• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:26
CEST 16:26
KST 23:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9382 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 60 Next
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
April 29 2013 02:23 GMT
#221
Not gonna lie, I've rarely seen such high level street fighting. This set just confirmed that Infiltration is still the SF god, and that Xian is an absolute beast. The way he was able to reset the bracket with a 3-0 was extremely impressive.
o choro é livre
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
April 29 2013 03:57 GMT
#222
NEO Winners Final match was so hype! 3 players left... rooting against Christ G obv lol
Chance favors the prepared mind.
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
April 29 2013 03:58 GMT
#223
On April 29 2013 12:57 Pufftrees wrote:
NEO Winners Final match was so hype! 3 players left... rooting against Christ G obv lol

That shit was ridiculously tense!
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
April 29 2013 04:22 GMT
#224
Well the final isn't so hype lol
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 04:27:08
April 29 2013 04:24 GMT
#225
FChamp rubbing Neo's back like a friend would to someone who just lost their mother.

Yea.

[image loading]
Forever Young
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
April 29 2013 04:34 GMT
#226
We really need somebody to step up. Infiltration and Chris G are running a monopoly right now on Boardwalk and Park Place, while everyone else is stuck on Ventnor Avenue. At least those sets with Xian weren't a blowup, but damn.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 29 2013 04:44 GMT
#227
People need a pocket Dante (jam session), Dormammu, maybe even Hawkeye against Chris G.

I wonder if Ammy (point) with Doom plasma beam would still work just like how marlin used to do. Seriously though, outside the choke, props to ranmasama for almost taking it with an (arguably) harder matchup. Just smart plays everywhere.

As for SF... Ehhh I got nothing. Xian probably does have the most potential for taking infiltration down, he sometimes just chokes/gets outplayed, but he's extremely good.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
April 29 2013 04:53 GMT
#228
I'm new to the FGC, but for some reason I dislike ChrisG even though I don't know him at all, I just feel like cheering against him for no real reason. It's weird.

He seems like a super talented dude though. Top tier player in multiple games from what I've seen.
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
April 29 2013 04:56 GMT
#229
On April 29 2013 13:24 sung_moon wrote:
FChamp rubbing Neo's back like a friend would to someone who just lost their mother.

Yea.

[image loading]


ahhhhhhahahah that's just gold...

He's wearing two headsets the whole day and not using either.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
April 29 2013 05:01 GMT
#230
On April 29 2013 13:53 RagequitBM wrote:
I'm new to the FGC, but for some reason I dislike ChrisG even though I don't know him at all, I just feel like cheering against him for no real reason. It's weird.


You and everybody else.

He's a really cool guy though, he's not arrogant like FChamp, he's just very competitive and takes every loss like a bullet. I'd say he's the FGC equivalent of HerO. I don't really know how he got the villain role when everyone else talks 10x more shit than he does, I guess it's just because he wins everything and pot monsters believe his team requires no skill to play.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
April 29 2013 05:07 GMT
#231
On April 29 2013 14:01 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 13:53 RagequitBM wrote:
I'm new to the FGC, but for some reason I dislike ChrisG even though I don't know him at all, I just feel like cheering against him for no real reason. It's weird.


You and everybody else.

He's a really cool guy though, he's not arrogant like FChamp, he's just very competitive and takes every loss like a bullet. I'd say he's the FGC equivalent of HerO. I don't really know how he got the villain role when everyone else talks 10x more shit than he does, I guess it's just because he wins everything and pot monsters believe his team requires no skill to play.


probably because of his morrigan?
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
April 29 2013 05:15 GMT
#232
And him calling another player out that he sucks alot on twitter
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 29 2013 05:18 GMT
#233
On April 29 2013 14:01 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 13:53 RagequitBM wrote:
I'm new to the FGC, but for some reason I dislike ChrisG even though I don't know him at all, I just feel like cheering against him for no real reason. It's weird.


You and everybody else.

He's a really cool guy though, he's not arrogant like FChamp, he's just very competitive and takes every loss like a bullet. I'd say he's the FGC equivalent of HerO. I don't really know how he got the villain role when everyone else talks 10x more shit than he does, I guess it's just because he wins everything and pot monsters believe his team requires no skill to play.


He gets the villain role because of morridoom and morridoom alone.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 05:29:37
April 29 2013 05:24 GMT
#234
On April 29 2013 14:01 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 13:53 RagequitBM wrote:
I'm new to the FGC, but for some reason I dislike ChrisG even though I don't know him at all, I just feel like cheering against him for no real reason. It's weird.


You and everybody else.

He's a really cool guy though, he's not arrogant like FChamp, he's just very competitive and takes every loss like a bullet. I'd say he's the FGC equivalent of HerO. I don't really know how he got the villain role when everyone else talks 10x more shit than he does, I guess it's just because he wins everything and pot monsters believe his team requires no skill to play.

every time he loses to someone he doesn't lose to frequently he lets everyone know he doesn't respect them, i think thats pretty lame, he deserves the villain rap he gets,
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
April 29 2013 05:47 GMT
#235
Well, before he was good he used to cry. Like, after every set he lost. Then he started playing Morridoom.
Fan of the Jangbanger
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
April 29 2013 07:13 GMT
#236
Looking at the PS3 discussion on the previous page: Isn't Sony one of Evo's sponsors, and that's the reason why the use PS3s?
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
April 29 2013 07:37 GMT
#237
Maybe but damn does Marvel suck something fierce on it...
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
April 29 2013 13:41 GMT
#238
I remember going to my first mvc3 tourney and they where playing on ps3.
5 seconds into the match I was like "uh........what the fuck is this shit lol". But now I know, and that's half the battle.....rite...-_-
knuckle
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
April 29 2013 16:58 GMT
#239
Yeah, morridoom will carry Chris G until the next game. He's still a top-tier player, newer people just tend to hate lamers. It's like watching someone who doesn't know how to fight Sagat with a rushdown character when there are fireballs flying everywhere. You'll get called every dirty name in the book until you get outside chobo-tier brackets. Same thing with
Chris G's team. I will say this about Marvel, though. Blocking is so much harder than SF4 because the game is so fast paced. It's why people hate characters like akuma in SF4. Once they're in it can become a virtual guessing game as to where you have to block. People tend to think that's lame because where's the skill in guessing correctly? I think there's a balance to it. I enjoy rushing people down and making them guess, but I can see why that's bad at high level.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 17:25:05
April 29 2013 17:24 GMT
#240
People are seriously underestimating how difficult it is to play Morrigan the way Chris does. He's not just spamming projectiles, there's an almost ingenious pattern to it (not to mention how difficult it is on a technical level), which is the reason why no one else has managed to replicate it (other Morri players like Dieminion and Xian are not even close) and no one can properly train against it except by playing Chris himself. But "stream monsters" just see someone throwing fireballs and think that's all there is to it.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 940
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC508
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 508
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50043
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1304
EffOrt 1182
Soma 695
Mini 596
Hyuk 582
BeSt 501
Light 459
Larva 415
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
ZerO 220
910 86
Mong 86
Leta 82
Sea.KH 62
Snow 57
firebathero 56
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 37
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Trap 15
Sacsri 15
Rock 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Shine 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva743
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1071
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1643
hiko1284
Beastyqt576
B2W.Neo398
Livibee195
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX178
XaKoH 144
ArmadaUGS115
djWHEAT79
KnowMe78
Mew2King71
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• poizon28 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2565
Other Games
• Shiphtur90
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 34m
Online Event
20h 34m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.