• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9239 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 181

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 244 Next
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
June 29 2012 17:12 GMT
#3601
My cheap headset just broke and I'm looking to buy a good gaming headset with sound isolation and a mic preferrably.
Maximum price 125 $. I like bass but not overly much so the anything but bass sounds like shit. 7.1 surround sound is good but not needed.

My dream headset is razer tiamat but it's too expensive. Any1 got any recomandations?
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
June 30 2012 16:38 GMT
#3602
How comfortable are the Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones? I'm thinking about getting a pair since y last pair of headphones broke and I am as well
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
July 01 2012 21:59 GMT
#3603
I still need help with my decision...
Are these good? http://www.astrogaming.com/a-star-in-ear-headset
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
July 02 2012 01:30 GMT
#3604
On June 30 2012 02:12 Thylacine wrote:
My cheap headset just broke and I'm looking to buy a good gaming headset with sound isolation and a mic preferrably.
Maximum price 125 $. I like bass but not overly much so the anything but bass sounds like shit. 7.1 surround sound is good but not needed.

My dream headset is razer tiamat but it's too expensive. Any1 got any recomandations?


If you don't play FPS, gaming headsets aren't really recommended. Even then, there's a lot of better options out there where you don't have to compromise the sound quality:

Check this thread out and browse through: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-6-10-2012-ultrasone-pro-2900-added-many-edits

And if you really need the mic. It'd probably be just better to buy headphones and a clip-on mic rather than a gaming headset.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
CabelD
Profile Joined November 2010
United States131 Posts
July 02 2012 07:27 GMT
#3605
I am currently using some Sennheiser HD 280 Pros of my dads and they are wonderful. Going to have to give them back soon, and I am looking for some new ones to buy. Any suggestions?
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
July 02 2012 07:31 GMT
#3606
Well if you liked it that much you could get one of those for yourself?
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
FlyingToilet
Profile Joined August 2011
United States840 Posts
July 02 2012 07:54 GMT
#3607
Siberia v2 all the way, they're so comfortable and nice :D
http://justin.tv/flyingtoilet
CabelD
Profile Joined November 2010
United States131 Posts
July 02 2012 08:34 GMT
#3608
Has there been a release date for the new Siberias? They look really nice! ^^
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 02 2012 09:26 GMT
#3609
Have there been reviews from any reputable sources on the AIAIAI Capital yet?
Can't really find any.

http://aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/capital

[image loading]
Kevmeister @ Dota2
NiNjAPlation
Profile Joined April 2011
United States85 Posts
July 03 2012 07:22 GMT
#3610
My current headset is the Thermaltake Tt Esports Shock (white) I got it for 44$ at micro center and have to say, very comfortable, they sound fantastic, and the microphone even though I have seen reviews saying it's not the best, it works great. It even comes with a little bag to carry it, it's funny both things I own from Tt the headset and a Tt Esports challenger ultimate came with a bag, with that awesome little logo.
League-Platinum Race-Protoss Server- AM Character Code- 794
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
July 03 2012 13:59 GMT
#3611
Would marshmallow in ear headphones + worker ear mufffs do alot?
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Cephalopadre
Profile Joined April 2012
United States42 Posts
July 03 2012 17:25 GMT
#3612
I'm still shopping for headphones and took a look at those AIAIAI Capitals above. They seem good for on-the-go.

Audio Technica M50's are good from what I read. Today on Amazon, M50's cost $125. This is $20 less than previously listed.

Below is the link to view the Audio Technica ATH-M50's on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341238531&sr=1-1&keywords=m50

Happy Summer!
Real skill comes without effort
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
July 03 2012 17:26 GMT
#3613
Hello,

I am wondering which headphones/earphones would be the best, considering that I want to be able to listen to music imported on my computer from CDs (around 1080 kbps) on the computer itself and on my iPod. My room is next to a very noisy street so isolation is a must. I think I can take nothing but completely circumaural and closed headphones. I don't want active noise cancellation though.
Obviously, since I have a little iPod, I want to be able to walk around with the headphones/earphones as well, but I am not worried about anything like look or pickpockets (I'm young and handsome ;o). I just don't want some needlessly expensive pair, since I guess iPods don't provide top notch quality (mine is the most little available as far as I know, I forgot its name).
So there you go, if anyone can suggest a nicely isolating, portable pair of headphones/earphones that are good enough to enjoy CD quality, preferably not above 100 euros, I'll be glad to take his advice.
Thank you in advance !
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
July 03 2012 17:41 GMT
#3614
On July 04 2012 02:25 Cephalopadre wrote:
I'm still shopping for headphones and took a look at those AIAIAI Capitals above. They seem good for on-the-go.

