• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9048 users

The Unofficial Team Liquid Chess GroupTournament - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-22 12:18:57
December 22 2013 12:17 GMT
#81
On December 20 2013 12:41 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2013 09:59 GolemMadness wrote:
On December 19 2013 22:22 3FFA wrote:
On December 18 2013 11:51 GolemMadness wrote:
I'm definitely glad that it's one day per move. Keep having other games where people take like 5 days to move, so by the time I see the game again I've forgotten what I was planning on doing.

But then you just re analyze the position. Chess is a puzzle of itself in this way. The challenge is finding the best move for your particular position.


Sure, except I want to play a game, not solve puzzles, and I think it a waste of time to analyse the same lines over and over because my opponent takes 10 days to move.

Use the Notes thing!

Apparently if you type a Note when your opponent decides to move the whole unsaved part of the note gets lost. Save after each sentence if it is your opponent's move. Just noting that here for others.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
January 14 2014 03:11 GMT
#82
I don't think 3FFA wants this tournament to end.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-16 02:58:17
January 16 2014 02:49 GMT
#83
Haha. I don't.

Honestly though, I've got a school life in addition to a social life and I work as well so it gets hard to fit things. I've actually been coming onto the computer once a day for usually at most 20 minutes to do anything at all gaming related recently. Then I got sick and came on at almost exactly the same time each day for a few days.

Finally lost to FLABREZU. Great game. http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=81284210

By the way, can we have a TL -> Chess Translation sheet in the OP next time we do this? I still have almost no idea who's who.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
January 18 2014 07:36 GMT
#84
haha, yeah it would be nice if everyone just used their TL names for chess.com for reference.
If not, then we should have TL - Chess.com name list.

As for the length of the tourney, it's true it has gone a tad bit longer than I expected (I didn't expect it to last over 2 months)
But such is the nature of correspondence chess tourney I guess.



For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-18 19:01:03
January 18 2014 19:00 GMT
#85
On January 18 2014 16:36 don_kyuhote wrote:
haha, yeah it would be nice if everyone just used their TL names for chess.com for reference.
If not, then we should have TL - Chess.com name list.

As for the length of the tourney, it's true it has gone a tad bit longer than I expected (I didn't expect it to last over 2 months)
But such is the nature of correspondence chess tourney I guess.




Man I expected to be eliminated after a month.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
JoRoSaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom143 Posts
January 21 2014 23:00 GMT
#86
On December 10 2013 08:38 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=80125548

This match was one of the most intense games I have ever played, and I managed to find a draw against an insanely strong player. MAD PROPS to jorosar, whoever you are, because that was the hardest game of my entire life.


Hahaha, I only just saw this! That was indeed a really intense game, GG! :D <3
Esports Host & Comentator || Twitch / Twitter / FB / YT: JoRoSaR
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
January 24 2014 00:34 GMT
#87
Mearp.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
January 29 2014 01:49 GMT
#88
Finally...the tournament concludes.

Congratulation to GolemMadness(FLABREZU) for defending his championship!
With an impeccable record of 14 wins 1 loss 3 draw, he has won the 2nd TLChess Closed Tourney!


The tournament can be viewed here: http://www.chess.com/tournament/tlchess-closed-tourney-2
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 23:21:48
January 29 2014 23:21 GMT
#89
Those were painful slow losses.

Congrats on a well deserved first place!
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
January 30 2014 01:20 GMT
#90
thx
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
January 30 2014 07:56 GMT
#91
Twas a fun one.
Definitely learned a lot about my own weaknesses.

The only bummer was that there were a lot of people losing by timing outs in the 1st round, but I think as people get used to it, that won't be a problem in the future.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
January 30 2014 08:09 GMT
#92
We should do a blitz tournament or something so I can drop a lot of pieces. :D
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
January 30 2014 10:21 GMT
#93
On January 30 2014 17:09 GolemMadness wrote:
We should do a blitz tournament or something so I can drop a lot of pieces. :D

haha, your loss to ZERG_RUSSIAN was definitely the upset of the tournament.

The thing about blitz is the logistical problem of having people sit down at the same time. Not the most TL-friendly thing when you consider that we are from many different time zones and all have other priorities in life.
After seeing what happened to the one wingpawn organized a few months back, I am skeptical. Not that I'm against anybody organizing it.

Meanwhile, I should start making the TL-chess.com name match list.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
January 31 2014 00:40 GMT
#94
On January 30 2014 19:21 don_kyuhote wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 17:09 GolemMadness wrote:
We should do a blitz tournament or something so I can drop a lot of pieces. :D

haha, your loss to ZERG_RUSSIAN was definitely the upset of the tournament.

The thing about blitz is the logistical problem of having people sit down at the same time. Not the most TL-friendly thing when you consider that we are from many different time zones and all have other priorities in life.
After seeing what happened to the one wingpawn organized a few months back, I am skeptical. Not that I'm against anybody organizing it.

Meanwhile, I should start making the TL-chess.com name match list.

Yeah that was crazy. I was like "Well this guy should be easy!" ….. *4 losses later* "What…."

I pm'd you.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
January 31 2014 06:52 GMT
#95
That's what I get for trying to move inbetween deaths in LoL.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
January 31 2014 22:49 GMT
#96
On January 31 2014 15:52 GolemMadness wrote:
That's what I get for trying to move inbetween deaths in LoL.

Ahha! So that's how you got first place… hmm… interesting… noted.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
February 03 2014 15:53 GMT
#97
Any feedbacks on the tournament itself?

I'm thinking we should have these tournaments about 2-3 times a year kinda like how OSL/MSLs were in BW.
I feel like the more, the better, but having it too often can really take the excitement/hype out (kinda like GSL)
Add the fact that the tourney takes anywhere from 1 month ~ 2 month to finish, I think having this twice or thrice a year sounds reasonable, with dates aimed towards vacation time, so it doesn't overlap with studying for the finals, for those who are in school.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
July 03 2014 01:23 GMT
#98
Hi Liquiders! I thought it's about time we host teamliquid inhouse tournament #3. I was thinking we should start around the time after World Cup ends. Thoughts?
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
husniack
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
203 Posts
July 05 2014 23:47 GMT
#99
I am interested!
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
July 06 2014 00:47 GMT
#100
Sup!
We have a team page on chess.com
http://www.chess.com/groups/view/team-liquid

If you haven't already, please join!
That's where we will play the tournament.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Killer 72
Sea.KH 64
Dewaltoss 61
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
Yoon 27
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6676
Dendi814
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1324
kRYSTAL_124
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
Other Games
gofns41221
singsing2110
B2W.Neo671
hiko426
byalli324
crisheroes299
DeMusliM226
Livibee196
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX108
Rex96
Mew2King95
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 34m
Replay Cast
9h 19m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.