• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:34
CEST 01:34
KST 08:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8583 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 370 Next
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
March 03 2011 07:01 GMT
#781
Yea...
I still just simply can't go into kb mode.
so for now I just rely on alternating right/left click.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 03 2011 07:06 GMT
#782
I hate ztrot maps lol

I don't remember any of NatsumeRin's but he is primarily a Taiko player so if his maps are arranged confusingly/badly it's probably because he does not mainly play that mode and thus may not be familiar with what is good and bad.

I find that a lot of Taiko-only mappers are pretty bad at making osu standard maps, they're either full of boring patterns, have bad rhythms, or are just stupidly hard because the mapper has no concept of what makes a good standard map.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
March 03 2011 07:09 GMT
#783
I wish Osu would update itself with newer maps. I'm a noob and have no clue what to download. Plus it takes forever.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
March 03 2011 07:12 GMT
#784
On March 03 2011 16:01 Abenson wrote:
Yea...
I still just simply can't go into kb mode.
so for now I just rely on alternating right/left click.

I'm starting to understand it now. I incorporated some keyboard spamming into my normal left click play and, all of a sudden, those impossible chains became possible and I passed some songs or came close to passing some that I had never thought I would be able to get through without a lot of practice. I can understand some of how to add the keyboard in now.

On the other hand, alternating left and right clicks seems like it would be really, really hard, lol. My hat is off to you, sir.

On March 03 2011 16:09 Blisse wrote:
I wish Osu would update itself with newer maps. I'm a noob and have no clue what to download. Plus it takes forever.

I just absolutely hate how they put you on a bandwidth limit. I'm not downloading 50 songs, only, like, 10 at once. No way in hell I'm just going to download tons of packs, either, as I'm on a Mac and only using my Windows partition so I'm on limited HD space. That and, until my new ISP hooks me up, I have really, really bad Internet (I'm pretty sure my level is at half of what it should be because I usually play osu! when I can't connect to SC2, lol).
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
March 03 2011 07:25 GMT
#785
Guys, just download whatever's on the front page. Seriously. The overall quality of maps has gone up over time, so you can't go wrong with newer stuff (with some exceptions).

As for difficulty spreads, if you play enough you get to the point where you either can FC with a good accuracy it or you can't. HP drain is pretty nonexistent if you keep your combo up, barring some stupid od10 HR's which require > 96% just to FC. There are very few songs that I can't clear at this point, and even then it's just an exercise of whether I can keep my combo or not.

@MegaManEXE - Rin did most of the wowaka maps, such as World's End Dancehall or Tsumiki no Ningyou, and his patterns are really nice. They're challenging enough that it takes more than one pc to FC them, and are generally fun to HD or HR.

@Char711 - What you're doing is what we call hybrid mouse (mouse click + x). It's an interesting playstyle that nobody really uses that much (though B12ad here on TL uses it - ask him).

Proud member of TL's osufam
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 03 2011 07:36 GMT
#786
On March 03 2011 16:25 ebacho wrote:
Guys, just download whatever's on the front page. Seriously. The overall quality of maps has gone up over time, so you can't go wrong with newer stuff (with some exceptions).

As for difficulty spreads, if you play enough you get to the point where you either can FC with a good accuracy it or you can't. HP drain is pretty nonexistent if you keep your combo up, barring some stupid od10 HR's which require > 96% just to FC. There are very few songs that I can't clear at this point, and even then it's just an exercise of whether I can keep my combo or not.

@MegaManEXE - Rin did most of the wowaka maps, such as World's End Dancehall or Tsumiki no Ningyou, and his patterns are really nice. They're challenging enough that it takes more than one pc to FC them, and are generally fun to HD or HR.

@Char711 - What you're doing is what we call hybrid mouse (mouse click + x). It's an interesting playstyle that nobody really uses that much (though B12ad here on TL uses it - ask him).



Ah still not familiar with those lol, haven't really played anything ranked since last March or so other than the occasional Touhou map.

I'll dl some of his maps this weekend and give them a playthrough though, thanks for the recommendation.

