• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:49
CEST 20:49
KST 03:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9294 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 22

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 370 Next
JonsaBoy
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Denmark457 Posts
December 20 2009 18:53 GMT
#421
On December 21 2009 03:21 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2009 02:59 Synthesis wrote:
You tend to just get better as you keep playing harder songs. I can't really play those insane songs either, but that's all they play in the TL multi games I join. =( Guess I'll have to start practicing. And if you have mouse acceleration on at all, turn it off rofl. It's so hard to do quick jumps with accel.

I'm playing Starcaft (well not so much right now). Of course acceleration is off.

So are there people from TL who live through beatmaps like Hatsune Miku - Triple Baka [Insane] or [Sin-Sane] (rather simple mouse movements but very fast)? I die within the first few seconds. If so, are you using X/Z or the mouse buttons or both? (I would assume that you can get roughly twice as fast if you use both, but I would go crazy if I tried that).


never tried this out before. i think i can do it on sin-sane, give me half an hour and i'l have a screen.
TLMS
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
December 20 2009 18:56 GMT
#422
On December 21 2009 03:21 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2009 02:59 Synthesis wrote:
You tend to just get better as you keep playing harder songs. I can't really play those insane songs either, but that's all they play in the TL multi games I join. =( Guess I'll have to start practicing. And if you have mouse acceleration on at all, turn it off rofl. It's so hard to do quick jumps with accel.

I'm playing Starcaft (well not so much right now). Of course acceleration is off.

So are there people from TL who live through beatmaps like Hatsune Miku - Triple Baka [Insane] or [Sin-Sane] (rather simple mouse movements but very fast)? I die within the first few seconds. If so, are you using X/Z or the mouse buttons or both? (I would assume that you can get roughly twice as fast if you use both, but I would go crazy if I tried that).

I use both but not at the same time. I only use mouse buttons for individual circles.
flandre
Profile Joined April 2009
32 Posts
December 20 2009 19:14 GMT
#423
I only use mouse for spinners, if I want to click extra fast I use both z and x. Clicking with the mouse messes up my control really bad.
JonsaBoy
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Denmark457 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-20 19:40:14
December 20 2009 19:27 GMT
#424
just finished that hatsune miku song on sin-sane. now how come my screenshot doesn't go into paint?

edit: now also on insane.
TLMS
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 20 2009 19:42 GMT
#425
I play mosue only. Screw z/x.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-20 19:52:03
December 20 2009 19:50 GMT
#426
That song isn't that tough . Here's what how I go about things if you care

+ Show Spoiler +
I use M1/X for all fast notes now. I use to use Z/X but it is way less accurate for me because using M1 for me... it makes me think like, "I have to click the next note" then I instinctively press X in between my M1 clicks, I don't actually try to hit the notes. Now take a straight stream of say 8 notes. I don't try to click each note. I know where to begin and where to end and I know the speed of the song. Therefor the only notes I have to worry about are first and last. I just move my mouse and click to the speed of the song, nothing more. When doing VERY LONG streams such as IOSYS streams, that's a matter of simply being able to click that fast. How you don't fail on them though is you focus on the crosshair and the little rings for each note, and follow those. If it's a fast slider stream focus on the little ball that appears and just keep clicking to the speed of the song.

Now heres where I draw the limit of M1/X. I'm majorly a M1 person, where MOST songs I beat are done strictly with just one finger while X fills in those quick triplet notes that appear. The best example of a song which only needs M1 would be Marie Antoinette. This is the song I been playing recently because it requires no alternating at all. So yeah stuff like that I don't M1/X. I reserve that strictly for streams and triplets or doubles.

The last bit I have to say would be go best with Only My Railgun. In songs like this where it does a lot of double notes into and out of sliders. I alternate M1/X a lot. So to go into a slider from a double it's M1 and X slide then I'd come out with M1, but if it's a triplet I'll slide with M1 and come out with X.

