• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:56
CEST 09:56
KST 16:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 86

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 370 Next
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
November 23 2011 00:07 GMT
#1701
zzzzzzz 95%, i still can't stream that well T_T

[image loading]
Yoshh
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada78 Posts
November 23 2011 01:15 GMT
#1702
Started playing again after a month or so of break

Recently got this:
[image loading]


Streaming has also gotten a bit easier for me after changing the position of my keyboard. wooo

Now I gotta catch up to qilliam's rank :D
Dee-Kej
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden191 Posts
November 23 2011 03:59 GMT
#1703
On November 22 2011 15:56 Bobbias wrote:
Great to hear. Mouse-only players unite! (Also, I think I started the trend of posting score screenshots )

I'm still not that good either, but I recently broke top 10k players (which was a personal goal, mostly for something to keep me playing, because its got a lot of feedback and you can watch yourself slowly ranking up). Keep at it and you'll improve.

Also, I agree with what Camail said. I've found over the years I've been playing music games that the absolute BEST way to improve is to play songs that are beyond your skill level. Not too far beyond that you simply can't do it, but something at the very edge of too hard. Playing something too hard trains you to react to stuff you can't actually quite react to, and suddenly going back to easier stuff makes it seem easier than it did before. It's a subtle improvement sometimes, and sometimes a map that felt too fast before will just seem fine.

Woo! :D

I also have those kinds of goals - just recently I broke into top 16k, and I always keep playing to get above the next 1k mark ^^

And I've noticed that myself, especially after I started trying insane maps a couple of months ago - what seemed superhuman and impossible when I just begun is suddenly... doable. It's amazing how your perception of a map can change after trying even faster maps. One funny thing I've also noticed is how I can't for the life pass some of the second hardest maps, but the hardest difficulty I pass. It all boils down to how it's mapped to the music, and I've noticed that the hardest difficulties are often the best mapped compared to the beat and flow of the songs, which make them ever so much more fun to play. :D
Going progame(make)r!!
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 02:02:30
November 23 2011 10:57 GMT
#1704
On November 23 2011 10:15 Yoshh wrote:
Started playing again after a month or so of break

Recently got this:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Streaming has also gotten a bit easier for me after changing the position of my keyboard. wooo

Now I gotta catch up to qilliam's rank :D

I'll be idling at ~1000. Also I hate you for FCing maps I can't

edit: yay I FC something with tablet lol

[image loading]
( ・´ー・`)
Tenox
Profile Joined January 2007
Sweden128 Posts
November 24 2011 17:44 GMT
#1705
So how many tries/how much amount of time do you spend on trying to pass a certain song before you finally give up on it and come back to it another day/later?

I've been trying to pass a certain song for about 3-4(200-250tries) hours in a row now without pauses(finally gave up). Not an unrealistic song either, it's just within my reach. After a certain amount of time it starts to get insanely counterproductive, but my silly brain just thinks that you can power through that shit and EVENTUALLY get that pass when in reality you should just let it go.
Please check out my gallery at: 10ox.deviantart.com
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
November 24 2011 17:51 GMT
#1706
On November 25 2011 02:44 Tenox wrote:
So how many tries/how much amount of time do you spend on trying to pass a certain song before you finally give up on it and come back to it another day/later?

I've been trying to pass a certain song for about 3-4(200-250tries) hours in a row now without pauses(finally gave up). Not an unrealistic song either, it's just within my reach. After a certain amount of time it starts to get insanely counterproductive, but my silly brain just thinks that you can power through that shit and EVENTUALLY get that pass when in reality you should just let it go.


983 plays - BeForU - Chikara [Hard]

I passed.
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
November 24 2011 23:40 GMT
#1707
just FC'd this- with shit accuracy =0\
my streaming is still horribad

[image loading]
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 25 2011 00:07 GMT
#1708
On November 25 2011 02:44 Tenox wrote:
So how many tries/how much amount of time do you spend on trying to pass a certain song before you finally give up on it and come back to it another day/later?

