• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:08
CEST 11:08
KST 18:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6856 users

TL a little too strict on speech? - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 25 Next All
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
September 24 2010 23:34 GMT
#301
Lol ive been told many times, that there "is no free speech on teamliquid" I think that people just need to get used to it. Personally sometimes it can get annoying to censor certain things but I have grown to accept it over time. That's personally why I am more of a lurker lol, I don't feel like getting in an argument and then losing my cool just to get banned.
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
September 24 2010 23:39 GMT
#302
Too strict!? If anything, it is the exact opposite. You can freely state your opinion on TL and you can use whatever vocabulary you desire to do so. Just take a look at the general forum. People engage in heated, passionate discussions and have not to fear being shut up by a mod, unless of course they post pointless personal insults or derail the thread in a very stupid manner.
The example in the OP is a post with no meaning or purpose. Such posts not only don't contribute, but have a destructive effect on this site. They derail threads and hamper people to share their views on the actual topic. Just take a look at the other posts on page one that instead of discussing the topic, are targeted at the incredibly insightfull first comment...
TL is not strict on speech. It is strict on destructive stupidy and pointless insults.
In fact, the moderation on TL is damn close to perfect.


On September 25 2010 07:59 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 02:48 Terrakin wrote:
On September 25 2010 02:39 chimthegrim wrote:

This thread as an example:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=155453


The first response was a guy that said this:

"Come on guys... Idra isnt god... he gonna qq like every other zerg player because they didnt receive buff..."

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.



So now the question I am raising here is "Is TL a little too strict on what can or can't be said on the forums?"

The example I provided is someone who in obvious disagreement and he has expressed that by saying "Idra isn't god." Yet, this is ban worthy? I'm wondering why it is so easy to get temp banned on TL.

Well, just a thought. Hopefully I don't get banned for this post.





It is temp-ban worthy imo, the thread was IdrA's opinion on the patch notes. This guy who is stating that "IdrA isnt god" etc wasn't talking about patch notes, or IdrA's opinion on them, just his opinion on IdrA

The fact that Idra is not god is not an opinion, it's a fact, unless I really didn't understand something.

He is just saying that Idra is not the oracle, and that he can eventually talk following his interest.

Personally, I don't find that offensive.


It doesn't matter if it is offensive or not. The post didn't serve any purpose but stirring a flamewar and derailing the thread, as can be seen when looking at the other posts on page one. Maybe the post would have been somewhat acceptable if there were one or two paragraphs (or at least a single sentence!) responding to Idra's concerns...



On September 25 2010 07:57 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
You guys do know that there is a report feature, right? Sometimes posts get overlooked. If you use it properly, state the reason, and maybe cite that someone else was banned for the same thing, they'll not treat people differently. Oftentimes I think it's just that something was overlooked.


People only get the report option after being members for one year. I believe that's quite good though, since it gives users enough time to get used to the standards of the forum.
grigorin
Profile Joined December 2009
Austria275 Posts
September 24 2010 23:45 GMT
#303
Wrote a post - deleted it, because I found it not very important. Now writing this, because I think it's quite a funny situation. More people should just delete their post before submitting shitty things ^_^

I think thats the reason why I didn't surpass 50 posts in the last couple of years.

Keep TL.net clean!
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
September 24 2010 23:49 GMT
#304
The moment you believe your basic right in real life applies to Team Liquid just as equally, you lose.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:50:28
September 24 2010 23:50 GMT
#305
On September 25 2010 08:49 Hesmyrr wrote:
The moment you believe your basic right in real life applies to Team Liquid just as equally, you lose.


To be fair I've seen about 10 people saying "lol 1st amendment doesn't apply here," but I haven't seen anyone claim that they have a LEGAL right to free speech here yet. OP is just saying the level of acceptable conduct is too high and should be lowered.
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
September 24 2010 23:54 GMT
#306
On September 25 2010 08:45 grigorin wrote:
Wrote a post - deleted it, because I found it not very important. Now writing this, because I think it's quite a funny situation. More people should just delete their post before submitting shitty things ^_^

I think thats the reason why I didn't surpass 50 posts in the last couple of years.

Keep TL.net clean!

Know how you feel, though I think I posted a bit faster than you, compares numbers, might be a bit of an understatement.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
September 25 2010 00:02 GMT
#307
You can say pretty much anything on TL and not be banned for it. You can take almost any stance on any topic and not get banned. It's how you write your thoughts that count here. If you come off as a douchebag you're going to get banned. If you don't give any reasoning behind your thoughts you're going to get warned. If you're offensive to anyone you're going to get warned/banned.

