• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7912 users

TL a little too strict on speech? - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 25 Next All
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:13:46
September 24 2010 23:13 GMT
#281
On September 25 2010 08:08 Lightningbullet wrote:
well, some people get bans or warnings that they don't deserve. Like, I got temp banned for 2 days by saying "fail" to an SKT fan who complained about the Kwanro team transfer.:O

How can you think that you were banned for that one post? First you were issued this warning:

Please put some effort into your posts. One word replies and other low content posts are not appreciated here.

And then I gave this explanation for your ban:

You were warned to improve your posting, yet you continue to spew crap one-liners all over the forums. Post less or better please.

...the level of denial here is shocking. Didn't you read these explanations?
✌
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
September 24 2010 23:13 GMT
#282
I agree that many posts are not ban worthy/warning worthy.

I understand it is their forum...but when you restrict a forum so much on what you can say...its not so much a forum anymore.
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
September 24 2010 23:16 GMT
#283
On September 25 2010 08:13 Khaymus wrote:
I agree that many posts are not ban worthy/warning worthy.

I understand it is their forum...but when you restrict a forum so much on what you can say...its not so much a forum anymore.


shit posts restrict on what others can read.

Sometimes I open a thread (usually in the sc2 forum) and see 16 pages. Of course the first thing I think is "Oh wonderful, lots of important discussion on X subject!".

Then waste 30 minutes of my life reading 16 pages of flaming, useless one posters, arguing, whining, etc.

You shouldn't be asking yourself "Can I get away with posting this?", you should be asking yourself "Does my post contribute anything interesting to the discussion?".

And I mean, this is coming from me, I'm not exactly the harshest of mods..
Moderator<:3-/-<
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
September 24 2010 23:16 GMT
#284
On September 25 2010 08:13 Khaymus wrote:
I agree that many posts are not ban worthy/warning worthy.

I understand it is their forum...but when you restrict a forum so much on what you can say...its not so much a forum anymore.


I don't understand. Are you not allowed to voice your opinion or participate in discussion anymore?
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
September 24 2010 23:17 GMT
#285
That's actually the first time I saw that and they posted it around a year ago? ._.
geshi
Profile Joined September 2010
33 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:19:13
September 24 2010 23:17 GMT
#286
Honestly, if you think TL is strict, try posting on EJ (Elitist Jerks - a WOW guild and discussion site). If your post does not actively contribute to the discussion and have original insight, then they will delete your post and give you a warning. I don't think TL is strict. The level of strictness they apply is good for the forums. It makes it a much more worthwhile place for discussions than other places. For example: personally, I'm not a huge fan of Idra, but I thought that troll was being a complete douche. I don't disagree with their temp ban there. I don't post on official Blizzard forums because they're too lax about trolling and flaming. If you post any kind of "newb question" you'll just get flamed and trolled endlessly because people are bored and like to be douches.

Edit: grammar.
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:19:50
September 24 2010 23:17 GMT
#287
You gotta take into account people who are banned may have had a previous record of shitty posting. Just throwing this out there, sure it's been posted already.

Plus, TL is actually a lot less strict than you may believe. In other forums, getting banned = insta post nuke, or simply disagreeing with a mod can get you banned. Then there's the forums that are too lenient and turn into one-liner flame heaven.

TL mods are a good mix of strictness and leniency, if you ask me.
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
NIJ
Profile Joined March 2010
1012 Posts
September 24 2010 23:17 GMT
#288
There's more than 1 mod then you're gonna get different results to same exact post. And even the same individual, as long as he's not a robot is gonna do things differently from time to time.

Unless someone is gonna write a guideline on how to deal with every single situation as a mod... expect some individual decisionmaking that's gonna seem inconsistent.
Act of thinking logically cannot possibly be natural to the human mind. If it were, then mathematics would be everybody's easiest course at school and our species would not have taken several millennia to figure out the scientific method -NDT
Lovedrop
Profile Joined April 2010
2629 Posts
September 24 2010 23:18 GMT
#289
Wait, what's the requirement for report function :o
Writerundefeated thunderdome champion 。゚+.(o´・ω・`o)+.゚。イィ!! :+:+: @lubdrop
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:21:33
September 24 2010 23:20 GMT
#290
On September 25 2010 08:18 Lovedrop wrote:
Wait, what's the requirement for report function :o

I think it's a time requirement of 1.5 years at the site for that account. You don't really need a report function to actually report bad posters, just pm a mod with a detailed explanation and a link to the horrible post. Report function just streamlines that.

On September 25 2010 08:00 JWD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 07:57 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
You guys do know that there is a report feature, right? Sometimes posts get overlooked. If you use it properly, state the reason, and maybe cite that someone else was banned for the same thing, they'll not treat people differently. Oftentimes I think it's just that something was overlooked.

This is a good point. If you are a new user and do not have access to the report feature, you can feel free to PM a mod if you see a post that is obviously unacceptable.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
September 24 2010 23:21 GMT
#291
Imagine TL is like a mafia. If you're rude to the mafia, you get whacked. If you're part of the mafia, you can give people shit.

