Grado RS2 and Grado RA1 amp- occasional night music enjoyment
Denon AH-D600 - at work
Grado SR60 - outside on a sunny day
two pair of Sennheiser RS220 - main computer gear headphone. went for wireless for convenience.
with MXL conference mic

old headphones- AKG550, sold

but I mainly use speakers as much as I could..

You use open, leaky (and dear I say rather uncomfortable) headphones outside?
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 01 2014 20:08 GMT
#4611
On August 01 2014 05:00 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 04:52 c0ldfusion wrote:
You guys prefer the ortho sound?


PM for me. LCD-XC, HE500, HE560 are all awesome.

You own the LCD-XC?

I'm not sure where I can audition anything from Audeze.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
August 02 2014 03:13 GMT
#4612
I bought a couple things from Schiit. Those guys mean business. Less than 48 hours after ordering I got my stuff even though the site said it would ship out in 1-3 business days, which I thought meant I would receive it in around 3-5. I figured I would get it early next week, but nope, this afternoon it showed up. I just happened to have a half shift at work or else I would have missed it and had to wait until Tuesday at the earliest.

Glad I didn't miss signing for this stuff. Holy murphy. I bought a Vali and a Modi. Not exactly the flashiest stuff from Schiit, but about the best my student budget can afford. The Vali is a huge step up from my Fiio E12 in terms of power. The E12 did an okay job powering my 600 Ohm DT-880s (The E12 is more than powerful enough for all of my other sets of headphones. I still quite like the E12 for everything else) but I always felt something was lacking. Now that I've heard my DT-880s through an amp that has more than enough power for them, I've found what was missing. It was mindblowing listening through the new amp. Just insane. So clear. I have to listen through all my favourite music again because it all sounds new again.

"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
NerZhuL
Profile Joined November 2010
United States57 Posts
August 02 2014 20:26 GMT
#4613
Aight folks, need some help

What I have: ATH M50s, the cable broke after years of use and im looking to replace them. They have great audio quality but the comfort didn't do it for me.

So what I am looking for, 1) comfort for long use. 2) Sound quality. Price range Max: 150

Impossible is nothing
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
August 02 2014 23:14 GMT
#4614
DT880s 600 or 250 Ohm versions if you're looking for home use headphones. If you want more bass the DT770s are great too.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-03 02:21:31
August 03 2014 02:20 GMT
#4615
On August 03 2014 08:14 Blisse wrote:
DT880s 600 or 250 Ohm versions if you're looking for home use headphones. If you want more bass the DT770s are great too.

As an owner of both, yup. They'll be tough to find at $150, but you can easily find them on sale at around $200 once in a while. NCIX has Beyerdynamics stuff on sale a lot. That's where I got mine. The Premium model Beyers are insanely comfy. If you go for Pro version Beyerdynamics you might be able to find some for $150, but they will be a little bit tighter on your head, since they clamp more than the Premiums.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
August 05 2014 09:28 GMT
#4616
Bought UE11 CIEMs. No cable so I have to figure that out. Also have to get them remolded, but probably once I'm back in Toronto. Excited!
There is no one like you in the universe.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 05 2014 12:19 GMT
#4617
On August 05 2014 18:28 Blisse wrote:
Bought UE11 CIEMs. No cable so I have to figure that out. Also have to get them remolded, but probably once I'm back in Toronto. Excited!

Damn you guys mean business. I was gonna get some flagship customs last year but then decided to be fiscally responsible.

Did you consider other customs before settling on UE11s?
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 21:23:02
August 05 2014 21:18 GMT
#4618
On August 02 2014 05:08 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 05:00 CorsairHero wrote:
On August 01 2014 04:52 c0ldfusion wrote:
You guys prefer the ortho sound?


PM for me. LCD-XC, HE500, HE560 are all awesome.

You own the LCD-XC?

I'm not sure where I can audition anything from Audeze.

Na, its way too heavy for my tiny asian frame. I've prob spent 10 minutes with them about a year ago. I'd rather pay a few hundred more to get an HE560 + HA1 combo and complete my setup. Hopefully it's enough to keep me away from shopping for new audio for a long long time.

Look around at head-fi and you might be able to find a place to demo them. I believe they're American.

On August 03 2014 05:26 NerZhuL wrote:
Aight folks, need some help

What I have: ATH M50s, the cable broke after years of use and im looking to replace them. They have great audio quality but the comfort didn't do it for me.

So what I am looking for, 1) comfort for long use. 2) Sound quality. Price range Max: 150



If you're savy enough, the cable is definitely replaceable. You can also get replacement earpads too.

On August 05 2014 18:28 Blisse wrote:
Bought UE11 CIEMs. No cable so I have to figure that out. Also have to get them remolded, but probably once I'm back in Toronto. Excited!


Damn. I can't bring myself to spend that much on IEMs. Did you try the AKG K3003?
© Current year.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
August 07 2014 09:36 GMT
#4619
On August 05 2014 21:19 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2014 18:28 Blisse wrote:
Bought UE11 CIEMs. No cable so I have to figure that out. Also have to get them remolded, but probably once I'm back in Toronto. Excited!

Damn you guys mean business. I was gonna get some flagship customs last year but then decided to be fiscally responsible.

Did you consider other customs before settling on UE11s?


I tried the UE11s at a meet before and they were basically what I was looking for. I want that bass XD

Haven't tried any nice IEMS before. Only the IE80s for a short bit, and the Noble 4/5/6/8. I've really wanted customs for a while now. Once I get the 11's in I'll just sell my UE400s and make back most of the cost.

On August 06 2014 06:18 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2014 18:28 Blisse wrote:
Bought UE11 CIEMs. No cable so I have to figure that out. Also have to get them remolded, but probably once I'm back in Toronto. Excited!


Damn. I can't bring myself to spend that much on IEMs. Did you try the AKG K3003?


Only cost $400 used, so not so bad. Never tried the AKGs, was looking for something more bassy tbh :p
There is no one like you in the universe.
HolyPepsi
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada210 Posts
August 13 2014 18:53 GMT
#4620
On August 02 2014 05:07 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2014 04:55 HolyPepsi wrote:
Grado RS2 and Grado RA1 amp- occasional night music enjoyment
Denon AH-D600 - at work
Grado SR60 - outside on a sunny day
two pair of Sennheiser RS220 - main computer gear headphone. went for wireless for convenience.
with MXL conference mic

old headphones- AKG550, sold

but I mainly use speakers as much as I could..

You use open, leaky (and dear I say rather uncomfortable) headphones outside?


yes... i dont listen to music outside very often... mostly in office.. had a pair of Denon 560 in ear, was really nice, broken a year ago.
Prev 1 229 230 231 232 233 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1047
TKL 369
IndyStarCraft 307
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1047
ByuN 438
TKL 369
IndyStarCraft 307
Reynor 170
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51641
Calm 2727
Shuttle 448
actioN 171
firebathero 112
Mini 89
Mong 41
White-Ra 26
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 16
[ Show more ]
soO 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11094
Counter-Strike
fl0m6097
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2520
Liquid`Hasu401
MindelVK11
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1991
FrodaN1342
B2W.Neo729
olofmeister516
Khaldor465
KnowMe313
crisheroes182
Livibee178
ToD94
Mew2King80
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick367
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 32
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 8
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach77
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV494
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1662
Other Games
• imaqtpie821
• Shiphtur645
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 4m
OSC
5h 4m
Replay Cast
5h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.