• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:04
CEST 05:04
KST 12:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8768 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 41

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 370 Next
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
March 04 2011 09:11 GMT
#801
On March 04 2011 15:37 MegaManEXE wrote:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/302 Classic map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2583 Classic map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10354 Favorite map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6640 One of the most creative maps, cute song too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/904 I just like the song, map is okay for an older map
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/36210 HappyMix is awesome
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8295 Too bad this got graveyarded, both diffs are fun
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14561 Sharon's diff, really fun, jumps + streams, song is cool too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6429 Both diffs are a lot of fun, kills your hand though since iirc there aren't any breaks

Too lazy to list more, I like pretty much anything by Tobebuta/Al-Azif/Darri/Mystearica/100pa-

Also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13008 self plug

Wow, you have awesome taste in maps.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/36210
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14561
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/302 (one of only 2 maps I have favorited)
are all among my favorites.

Some other great maps are:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6746 (other map I have favorited)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/42244&m=0 (Kirby is awesome)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/38007&m=0 (I love whymeman maps, sometimes I think I'm the only one)
And for a really good non-ranked map (rank this soon!) http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25098
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
locodoco
Profile Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1615 Posts
March 04 2011 09:39 GMT
#802
i love all the nightcore remixes~
i wish riot would give me better ping
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 09:51:09
March 04 2011 09:45 GMT
#803
On March 04 2011 18:11 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2011 15:37 MegaManEXE wrote:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/302 Classic map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2583 Classic map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10354 Favorite map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6640 One of the most creative maps, cute song too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/904 I just like the song, map is okay for an older map
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/36210 HappyMix is awesome
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8295 Too bad this got graveyarded, both diffs are fun
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14561 Sharon's diff, really fun, jumps + streams, song is cool too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6429 Both diffs are a lot of fun, kills your hand though since iirc there aren't any breaks

Too lazy to list more, I like pretty much anything by Tobebuta/Al-Azif/Darri/Mystearica/100pa-

Also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13008 self plug

Wow, you have awesome taste in maps.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/36210
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14561
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/302 (one of only 2 maps I have favorited)
are all among my favorites.

Some other great maps are:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6746 (other map I have favorited)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/42244&m=0 (Kirby is awesome)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/38007&m=0 (I love whymeman maps, sometimes I think I'm the only one)
And for a really good non-ranked map (rank this soon!) http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25098


Ultimate makes some nice maps, I remember Melody from Heaven, I actually used to have that favorited too a long time ago lol

Edit: Also forgot this one:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7377

Beautiful song, map is pretty decent. I think there's an approved version too that's the full song, can't remember.
Tosho
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia498 Posts
March 04 2011 10:15 GMT
#804
Hey guys first time poster in this OSU thread, didnt know TL had a community for this game :D

Wanted to ask people opinions on mouse speed and play style. I recently upped mine quite drastically (I generally use a fairly low speed in general) and i'm now in the process of re-learning muslce memory. I felt like I was having to move the mouse too much in songs and would frequently run out of room on the mouse pad/desk and lose the songs that way. I recently hit around 3300 world rank and i feel like im plateauing a bit in regards to my ability to complete harder songs, while increasing my mouse speed has changed what i can do in the game quite drastically it also feels like it has downsides. I tire a lot quicker when playing as it seems to require a lot tighter control and I frequently overshoot on movement (though i expect this will get a bit less as i get used to it).

Anyhow, do you guys play with high or low mouse speeds? What style do you use? How do you find it?
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 04 2011 10:25 GMT
#805
zx (laptop keyboard) + mouse (Logitech G500)

DPI set to 1200

In-game sensitivity set to 1.0x

Mouse acceleration off
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
March 04 2011 15:45 GMT
#806
I'm not going to claim that I have great taste in maps, but a few that I like:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23254
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/21845
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/21877
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17338
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4404
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14977
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23987
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/18260
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43 - Is it bad that I find this more fun than many "well made" maps?
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
March 04 2011 19:33 GMT
#807
MegamanEXE is actually me, wtf. I forgot that http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7377 is another excellent map.

I use a razer deathadder with dpi 3500 (all other settings in the middle), so that's fairly high sensitivity. You'll get used to it. As for being more tiring, I guess your arm might be more tense, but my sensitivity is high enough that I don't move my arm at all.