I've been trying to pass a certain song for about 3-4(200-250tries) hours in a row now without pauses(finally gave up). Not an unrealistic song either, it's just within my reach. After a certain amount of time it starts to get insanely counterproductive, but my silly brain just thinks that you can power through that shit and EVENTUALLY get that pass when in reality you should just let it go.


Depends, usually I can tell if I'm capable of FCing with certain accuracy within a couple of plays of the song. If it's worth my time (and if I like the song) I'll retry as many times as necessary.

276 plays - Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say "Lazy" [Alazy]

That was from when I was a noob and that difficulty was the easiest one on that mapset at the time. tbh I'm a little embarrassed that's still in my most played lol

559 plays - Mizuki Nana - Justice to Believe [Keyboard-Breaking]

This one was from when I was getting better, I think it took me around 300-400 tries to first fc it (I spammed it for like 3-4 hours one day), then the other couple hundred plays were getting my accuracy to a point that I was happy with and playing it just for fun afterwards.

Now I just play casually so I don't really care too much about fcing things since I always play with Spun Out on but there are a few maps I want to try to fc with mods that I'll probably spend forever retrying on when I get serious about it.
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
November 25 2011 01:54 GMT
#1709
I know that I should focus on at least passing easier maps without the NoFail mod but I enjoy playing the fast and hard maps. Well, I have noticed a big change in my play. In one of those TL room a few months ago, I remember that someone introduced and that I couldn't even reach the circles in time. Now, I just played it again, a few minutes ago at post time, and I could reach most circles now. Just feel weird but good to see that this has changed. So yeah, it may be nothing compared to you guys.

Ezel-Ash - Love Colored Master Spark (Extra Stage)

Too bad, the map is in graveyard now and I'm not good enough to see flaws, I like the song.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 05:33:33
November 25 2011 02:28 GMT
#1710
On November 25 2011 09:07 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 02:44 Tenox wrote:
So how many tries/how much amount of time do you spend on trying to pass a certain song before you finally give up on it and come back to it another day/later?

I've been trying to pass a certain song for about 3-4(200-250tries) hours in a row now without pauses(finally gave up). Not an unrealistic song either, it's just within my reach. After a certain amount of time it starts to get insanely counterproductive, but my silly brain just thinks that you can power through that shit and EVENTUALLY get that pass when in reality you should just let it go.

276 plays - Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say "Lazy" [Alazy]

That was from when I was a noob and that difficulty was the easiest one on that mapset at the time. tbh I'm a little embarrassed that's still in my most played lol

That's similar to me except different difficulty.

326 plays - Yoko Hikasa - Don't Say "Lazy" [Pretty]

Back then I kept failing after ~10seconds because the spacing was too huge. But I was determined I could do it because the patterns weren't that difficult.

edit: new tablet FC. A map with a bit more difficult patterns this time

[image loading]
( ・´ー・`)
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 05:56:34
November 25 2011 05:55 GMT
#1711
Think just a couple weeks ago I was complaining about how 5 star songs were impossible. Just played a lot of 4 and 4+1/2 star songs, and now suddenly they're doable. So happy.

Saw someone asking up a few posts, but personally if i fail a song 4-5 times in a row I'll move on and come back to it later. No point in getting frustrated, this game is basically the perfect "just for fun" game for me. I can see people wanting to FC a song playing a lot more times in a row than that though, but I'm not that competitively minded yet.

My next goal is to break top 40k. (just broke 50k lol)
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 25 2011 08:05 GMT
#1712
On November 25 2011 10:54 Rizare wrote:
I know that I should focus on at least passing easier maps without the NoFail mod but I enjoy playing the fast and hard maps. Well, I have noticed a big change in my play. In one of those TL room a few months ago, I remember that someone introduced and that I couldn't even reach the circles in time. Now, I just played it again, a few minutes ago at post time, and I could reach most circles now. Just feel weird but good to see that this has changed. So yeah, it may be nothing compared to you guys.

