• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:03
CEST 07:03
KST 14:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5993 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 69

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 370 Next
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
September 05 2011 10:01 GMT
#1361
I've noticed that about peppy too, and it's just slightly annoying. I do respect his programming abilities, because I've tried programming, and just don''t have the knowledge or dedication to pull something like that off. But it still stands that I do agree, the high level players understand the game better than him. He has an intellectual understanding of how things are supposed to work, according to the programming, whereas the players have intrinsic knowledge gained by playing at a high level, and a better understanding of how things work in practice.

It's not so much the leader boards that I care about the scores on, but on my own scores. I've had plenty of times where I played better than the last time (better acc. AND fewer actual misses) but my score dropped radically because I had a slider break in the wrong spot, and it halved my combo. It's times like that that piss me off, because I did still honestly play better than the other score, but due to missing something at the wrong time I now have a worse score. It's the whole time dependent aspect of breaking your combo, because if you get a small combo (5, 10, etc.) and miss a note, and FC the rest of the song, you still get a much larger score than a run where you miss the note smack dab in the middle of the song.

Also, why does everyone start a room and I miss it? I think I've played in a TL room all of about once...
Lucidity
Profile Joined July 2010
South Africa603 Posts
September 05 2011 10:35 GMT
#1362
I feel your pain man, it has happened to me many times as well But this structure makes for epic adrenaline rushes as you get further in songs I think it adds an extra dimension to the gameplay personally. Many mappers put the hardest sections in strategic places for this reason too! Of course it's all irrelevant if you just FC ;p
Valar Morghulis
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
September 05 2011 11:16 GMT
#1363
That just makes me think of IIDX. IIDX has a setup where you don't fail the map when your life reaches 0, you fail the map if your life is below 88% (IIRC) at the end of a song... So there are many songs out there that are easy as hell for most of the song, and then just send a wave of bullshit at you to screw you over at the end. Most IIDX players think it's retarded.
Lucidity
Profile Joined July 2010
South Africa603 Posts
September 05 2011 11:27 GMT
#1364
Because they're scrubs \;D/
Valar Morghulis
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 11:34:06
September 05 2011 11:31 GMT
#1365
lol, I hope you actually know about IIDX. That shit is HARD :/ (I've got a copy of Beatmania USA, a controller, and a few burned copies of other IIDX (Gold, Distorted, and Happy Sky) and I'm stuck at the wall around passing 8's)
+ Show Spoiler +

DJ Hell AAAing Quasar, which is nowhere near hard compared to the hardest songs.
Lucidity
Profile Joined July 2010
South Africa603 Posts
September 05 2011 11:46 GMT
#1366
Yeah I do. My post was just a joke ;p I'm not aware of which IIDX players think the system is silly anyway. IIDX certainly has the best music out of all the beat games imo. Even in osu ^^
Valar Morghulis
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
September 05 2011 15:04 GMT
#1367
Man, I'm so damned close to passing Galvenize's diff for DJ Sharpnel - Drrrrrrr!. I'm getting really pissed when I fail, because I should be able to pass it. I keep missing little things, like accidentally moving a bit too far on a jump, or just not hitting one of the notes in a triple stack, or something dumb like that. (and by not hitting, I mean my brain is fully aware that there are 3 notes, but I only move my fingers to hit 2)
ztoa03
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines181 Posts
September 05 2011 16:26 GMT
#1368
I tried this game just a few hours ago.
I tried a few songs... so much fail... T_T

After downloading Feel Good Inc. (with vid) + osu ends with you skin.
I felt like.... daaaaannnggg... This is sooo good. (even if I don't understand what was going on)
Gogogo! TL FTW!
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
September 05 2011 17:47 GMT
#1369
Rants, etc.
First of all, I FINALLY PASSED NIGHT OF KNIGHTS WITH AN S RANK!!!!

I just wanna complain about how hard it is to be able to hit every single note in a song... I've been trying to get on the top 40 on the song Red Zone, but I keep missing notes, and thus is forced to restart. It truly is frustrating...
LionsFist
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia164 Posts
September 05 2011 18:24 GMT
#1370
That's the game Abenson!

What song is everyone working on at the moment?

I'm attempting to pass 'Renard - Why Am I So Angry(Nogard)' (http://osu.ppy.sh/b/102458&m=0). Evil sliders at the end argh! Trying currently to S on 'Beautiful Day - V3(Impossible)' (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4622) and 'DJ Yoshitaka - Evans(Muya's Another)' (http://osu.ppy.sh/b/70021&m=0).
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
September 05 2011 19:04 GMT
#1371
Oh hey Lucidity, didn't know you were a TLer That's awesome.

