• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:17
CEST 03:17
KST 10:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7014 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 180

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 244 Next
pedduck
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Thailand468 Posts
June 26 2012 04:59 GMT
#3581
Guy, do those usb gaming headphone is good for their price? I mean from brand such as steel series and razor and so on. I am using stereo speaker (nht dimond) but I think it is too good for a computer so I am thinking I want to try gaming headphone. Thank you.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
June 26 2012 06:42 GMT
#3582
On June 26 2012 13:59 pedduck wrote:
Guy, do those usb gaming headphone is good for their price? I mean from brand such as steel series and razor and so on. I am using stereo speaker (nht dimond) but I think it is too good for a computer so I am thinking I want to try gaming headphone. Thank you.


Don't buy gaming headphones if you're not gonna play a FPS game. They're a waste of money when you aren't sound-whoring the shit out of the other team. If you noticed, the USB gaming ones cost somewhere anywhere from $40+ bucks, and honestly if you're gonna get a USB SS or Razer headset, you're probably going to be better off using a good pair of earphones and just use a cheapo mic. Reason being is that you don't need the functionality presented by gaming headphones, and honestly their music quality isn't that impressive for their price.
pedduck
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Thailand468 Posts
June 26 2012 08:43 GMT
#3583
On June 26 2012 15:42 LanTAs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 13:59 pedduck wrote:
Guy, do those usb gaming headphone is good for their price? I mean from brand such as steel series and razor and so on. I am using stereo speaker (nht dimond) but I think it is too good for a computer so I am thinking I want to try gaming headphone. Thank you.


Don't buy gaming headphones if you're not gonna play a FPS game. They're a waste of money when you aren't sound-whoring the shit out of the other team. If you noticed, the USB gaming ones cost somewhere anywhere from $40+ bucks, and honestly if you're gonna get a USB SS or Razer headset, you're probably going to be better off using a good pair of earphones and just use a cheapo mic. Reason being is that you don't need the functionality presented by gaming headphones, and honestly their music quality isn't that impressive for their price.


Thank you, I am going to go back and start reading from page 100 to find a good headphone then.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
June 26 2012 11:40 GMT
#3584
On an impulse I went ahead and got myself a "Asus Xonar Essence ST(PCI)" and the "Sennheiser HD598's". I've got realtek drivers installed would I be ok with just uninstalling the drivers and disabling the card in BIOS or would it be recommended as with GPU's to reinstall Windows?

Anything else I should think about going from the on-board to Essence?

Hope the combo sounds good.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
June 26 2012 23:23 GMT
#3585
I'm looking for some In-Ears for a max of around $150, mainly using for music but also some gaming sc/fps. Any tips?
My priority is Music>>>>>>>>>Gaming so the gaming part is just a bonus
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
June 27 2012 00:29 GMT
#3586
On June 27 2012 08:23 Epoxide wrote:
I'm looking for some In-Ears for a max of around $150, mainly using for music but also some gaming sc/fps. Any tips?
My priority is Music>>>>>>>>>Gaming so the gaming part is just a bonus


What kind of sound sig do you want? Balanced, bass-heavy? What genres do you listen to?
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
June 27 2012 00:35 GMT
#3587
On June 27 2012 09:29 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 08:23 Epoxide wrote:
I'm looking for some In-Ears for a max of around $150, mainly using for music but also some gaming sc/fps. Any tips?
My priority is Music>>>>>>>>>Gaming so the gaming part is just a bonus


What kind of sound sig do you want? Balanced, bass-heavy? What genres do you listen to?

Mostly balanced, slight bass. I listen to a lot of genres so it's hard to say ;;
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 02:22:51
June 27 2012 02:01 GMT
#3588
Hmm, hard to think of something around the price range. Most IEMs at around 150 have a bit of coloration to their sound.

Maybe the Vsonic GR07. From what I've read about IEMs, that might be what fits your needs the best. You can also look into the ATH CKM500.

Never tried both out though so I suggest you don't follow my advice blindly.It's just based off what I read. I suggest finding a place where you can audition stuff before making the plunge and purchasing these.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
June 27 2012 02:18 GMT
#3589
What would you guys recommend for the best non-noise-cancelling headphones for a reasonable price? (probably ~100, no more than 150). I listen to a lot of different types of music but I do like bass (but not so that everything else sounds like crap). Thanks!
derp
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
June 27 2012 08:56 GMT
#3590
On June 27 2012 09:35 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 09:29 rebdomine wrote:
On June 27 2012 08:23 Epoxide wrote:
I'm looking for some In-Ears for a max of around $150, mainly using for music but also some gaming sc/fps. Any tips?
My priority is Music>>>>>>>>>Gaming so the gaming part is just a bonus


What kind of sound sig do you want? Balanced, bass-heavy? What genres do you listen to?

Mostly balanced, slight bass. I listen to a lot of genres so it's hard to say ;;


We can't pick something if you don't offer your preferred sound signature. You say balanced now, but I don't know if that is your cup of tea. A great entry level headphone using some new and cheap technology (nano tubes) is the JVC HA-FXD80.
Another great series of headphones in the 100-200 range are the VSonic GR07, RE262 (amplifier required) and others.
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
June 27 2012 08:57 GMT
#3591
On June 26 2012 15:42 LanTAs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 13:59 pedduck wrote:
Guy, do those usb gaming headphone is good for their price? I mean from brand such as steel series and razor and so on. I am using stereo speaker (nht dimond) but I think it is too good for a computer so I am thinking I want to try gaming headphone. Thank you.


