• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:42
CEST 01:42
KST 08:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8227 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 155

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 244 Next
lvlashimaro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States91 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 10:53:36
March 28 2012 09:24 GMT
#3081
I'm so sorry to ask, but I really can't be bothered reading through 154 pages of text, though I've read through the past 10 or so pages. I'm looking for headphones that will stay on my desk (I have some earphones for when I leave the apt) up to $250 MAX (this includes any amp or dac or whatever). From what I've gathered, I see the Audio Technica ATH-A700, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, Audio-Technica ATH M50, and Beyerdynamic DT 770 (though the one on Amazon says they are 250ohms rather than the 80ohms people on the thread are talking about) as potential candidates. Also I'm living with someone in the same room, so it'd be preferable to have a set that doesn't leak sound to the outside world. I don't care about noise cancelling. I'm fine with hearing conversations and all that. Also, should I get a soundcard before deciding on some headphones? Do I need to consider an amp?

I listen to almost all music. I listen to classical, metal, rock, hip-hop, electronic music of all types, blahblahblah gaming blahblah. My current headphones are AKG 460, which don't sound terrible (to me), but they're in the process of breaking. One of the wires snapped inside and now sound sometimes stops coming out of the left ear.

Also, I wanna say I don't care about form, but I do. Anything that doesn't look hideous is fine.
작은 두손을 모은 내 기도는 하나 뿐이야 돌아와
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
March 28 2012 16:56 GMT
#3082
On March 28 2012 14:56 Ckalvin wrote:
Congrats! Did you decide on an amp yet?


I haven't really looked at the Amp thing yet. I'll probably be back in this thread in a month.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 28 2012 16:56 GMT
#3083
The AD-700 is open, so it will definitely leak sound. Between the M50 and the DT 770, I'd choose the M50. You won't need an amp/dac for those imo.
© Current year.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 00:10:56
March 29 2012 00:08 GMT
#3084
DT 770 250 ohms may be a bit quiet without a dedicated amplifier. It depends on how loud you want to listen and how the music is mastered though. The 80 ohms of course won't need as much voltage, so it should be fine off of common sources unless you're listening to exceptionally quietly-mastered classical music. Well actually you probably wouldn't want DT 770 to listen to classical music anyway.

In general between M50 and DT 770 I'd choose the 770 because it's larger and more comfortable. Since you don't need all the isolation, also ATH-A900 (you mentioned A700 earlier but A900 is also in budget).
lvlashimaro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States91 Posts
March 29 2012 01:40 GMT
#3085
I found a pair of 770 80 ohms for $130 new, so I almost felt obligated to pull the trigger on it. My source is my desktop, which doesn't have a dedicated sound card (it's just whatever came with the motherboard). It shouldn't cause too much trouble, right? Also thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm going to take it I should keep my remaining $120 and save it for either a better set of headphones or an amp/DAC that could be used in the long run.
작은 두손을 모은 내 기도는 하나 뿐이야 돌아와
Nuttyguy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom1526 Posts
March 29 2012 16:59 GMT
#3086
Does anyone have an opinion of these ?

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/promotional-items/devices/8212
thinking about getting them since they're on sale.
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 29 2012 18:07 GMT
#3087
Good reviews from what I've read. I considered buying them on amazon but quite a few people have said that they had a hard time fitting it in. Also, I don't think logitech is making them anymore.
© Current year.
DirtyCash
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada189 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 11:03:22
March 30 2012 10:44 GMT
#3088
Just received my Aurisonics ASG-1 today and I think I'm in love.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Out of the box I absolutely hated the sound, very muffled highs and shouty mids. Got them second hand from HeadFi S/T, the burn-in was already done so I was really disappointed. on top of that I couldnt get a good fit with any of the million silicon tips I had in stock.
Found the perfect fit with reversed comply Ts-400s. great seal, great confort.
I also found out that those IEMs are notorious for responding extremely well to EQ, so I EQ'd. Toned down the mids a bit around 1kHz and upped highs and lows in a "funnel" fashion. They turned in a different beast altogether.

The bass is massive but always tight and well controlled (I thought my EPH-100 had a nice bass but they get shattered both in quality and quantity), treble is excellent, vocals are excellent, the level of clarity and the instrument separation are amazing (they were already pre-EQ).
Basically everything I throw at them sounds incredible. Bonus: the cable is one of the best I have ever seen and due to their "custom-like" design they dont move a millimeter in my ear while moving.
I wanted to give some hearing time to my recently arrived Q701/M-Stage combo this week but they will have to wait.
fOrGG ♦ Creator
DirtyCash
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada189 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 09:41:25
March 31 2012 09:24 GMT
#3089
On March 30 2012 01:59 Nuttyguy wrote:
Does anyone have an opinion of these ?

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/promotional-items/devices/8212
thinking about getting them since they're on sale.


Did you end up getting them? If not you should really check those out beforehand:
Vsonics GR07 (forget about it if bass is very important to you)
Yamaha EPH100
JVC FXT90

Those are the kings of the $~150 price range.
fOrGG ♦ Creator
uriel-
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore1867 Posts
March 31 2012 09:42 GMT
#3090
Very interested in the Aurisonics myself, but there have been so many polarizing reviews that I'm afraid to take the plunge. It's also really hard to get a demo set with such a new product...guess I'll have to wait for reviews of the filtered version.
DirtyCash
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada189 Posts
March 31 2012 10:51 GMT
#3091
On March 31 2012 18:42 uriel- wrote:
Very interested in the Aurisonics myself, but there have been so many polarizing reviews that I'm afraid to take the plunge. It's also really hard to get a demo set with such a new product...guess I'll have to wait for reviews of the filtered version.


