• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:29
CEST 09:29
KST 16:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7674 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 60 Next
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
April 29 2013 18:29 GMT
#241
His Morrigan is spectacular. She may be an amazing character, but don't doubt that he's a huge part of it too. Over the past 2 months or so I've noticed how ridiculously NOT lame he's being, unless the situation demands it (they X-factor and he's letting it burn for example, or something similar, or if they're in easy chip range). His Morrigan rush down has been equally or MORE impressive, in my opinion.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
April 29 2013 19:34 GMT
#242
Morrigan is probably a broken character. The problem is, UMvC3 is a game where pretty much every character has mixups and huge damage, and so does Morrigan, but she also has this insane ability to kill 2 characters at full screen through chip damage. Phoenix has a spectacular ability too, but there's a big tradeoff. With Morrigan there's none. You could go the entire match never popping Astral Vision and she'd still probably be a better character than Ryu.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
April 29 2013 20:00 GMT
#243
Morrigan is a very good character, but I don't think she's broken. I think all that's needed is a few tweaks to make things manageable- one is to make it so she doesn't gain meter in Astral Vision (maybe reduce chip damage overall as well), and two is to nerf Hidden Missiles, because that assist is just ridiculous. Reduce Doom's health so that he can be more easily sniped, or do something about the way the missiles home.
Graphics
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
April 29 2013 20:24 GMT
#244
On April 29 2013 13:44 myrmidon2537 wrote:
People need a pocket Dante (jam session), Dormammu, maybe even Hawkeye against Chris G.

I wonder if Ammy (point) with Doom plasma beam would still work just like how marlin used to do. Seriously though, outside the choke, props to ranmasama for almost taking it with an (arguably) harder matchup. Just smart plays everywhere.

As for SF... Ehhh I got nothing. Xian probably does have the most potential for taking infiltration down, he sometimes just chokes/gets outplayed, but he's extremely good.


You can't have a pocket Dormammu. You either main him or don't use him at all. The same thing applies with Morrigan.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 20:49:52
April 29 2013 20:36 GMT
#245
On April 30 2013 05:00 Sigrun wrote:
Morrigan is a very good character, but I don't think she's broken. I think all that's needed is a few tweaks to make things manageable- one is to make it so she doesn't gain meter in Astral Vision (maybe reduce chip damage overall as well), and two is to nerf Hidden Missiles, because that assist is just ridiculous. Reduce Doom's health so that he can be more easily sniped, or do something about the way the missiles home.

F.champ and crew (decently fun series to watch btw, FGTV Balance discussion - I don't LOVE the guys doing it but there's some interesting discussion and actually smart ideas, at least when they aren't talking about Magus' characters...) mentioned the idea of making only Doom's first missile "homing" and the rest follow the first one. Basically meaning whenever they lock target in the air, they all fly in that straight line. Aka it wouldn't change their combo potential but would make their neutral lock down much less ridiculous / easy to dodge.

Also yes, no meter in Astral pls lol...
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
April 29 2013 22:41 GMT
#246
On April 30 2013 03:29 Duka08 wrote:
His Morrigan is spectacular. She may be an amazing character, but don't doubt that he's a huge part of it too. Over the past 2 months or so I've noticed how ridiculously NOT lame he's being, unless the situation demands it (they X-factor and he's letting it burn for example, or something similar, or if they're in easy chip range). His Morrigan rush down has been equally or MORE impressive, in my opinion.


Gotta echo the rush down sentiment. Its really impressive. I personally don't like Morrigan as a character (much more of a Dorm fan) but watching ChrisG use her is really a treat to watch.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
April 30 2013 01:16 GMT
#247
On April 30 2013 05:00 Sigrun wrote:
Morrigan is a very good character, but I don't think she's broken. I think all that's needed is a few tweaks to make things manageable- one is to make it so she doesn't gain meter in Astral Vision (maybe reduce chip damage overall as well), and two is to nerf Hidden Missiles, because that assist is just ridiculous. Reduce Doom's health so that he can be more easily sniped, or do something about the way the missiles home.


Dunno, I think meter gain in UMvC3 is just awful in general. You could easily find a battery for her. I think reducing the chip damage is the key, although personally I wouldn't touch Astral Vision at all. I'd just put some recovery on flight and nerf some of her normals (shell kick lol) so she isn't such a rushdown powerhouse as well. It's like fighting MvC2 Cable AND Sentinel combined.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
April 30 2013 05:48 GMT
#248
I'm still not sure exactly what needs to change with Morrigan, and all of you have mentioned good ideas, but I haven't seen anyone really talk about Shell Kick yet. When people are discussing Morrigan, this move frequently gets overlooked due to her daunting Soul Fist zoning, but I see it as one of the most powerful aspects of Morrigan. From my perspective, this move comes out way too quickly and its hitbox is simply too good. In this game, Morrigan is designed to be a mobile zoning character, so it makes sense that her Astral Vision, amplified with Hidden Missiles of course, is able to lock down a high majority of the cast. However, she should be extremely vulnerable in close range and that isn't the case right now when you consider that she can rely on Shell Kick whenever a character gets in range. By the way, Hidden Missiles breaking up combos is probably more broken than Morrigan as a whole, but I guess that is a discussion for another day .
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
April 30 2013 05:51 GMT
#249
Golden boy neo... I knew he was pretty good before but DAMN did he look sick at NCR. Huge props to him as well as kane for giving us some hype story lines to follow into the final day.
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 30 2013 11:07 GMT
#250
On April 30 2013 05:24 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 13:44 myrmidon2537 wrote:
People need a pocket Dante (jam session), Dormammu, maybe even Hawkeye against Chris G.