My problem is with my tapping, not my jumps :/
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 04 2011 21:21 GMT
#808
lol ^^

Posting a few other good ones:

I usually hate storyboards but these four in particular blow me away (warning: they will probably eat your comp alive so I would just put it on auto and watch the SB lol)

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12416
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9264
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17154
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12191

And a couple more fun maps:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/20752 I usually hate Vocaloid stuff but this one doesn't kill my ears and it's a bit jumpy but fun
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/11674 Jumps and streams, pretty fun, nice patterns too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12995 Jumpy and the song is great
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8229 Normally I hate authentic-style maps but this one is great, plus the song is catchy as hell
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7827 Awesome map and song remix
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8593 Amazing song, and the mapset is fun too (although I really hate Extra Stage because I'm terrible at 9 AR)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/3433 Another classic map
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
March 05 2011 00:47 GMT
#809
So I'm brand new to Osu! (though Ive played Stepmania, DJMax, and O2Jam before so I'm not new to rhythm games), and I'm looking for some easy charts to start out on. The couple I have found that are easy enough I'm still only getting C and D ratings on :/
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-05 01:10:43
March 05 2011 01:08 GMT
#810
On March 05 2011 09:47 Bobbias wrote:
So I'm brand new to Osu! (though Ive played Stepmania, DJMax, and O2Jam before so I'm not new to rhythm games), and I'm looking for some easy charts to start out on. The couple I have found that are easy enough I'm still only getting C and D ratings on :/


http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5456

Thanks for all the map recommends MegaMan.
Jump Jump was one of the first maps I played on osu, the SB must've taken ages to make though it's pretty impressive.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 05 2011 01:47 GMT
#811
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16250

Has some apparently easy maps in it as well
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
March 05 2011 02:11 GMT
#812
Know of any more maps like this one? http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12995
So damned good.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-05 13:51:54
March 05 2011 13:44 GMT
#813
On March 05 2011 06:21 MegaManEXE wrote:
lol ^^

Posting a few other good ones:

I usually hate storyboards but these four in particular blow me away (warning: they will probably eat your comp alive so I would just put it on auto and watch the SB lol)

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12416
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9264
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17154
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12191



I like maps with good SBs but some are like ugh

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5774
This one wants to make you rip your eyes out

Uh I dunno you have to have pretty low end computer to not handle storyboards lol
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 05 2011 21:48 GMT
#814
I have a fairly old laptop but I always seem to get some amount of slight delay/lag when I play most of SiRiRu's maps.

Although I played through Jump Jump again last night and experienced no lag so maybe peppy changed something in the code that SBs run better now or something, since iirc Jump Jump and Strangeprogram are the two storyboards out of all the ranked/approved maps that are likely to lag you up.

Oh and Bloody Tears by Gabi, that map's SB is simple but I still get mad framerate issues on it. :/
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
March 06 2011 08:22 GMT
#815
On March 06 2011 06:48 MegaManEXE wrote:
I have a fairly old laptop but I always seem to get some amount of slight delay/lag when I play most of SiRiRu's maps.

Although I played through Jump Jump again last night and experienced no lag so maybe peppy changed something in the code that SBs run better now or something, since iirc Jump Jump and Strangeprogram are the two storyboards out of all the ranked/approved maps that are likely to lag you up.

Oh and Bloody Tears by Gabi, that map's SB is simple but I still get mad framerate issues on it. :/

Yeah, what is with that storyboard, I get weird framerate issues too until the background "shatters".

Although I actually kinda like it, it's like the feeling of play changes between the first part and then after the background switches.

My favorite storyboards are the simple ones that tell you when something is shifting with the gameplay. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9538 is a good example
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
March 06 2011 18:58 GMT
#816
Odd question, but I don't know where else to ask it-

WTF is this NicoNicoDouga thing I keep seeing as a musician for songs in this game? These all seem to be remixes of other songs (frequently songs where there's a chart for the original song), but a Google search shows that it's the Japanese version of Youtube?

Huh?
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
March 06 2011 20:00 GMT
#817
On March 07 2011 03:58 Obscura.304 wrote:
Odd question, but I don't know where else to ask it-

WTF is this NicoNicoDouga thing I keep seeing as a musician for songs in this game? These all seem to be remixes of other songs (frequently songs where there's a chart for the original song), but a Google search shows that it's the Japanese version of Youtube?

Huh?


http://loli.animeblogger.net/?p=2777
As dumb as that link looks- it explains what a nico nico chorus is... Basically they are mashups and covers.
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
March 08 2011 13:22 GMT
#818
On March 05 2011 09:47 Bobbias wrote:
So I'm brand new to Osu! (though Ive played Stepmania, DJMax, and O2Jam before so I'm not new to rhythm games), and I'm looking for some easy charts to start out on. The couple I have found that are easy enough I'm still only getting C and D ratings on :/

I started for real a couple weeks ago too, also used to play the exact same games as you!

It's been a lot of fun. Currently learning some Shinxyn maps, started with http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19241, now moving on to http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13581, such fun maps.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 13:34:23
March 08 2011 13:31 GMT
#819
You should try Last Remote and Fire by Shinxyn

Couple of my favorite ones~
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 08 2011 15:29 GMT
#820
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/15943

This one's my favorite Shinxyn map I think

Lucent Wish is good too but the very end part is kind of annoying :<
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 520
NaDa 48
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 714
WinterStarcraft363
Mew2King97
ViBE95
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1410
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush714
• Lourlo430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 56m
INu's Battles
8h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 56m
Replay Cast
19h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.