Don't buy gaming headphones if you're not gonna play a FPS game. They're a waste of money when you aren't sound-whoring the shit out of the other team. If you noticed, the USB gaming ones cost somewhere anywhere from $40+ bucks, and honestly if you're gonna get a USB SS or Razer headset, you're probably going to be better off using a good pair of earphones and just use a cheapo mic. Reason being is that you don't need the functionality presented by gaming headphones, and honestly their music quality isn't that impressive for their price.



I could not agree more. If you're not using the headphones for gaming, gaming headphones are terrible for any actual fidelity. Just like certain headphones such as the AD-700 offered by Audiotechnica is overrated in that although it is good for gaming due to its sound signature and spatial cues, it is otherwise not so good as in bad.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
June 27 2012 09:03 GMT
#3592
On June 27 2012 17:56 kineSiS- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 09:35 Epoxide wrote:
On June 27 2012 09:29 rebdomine wrote:
On June 27 2012 08:23 Epoxide wrote:
I'm looking for some In-Ears for a max of around $150, mainly using for music but also some gaming sc/fps. Any tips?
My priority is Music>>>>>>>>>Gaming so the gaming part is just a bonus


What kind of sound sig do you want? Balanced, bass-heavy? What genres do you listen to?

Mostly balanced, slight bass. I listen to a lot of genres so it's hard to say ;;


We can't pick something if you don't offer your preferred sound signature. You say balanced now, but I don't know if that is your cup of tea. A great entry level headphone using some new and cheap technology (nano tubes) is the JVC HA-FXD80.
Another great series of headphones in the 100-200 range are the VSonic GR07, RE262 (amplifier required) and others.

I wouldn't recommend the re262, I'm usually really carefull with my shit but 1 of the ears stopped working after like 3months, had it replaced(shitty customer service took about 40emails to get it going), got them replaced, broke after a week. Cba to get them replaced again, might've been really bad luck but those were some of the thinnest cables I've seen.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Imbattable
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany85 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 17:44:53
June 27 2012 17:44 GMT
#3593
So I got my used AKG 601 (still made in Austria, not China) today and can compare them to my Sennheiser 555 (modded to 595). BOY they sound a lot clearer. Bass is lighter than on the Sennheiser but sounds more precise, less "drowny".

Comfort is amazing, they feel very light and barely noticable. They are a lot quieter though. I ordered new pads for them, both the original 601 and the 501 pads, because their textile surface intrigued me. Will report if this changes the sound noticably.

Definitely great cans!
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
June 28 2012 06:38 GMT
#3594
On June 25 2012 18:23 kineSiS- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 02:33 slytown wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:11 kineSiS- wrote:
On June 24 2012 08:23 slytown wrote:
On June 24 2012 07:31 Bambipwnsu wrote:
nice ray bans and cans!

what are those 3 boxes on your desk for? I'm assuming they are amps/dacs and all that, could you go into a bit more detail?


Bottom is the Audio-GD COmpass (amp/dac, Class A), above is my M-Audio 410 interface for mic/instrument, and on top is the Cambridge Audio 540p preamp for the turntable.


You might want to try the AKG K550. Many popular reviewers are claiming as the new flag ship trumping the K701/2


It's a closed can. I don't think so. I hear it does very well for that category though.


http://www.headfonia.com/akgs-new-reference-the-k550/



The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
June 28 2012 09:06 GMT
#3595
If you're looking for any headphones with bass, the K550 isn't for you. Yes you can hear it, but the impact just isn't there. My open headphones have more impact than those. For those who want balanced sound out of a closed headphones, the K550 does the job quite well. They also have have the benefit of being some of the most plush cans I've tried.
© Current year.
Daitakk
Profile Joined November 2011
77 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 11:10:27
June 28 2012 10:58 GMT
#3596
I'm looking to buy a decent set of entry level headphones in the €50 range. I like really strong bass and I'm a clumsy fucker so it would be nice if they were on durable side.

Anyone got any recommendations?
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 12:10:36
June 28 2012 12:10 GMT
#3597
Whoever made the Denon AH-D2000 recommendation thanks very much! These cans are amazing. I feel like they are a cut above my HD598s in terms of overall sound quality. Plus they have a very well-articulated and detailed bass, though it's not as punchy as I would have liked.
REEBUH!!!
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
June 28 2012 12:48 GMT
#3598
On June 28 2012 21:10 LunarC wrote:
Whoever made the Denon AH-D2000 recommendation thanks very much! These cans are amazing. I feel like they are a cut above my HD598s in terms of overall sound quality. Plus they have a very well-articulated and detailed bass, though it's not as punchy as I would have liked.


No problem. Just trying to help out the community. Right, you won't have the tighest bass at the price range of the D2000's. However they are great closed cans for the price range.
BleaK_
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway593 Posts
June 28 2012 20:10 GMT
#3599
On June 28 2012 21:10 LunarC wrote:
Whoever made the Denon AH-D2000 recommendation thanks very much! These cans are amazing. I feel like they are a cut above my HD598s in terms of overall sound quality. Plus they have a very well-articulated and detailed bass, though it's not as punchy as I would have liked.


You can also get the fiio e7, set the bass boost to 1 and get a more "punchy" type of bass, had this combination for a while and it really is a great sound for the bucks (both e7 and Denon2000).
Fenrisulf
Profile Joined August 2010
United States325 Posts
June 28 2012 20:21 GMT
#3600
Does anyone have experience with the AKG K240 as a gaming headphone? I will be using it for both gaming and music. I listen to mostly vocal trance but a bunch of other stuff too. Also, how are the K240s at keeping sound in/out?

Feel free to recommend anything else in a similar price range
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings60
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 137
RuFF_SC2 39
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 640
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 279
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox579
Mew2King186
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1136
Other Games
summit1g9725
Day[9].tv663
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft324
C9.Mang0252
ArmadaUGS68
ViBE51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 148
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv663
• Scarra589
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 44m
OSC
20h 44m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.