• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:08
CEST 01:08
KST 08:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8516 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 518

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 516 517 518 519 520 1664 Next
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
September 06 2009 17:02 GMT
#10341
On September 07 2009 01:55 Ace wrote:
you tower dive without bracers? V_V



yea o.O, if you gank a lane you can hook in + have them run in and normally kill a hero before you take too much damage. Also alot of lanes can be pushed and you can just gank the lane without getting in range of the tower.
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-06 17:07:27
September 06 2009 17:06 GMT
#10342
It's clock, he can. You can tower dive with just a piece of his aghs set as well. Whichever you want first is fine, ogre axe or point booster. It truly doesn't matter that much because with me i'm going to get the next item shortly anyway. I think building more than 1 bracer on any hero is a waste anyway.

Clock build: magic stick / bottle / boots -> destroy world -> build phase: aghs: or hood: whichever is needed most at the time. You'll know what's needed. If you're against zeus/lich/CM. Odds are, you're getting a hood before phase or aghs. ;p

The new price on the cloak is awesome. Sometimes I get just the cloak if I don't need a full hood in quite a few games and get other items instead and sell the cloak later for something better. (aka, after I have my heart/ didn't really need that much magic resistance etc).
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
September 06 2009 17:11 GMT
#10343
Bloodstone on Aba?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
September 06 2009 17:11 GMT
#10344
well what heroes would you say give clock problems in a lane? You still need a competent ally in most cases when dual laning since you can't run around BAing people till you hit 6.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-06 17:33:07
September 06 2009 17:31 GMT
#10345
Nothing really. A good enchantress should beat him in a lane. But a lot of enchants waste their heal with decent scare tactics so you can kill them anyway. A good viper will as well I suppose but I think I killed the last 2 vipers I faced in CW's. He's usually banned though. I think Heens viper / enchant would probably wreck my clock though because he has amazing movement/harrass/last hitting which would cost me dearly on any mistakes I make.

So far I haven't had any difficult lanes unless vs a good babysit lane. I don't mind being against a good kill lane because usually their carry isn't getting super farmed. vs a good babysit you can't kill them. (You can kill some shitty/careless babysits though). I killed a WL/Slardar and was like 'lawl they're dumb'.

But long story short clock should only really change lanes vs a decent to good babysit lane or if the viper/enchantress he's playing is really good and getting really good farm without the possibility of getting killed. Because against a good babysit lane you're wasting the potential of clock and letting their carry free farm while you are probably getting jack squat for CS. (Or someone should FUCKING GANK THEM!!!!) ;p

As for dual lanes, you can put clock with a lot of things. And he can kill people in a dual lane starting at level 1 with an ally on some rare occasions and has a lot of kill power starting at level 3. Battery assault is super deadly. =[
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 06 2009 17:34 GMT
#10346
why do people like MYM.Testie come into this thread and shit up its beauty




:D
Hates Fun🤔
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
September 06 2009 17:37 GMT
#10347
Roogie
oogie
boogie
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
September 06 2009 17:37 GMT
#10348
well what I meant with the before lvl 6 comment is "you cant do it yourself till you get hook". Remember I play pubs a lot since I can't always see clan chat for games

As for Ench I've realized it takes literally a double stun lane or a mass nuking to kill that hoe. Ridiculously hard to kill but I never see her picked in replays or even banned.

Viper still owns though. Such a bullshit rape hero since when being melee vs him there's literally nothing you can do to him.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
September 06 2009 17:43 GMT
#10349
Just gank the whole team and you'll be fine.
In DotA you could
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
September 06 2009 17:45 GMT
#10350
On September 07 2009 02:34 paper wrote:
why do people like MYM.Testie come into this thread and shit up its beauty




:D


I need to see you rage moar pubs man
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 06 2009 18:17 GMT
#10351
On September 07 2009 02:11 Ace wrote:
well what heroes would you say give clock problems in a lane? You still need a competent ally in most cases when dual laning since you can't run around BAing people till you hit 6.


http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/replays/22979

How to play against CW with SF, even though gix is just not on Demon's level, Demon really just neuters the CW.
Get it by your hands...
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
September 07 2009 00:25 GMT
#10352
where's bdares on the forums?

and that SF missed a lot of easy CS :\
Hates Fun🤔
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
September 07 2009 01:32 GMT
#10353
Conclusion on last 20 pages of dota thread:

Clockwerk is good.

