• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

The Unofficial Team Liquid Chess GroupTournament - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 01:37:59
November 02 2013 01:37 GMT
#41
On November 02 2013 09:25 slowbacontron wrote:
I just joined! Probably too late to play in the first tournament but I'll take some time to acclimate myself to this site, etc.


Inhouse hasn't started yet, so no worry slowbacontron.
Smancer (the super admin) seems busy at the moment, but I'm guessing he'll find some time this weekend to create the tournament on Chess.com and get this rolling.
If not, then I'll make one after this weekend.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
November 02 2013 10:29 GMT
#42
All right, sounds good!
jjakji fan
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 12:48:47
November 04 2013 10:27 GMT
#43
TLChess Closed Tourney #2


http://www.chess.com/tournament/tlchess-closed-tourney-2


Our tournament is finally up!

Invites have gone out to all the members in teamliquid group in chess.com (except for those who have their "open to invite" disabled)

If anyone, who is not in the teamliquid group in chess.com, is interested in participating, join the group in chess.com and send me a pm, and I will send the invite to you.
If anyone, who is already in the teamliquid group in chess.com, have not received an invite for whatever reason, send me a pm also and I will send the invite to you.

About the tournament:
  • starts Monday, Nov 11 7:11pm GMT (GMT+00:00) (registration closes once tournament begins)
  • 24 hours / move
  • 2 games per opponent, once as White, once as Black
  • We'll be using Chess.com's round robin knock out system ( http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/80/0/how-does-a-round-robin-knock-out-tournament-work )


For full information, please visit the tournament link.
Hope to see you guys there. Lets have some fun!!!!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
November 04 2013 10:30 GMT
#44
I joined.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
November 05 2013 15:21 GMT
#45
So how does this 24h per move thing work, does this mean I have to make exactly one move every day?
I assume that it means that after you opponent has moved, you have 24h to do your move again?
This means that you have to be available for like a month (30days) to finish a match of 30 moves? Especially if your opponent is from a completely different timezone right, because it is hard to make faster moves then I guess....

So, how does it work?
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-05 15:51:03
November 05 2013 15:41 GMT
#46
On November 06 2013 00:21 Ketch wrote:
So how does this 24h per move thing work, does this mean I have to make exactly one move every day?
I assume that it means that after you opponent has moved, you have 24h to do your move again?
This means that you have to be available for like a month (30days) to finish a match of 30 moves? Especially if your opponent is from a completely different timezone right, because it is hard to make faster moves then I guess....

So, how does it work?

When your opponent moves, you have 24 hours to make your move.

For example, player A makes a move on Monday 6pm (player A's time). Then player B have until Tuesday 6pm (player A's time) to make his move. Let's say player B made his move on Monday 9 pm (player A's time). Then player A will have until Tuesday 9 pm (player A's time) to make his move.
Hope this makes sense. It's not 24 hours from when YOU moved. It's 24 hours from when YOUR OPPONENT moves.

In theory, yes if both players take all 24 hours to make 1 move at a time, then a single match can take a month.
But in practice, I haven't seen it happen yet.

As far as having to be available for a month, my take on it is, as long as one has continual access to internet, then making 1 move a day shouldn't be a problem.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 16:58:55
November 10 2013 16:56 GMT
#47
Tournament starts in

http://www.chess.com/tournament/tlchess-closed-tourney-2
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
November 11 2013 21:45 GMT
#48
Tournament has begun! GL HF guys!

http://www.chess.com/tournaments/pairings?id=77038&round=1
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
November 11 2013 21:59 GMT
#49
glhf all!
jjakji fan
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 03:24:10
November 12 2013 03:23 GMT
#50
Very fun already. I'm in the middle of two other non-tourny games that are 3days/move as well. Interesting seeing these games all go at varying paces.

don_kyuohote and strethdor our games have quite an exciting start.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. You guys just got me hooked on chess.com. This is the first reason I've had to really push me to try it. Lots of fun!

going to sleep atm.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
November 13 2013 12:24 GMT
#51
we have begun! i hope i don' t just forget to log on one day and move, very weird openings in my 3 games
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
November 13 2013 19:16 GMT
#52
Somebody already forfeited against me.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
November 13 2013 19:21 GMT
#53
Warsame nooo D:
jjakji fan
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 14:02:12
November 15 2013 12:03 GMT
#54
On November 12 2013 12:23 3FFA wrote:
don_kyuohote and strethdor our games have quite an exciting start.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Indeed! Our game has turned quite sharp pretty quickly. I basically have no experience playing against Pirc, so this is definitely a new territory for me.
Definitely didn't get enough compensation for that bishop sac, but it ain't over yet.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
November 15 2013 16:39 GMT
#55
On November 15 2013 21:03 don_kyuhote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 12:23 3FFA wrote:
don_kyuohote and strethdor our games have quite an exciting start.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Indeed! Our game has turned quite sharp pretty quickly. I basically have no experience playing against Pirc, so this is definitely a new territory for me.
Definitely didn't get enough compensation for that bishop sac, but it ain't over yet.

What if I told you this is my very first time using the Pirc outside of a few practice games with the computer that I played both before and in the middle of our match?

Unfortuneatly chess.com is blocked from my school so I can't look at the current board position for about 5 more hours but I was really surprised that you let me fork your rooks with my bishop.

SehWho timed out in my first game against him. =/

I'm also finding that correspondence chess really lets me spend lots of time thinking over my opponent's next possible move and my responses to each to the point that I'm making much better moves than I do under tight time pressure.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-16 03:36:36
November 16 2013 02:01 GMT
#56
Wow HUGE upset in group #1.

