• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:23
CEST 01:23
KST 08:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9812 users

Karma: Record industry faces liability - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-10 09:35:31
December 10 2009 09:10 GMT
#61
+ Show Spoiler [waay_offtopic] +
On December 10 2009 07:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Dunno why you leave me a riddle instead of actually calling me a name? (Some kind of half assed insult attempt?) And I didn't say I was special or better than you (guys). You are reading into my post exactly how I told you not to. I wasn't specifically claiming this 1 post on all of TL is the only reason I am different. It's a number of things I just don't relate with at all, and this kind of random fan fiction stuff is part of it (ex; hot_bid does this kind of stuff all the time).
imo it's not even a joke it's just clutter to me (and I'm not implying that my posting is the best or his is the worst either). So that is why I do not understand how you(guys) all loved it, when it's the complete opposite to me. I was just trying to understand it. That's all I'm saying.

ps- brown nosing and cocksucking mean the same thing, what the hell difference does it make how you say it. In fact if you visualize each act, which one is more disgusting?

Alright we're way off-topic here so I'll be brief... er than I usually am:

I was just explaining the joke, something I hate doing, and you were not just asking someone to explain the joke to you, you were at the same time implying that there was nothing to understand and that anyone who liked the joke was a cocksucker. Great job there bub. And if you were to tell your friends you didn't want to join in their games not because you felt they were immature or even childish, but because you yourself were "dissimilar" to them, you'd get your ass kicked wouldn't you?

And Charlie, the difference between "brown-nosing" and "cocksucking" is the same as the difference between "you're a bad man!" and "FUCK YOU!"

Which is something any third grader will be able to tell you. And on the subject of words, I think the common denominator of people who liked the joke was love of language, in other words it was not the joke itself but the way it was told that made it what it was. But fuck, I do hate to explain why shit is funny.

Buttfuck shit, teeheeeee!

Ok so feeling a little guilty here about jumping on the bashwagon, I gotta say I'm curious about this whole legal action thingy. The ones who are being sued are... record companies, right? And the ones who are doing the suing are... other record companies, right? Or are the artists acting on their own, outside of influences from their labels?

So basically all we need now is for the consumers to sue the artists and the whole deal will have gone full circle. I propose we start with Kanye West, that guy is a total douche.

Edit: Charlie, we're way too dissimilar, I'm taking a furlough from this congregation of altercations.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
December 10 2009 09:25 GMT
#62
nice this gives me an excuse to pirate

i can just say 'well, the record companies do it, so why cant i'
HEY MEYT
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
December 10 2009 09:26 GMT
#63
I hope they go broke, the music industry are total bastards.
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-10 09:29:04
December 10 2009 09:27 GMT
#64
i didn't call anyone who liked the joke a cocksucker, I said it could be either that or the other.

Brown nosing = sticking your nose up their ass because you think their shit doesn't stink.
And where i'm from, if you refer to someone sucking someone's dick it means the same as brown nosing. (a relevant context would be a woman in an office who sucked her way up the ranks)

ps- your analogy is absurd
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
December 10 2009 09:34 GMT
#65
SWEET REVENGE!
Brood War loyalist
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-10 10:17:01
December 10 2009 09:35 GMT
#66
lol at cow's post, was pretty funny and inventive but i get the feeling you may have let yourself get slightly carried away.

edit, now i read on it's even more funny as you seem to have made someone mini rage over people enjoying it.
Adonai bless
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
December 10 2009 09:37 GMT
#67
On December 09 2009 03:46 vGl-CoW wrote:
i am going to print this article out and eat it because it's just so delicious

"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
mrmin123 *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Korea (South)2971 Posts
December 10 2009 09:40 GMT
#68
I think vGi-CoW is great because he got you to react like this, CM.
Translator태양은 묘지위에 붉게 떠오르고 / 한낮에 찌는 더위는 나의 시련 일찌라!
uglymoose89
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States671 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-10 10:36:40
December 10 2009 10:36 GMT
#69
On December 09 2009 04:59 vGl-CoW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2009 03:55 cgrinker wrote:
On December 09 2009 03:46 vGl-CoW wrote:
i am going to print this article out and eat it because it's just so delicious


I'm going to print out a thousand and bathe in it.


