• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7388 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 542

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 540 541 542 543 544 1664 Next
ToN
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada245 Posts
September 28 2009 02:06 GMT
#10821
Hey guys I have been having this problem logging into HoN where it says connection problem. I have tryed restarted my pc and looking through the beta forums to no avail. I want to start playing in a few months when i get new internet but can't seem to figure this one out. Thanks.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
September 28 2009 04:01 GMT
#10822
meh I guess I'll switch over soon also
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
September 28 2009 11:18 GMT
#10823
On September 28 2009 09:16 L wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
as of right now the only thing i miss from dota is how clear everything is on the screen. like one glance and i can tell what's going on instantly, who's who and what spells have been used
I am rapidly learning to identify HoN spell effects in large fights and this problem's severity seems to go away over time. I'm not sure where my eventual comfort level will end up, but the majority of the game's effects besides the dark purple ones seem to be very easy to see.

Some effects just aren't clear though. Accursed's shield, Plague's shield. Fissure animation needs fixing though, so annoying to be stunned before the fissure actually appears.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-28 15:48:12
September 28 2009 15:46 GMT
#10824
The interface in HoN could use some improvement + aesthetics. Then it'll be a much more polished game I've only played 4 games so far but my first impression is that the graphics are good but the visuals simply aren't as natural and nice to look at in the same way broodwar still 'looks nice' even though it's an old game. Does HoN have better graphics than DotA? probably. Is it nicer to look at? Hell no.

First impressions:

Too much contrast my eyes kind of hurt while playing.

I do have problems distinguishing heroes apart but I won't comment on that since getting used to the same thing in dota was probably easier from playing ladder. But I have to say some of the item icons could be changed cause right now a lot of them just look like... nothing, meaning I can't even tell what they're supposed to be.

QWER - not a fan of this. They could have kept the same hotkeys as DotA. Surely, HoN developers are aware that the majority of HoN players will have had experience playing dota?

I haven't checked to see if you can customize the minimap but it seems poorly done.

Font is generally ugly as shit. Too much spaces between each letter/character -> not pleasant to read.

Visible mana bars take away skill.

Creeps need to be bigger

I'm not sure why'd they reserve so little space on the bottom right corner for showing ally/enemy hero stats considering that's pretty important. They could expand the... whatever it's called, the bar on the bottom by 30~50% so everything's bigger.

Less saturation overall please.. Everything being neon and funky is distracting.

I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen so far, especially the NO DELAY factor but two big issues for me:

- interface
- lack of polish, like it lacks final touch
('''(G_G/'''')
bhp255
Profile Joined July 2008
United States600 Posts
September 28 2009 16:44 GMT
#10825
On September 28 2009 09:13 Nitrogen wrote:
well i don't have a beta key...

I heard they're making another beta key giveaway, and theres also some TLers around that have extra keys if u ask them
Following Okazaki's steps to becoming a Fuuko Master
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
September 28 2009 16:48 GMT
#10826
I have one key.
In DotA you could
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
September 28 2009 16:49 GMT
#10827
Jesus lord heen, you just bitch about all the unimportant superficial shit.
Terrible. It just takes more getting used to.
What's your name on hon fool, you should roll people with me.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
September 28 2009 17:08 GMT
#10828
It's not unimportant. Details are what separate great products from ones that end up failing. I'm no expert on analyzing games but my field of study has a lot to do with product and interface evaluation so I'd say my complaints are reasonable o_o

If HoN is going to compete with DotA, it needs more than just solutions to obvious problems that hinder DotA from becoming more widely accepted.

Especially with the gaming industry, where there are so many competitors and the consumers have high standards, HoN needs some work done. It's so apparent HoN is no where near Blizzard's level of perfection. Just compare their websites. Anyone with the slightest artistic taste can tell HoN has 2nd rate artwork, poor use of color and a disappointing aesthetic touch overall.

So yea, I'm sup`Heen
let's own some noobs lol
('''(G_G/'''')
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-28 17:14:08
September 28 2009 17:13 GMT
#10829
btw I'm not trying to put down HoN in anyway. I think it has great potential if said improvements are made. But the shit I mentioned does matter a lot.

Pretty much all top rated games have had certain standards of perfectionism (not to be confused with good graphics or gameplay balance). Wouldn't you agree?
('''(G_G/'''')
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
September 28 2009 17:37 GMT
#10830
On September 29 2009 01:48 Elemenope wrote:
I have one key.

i guess i'll try out HoN, so if u still have that key, I'd like it
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
September 28 2009 17:40 GMT
#10831
I'd also like to try it, if anyone has a spare key. I'm got the next two months off of work, so I'm gonna have a lot of time to play
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
September 28 2009 18:07 GMT
#10832
I'M ONLINE NOW HEEN
TYPE
/B A TESTIE
WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE
ANYONE WHO SUCKS THOUGH
DO NOT TYPE /B A TESTIE
I WILL IGNORE YOU AND TELL YOU TO PLAY WITH THE LOWER CLASS
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
September 28 2009 18:09 GMT
#10833
Everyone who needs a HoN key, go register an account at this forum, then reply with your email in this thread.

Register: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register&do=00

Thread: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35327

They're giving away 300 HoN keys and so far there's only 30 replies, gogo.

ModeratorBlame yourself or God
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
September 28 2009 18:14 GMT
#10834
Nice, thanks for the heads up, I'm reply #33.
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
NiTenIchiRyu
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom273 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-28 18:29:10
September 28 2009 18:28 GMT
#10835
There's nothing quite like British Skunk! :D Gonna blaze in a bit. Good vibes man!
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 28 2009 18:38 GMT
#10836
i got three invites from my old hon account. PM me if i know you -_-
Hates Fun🤔
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
September 28 2009 19:04 GMT
#10837
lol roogs, I just signed up on that VVV forum right beneath yours.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
TheMusiC
Profile Joined January 2004
United States1054 Posts
September 28 2009 20:23 GMT
#10838
i have a key to give away, pm me too if i know you from tl.dota etc
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
September 28 2009 20:28 GMT
#10839
clearly name change is required. [DotA] Let's Play HoN Instead~!!!!!!
@QxGDarkCell ._.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
September 28 2009 20:54 GMT
#10840
i second this motion
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Prev 1 540 541 542 543 544 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1123
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC296
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 296
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 39
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42141
Calm 2957
Shuttle 2458
Jaedong 1621
Horang2 817
actioN 572
Soma 508
Mini 449
Soulkey 444
Rush 391
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 347
Stork 345
ZerO 262
BeSt 244
Larva 230
Snow 187
Mong 131
firebathero 124
hero 115
Zeus 96
Mind 84
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 47
Yoon 44
sorry 43
Shine 42
Sharp 42
Shinee 36
PianO 33
Pusan 32
JYJ 30
ToSsGirL 29
Aegong 25
Sexy 25
Bale 23
HiyA 22
Terrorterran 20
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Killer 12
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
Fnx 589
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
ChuDatz18
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko702
crisheroes508
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM188
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
dupreeh72
Trikslyr69
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1400
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2112
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur694
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 44m
The PondCast
19h 44m
INu's Battles
20h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.