Actually this is last but eh. Jumps are done best by simply improving your muscle memory. Overall my mouse grip and whether or not I use arm movements or simply play with wrist is based on the song or a part in a song.


Long. I'm not the best but I can pass all of the songs I DL, minus the suicidal ones haha. But I'm pretty close to beating half of them.
JonsaBoy
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Denmark457 Posts
December 20 2009 20:06 GMT
#427
I just use mouse buttons for my fast alternates. I actually survived IOSYS with pure mouse buttons, because i can't seem to find the rythm when i use Z/X and i cant hit that fast with my left hand.
Also, Only my Railgun is one of my favorite beatmaps :D
TLMS
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 20 2009 20:16 GMT
#428
Been listening to Only my Railgun over and over 24/7 for like a month now. ;; I'm starting to memorize it but theres a completely incomprehensible engrish line thats just impossible to understand
@KawaiiRiceLighT
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
December 20 2009 20:28 GMT
#429
Haha.

Anyone know good techno songs by chance. My friend finally playing osu and he wants me to pick two out D:
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
December 20 2009 20:35 GMT
#430
On December 21 2009 04:42 KawaiiRice wrote:
I play mosue only. Screw z/x.


Z/X is pretty much mandatory for the higher insane difficulty songs...im talking the type that only the likes of Cyclone and such full combo. You just can't click fast enough or accurately enough.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 20 2009 20:39 GMT
#431
On December 21 2009 05:35 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2009 04:42 KawaiiRice wrote:
I play mosue only. Screw z/x.


Z/X is pretty much mandatory for the higher insane difficulty songs...im talking the type that only the likes of Cyclone and such full combo. You just can't click fast enough or accurately enough.


Since I use this as a warmup for SC I don't think I'll ever play like Cyclone or want to (carpul tunnel gow). I still do decent though.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
December 20 2009 21:36 GMT
#432
Come play! I'm bored and on break!.
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
December 20 2009 22:13 GMT
#433
Busy watching this 70 minute long review of the phantom menace. It's so amazing haha
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
December 21 2009 04:52 GMT
#434
My 1st 1st.

[image loading]

[image loading]
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
December 21 2009 06:13 GMT
#435
On December 21 2009 13:52 xmShake wrote:
My 1st 1st.
snip


Oh hai.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5793
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2008
Proud member of TL's osufam
R4ptur3d
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada206 Posts
December 21 2009 06:56 GMT
#436
I love this game =D, and I found it here thanks everyone.
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
December 21 2009 22:23 GMT
#437
On December 21 2009 04:42 KawaiiRice wrote:
I play mosue only. Screw z/x.


Of course.

Because anyone can pass Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu on Uninstall with just a mosue.
Proud member of TL's osufam
fAnTaCy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States893 Posts
December 21 2009 22:56 GMT
#438
Duh...you didn't know that T_T
President of Doctor Helvetica Fan Club...PM to join. Members--4, Most recent: Archas
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
December 22 2009 01:56 GMT
#439
Man, I'm having a bad day, or a good day by some standards, I guess.

TWO rank 41's in a row T_T
Proud member of TL's osufam
TeH_Mentalist
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Korea (South)244 Posts
December 23 2009 01:17 GMT
#440
I got a 323 combo on Kanbu
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 663
UpATreeSC 110
JuggernautJason38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19109
firebathero 189
Rush 133
Dewaltoss 96
Shine 21
Sexy 20
Bale 12
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7980
qojqva1446
monkeys_forever71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1562
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes1165
Liquid`Hasu666
XaKoH 155
MindelVK9
Other Games
Grubby2597
summit1g1368
FrodaN863
Beastyqt671
ceh9618
ArmadaUGS187
KnowMe161
byalli157
C9.Mang0150
Hui .143
QueenE106
Trikslyr74
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix12
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1904
League of Legends
• TFBlade1318
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• Shiphtur265
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 11m
Stellar Fest
18h 11m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.