Audio Technica M50's are good from what I read. Today on Amazon, M50's cost $125. This is $20 less than previously listed.

Below is the link to view the Audio Technica ATH-M50's on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341238531&sr=1-1&keywords=m50

Happy Summer!

Yep, there's a good reason why the M50's are universally recommended by headphone enthusiasts for anyone looking for entry-level headphones with good value. It's got some pretty strong bass that goes deep and hits hard, but doesn't sound all muddled up.

On July 04 2012 02:26 Maluk wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering which headphones/earphones would be the best, considering that I want to be able to listen to music imported on my computer from CDs (around 1080 kbps) on the computer itself and on my iPod. My room is next to a very noisy street so isolation is a must. I think I can take nothing but completely circumaural and closed headphones. I don't want active noise cancellation though.
Obviously, since I have a little iPod, I want to be able to walk around with the headphones/earphones as well, but I am not worried about anything like look or pickpockets (I'm young and handsome ;o). I just don't want some needlessly expensive pair, since I guess iPods don't provide top notch quality (mine is the most little available as far as I know, I forgot its name).
So there you go, if anyone can suggest a nicely isolating, portable pair of headphones/earphones that are good enough to enjoy CD quality, preferably not above 100 euros, I'll be glad to take his advice.
Thank you in advance !

I'd be happy to give you some suggestions if you could describe what kind of sound signature you prefer
Do you like a ton of bass? Or more mid-focused sound? Or a V-shaped signature (enhanced bass and treble, recessed mids)? Or a 'warm' sound (richer lows and low-mids, but bass isn't too strong)?
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 18:18:50
July 03 2012 18:18 GMT
#3615
On July 04 2012 02:41 ieatkids5 wrote:
I'd be happy to give you some suggestions if you could describe what kind of sound signature you prefer
Do you like a ton of bass? Or more mid-focused sound? Or a V-shaped signature (enhanced bass and treble, recessed mids)? Or a 'warm' sound (richer lows and low-mids, but bass isn't too strong)?

I listen mostly to music that focuses on voices and isn't really "dark", so I guess warm or mid would be good. Maybe "warm" would be the best if I want to hear the voices above all ?
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
July 03 2012 18:37 GMT
#3616
On July 04 2012 03:18 Maluk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 02:41 ieatkids5 wrote:
I'd be happy to give you some suggestions if you could describe what kind of sound signature you prefer
Do you like a ton of bass? Or more mid-focused sound? Or a V-shaped signature (enhanced bass and treble, recessed mids)? Or a 'warm' sound (richer lows and low-mids, but bass isn't too strong)?

I listen mostly to music that focuses on voices and isn't really "dark", so I guess warm or mid would be good. Maybe "warm" would be the best if I want to hear the voices above all ?

Usually headphones that have a 'flat' sound signature (lows, mids, and highs all given equal emphasis) would give a good presentation of vocals. However, most people like the sound of the bass given more weight.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, are you looking for in-ear-monitors (headphones that you stick inside your ear, sometimes called earbuds) or full-sized headphones? Or do you just want something that isolates really well?
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 18:43:49
July 03 2012 18:43 GMT
#3617
On July 04 2012 03:37 ieatkids5 wrote:
Usually headphones that have a 'flat' sound signature (lows, mids, and highs all given equal emphasis) would give a good presentation of vocals. However, most people like the sound of the bass given more weight.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, are you looking for in-ear-monitors (headphones that you stick inside your ear, sometimes called earbuds) or full-sized headphones? Or do you just want something that isolates really well?


