• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:27
CEST 10:27
KST 17:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9458 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 74

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 370 Next
Wineandbread
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2065 Posts
September 26 2011 22:00 GMT
#1461
It's like gold duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust
Lucidity
Profile Joined July 2010
South Africa603 Posts
September 26 2011 22:18 GMT
#1462
Pretty cool vid (: Nice one!

It almost makes me want to play again to be on the list ^^
Valar Morghulis
metamage1
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada29 Posts
September 26 2011 23:05 GMT
#1463
[image loading]

This map is so damn fun
┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Tenox
Profile Joined January 2007
Sweden128 Posts
September 26 2011 23:15 GMT
#1464
Yeah I agree, insanely fun map. I'm nowhere near your score though.:D Only passed it like twice so far!
Please check out my gallery at: 10ox.deviantart.com
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 23:54:38
September 26 2011 23:54 GMT
#1465
On September 27 2011 08:05 metamage1 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This map is so damn fun

How did you do that ._.

I guess you're really good at jumps.
( ・´ー・`)
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
September 27 2011 00:50 GMT
#1466
Can....can anyone beat this? I've tried so many times, and the fact that the FC list is so small means it must be hard....any tips? I can get about 25% through before it just runs me over.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28864
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 05:11:41
September 27 2011 04:59 GMT
#1467
[image loading]

I have no idea how many times i broke my combo during a slider in this play.

Still, proudface.
( ・´ー・`)
Yoshh
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada78 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 23:23:30
September 27 2011 23:09 GMT
#1468
[image loading]

finally @_@...

Accuracy is quite bad though.. I kept missing the same slider at the end when I was about to fc so I was pretty frustrated.

edit: I just fced this too :D http://puu.sh/6cR0
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
September 28 2011 01:10 GMT
#1469
Am I the only one who thinks Gold Dust is one of the most overrated maps ever

Seriously the spacing makes no sense

It's fun to play I'll admit but that still doesn't excuse the random ass spacing
Yoshh
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada78 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-28 01:56:16
September 28 2011 01:55 GMT
#1470
On September 28 2011 10:10 MegaManEXE wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Gold Dust is one of the most overrated maps ever

Seriously the spacing makes no sense

It's fun to play I'll admit but that still doesn't excuse the random ass spacing


I like it cause the map is really easy to read and it makes you look pro lol ^^

The song is catchy too
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
September 28 2011 16:47 GMT
#1471
Most of the time I'd also bitch about a map with some sort of issue like that, but considering how fun it is, I think the point is kinda moot. I mean, the whole point of playing a game is to have fun, and if some "rules" are broken in a map that ends up being fun despite that (or because of it) then why not? I think it's ridiculous t have arbitrary rules about how you should map something in a music game...

Of course, there is still such thing as a technically bad map, but I'd consider something like http://osu.ppy.sh/s/122 a technically bad map (and god is it fucking horrible.)

The whole "small circles, low AR, linear patterns, and lots of overlapped groups" type mapping that was around for so long is absolutely torturous and I'm happy I wasn't playing Osu when that was how things were mapped.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
September 28 2011 20:36 GMT
#1472
On September 29 2011 01:47 Bobbias wrote:
Most of the time I'd also bitch about a map with some sort of issue like that, but considering how fun it is, I think the point is kinda moot. I mean, the whole point of playing a game is to have fun, and if some "rules" are broken in a map that ends up being fun despite that (or because of it) then why not? I think it's ridiculous t have arbitrary rules about how you should map something in a music game...

Of course, there is still such thing as a technically bad map, but I'd consider something like http://osu.ppy.sh/s/122 a technically bad map (and god is it fucking horrible.)

The whole "small circles, low AR, linear patterns, and lots of overlapped groups" type mapping that was around for so long is absolutely torturous and I'm happy I wasn't playing Osu when that was how things were mapped.

lol, don't compare to a 2007 map... by djpoop
( ・´ー・`)
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
September 28 2011 21:23 GMT
#1473
I was making a point. That map pretty much epitomizes the garbage that is so many maps :/ Sure, many of them aren't that bad, but it's a perfect example of how to make a terrible map, lol.

For now I'm pretty lenient on what I'd call a bad map, because most modern maps are still better than the garage that is old maps...
Evolve
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada63 Posts
September 28 2011 21:50 GMT
#1474
QQ I have Osu! for my iphone, and im pretty good at it... thought id have a go at the PC version and im god awful
Am I the only one who plays it on the iphone?
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 00:04:38
September 28 2011 23:57 GMT
#1475
On September 29 2011 06:23 Bobbias wrote:
I was making a point. That map pretty much epitomizes the garbage that is so many maps :/ Sure, many of them aren't that bad, but it's a perfect example of how to make a terrible map, lol.