On November 16 2013 01:39 3FFA wrote:
What if I told you this is my very first time using the Pirc outside of a few practice games with the computer that I played both before and in the middle of our match?

Unfortuneatly chess.com is blocked from my school so I can't look at the current board position for about 5 more hours but I was really surprised that you let me fork your rooks with my bishop.

hehe the rook fork...what if I told you...+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I was disappointed to find out that you didn't go 16...Bxc3 when I woke up that day and checked. But it really was a coin flip by me. I was banking on you to 16...Bxc3 17 Re3 Bxa1 18 Qxa1 and I win. But if your bishop doesn't take Ra1, then I'm just giving away a pawn for nothing in return, so it was a gamble.
But when you moved 16 ...Bc4, I figured you saw the trap and avoided, so I had to change plan. I still feel like I'm in a favorable position since you're basically down a rook too (that rook on h8 ain't going anywhere anytime soon ) and my remaining pieces got a heckuva lot more active, but I am playing with fire right now, that's for sure.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
November 17 2013 02:47 GMT
#57
On November 16 2013 11:01 don_kyuhote wrote:
Wow HUGE upset in group #1.

Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 01:39 3FFA wrote:
What if I told you this is my very first time using the Pirc outside of a few practice games with the computer that I played both before and in the middle of our match?

Unfortuneatly chess.com is blocked from my school so I can't look at the current board position for about 5 more hours but I was really surprised that you let me fork your rooks with my bishop.

hehe the rook fork...what if I told you...+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I was disappointed to find out that you didn't go 16...Bxc3 when I woke up that day and checked. But it really was a coin flip by me. I was banking on you to 16...Bxc3 17 Re3 Bxa1 18 Qxa1 and I win. But if your bishop doesn't take Ra1, then I'm just giving away a pawn for nothing in return, so it was a gamble.
But when you moved 16 ...Bc4, I figured you saw the trap and avoided, so I had to change plan. I still feel like I'm in a favorable position since you're basically down a rook too (that rook on h8 ain't going anywhere anytime soon ) and my remaining pieces got a heckuva lot more active, but I am playing with fire right now, that's for sure.

Yeah except someone apparently made a move without my knowledge and my Queen got sacrificed for no reason…

clearly it is not my destiny to win.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
November 17 2013 05:35 GMT
#58
On November 17 2013 11:47 3FFA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 11:01 don_kyuhote wrote:
Wow HUGE upset in group #1.

On November 16 2013 01:39 3FFA wrote:
What if I told you this is my very first time using the Pirc outside of a few practice games with the computer that I played both before and in the middle of our match?

Unfortuneatly chess.com is blocked from my school so I can't look at the current board position for about 5 more hours but I was really surprised that you let me fork your rooks with my bishop.

hehe the rook fork...what if I told you...+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I was disappointed to find out that you didn't go 16...Bxc3 when I woke up that day and checked. But it really was a coin flip by me. I was banking on you to 16...Bxc3 17 Re3 Bxa1 18 Qxa1 and I win. But if your bishop doesn't take Ra1, then I'm just giving away a pawn for nothing in return, so it was a gamble.
But when you moved 16 ...Bc4, I figured you saw the trap and avoided, so I had to change plan. I still feel like I'm in a favorable position since you're basically down a rook too (that rook on h8 ain't going anywhere anytime soon ) and my remaining pieces got a heckuva lot more active, but I am playing with fire right now, that's for sure.

Yeah except someone apparently made a move without my knowledge and my Queen got sacrificed for no reason…

clearly it is not my destiny to win.

check your pm.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-20 13:16:34
November 19 2013 01:11 GMT
#59
On November 17 2013 14:35 don_kyuhote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2013 11:47 3FFA wrote:
On November 16 2013 11:01 don_kyuhote wrote:
Wow HUGE upset in group #1.

On November 16 2013 01:39 3FFA wrote:
What if I told you this is my very first time using the Pirc outside of a few practice games with the computer that I played both before and in the middle of our match?

Unfortuneatly chess.com is blocked from my school so I can't look at the current board position for about 5 more hours but I was really surprised that you let me fork your rooks with my bishop.

hehe the rook fork...what if I told you...+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I was disappointed to find out that you didn't go 16...Bxc3 when I woke up that day and checked. But it really was a coin flip by me. I was banking on you to 16...Bxc3 17 Re3 Bxa1 18 Qxa1 and I win. But if your bishop doesn't take Ra1, then I'm just giving away a pawn for nothing in return, so it was a gamble.
But when you moved 16 ...Bc4, I figured you saw the trap and avoided, so I had to change plan. I still feel like I'm in a favorable position since you're basically down a rook too (that rook on h8 ain't going anywhere anytime soon ) and my remaining pieces got a heckuva lot more active, but I am playing with fire right now, that's for sure.

Yeah except someone apparently made a move without my knowledge and my Queen got sacrificed for no reason…

clearly it is not my destiny to win.

check your pm.

FYI turned out it was actually my best move from my further analyzation. My loss is pending… (:

edit: Lost. I will have my revenge!
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 21 2013 14:59 GMT
#60
Apparently i took a game off of a master level player? That's crazy, it might be my second ever in any format. I think he could have drawn that but I'm not good at endgames so I'm not sure.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Killer 72
Sea.KH 64
Dewaltoss 61
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
Yoon 27
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6676
Dendi814
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1324
kRYSTAL_124
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
Other Games
gofns41221
singsing2110
B2W.Neo671
hiko426
byalli324
crisheroes299
DeMusliM226
Livibee196
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX108
Rex96
Mew2King95
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 34m
Replay Cast
9h 19m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.