Tnx.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Antifate
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States415 Posts
September 07 2009 03:46 GMT
#10354
His stat gain makes me sad in the pants though.

And no unit sounds really.
No one is taller than the last man standing.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 15:46:41
September 07 2009 15:45 GMT
#10355
So there's a discussion in D-A comp. forums about how dota became more 'boring' compared to the earlier versions and I'd like to add my 2 cents on how I'd like the general gameplay to be changed and see what you guys think. Some of the suggestions I'll make won't be my own but I'll try to explain why I support them.

I'm not supporting these changes because I want dota to be a shorter game. I don't have any problem with playing a 60 min game but that feeling of having to put so much effort into wrapping up the game after you get a significant lead is annoying. Comebacks are nice but I think SC has the balance I'm looking for where you have to really earn your comeback from playing poorly early/mid.

- bounty on kill streakers should not increase: 'HEY you're doing really well, just remember not to fuck up and die to their carry cause he might make 700 gold off you.' What a stupid system. I'm surprised this bullshit is still around. If dota is going to go in the competitive direction, there shouldn't be any penalty whatsoever for doing well. You get more experience from higher lvl heroes as it is.
- no/less random creep $. I know it averages out after like 100 cs but for the same reasons as mentioned above, the randomness is unnecessary. It's like SCVs mining randomly between 6-10 minerals each time.
- more hero kill bounty. This would encourage more aggressive play and games that already have been won would end faster. Perhaps more power to heroes like tiny and puj.
- each hero within a certain distance of enemy tower reduces its armor by a certain amount. As it is now, split pushing prolongs the game and in some cases it's just creeps going back and forth with a few deaths here and there without much progress. This feature would encourage pushing earlier which leads to more decisive battles and less of 1 asshole prolonging the game for another 5 minutes by discouraging the other team to push since they don't want to risk losing a 5v4.
- don't completely remove buyback but give it a cd just like glyph
- I have mixed feelings about wards. They're an important part of dota but lately I've felt that they too prolong the game. Maybe 3 sentries per 200 gold would make things interesting. Again, the idea is to give a slight edge to the winning team.

More specific things to introduce more heroes/strats:
- make pipe single target with shorter cd maybe
- MoM sucks.. reduce extra dmg taken and make it so you that you cant die from the extra dmg like kunkka's ult. Kind of minor but hey, you might see more barathrum and FV
- hands of midas = stupid item that doesn't really contribute to the game imo
- longer push distance on force staff ^_^
- stronger necrobook 1/2

So what do you think?
('''(G_G/'''')
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 16:07:21
September 07 2009 15:53 GMT
#10356
I suggest you post it on PlayDota.com's competitive forum rather than D-A.com as Icefrog doesn't really pay attention to that. I disagree about Midas, it's a high risk high reward item, it does need to be tweeked though. Don't post in the suggestions forum, its a wasteland.

I can tell you this though, Icefrog does take what known players say seriously. Do NOT present yourself as another person with suggestions if you want to be taken seriously, since your team is in ADC09 as the Korea representative, I suggest you post your suggestion with that in mind.

And if you want to be more effective in actually getting changes actually implemented, get the opinions of your fellow ADC-ers.

And one last thing, he is the middle of balance and fixings for 6.63, if you want to get your stuff in, now is the best time.
Get it by your hands...
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
September 07 2009 16:49 GMT
#10357
On September 08 2009 00:45 Heen wrote:
So there's a discussion in D-A comp. forums about how dota became more 'boring' compared to the earlier versions and I'd like to add my 2 cents on how I'd like the general gameplay to be changed and see what you guys think. Some of the suggestions I'll make won't be my own but I'll try to explain why I support them.

I'm not supporting these changes because I want dota to be a shorter game. I don't have any problem with playing a 60 min game but that feeling of having to put so much effort into wrapping up the game after you get a significant lead is annoying. Comebacks are nice but I think SC has the balance I'm looking for where you have to really earn your comeback from playing poorly early/mid.