I would prefer "flat" headphones, according to your description. Basses are not really my priority.
I think I would prefer full-sized headphones, too. As far as I understood, they are supposed to deliver better audio for the same price, aren't they ? Anyway, full-sized closed and circumaural seems to be what I'm the most comfortable with.
The AKG K 272 HD seems to match my preferences, but I am afraid it might be a bit too much (maybe its potential wouldn't come at full use for a simple iPod nano and a computer without amplifiers).
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
July 03 2012 19:04 GMT
#3618
On July 04 2012 03:43 Maluk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 03:37 ieatkids5 wrote:
Usually headphones that have a 'flat' sound signature (lows, mids, and highs all given equal emphasis) would give a good presentation of vocals. However, most people like the sound of the bass given more weight.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, are you looking for in-ear-monitors (headphones that you stick inside your ear, sometimes called earbuds) or full-sized headphones? Or do you just want something that isolates really well?


I would prefer "flat" headphones, according to your description. Basses are not really my priority.
I think I would prefer full-sized headphones, too. As far as I understood, they are supposed to deliver better audio for the same price, aren't they ? Anyway, full-sized closed and circumaural seems to be what I'm the most comfortable with.
The AKG K 272 HD seems to match my preferences, but I am afraid it might be a bit too much (maybe its potential wouldn't come at full use for a simple iPod nano and a computer without amplifiers).

I haven't listened to the AKG model you listed, but sinceI'm assuming that this will be your first 'real' pair of headphones, I think you're right in that spending too much might not be your best choice. There are certainly cheaper options that offer excellent sound and can be driven by an ipod.

You might want to check out the following:
AKG K271MKII Closed Back Circumaural Headphones. 138USD on Amazon. Haven;t listened to it, bus it seems to fit your needs.
Denon DNHP700. Closed back Semi-circuaural (they aren't truly circuaural if you have big ears). I've had these for about half a year now, and I love them. I wish the ear cups were a bit bigger (I have big ears) so I can wear them fr longer periods without them getting uncomfortable, but the sound is so sweet. Very flat and balanced, perfect for listening to classical and vocal-centric music. I don't know if you need your headphones to have portability features, but the denons fold up nicely and have a coiled cable. I got them when they were 100USD, you might be able to find a good deal online.
Sennheiser HD580. Haven't listened to these either, but from what I've read about them, they seem to fit your needs. Look up some reviews and see what you think.

Hope this helps!
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 19:56:53
July 03 2012 19:27 GMT
#3619
Thanks for the help, I'll check these all out and maybe come back to tell my choice if I end up buying one of them ;o
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 21:38:09
July 03 2012 21:22 GMT
#3620
On July 03 2012 22:59 BlueMooon wrote:
Would marshmallow in ear headphones + worker ear mufffs do alot?


Loud volume from speakers next to me that is the situation

or any good reccommendations please I need a fast reply here and a reply
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 853
SteadfastSC210
ComeBackTV 193
TaKeTV 188
LamboSC2118
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 15
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 210
ProTech134
LamboSC2 118
Rex 80
BRAT_OK 22
IndyStarCraft 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37281
Shuttle 2997
Bisu 917
Horang2 908
Jaedong 715
Mini 641
EffOrt 606
Light 489
BeSt 360
Soma 355
[ Show more ]
firebathero 333
Stork 326
Hyuk 324
Snow 169
Rush 165
Zeus 162
Last 155
ggaemo 145
ZerO 143
Pusan 85
Leta 83
hero 70
sorry 60
Killer 56
Mong 48
Sea.KH 47
Sharp 47
Mind 39
Shinee 30
Aegong 29
Shine 28
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 25
soO 24
Sexy 22
Trap 22
Yoon 20
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
NotJumperer 14
HiyA 11
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6214
qojqva1649
Dendi806
420jenkins87
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
Reynor103
Counter-Strike
x6flipin356
markeloff139
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2032
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns34148
singsing2161
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo1058
Mlord252
DeMusliM214
Livibee176
Liquid`VortiX133
Hui .122
Mew2King116
QueenE84
ArmadaUGS73
Chillindude13
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan10
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1856
League of Legends
• Jankos2258
• Nemesis1133
• TFBlade860
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 43m
Stellar Fest
23h 43m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.