And yes I agree with just dling whatever is new, also if you prefer certain genres just filter those and dl all of those. I personally prefer older maps because they feel more unique to me (not the super old ones with awful spacing though), a lot of the newer maps before I stopped playing for score all started to feel the same to me. But that's just me, overall they are of a higher quality than older maps.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
March 03 2011 07:39 GMT
#787
On March 03 2011 16:12 Char711 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2011 16:09 Blisse wrote:
I wish Osu would update itself with newer maps. I'm a noob and have no clue what to download. Plus it takes forever.

I just absolutely hate how they put you on a bandwidth limit. I'm not downloading 50 songs, only, like, 10 at once. No way in hell I'm just going to download tons of packs, either, as I'm on a Mac and only using my Windows partition so I'm on limited HD space. That and, until my new ISP hooks me up, I have really, really bad Internet (I'm pretty sure my level is at half of what it should be because I usually play osu! when I can't connect to SC2, lol).

It's not really that big of an issue, tbh. You can usually download about 5 maps or so before the limit kicks in. In addition, the wait isn't really that long - just go play your new maps once or twice and you'll be good to go again. It's not like you can play 10 maps at once anyways.
Liquipedia
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 03 2011 07:43 GMT
#788
The one thing I hate about the dl limit is that it limits you to one Pending/Graveyarded map every like 10 minutes

I really like looking for maps that are up and coming, and there are a lot of hidden gems that people never got ranked lying in the Graveyard.

osu! direct is pretty nice though, I was a supporter for a while. Very useful for the dl while spectating thing, the unlimited dl limit was just a side thing for me.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 03 2011 08:07 GMT
#789
On March 03 2011 00:20 ebacho wrote:
Personally, I think the scoring system is fine. If it wasn't like that, there'd be no way to differentiate between the good players and the god tier players.

About drain, you guys should try and play with Hard Rock sometimes. Then you'll see the meaning of real brutal drain.


Hows that?

There are plenty of times Ive nearly full combod a song and then missed one at the end and then played that EXACT same song but missing one in the middle and my score tanked. In fact the system is so ass backwards on occasion that your score can be multiple millions lower than another score but you have a higher accuracy. I don't think missing a note should count against you more THAT much. It's ridiculous if you full 300'd a song but missed a note and have pretty much a 99.7% accuracy still but your score is going to be lower than some guy that full comboed with a 96 or 93% accuracy or something depending on where you missed that one note.

Granted it was a fluke if that were the case but that just seems to make the scoring system flawed as hell.

I don't think missing a note in the middle makes you a scrub as opposed to missing one at the end. Obviously the really god tier players are just going to full combo regardless.

Most of the rhythm games ive played (DDR/ITG/IIDX) had the same scores for having the same accuracy.

Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
March 03 2011 08:31 GMT
#790
I don't care about the limit or what not. I care about the hassle of actually going on the front page and downloading what's available instead of it being publicly available already on a server or downloadable as we go in the game.

The scoring issue doesn't bug me as much, since I'm not in this for points or recognition.
There is no one like you in the universe.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 03 2011 08:40 GMT
#791
On March 03 2011 17:31 Blisse wrote:
I don't care about the limit or what not. I care about the hassle of actually going on the front page and downloading what's available instead of it being publicly available already on a server or downloadable as we go in the game.

The scoring issue doesn't bug me as much, since I'm not in this for points or recognition.


The 50 most recent ranked maps (I think it's 50) are downloadable in a special in-game menu via osu! direct for supporters only. :/
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
March 04 2011 01:32 GMT
#792
Hmm, so ebacho says that most people don't use the click/x combo. How do most of you guys play? Is keyboard only the most popular or something?
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 01:36:15
March 04 2011 01:35 GMT
#793
i play mouse only unless it's some bullshit song like revolution deathsquad. in that case i'll mouse + Z/X in spammy parts. those songs are usually unranked anyways though so whatevs.

for reference: 92.51 accuracy but that's because i have a bunch of 80%'s lying around that i'm too lazy to fix
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 03:54:26
March 04 2011 03:52 GMT
#794
On March 04 2011 10:32 Char711 wrote:
Hmm, so ebacho says that most people don't use the click/x combo. How do most of you guys play? Is keyboard only the most popular or something?