I will print out however many it takes to approximate the weight of a healthy female. Then, I will not allow myself to rest until I have used this mass of articles to fashion a crude homunculus. Carefully, ever so gently, I will construct its facial features, its breasts (just the right size), its hips and thighs, the gentle curving of its buttocks and finally, (with trembling fingers), its genitalia. I will have it don a pretty dress and I will take it out to picknicks by the beach. I will tell it jokes and I will share stories that I have never before shared with anyone. Slowly, it will fall for me. We will hold hands as the sun dips into the sea over by the horizon, in silent awe of nature and quiet appreciation of one another. We will share secrets. We will share a bed, and even a toothbrush. When the time is right, we will get married. Others will judge me, but I won't care. With the most self-confident of smiles, I will call them ignorant. I won't even notice the empty church as I say my vows - I will have eyes only for my spouse. In due time, a pregnancy will follow. The doctor will be unable to hide his revulsion as he delivers our children. He will proclaim them to be demonic creatures and he will try to douse them in petrol - I will stop him. We will love our children, despite them being mushy, half-meat, half-paper wads. We will raise them to be good wads, the best wads they could possibly be. As they leave the house, we will know that we have done a fine job. As we are alone again, we will fill our autumn years with slow walks and cosy nights by the fireplace, quietly reminiscing about a life well-lived. We will tell each other "I love you" with nothing but a simple glance and a little smile. We will see each other grow old and wordlessly accept the implications. Finally, as she expires, I will find myself wanting to have gone first, to spare myself the grief of having half of one's soul taken away. When, after a few days, my weeping stops, I will solemnly carry her coffined remains to our back yard. By the cherry tree (her favorite tree in the whole wide yard), I will dig a grave and lay her to rest. Stopping only to dry my eyes and clear my vision, I will then dig a second grave and, smiling, knowing I could not have asked for a more beautiful and joy-filled life, I will use my dad's old gun, and lay myself to rest.


Damnit Cow, couldn't you have let the idea grow a bit before you out one-upped us all?

But lol anyways.
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
December 10 2009 11:36 GMT
#70
Meh, not quite the great thing that you guys think it is.

Sandwiches
returns upon momentous occasions.
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
December 10 2009 11:56 GMT
#71
On December 10 2009 03:06 Romance_us wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2009 07:53 Badjas wrote:
Charlie, you're a level above us. It might just be too hard to comprehend our thinking.



I love when arrogant is the first response to questioning others. Sadly to say Badjas, and I know this is really gonna hit the spot:

Somebody doesn't always think they are smarter than you when they oppose your opinion. Now please, get on our level. You're one step below.

edit: In retrospect, I guess it IS the easiest way out of an argument. Somebody debates you, *BAM*, call em arrogant, and you've possibly just discredited their argument somehow (wtf?)

I guess I took charlie's post in a different light than you did. I found his post to be arrogant, and I countered.
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
kefkalives
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Australia1272 Posts
December 10 2009 13:09 GMT
#72
I have never been happier. i think.
prOxi.bOn ; \\ What makes most people feel happy/Leads us headlong into harm.
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
December 10 2009 14:57 GMT
#73
Nobody deserves this kind of treatment not even the recording industry.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Railxp
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Hong Kong1313 Posts
December 10 2009 16:26 GMT
#74
that is some delicious irony right there. fileshare ftw.
~\(。◕‿‿◕。)/~,,,,,,,,>
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
December 10 2009 16:28 GMT
#75
Definitely not suck CoW's cock but I will definitely suck CoW's four breasts since it's rich in calcium!

not to derail the thread if they fucking win that 60 billion dollar lawsuit? Hell, what will happen to recording artists?
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-11 01:50:52
December 11 2009 01:47 GMT
#76
On December 10 2009 08:13 Physician wrote:
I get better news coverage here at teamliquid than I do watching cnn or your average shit-for-news tv news. Anyway, best news I heard this week, I truly hope they get nailed with their own poison and they don't weasel out of the class action suit.

TL.net does deliver some great news stories, yeah

As to the lawsuit... I'm not a particularly vindictive fellow. But the big four of the recording industry? They were just asking for it.

They had a bad, reactionary business model that stomped on innovation.

Instead of trying to win back consumers with good, legitimate alternatives, they harassed consumers, bringing some of them to financial ruin.

They claimed to do this on behalf of the artists, but most artists didn't want this. In fact, the record labels were also screwing the artists over, raking in the vast majority of profits from album sales.

They led a crusade against consumers in the name of copyright- and now it turns out they also engage in copyright infringement on a massive scale? Man, but I hope they burn for this.

On an unrelated note, CoW's controversial post was a bit over the top, but quite funny :p
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Perfect Assassin
Profile Joined August 2009
Mexico56 Posts
December 11 2009 03:09 GMT
#77
Wow, I had a big smile on my face for like 2 minutes. Couldn't stop it.
With fire justice is served
Spartan
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2030 Posts
December 11 2009 03:16 GMT
#78
Serves 'em right, especially for how sneaky they've been this past year.
# http://nkspartan.com (web engineer)
# TL member since July 2005; CEO of Vile Gaming; President of Team Vile
ghermination
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States2851 Posts
December 11 2009 03:18 GMT
#79
This thread always puts a smile on my face.
U Gotta Skate.
Captain Mayhem
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden774 Posts
December 11 2009 16:54 GMT
#80
Christmas sure came early this year!
Gravity is just a theory anyway.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 144
Vindicta 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10619
Artosis 476
Bale 15
TT1 3
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 710
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4395
Khaldor898
Other Games
summit1g8039
shahzam527
Day[9].tv350
Mew2King108
NeuroSwarm78
ArmadaUGS65
ViBE57
JuggernautJason42
PiGStarcraft15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• HerbMon 30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Scarra472
• Day9tv350
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
OSC
37m
Stellar Fest
13h 37m
OSC
22h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.