Ezel-Ash - Love Colored Master Spark (Extra Stage)

Too bad, the map is in graveyard now and I'm not good enough to see flaws, I like the song.


It's a great map, it's too bad Gabi gave up on trying to get it approved just because people kept making a stink about the timing (which for the record seems fine to me).
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 17:04:52
November 25 2011 16:51 GMT
#1713
[image loading]
Tasteless repping osu lol.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 26 2011 16:27 GMT
#1714
On November 23 2011 12:59 Dee-Kej wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 15:56 Bobbias wrote:
Great to hear. Mouse-only players unite! (Also, I think I started the trend of posting score screenshots )

I'm still not that good either, but I recently broke top 10k players (which was a personal goal, mostly for something to keep me playing, because its got a lot of feedback and you can watch yourself slowly ranking up). Keep at it and you'll improve.

Also, I agree with what Camail said. I've found over the years I've been playing music games that the absolute BEST way to improve is to play songs that are beyond your skill level. Not too far beyond that you simply can't do it, but something at the very edge of too hard. Playing something too hard trains you to react to stuff you can't actually quite react to, and suddenly going back to easier stuff makes it seem easier than it did before. It's a subtle improvement sometimes, and sometimes a map that felt too fast before will just seem fine.

Woo! :D

I also have those kinds of goals - just recently I broke into top 16k, and I always keep playing to get above the next 1k mark ^^

And I've noticed that myself, especially after I started trying insane maps a couple of months ago - what seemed superhuman and impossible when I just begun is suddenly... doable. It's amazing how your perception of a map can change after trying even faster maps. One funny thing I've also noticed is how I can't for the life pass some of the second hardest maps, but the hardest difficulty I pass. It all boils down to how it's mapped to the music, and I've noticed that the hardest difficulties are often the best mapped compared to the beat and flow of the songs, which make them ever so much more fun to play. :D


Yeah, I've got the same problem. When a beat circle falls at a time that feels inconsistent with how the song should be mapped (IE they are artificially making it easier by not mapping stuff that should be mapped for consistency, or by mapping at odd times to keep the timing of the circles easier to follow) I fail terribly. I actually noticed that issue back when I started playing Stepmania (something like 6-7 years ago lol). I moved up through all the arcade simfiles quickly reaching heavy difficulty, and when I made it to heavy, I actually did worse on most of the easier stuff because I would expect a note at the correct timing, but the note would be placed somewhere else in order to make the timing easier for worse players.

Also, am I the only one who absolutely ABHORS replaying stuff over and over for a pass? Basically, if I try 2 or 3 times and fail, I quit an move on to something else. I play osu to have fun, and replaying the same sections of a song over and over again is not fun for me. If I know I haven't been able to pass a song regularly (or at all) I generally just play it through on no-fail, which gets me practice on both the section that kills me, and the rest of the song.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 27 2011 03:43 GMT
#1715
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/34348

lol at the current #1 score
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
November 27 2011 03:49 GMT
#1716
On November 27 2011 12:43 MegaManEXE wrote:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/34348

lol at the current #1 score

looks legit
( ・´ー・`)
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
November 27 2011 03:54 GMT
#1717
Man, haven't played this game in so long :O
Maybe i'll go into the TL room once in a while in the future.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 04:05:23
November 27 2011 04:05 GMT
#1718
edit: lol wrong thread
( ・´ー・`)
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
November 27 2011 04:47 GMT
#1719
Falco from law of ueki is a ranked beatmap

I thought I was the only one who saw that
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 14:40:40
November 27 2011 14:39 GMT
#1720
550 triesTommy Heavenly6 - Pray (TV Size) [Kagura]
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/71065
Back when i wasn't as good as i am now, i was pushing for my first #1 but i was unable to spin fast enough. so i tried HR+HD+FL also but just was not able to do it... stuck with HR+HD only 55th position
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 616
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft670
C9.Mang0251
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.