I wonder if Ammy (point) with Doom plasma beam would still work just like how marlin used to do. Seriously though, outside the choke, props to ranmasama for almost taking it with an (arguably) harder matchup. Just smart plays everywhere.

As for SF... Ehhh I got nothing. Xian probably does have the most potential for taking infiltration down, he sometimes just chokes/gets outplayed, but he's extremely good.


You can't have a pocket Dormammu. You either main him or don't use him at all. The same thing applies with Morrigan.


Well, yeah. I guess. Still, you should have a pocket character for dealing with immediate threats like Morrigan.

Hidden missiles is good, but they're not as good as they were before because people found ways to deal with it, (use a beam assist to counter call; hit early? no missile, hit late? doom still eats damage. He's on screen for way too long. etc). The problem is Morrigan *with* Missiles because Astral Vision fireballs makes it almost completely safe..

If I were to pick something to change about her, remove meter gain during astral vision and it'll be fine. I don't think Morrigan is broken, she's just really really really good. People should just start having some sort of backup teams prepared for things like this. If people have pocket characters in AE, and well, almost everyone at a high level in MvC2 also knew how to counter pick teams, they should probably invest some time in getting a dedicated anti-morrigan team and just let the mindgames flow during character select screen.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
April 30 2013 20:39 GMT
#251
On April 30 2013 20:07 myrmidon2537 wrote:
Well, yeah. I guess. Still, you should have a pocket character for dealing with immediate threats like Morrigan.


If you don't build a team to beat Morrigan/Doom/Vergil, you won't come close to defeating it. Morrigan by herself can be dealt with by several different characters but Morrigan/Doom is a different story and anchor Vergil eliminates most of the standard tactics you would rely on to kill Morrigan.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
May 07 2013 21:42 GMT
#252
Got sfiv:ae on sale 9 days ago. been playin a little, I'm using an xbox stick I borrowed from my friend. I've got a problem, though: I'd like to set the lp + mp + hp to nothing (currently have it on the 4th upper button) because i keep throwing out ex shouryus when I mean to use my ultra combo. is how do i set the input to nothing?
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 07 2013 21:47 GMT
#253
On May 08 2013 06:42 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
Got sfiv:ae on sale 9 days ago. been playin a little, I'm using an xbox stick I borrowed from my friend. I've got a problem, though: I'd like to set the lp + mp + hp to nothing (currently have it on the 4th upper button) because i keep throwing out ex shouryus when I mean to use my ultra combo. is how do i set the input to nothing?


You'd enter Button Config in Options or the Pause menu and set the 4th and 8th buttons on the stick to No Function. On Madcatz SE and TE sticks, the 4th button is LB and the 8th button is LT. On Hori sticks, the 4th button is LB and the 8th button is RB.
Moderator
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
May 07 2013 21:50 GMT
#254
On May 08 2013 06:42 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
Got sfiv:ae on sale 9 days ago. been playin a little, I'm using an xbox stick I borrowed from my friend. I've got a problem, though: I'd like to set the lp + mp + hp to nothing (currently have it on the 4th upper button) because i keep throwing out ex shouryus when I mean to use my ultra combo. is how do i set the input to nothing?


If you're getting EX moves instead of Ultras when using the 3xP button, it's because you're doing the directional inputs wrong. 3xP guarantees that all 3 punches come out at the same time.

But anyway, just go into button config and change the button to No Function if you don't want it.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
May 07 2013 21:51 GMT
#255
but how do i set it to no function? I've been sitting at the menu
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
May 07 2013 21:52 GMT
#256
aha! nevermind. I can just override another key then reset. derp!
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
May 07 2013 21:52 GMT
#257
On May 08 2013 06:51 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
but how do i set it to no function? I've been sitting at the menu


...Go to button config, go to the button you want to disable, hold left.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
May 07 2013 23:28 GMT
#258
On May 08 2013 06:50 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2013 06:42 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
Got sfiv:ae on sale 9 days ago. been playin a little, I'm using an xbox stick I borrowed from my friend. I've got a problem, though: I'd like to set the lp + mp + hp to nothing (currently have it on the 4th upper button) because i keep throwing out ex shouryus when I mean to use my ultra combo. is how do i set the input to nothing?


If you're getting EX moves instead of Ultras when using the 3xP button, it's because you're doing the directional inputs wrong. 3xP guarantees that all 3 punches come out at the same time.

But anyway, just go into button config and change the button to No Function if you don't want it.

i always hit it unintentionally with my pinky
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
May 19 2013 01:02 GMT
#259
So if you weren't watching Fooblat vs KaneBlueRiver on http://twitch.tv/teamsp00ky you messed up.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 19 2013 01:04 GMT
#260
Marvel is all down hill from here. Forever. That was the pinnacle.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 376
Leta 208
Dewaltoss 109
sSak 51
ZergMaN 33
Bale 33
NotJumperer 33
Aegong 31
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor37
Other Games
summit1g9252
olofmeister428
Sick212
Nina69
Happy8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick776
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush985
• Jankos500
• Stunt485
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 31m
Replay Cast
15h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.