• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13295 users

TL Martial Artists - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 06 2010 19:31 GMT
#101
Did Aikido for a couple... years I think. Got to like 4th or 3rd Kyu or whatever, I lost the diplomas.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Moletrap
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1297 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-06 19:33:03
April 06 2010 19:31 GMT
#102
Damnit, I was just about to make a Napolean Donymite 'bo staff skills' joke.

I took some Aikido for a while. If you are short and skinny it's probably a good style... it focuses on redirection of energy instead of brute force, so you don't have to be strong to be good at it. One of my sensei's once was this old woman who looked like she should be teaching kindergarten, and she could friggin' throw me or anyone else across the room.

Edit: Well, it's cool even if you're not skinny, heh. Btw, it also focuses on nonviolence.

+ Show Spoiler +

Playing cello is probably cooler and more useful than anything else in this thread.
aka Moletrap
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 06 2010 19:34 GMT
#103
Yeah I'm also of the opinion that Cello lessons would have been way more beneficial.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-06 19:43:37
April 06 2010 19:40 GMT
#104
On April 07 2010 04:31 f10esqftw wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +

Playing cello is probably cooler and more useful than anything else in this thread.


I've already used bjj/wrestling in real life to defend myself/others twice...I don't think playing the cello in those situations would have helped anyone.


edit: lol at you getting thrown by an old lady.
SCC-Caliban
iMarshall
Profile Joined July 2008
Norway190 Posts
April 06 2010 19:44 GMT
#105
Taekwondo for 6 years, but quit a couple of years ago to play american football. Quit right after getting 2nd degree black belt (aka 2nd Dan).
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
April 06 2010 23:05 GMT
#106
On April 07 2010 04:15 statix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2010 02:12 nbMifu wrote:
I did 3 years of Taishan Kung Fu back home in Brazil. Had to stop since I'm studying in Italy for now. It is a northern kung fu style, that focus a lot in kicks, and I really improved my flexibility while practicing. I am also interested in practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the future, if my job leave me some spare time. The most famous BJJ academies in Brazil are in Rio and in the South, but i think I can find a nice one in Sao Paulo, where I will live.

Dude go train with Fabio Gurgel in Sao Paulo. He's supposed to speak fluent english, he has crazy bjj skills, and he's the teacher of one of the best grapplers ever (Marcelo Garcia).


Nice, I'll search for him. And since I'm Brazilian, no problem if he does not speaks english
I also heard that Macaco Gold Team is good, and it is in Sao Paulo too.

Thanks for the info statix.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
jeddus
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States832 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-06 23:16:40
April 06 2010 23:10 GMT
#107
Former Gracie jiujitsu blue belt and thai boxer.

Amateur MMA fighter 2001-2004.

Modest comeback in 2006.

My takedowns are terrible.

Here's a random "street fight" I was in.
There weren't any rules so to speak, but we were just fighting for kicks.

And yes, streetfighting is "stupid" but he had knocked out a buddy of mine that day, and I thought I might take a turn.



I was pretty beat up at the time as we had fought for a few minutes before that.

(I'm the little guy)
sex appeal
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 00:47:37
April 07 2010 00:41 GMT
#108
On April 07 2010 08:10 jeddus wrote:
Former Gracie jiujitsu blue belt and thai boxer.

Amateur MMA fighter 2001-2004.

Modest comeback in 2006.

My takedowns are terrible.



On December 29 2009 16:42 jeddus wrote:
Oddly enough, I don't "lol" at Zerg_Russian or find him completely offbase.

And my purple belt is under Renzo Gracie.

.


???

We knew you were lying then and I know you're lying now.

If that really was you in that video you're not a blue belt. A blue belt wouldn't get taken down and land on the shitty part of side control. A blue belt wouldn't flop his legs around for 3 second and then try to get to guard. A blue belt wouldn't completely jump over a guy to take his back.

Just stop.


edit:
On April 07 2010 08:05 nbMifu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2010 04:15 statix wrote:
On April 07 2010 02:12 nbMifu wrote:
I did 3 years of Taishan Kung Fu back home in Brazil. Had to stop since I'm studying in Italy for now. It is a northern kung fu style, that focus a lot in kicks, and I really improved my flexibility while practicing. I am also interested in practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the future, if my job leave me some spare time. The most famous BJJ academies in Brazil are in Rio and in the South, but i think I can find a nice one in Sao Paulo, where I will live.

Dude go train with Fabio Gurgel in Sao Paulo. He's supposed to speak fluent english, he has crazy bjj skills, and he's the teacher of one of the best grapplers ever (Marcelo Garcia).


Nice, I'll search for him. And since I'm Brazilian, no problem if he does not speaks english
I also heard that Macaco Gold Team is good, and it is in Sao Paulo too.

Thanks for the info statix.


Yeah no problem bro. Honestly you're not going to go wrong with any BJJ school in Sao Paulo. If I were you though I'd definitely go to Gurgel's just for a chance to meet Marcelo. The guy weighs like 160 lbs and tears through absolute divisions.
SCC-Caliban
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
April 07 2010 00:47 GMT
#109
Did jiu-jitsu, kung fu (bajiquan) and sanda/sanshou. Should get back to doing kung fu, nowadays I only frequently go to the gym.
觀過斯知仁矣.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
April 07 2010 01:27 GMT
#110
took tae kwon do for about 7 years b4 i moved on to track in HS. was a 2nd degree black belt b4 i stopped. was fun competing in tournaments and it was somewhat useful in one instance during high school

reading through the thread and alot of people learning really intresting styles that sound really ancient and way more interesting than TKD lol
Forever Young
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 14 2010 18:16 GMT
#111
On May 29 and 30, there will be a NAGA (North American Grappling Association) tournament at the Mass Mutual Center In Springfield, MA, USA. My roommate, my girlfriend, and I, as well as some friends are planning to attend. I will only be competing in the Novice league, but I just wanted to let the TL community know just in case anyone was nearby and wanted to go check it out.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
September 30 2010 17:38 GMT
#112
My school's MMA club is starting up again tonight, and I have to say, I'm super psyched. This past weekend I was watching my brother at a wrestling tournament, and I have been wanting to roll so badly ever since.

We've just hired a new coach who specializes in Muay Thai, so I'll actually be getting some striking experience now, although my love is still with BJJ.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
September 30 2010 17:55 GMT
#113
yes i fight sumo
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1463
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 265
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1463
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 265
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24078
Calm 2328
Shuttle 353
Mini 171
White-Ra 145
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 76
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1341
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3965
Liquid`Hasu559
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g5601
Liquid`RaSZi2310
fl0m1661
FrodaN1339
B2W.Neo782
olofmeister639
Khaldor442
Beastyqt333
Livibee196
crisheroes156
Pyrionflax101
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick556
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 27
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• niya90s 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1221
• Shiphtur672
• WagamamaTV376
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 23m
Replay Cast
3h 23m
OSC
16h 23m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.