Yeah I understand the polarization as I'm myself a little conflicted. Technically they seem to punch way above their price but the required EQing means no good portability (for me) as EQ on my iTouch sounds awful, theres some distortion and a "veil" on the sound that I could reduce greatly on my laptop but is still way audible there.
I also lack a top-tier universal to draw a good comparison, I heard the SM3 but it was quite a few months ago, Ill try to get them back.
I'm thinking about ordering the JVC FX700 and keeping the winner to my ears + the GR07.

btw this is what aural conflict looks like: (M50s not pictured)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
fOrGG ♦ Creator
ghindo
Profile Joined March 2012
United States58 Posts
March 31 2012 19:16 GMT
#3092
I've owned a pair of Sony MDR-7506s for a couple years now, and couldn't be more pleased with them. I still haven't found a great way to store them when I'm not using them on my computer, and was thinking about getting some sort of headphone stand.

Any suggestions?
Makavillin
Profile Joined March 2011
113 Posts
March 31 2012 19:31 GMT
#3093
Too much text to go through. Anyone have the Denon AHD2000's? What are your thoughts. I'm replacing Apple standard in ear headphones so any upgrade will probably be better haha. I noticed the AHNC800's are the same price.
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
March 31 2012 20:32 GMT
#3094
On April 01 2012 04:31 Makavillin wrote:
Too much text to go through. Anyone have the Denon AHD2000's? What are your thoughts. I'm replacing Apple standard in ear headphones so any upgrade will probably be better haha. I noticed the AHNC800's are the same price.

I've heared good things about them(the Denon's). I hanvn't tried them myself but from what i've read they are quite bassy. So if you like bass i would recommend you trying them out. Dont just blindly buy something off the internet. Go to a store and listen to them and compare them to other cans.
"!@€#" - as some guy said
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 01:05:33
March 31 2012 22:58 GMT
#3095
On April 01 2012 04:31 Makavillin wrote:
Too much text to go through. Anyone have the Denon AHD2000's? What are your thoughts. I'm replacing Apple standard in ear headphones so any upgrade will probably be better haha. I noticed the AHNC800's are the same price.


It's the most recommended closed headphone at around that price. If you're using at the home or office, then it does a fantastic job. It doesn't isolate very well (still better than open) so commuting with them is probably out of the question. If you look back a page, you'll notice that Flicky just bought them.

The time you spent typing that post could have been put into a google search.
© Current year.
BlueBoxSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States582 Posts
March 31 2012 23:00 GMT
#3096
I would have better headphones if I was made out of money. Right now I'm rocking the Logitech G330.

http://www.logitech.com/gaming/headsets/devices/5848
BwCBlueBox.837
Vix_Vaporub
Profile Joined March 2012
6 Posts
April 01 2012 01:54 GMT
#3097
I'm looking to get a decent pair of headphones in the 100-$200 range, I'll probably be buying online. What I'd really like is one with good noise cancellation, and a mic if possible. They'll mostly be used for gaming, and music (classic rock mostly, I don't listen to much bassy stuff.) I don't have a special soundcard either. thoughts?
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
April 01 2012 02:07 GMT
#3098
On March 29 2012 10:40 lvlashimaro wrote:
I found a pair of 770 80 ohms for $130 new, so I almost felt obligated to pull the trigger on it. My source is my desktop, which doesn't have a dedicated sound card (it's just whatever came with the motherboard). It shouldn't cause too much trouble, right? Also thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm going to take it I should keep my remaining $120 and save it for either a better set of headphones or an amp/DAC that could be used in the long run.


They'll work great =) Have them myself.
Shadowforce17
Profile Joined September 2011
18 Posts
April 01 2012 04:00 GMT
#3099
Anyone have an opinion on the sound quality of the G930s? (compared to other wireless headsets/headphones)
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 17:16:19
April 01 2012 17:10 GMT
#3100
Oh wow hey everyone. I never thought of this before and I'm dumb not having thought about it sooner.

I have an aviation headset, it's a 5DX by Flightcom. I was wondering if it could be possible to use it in my computer with an adapter of some sort, as aviation headsets have a bigger kind of jack than normal headphones. I googled a bit and apparently adapters exist. They cost between 30$ and 45$ apparently. The headset itself cost somewhere around 180€.

Does anyone have experience using aviation headsets for music and/or gaming? The headset I have cost twice as much as the headphones I have at the moment, I'm guessing the quality could be really good? It might be a bit weird considering it wasn't made for playing music. The other thing that's nice is that it has a mic (except the mic's jack is also bigger than standard). So I was wondering if it's worth putting in 30 or 40€ into an adapter or if I should just save my money and buy a standard headphone instead. So yeah worth it?

Here's a .pdf of the manual, maybe there's relevant information in it: http://www.flightcom.net/pdf/5dx_manual_new.pdf
maru lover forever
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings60
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 877
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
Doublelift5307
JimRising 774
Other Games
summit1g9572
FrodaN3366
KnowMe197
C9.Mang0194
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie874
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 18m
Replay Cast
23h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.