Can't wait to get home to finish up one of my Ryu* song. Has some good streams in it (though not really hard like I have in Mei or Mendes). It's been awhile since I've mapped something with long streams. Last map of mine with 'em was Super Star -Mitsuru- - All My Turn.
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Yaahh
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 19:20:00
September 05 2011 19:18 GMT
#1372
Im just curiouse guys...anyone has switched keyboards since they started playing osu and noticed any difference in hitting speed (cause u not need to press as far down or somethin? ) because im at the point where i think that i reached my physical limit in speed. Or maybe its my damn keyboard :o

edit: askin cause my fingers give up at the monster streams of dragonforce maps (cry of eternety etc.)
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
September 05 2011 19:26 GMT
#1373
Keyboards can make a difference. Compare a mechanical keyboard to a regular and you'll notice a difference, such as how much effort you need to push down on the key and such (I can't fully comment though, as I tap/keyboard with tablet or mouse only). I think its more of a physical limit though more-so than equipment TBH.
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Yoshh
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada78 Posts
September 05 2011 19:50 GMT
#1374
On September 06 2011 04:18 Yaahh wrote:
Im just curiouse guys...anyone has switched keyboards since they started playing osu and noticed any difference in hitting speed (cause u not need to press as far down or somethin? ) because im at the point where i think that i reached my physical limit in speed. Or maybe its my damn keyboard :o

edit: askin cause my fingers give up at the monster streams of dragonforce maps (cry of eternety etc.)


Man... I feel the same way >< I think I should switch to a mechanical keyboard since i have to mash my keyboard so hard for it to register and it takes a toll on my fingers when doing long streams.

I'm just going to stick with my 10$ keyboard for now though and see how much stamina I can gain before eventually switching.
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
September 05 2011 20:00 GMT
#1375
On September 06 2011 02:47 Abenson wrote:
Rants, etc.
First of all, I FINALLY PASSED NIGHT OF KNIGHTS WITH AN S RANK!!!!

I just wanna complain about how hard it is to be able to hit every single note in a song... I've been trying to get on the top 40 on the song Red Zone, but I keep missing notes, and thus is forced to restart. It truly is frustrating...


'tis the life of an osu! player who likes to FC songs. i think i have a 99% in nights of knights (assuming we're thinking the same map) and then tried like 30 times afterwards to SS it... i always get a random 100 somewhere ~_~
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
September 05 2011 21:30 GMT
#1376
On the subject of Peppy, he's actually quite a nice guy if you talk to him one on one, he just has to put on a cold, hard exterior when dealing with community stuff because 99% of the community is retarded. But yeah he's a bit stubborn about making huge changes to the game (like that disabling storyboard shit, I still don't get why he caters so much to the mappers and not the hardcore players but whatever).
Lucidity
Profile Joined July 2010
South Africa603 Posts
September 05 2011 21:47 GMT
#1377
aycheff is yeahyeahyeahhh? What a beast

Regarding keyboards, I think it's mainly a physical limitation rather than the keyboard. I used to blame being a mouse only player for my failure of extended high bpm streams (And even Gladi agreed!), but then tana had to show up and destroy them with his mouse only -.- (Now I blame my mouse being too big :D)
Valar Morghulis
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 22:37:03
September 05 2011 22:33 GMT
#1378
On September 06 2011 06:30 MegaManEXE wrote:
On the subject of Peppy, he's actually quite a nice guy if you talk to him one on one, he just has to put on a cold, hard exterior when dealing with community stuff because 99% of the community is retarded. But yeah he's a bit stubborn about making huge changes to the game (like that disabling storyboard shit, I still don't get why he caters so much to the mappers and not the hardcore players but whatever).


Oh ya, peppy def is a cool dude. I talk to him all the time about doujin music and such and he's really cool. He can find some pretty rare stuff and knows quite of few doujin artist. Hes just simply to busy with all kinda of stuff and project to keep up-to-date with the community and realizes on his lack of a better word retarded BAT/GMT/MAT team to control a lot of it (don't get me wrong a lot of them are cool, but some I have no idea why they are apart of their respective team). No its really hard to stay not being is his shoe, things may be different from his end.

and yeah Lucidity its me
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Yoshh
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada78 Posts
September 05 2011 22:38 GMT
#1379
I like a lot of your maps aycheff ^^
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 23:20:25
September 05 2011 22:48 GMT
#1380
Glad to hear :D Always great to hear people enjoy my work, its what keeps me playing and mapping in this game
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2553
GuemChi 740
Leta 174
Snow 96
Terrorterran 68
NaDa 43
Bale 36
Noble 14
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto18
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox408
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7246
WinterStarcraft379
C9.Mang0271
Sick126
ViBE86
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick582
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2136
League of Legends
• Lourlo1201
• Stunt417
Other Games
• Shiphtur480
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
10h 57m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.