For now I'm pretty lenient on what I'd call a bad map, because most modern maps are still better than the garage that is old maps...


I like old maps :/

Not 2007 old, but some 2008 and a lot of 2009 maps, and a few 2010 ones

Most of the 2011 maps I've tried feel too similar, they're either generic anime songs using the same boring, uninspired patterns, or they're just stupidly hard for the sake of being hard, which is sadly the direction this game is going it seems. What ever happened to mapping for fun or because you liked the song? Too many maps nowadays don't really suit the song, they're way too hard for songs that shouldn't be mapped that difficult. It's like half the mappers want to be that one guy who makes the map that Cookiezi can't beat or something. The song should dictate the map imo, rather than the map being forced.

Maybe I'm just too old-school and don't "get it" with these new maps or something lol
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
September 29 2011 01:45 GMT
#1476
better watch your back ebacho

[image loading]
( ・´ー・`)
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
September 29 2011 04:01 GMT
#1477
With the limited amount of maps I've played (I have roughly 1000, but only 600-ish are 5-star/interesting) some maps just feel bad. I was thinking that once I have a lighter load from college I'd start to try and map. I am a fan of variety, but never to extremes. Many songs don't warrant huge jumps at the frequency that they currently exist, and as a personal preference I like when streams are broken up by jumps and/or sliders. I introduced a friend to Osu! a few weeks back and he likes it, so we might do some collabs, me doing 4-4.9 maps (eventually increasing difficulty to 5 once I get better) and him doing 1-3.75.

As a related note, I've seen that the monthly news sometimes has mapping tips, but is there a guide to mapping? Couldn't find one in the forums =/.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
September 29 2011 06:23 GMT
#1478
On September 29 2011 13:01 Camail wrote:
With the limited amount of maps I've played (I have roughly 1000, but only 600-ish are 5-star/interesting) some maps just feel bad. I was thinking that once I have a lighter load from college I'd start to try and map. I am a fan of variety, but never to extremes. Many songs don't warrant huge jumps at the frequency that they currently exist, and as a personal preference I like when streams are broken up by jumps and/or sliders. I introduced a friend to Osu! a few weeks back and he likes it, so we might do some collabs, me doing 4-4.9 maps (eventually increasing difficulty to 5 once I get better) and him doing 1-3.75.

As a related note, I've seen that the monthly news sometimes has mapping tips, but is there a guide to mapping? Couldn't find one in the forums =/.


It's not really all that hard, once you get the song timed it's just listening to chunks of the song over and over and throwing down beats that go with the song and arranging them to look and hitsound nice

I don't think there's an actual official guide to mapping outside of the osu FAQ (which admittedly doesn't tell you much). I mostly learned through trial and error and just messing around with stuff, but if you have any specific questions I could try to answer them for you.
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 07:18:38
September 29 2011 07:10 GMT
#1479
you guys inspired me to go download super old maps. i am butt furious right now trying to FC these.

edit: with a decent score i mean. every note comes out as 100 wtffffffff
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
September 29 2011 09:28 GMT
#1480
On September 29 2011 15:23 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 13:01 Camail wrote:
With the limited amount of maps I've played (I have roughly 1000, but only 600-ish are 5-star/interesting) some maps just feel bad. I was thinking that once I have a lighter load from college I'd start to try and map. I am a fan of variety, but never to extremes. Many songs don't warrant huge jumps at the frequency that they currently exist, and as a personal preference I like when streams are broken up by jumps and/or sliders. I introduced a friend to Osu! a few weeks back and he likes it, so we might do some collabs, me doing 4-4.9 maps (eventually increasing difficulty to 5 once I get better) and him doing 1-3.75.

As a related note, I've seen that the monthly news sometimes has mapping tips, but is there a guide to mapping? Couldn't find one in the forums =/.


It's not really all that hard, once you get the song timed it's just listening to chunks of the song over and over and throwing down beats that go with the song and arranging them to look and hitsound nice

I don't think there's an actual official guide to mapping outside of the osu FAQ (which admittedly doesn't tell you much). I mostly learned through trial and error and just messing around with stuff, but if you have any specific questions I could try to answer them for you.

Or if it's any help, the mappers from #portuguese are kinda getting together and making their own in depth guide on mapping. I can translate it or something once it's finished.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 882
GuemChi 634
Leta 308
Hyun 279
firebathero 221
BeSt 212
Soma 177
Mong 108
PianO 55
910 49
[ Show more ]
sSak 43
Bale 29
Shine 20
yabsab 19
HiyA 18
ZergMaN 14
Noble 14
Dota 2
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss558
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King292
Other Games
summit1g8326
olofmeister964
ceh9548
JimRising 479
KnowMe75
Trikslyr20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos516
• Stunt445
Other Games
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 33m
Patches Events
7h 33m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.