- bounty on kill streakers should not increase: 'HEY you're doing really well, just remember not to fuck up and die to their carry cause he might make 700 gold off you.' What a stupid system. I'm surprised this bullshit is still around. If dota is going to go in the competitive direction, there shouldn't be any penalty whatsoever for doing well. You get more experience from higher lvl heroes as it is.
- no/less random creep $. I know it averages out after like 100 cs but for the same reasons as mentioned above, the randomness is unnecessary. It's like SCVs mining randomly between 6-10 minerals each time.
- more hero kill bounty. This would encourage more aggressive play and games that already have been won would end faster. Perhaps more power to heroes like tiny and puj.
- each hero within a certain distance of enemy tower reduces its armor by a certain amount. As it is now, split pushing prolongs the game and in some cases it's just creeps going back and forth with a few deaths here and there without much progress. This feature would encourage pushing earlier which leads to more decisive battles and less of 1 asshole prolonging the game for another 5 minutes by discouraging the other team to push since they don't want to risk losing a 5v4.
- don't completely remove buyback but give it a cd just like glyph
- I have mixed feelings about wards. They're an important part of dota but lately I've felt that they too prolong the game. Maybe 3 sentries per 200 gold would make things interesting. Again, the idea is to give a slight edge to the winning team.

More specific things to introduce more heroes/strats:
- make pipe single target with shorter cd maybe
- MoM sucks.. reduce extra dmg taken and make it so you that you cant die from the extra dmg like kunkka's ult. Kind of minor but hey, you might see more barathrum and FV
- hands of midas = stupid item that doesn't really contribute to the game imo
- longer push distance on force staff ^_^
- stronger necrobook 1/2

So what do you think?



While i like some of your suggestions, but i really think its just the way some heroes are right now. Alot of play styles right now in dota go toward a heavy carry late game which means people want to prolong the game for that carry. With you being able to all port to the tower at the same time (instead of 1 by 1), its hard to surprise push and gain an advantage by killing a hero before their entire team is there within 3 seconds.

There are also a decent amount of heroes who are just really hard to gank/time consuming to gank. Some carries have to be ganked all game where as others you can just kill them a couple times early and they fall too far behind, so its not too bad.

Right now as i see it, the game is rewarding pushing alot more than ganking (Testie scrimmed last week vs a team that did a split pushing strategy of invoker/krob, they lost even though they had a large hero kill advantage because all they did was defend pushes all the time).

Also, you say to remove the kill streak bonus, but increase the average hero kill gold. I don't mind either, but i think the kill streak gold should be lowered while the average gold of killing a hero is increased, or to just give people who assist a hero kill partial gold as well (like 15% of total hero gold). Maybe then you could increase the average hero gold kill and everyone who assists can get some.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 07 2009 17:00 GMT
#10358
Alv I think its more that nowadays it's just too easy to fall back on a turtle strategy even if you lose towers since the common picks these days allow you to do either push or turtle when you need to. The hero kill differential use to mean something, now its am I down by more than 20? No? Then I can still win npnp.

For anyone interested, this is the interview that started all of this recent discussion.
http://www.fragster.de/artikel/8111/dota-interview-with-razerkuroky-the-strategic-part-of-dota-is-practically-dead_dota/
Get it by your hands...
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
September 07 2009 17:49 GMT
#10359
Judicator, which forum exactly should I post in?

- Suggestions (x)
- Balance Debates
- Competitive Chat
('''(G_G/'''')
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 07 2009 17:59 GMT
#10360
Competitive Chat is the cleanest one, and the one I can offer some help in if the conversation ever degrades into stupidity.

Balance Debates is ok too, the mods are fairly active in there and I can keep that discussion going in there so it won't drop off the front page.

Suggestions is just no, too much fluff.

Honestly though, I can just do what fragster did with Kuroky and spotlight you and your team since the Asian scene if fairly well-received at PD.com.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 516 517 518 519 520 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 149
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 31
SpeCial 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 532
910 57
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm85
League of Legends
Doublelift2953
Super Smash Bros
PPMD90
Other Games
summit1g9428
Grubby2849
shahzam630
C9.Mang0288
PiGStarcraft141
Maynarde96
Liquid`Ken9
Vindicta4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick366
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• musti20045 43
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21462
Other Games
• imaqtpie744
• Shiphtur245
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 52m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 52m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.