I used to use pure mouse with left+right click for streams/stacks but I failed them hard when they were 7+ notes. Now I do left click + x and streams are so much easier to follow. I've tried zx + mouse but it didn't feel right. Everything is viable so I'd just do what feels best for you.

I think tablet for movement and zx for clicking is the most popular in among top ranks but I'm not sure.
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
March 04 2011 04:08 GMT
#795
On March 03 2011 16:06 MegaManEXE wrote:
I hate ztrot maps lol

I don't remember any of NatsumeRin's but he is primarily a Taiko player so if his maps are arranged confusingly/badly it's probably because he does not mainly play that mode and thus may not be familiar with what is good and bad.

I find that a lot of Taiko-only mappers are pretty bad at making osu standard maps, they're either full of boring patterns, have bad rhythms, or are just stupidly hard because the mapper has no concept of what makes a good standard map.

To be fair to ztrot, I really like his rhythms. It's just that his spacing never makes any god damn sense at all, and he does dumb shit with stacking.

The one mapper who I really cannot stand at all is osuplayer111. If I download a beatmap pack and see that a map is by him, and doesn't have any guest difficulties, I just delete it outright without playing it.
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 15:32:21
March 04 2011 04:46 GMT
#796
How about a more useful topic than mappers you hate. What maps do you <3.

In no particular order:
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/59023 One of the better longish song maps that I've played.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/39299 Hard diff
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/85738 Insane, not missing any notes on all those patterns, makes me feel soo good, I nearly FC'ed it then failed it at the very end, twice =[.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/32610 "master spark" difficulty, slider practice map. Plus it basically a free S rank if you pass it.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/74693 sick song and a sick map for both hard/insane
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/77325 same mapper as previous, awesome song/map
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/84800 "heart" diff is is super fun imo.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/72515 hard/insane are both good, I can't pass insane yet though :[
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/76677 mapped by yeahyeahyeahhh a resident TLer, and I though the hard diff was awesome, Inosane is too hard for me.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/72075 Another good map of a long song.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/45278 Hard diff is sooo shiny :>

MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 04 2011 06:37 GMT
#797
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/302 Classic map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2583 Classic map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10354 Favorite map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6640 One of the most creative maps, cute song too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/904 I just like the song, map is okay for an older map
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/36210 HappyMix is awesome
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8295 Too bad this got graveyarded, both diffs are fun
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/14561 Sharon's diff, really fun, jumps + streams, song is cool too
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6429 Both diffs are a lot of fun, kills your hand though since iirc there aren't any breaks

Too lazy to list more, I like pretty much anything by Tobebuta/Al-Azif/Darri/Mystearica/100pa-

Also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13008 self plug
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
March 04 2011 07:00 GMT
#798
Thanks for all the suggestions~

Why are some maps graveyarded when they are actually pretty good?

Love the Amane Tweeker Happy Mix :>
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 04 2011 07:17 GMT
#799
i want to make Lunatic playable first(its like,i dont care if you will really play it,but i want to make it a nice map,so that i will be happy about it),but if you wont stop posting shit like that,ill think about abandoning this for real :o


Map creator posted that a while ago, I guess he lost interest/forgot about the map eventually
xZiGGY
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom801 Posts
March 04 2011 08:36 GMT
#800
my only gripe with osu! is that with long spins I'm pretty sure my entire flat thinks I'm jerking off D:
Meh.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft407
ViBE124
Nina 117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13875
firebathero 110
Hyuk 49
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm156
febbydoto81
League of Legends
Doublelift4434
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5149
Other Games
summit1g8766
FrodaN2219
JimRising 443
mouzStarbuck377
KnowMe223
ArmadaUGS85
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• musti20045 31
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 26m
INu's Battles
12h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 26m
Replay Cast
23h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.