As long as you write out your stance well, add thought to your argument and keep it from being inflammatory you're golden. Despite what a lot of new people think there is no rule written or unwritten about disagreeing with someone/something. It's how you present your disagreement that matters.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
RafikiSC
Profile Joined August 2010
United States90 Posts
September 25 2010 00:05 GMT
#308
If you don't like TL's rules, perhaps you should spend some time over on the Battle.net forums... There you can find literally thousands of threads full of inaccurate and borderline moronic information and opinions (there are certainly some threads like that here, but the number of them is considerably lower than bnet). TL moderates in the fashion that they do because they want people to find useful and quality information, the example that the OP cited met neither of these two conditions.
"Ah, yes, that is Hulk Hogan's signature look; blond Chinese hair and the skin of a hot dog."-Dennis Reynolds
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
September 25 2010 00:06 GMT
#309
I like TL how it is now!
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
September 25 2010 00:09 GMT
#310
On September 25 2010 08:30 Kennigit wrote:
the goons sc2 board has a thread dedicated to whats wrong with TL's "lax" ban standards. We are not too strict rofl

I just had a brilliant idea: Banned people have to pay $10 to rejoin. Seriously.

+ Show Spoiler +
SA is an amazing forum, but I am too cheap to pay
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
September 25 2010 00:11 GMT
#311
I am sure it's less to do with the "Idra isn't god" statement and more to do with the " he gonna qq like every other zerg player".

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind TL being more strict. There are far too many "whine" posts, personal attacks, etc that go unchecked. I guess the admins can only do so much.
ckw
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1018 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 00:16:40
September 25 2010 00:16 GMT
#312
On September 25 2010 02:39 chimthegrim wrote:

This thread as an example:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=155453


The first response was a guy that said this:
Show nested quote +

"Come on guys... Idra isnt god... he gonna qq like every other zerg player because they didnt receive buff..."

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.



So now the question I am raising here is "Is TL a little too strict on what can or can't be said on the forums?"

The example I provided is someone who in obvious disagreement and he has expressed that by saying "Idra isn't god." Yet, this is ban worthy? I'm wondering why it is so easy to get temp banned on TL.

Well, just a thought. Hopefully I don't get banned for this post.





No, the guy was trolling. You want that sort of thing allowed? Plus why would a FORUM have freedom of speech, this isn't America, it's the internet bro.
Being weak is a choice.
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
September 25 2010 00:17 GMT
#313
On September 25 2010 09:16 ckw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 02:39 chimthegrim wrote:

This thread as an example:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=155453


The first response was a guy that said this:

"Come on guys... Idra isnt god... he gonna qq like every other zerg player because they didnt receive buff..."

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.



So now the question I am raising here is "Is TL a little too strict on what can or can't be said on the forums?"

The example I provided is someone who in obvious disagreement and he has expressed that by saying "Idra isn't god." Yet, this is ban worthy? I'm wondering why it is so easy to get temp banned on TL.

Well, just a thought. Hopefully I don't get banned for this post.





No, the guy was trolling. You want that sort of thing allowed? Plus why would a FORUM have freedom of speech, this isn't America, it's the internet bro.


the internet is where the people of china go to to look for freedom of speech...
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
September 25 2010 00:19 GMT
#314
I like that TL is a balance,

It's not as crazy strict as elitistjerks.com (although that said, I'm fine with that too)
And it's not an absolute snooze-fest like... well... most other forums out there.

The TL balance is like Brood War. Just right.
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Scrubwave
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland1786 Posts
September 25 2010 00:21 GMT
#315
--- Nuked ---
Rev0lution
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1805 Posts
September 25 2010 00:22 GMT
#316
Haha, OP was obviously not around when Twisted and Rekrul were moderating.
My dealer is my best friend, and we don't even chill.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 00:31:55
September 25 2010 00:31 GMT
#317
This is turning into a "Sorry for seeming and possibly being rather stupid, but I didn't quite get it the first time around - mind clarifying exactly why I got banned?"-thread

I'm not complaining.
화이팅
Savio
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1850 Posts
September 25 2010 00:43 GMT
#318
I have to say that this OP is very sub-par. Almost no effort was made in the OP. You could have given more examples, statistics, made reference to the automated ban thread. You could have done many things, but instead you made almost no effort to make a thoughtful OP

Honestly, the only reason I think this thread stayed open is because its topic is "Are moderators too strict".

imo, we should have the debate in this thread, but it should be done in a thread with a better OP and this one should be closed.
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. – Winston Churchill
Clamev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Germany498 Posts
September 25 2010 00:52 GMT
#319
I like my TL the way it is
6Pool or die trying
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
September 25 2010 01:01 GMT
#320
On September 25 2010 02:44 myopia wrote:
TL's moderating is the finest on the internet.



truuuth. I think it really on bothers the whiny newb trolls. Once you get used to it you'll never want to let it go
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2543
Leta 1274
actioN 543
BeSt 381
Mong 161
Dewaltoss 127
Killer 123
sorry 77
Larva 56
sSak 45
[ Show more ]
Bale 32
ZergMaN 31
ToSsGirL 31
Aegong 28
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 15
HiyA 12
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli626
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy249
Sick203
crisheroes189
Pyrionflax128
KnowMe108
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick706
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos949
• Stunt428
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 52m
Replay Cast
13h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.