Sometimes you can get this illusion that TL staff isn't just a bunch of normal guys. This site looks so professional, I can't blame you. But it is, and its governed by all the social rules—fair and unfair—that you experience in the rest of your life. The only reason this place is anything is because the admins are really nice, hard working guys. 1 in a million. The rest of the staff? They're people with free time. Good apples, bad apples, this sites too big to be picky.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
drekk
Profile Joined July 2010
91 Posts
September 24 2010 23:22 GMT
#292
Im kinda of scared to reply to this as i don't wanna get banned again cuz it really sucks ^ ^ so I love TL plz don't ban me again.
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9385 Posts
September 24 2010 23:24 GMT
#293
If you don't like TL don't come here!
Remember one of their rules: "This is our home and you are our guest". If you are feeling that somehow you don't belong here just search for another Starcraft Forum.
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 24 2010 23:27 GMT
#294
On September 25 2010 02:45 Hyde wrote:
In time you'll come to love the strict moderation on TL. Trust me, this place is awesome for a reason.

My first 50 posts I was scared stiff. Now I'm glad people are scared stiff
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
September 24 2010 23:27 GMT
#295
He wasn't banned for saying Idra isn't god, he was banned for QQ'ing about Zergs who QQ, and not bringing anything constructive to the post. I think that much should be obvious.

As for TL being strict: good. I like constructive forums without much trolling.
On my way...
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:30:34
September 24 2010 23:29 GMT
#296
If someone like me, that is a person who regularly gets told that they talk down to people and are pretty dickish in general, can make it 500 posts and only have one warning, then I'd say the mods aren't nearly as strict as some think.

Make a valid point without insulting someone and you have nothing to be worried about.
Moderator
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
September 24 2010 23:30 GMT
#297
the goons sc2 board has a thread dedicated to whats wrong with TL's "lax" ban standards. We are not too strict rofl
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:36:23
September 24 2010 23:32 GMT
#298
On September 25 2010 08:20 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 08:18 Lovedrop wrote:
Wait, what's the requirement for report function :o

I think it's a time requirement of 1.5 years at the site for that account. You don't really need a report function to actually report bad posters, just pm a mod with a detailed explanation and a link to the horrible post. Report function just streamlines that.

Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 08:00 JWD wrote:
On September 25 2010 07:57 SweeTLemonS[TPR] wrote:
You guys do know that there is a report feature, right? Sometimes posts get overlooked. If you use it properly, state the reason, and maybe cite that someone else was banned for the same thing, they'll not treat people differently. Oftentimes I think it's just that something was overlooked.

This is a good point. If you are a new user and do not have access to the report feature, you can feel free to PM a mod if you see a post that is obviously unacceptable.


Man that report option is so convenient though. I'm hoping it gets me a mod bid some day. : D jk


On September 25 2010 08:22 drekk wrote:
Im kinda of scared to reply to this as i don't wanna get banned again cuz it really sucks ^ ^ so I love TL plz don't ban me again.


I'd temp ban for two days to fuck with you for that. Those are just really annoying posts. Seriously, like so many people have said think "does this post contribute?" Also think, "Am I going to annoy people with this, in a bad, and non-funny way?" i.e. when you're trying to be funny think "If someone else posted this, would I lol?" If the answer is No, yes, no in that order, don't post. It's a very simple process.

I have a lot of posts here (not compared to some), but I've hit the back button on more that I can count, sometimes long posts, that I reread and said "holy shit, that's a stupid post." I'm not even amongst the best posters on this site, but if people applied that to themselves, then they wouldn't have to worry about bans, and mods wouldn't have to moderate as much.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
September 24 2010 23:32 GMT
#299
I came here specifically because of the strictness. I need somewhere to actually discuss things intellectually whenever I need to take my troll pants off.
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-24 23:34:55
September 24 2010 23:34 GMT
#300
On September 25 2010 08:30 Kennigit wrote:
the goons sc2 board has a thread dedicated to whats wrong with TL's "lax" ban standards. We are not too strict rofl


If its any comfort Kennigit I used to think you guys were real $@%'s. I think good moderating treads a very fine line between too restrictive and too lenient but I think you guys do a great job.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2998
RotterdaM618
TaKeTV 284
IndyStarCraft 178
BRAT_OK 77
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2998
RotterdaM 618
ByuN 367
IndyStarCraft 178
MaxPax 142
BRAT_OK 77
UpATreeSC 57
RuFF_SC2 27
ZombieGrub19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3424
Shuttle 852
Mini 462
EffOrt 405
Rush 180
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 95
910 75
Zeus 71
Shinee 64
[ Show more ]
HiyA 55
hero 54
Bale 25
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 11
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2809
Counter-Strike
fl0m4871
pashabiceps865
Fnx 702
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2578
Other Games
singsing2169
ceh9691
Beastyqt689
mouzStarbuck189
XaKoH 128
C9.Mang069
QueenE69
Trikslyr60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• StrangeGG 30
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV137
Other Games
• imaqtpie482
• Shiphtur286
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.