• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7796 users

The Unofficial Team Liquid Chess GroupTournament - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
November 22 2013 02:20 GMT
#61
I have withdrawn. It was fun, but I was taking too long with my moves and I think I was too busy with life to get my games going at an appropriate pace. GLHF to the remaining players!
jjakji fan
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
November 22 2013 07:29 GMT
#62
I done goofed in that game. Dropped a piece then an exchange. Ouch.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 22 2013 07:55 GMT
#63
DON_KYUHOTE I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND DRR0X0RZZ LOL
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
November 22 2013 08:10 GMT
#64
Well, I guess my group needs to hurry up and finish so round 2 can start

Yeah there were more games decided by timing outs than I expected, but I guess the good news is that people who are remaining are the people who showed up consistently to not time out, so I hope timing out becomes less of a factor moving forward.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-24 14:34:06
November 24 2013 14:33 GMT
#65
On November 22 2013 17:10 don_kyuhote wrote:
Well, I guess my group needs to hurry up and finish so round 2 can start

Yeah there were more games decided by timing outs than I expected, but I guess the good news is that people who are remaining are the people who showed up consistently to not time out, so I hope timing out becomes less of a factor moving forward.

No I'm too busy having a piece advantage to hurry up and finish!

On November 22 2013 16:55 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
DON_KYUHOTE I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND DRR0X0RZZ LOL

…what did you DO to him? O.O
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
November 30 2013 12:53 GMT
#66
At last!
Round 2 has begun!

http://www.chess.com/tournaments/pairings?id=77038&round=2

Shit gets real from here. GL everyone!

On November 24 2013 23:33 3FFA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 16:55 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
DON_KYUHOTE I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND DRR0X0RZZ LOL
…what did you DO to him? O.O


I am just as puzzled as you are.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 01 2013 01:59 GMT
#67
FINALLY!!!
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
December 08 2013 01:19 GMT
#68
Feeling that you are going to win no matter what your opponent does is the greatest feeling in the world.
Feeling that you are going to lose no matter what you do is the worst feeling in the world.

Sigh….
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 09 2013 23:38 GMT
#69
http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=80125548

This match was one of the most intense games I have ever played, and I managed to find a draw against an insanely strong player. MAD PROPS to jorosar, whoever you are, because that was the hardest game of my entire life.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
December 10 2013 00:51 GMT
#70
On December 10 2013 08:38 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=80125548

This match was one of the most intense games I have ever played, and I managed to find a draw against an insanely strong player. MAD PROPS to jorosar, whoever you are, because that was the hardest game of my entire life.

Jorosar is a prominent caster in the SC2 scene
jjakji fan
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 10 2013 01:31 GMT
#71
I don't understand 60.Rd1. Doesn't Kb5 instead just win?
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 10 2013 04:09 GMT
#72
It probably does, I'm bad at endgames and was sure he had an insurmountable advantage but I may have been able to trade that pawn off and force a draw anyway? Not sure.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 10 2013 04:10 GMT
#73
Still, pretty excited to have taken a game off of an IM (flabrezu) and drawn a game against jorosar. Holy shit there are some strong chess players on TL.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
December 10 2013 08:45 GMT
#74
looks like a very nice game. I get pumped too when I'm down but find a way to draw.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
December 11 2013 17:28 GMT
#75
On December 10 2013 10:31 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't understand 60.Rd1. Doesn't Kb5 instead just win?

Yeah it does. Amazing how one missed move can completely change the results of a chess match.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
December 17 2013 11:54 GMT
#76
Round 3 has begun!!!


http://www.chess.com/tournaments/pairings?id=77038&round=3

GL to you all final 4.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 18 2013 02:51 GMT
#77
I'm definitely glad that it's one day per move. Keep having other games where people take like 5 days to move, so by the time I see the game again I've forgotten what I was planning on doing.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
December 19 2013 13:22 GMT
#78
On December 18 2013 11:51 GolemMadness wrote:
I'm definitely glad that it's one day per move. Keep having other games where people take like 5 days to move, so by the time I see the game again I've forgotten what I was planning on doing.

But then you just re analyze the position. Chess is a puzzle of itself in this way. The challenge is finding the best move for your particular position.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 20 2013 00:59 GMT
#79
On December 19 2013 22:22 3FFA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 11:51 GolemMadness wrote:
I'm definitely glad that it's one day per move. Keep having other games where people take like 5 days to move, so by the time I see the game again I've forgotten what I was planning on doing.

But then you just re analyze the position. Chess is a puzzle of itself in this way. The challenge is finding the best move for your particular position.


Sure, except I want to play a game, not solve puzzles, and I think it a waste of time to analyse the same lines over and over because my opponent takes 10 days to move.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
December 20 2013 03:41 GMT
#80
On December 20 2013 09:59 GolemMadness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2013 22:22 3FFA wrote:
On December 18 2013 11:51 GolemMadness wrote:
I'm definitely glad that it's one day per move. Keep having other games where people take like 5 days to move, so by the time I see the game again I've forgotten what I was planning on doing.

But then you just re analyze the position. Chess is a puzzle of itself in this way. The challenge is finding the best move for your particular position.


Sure, except I want to play a game, not solve puzzles, and I think it a waste of time to analyse the same lines over and over because my opponent takes 10 days to move.

Use the Notes thing!
jjakji fan
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 725
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko426
OGKoka 227
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52915
Calm 3804
Shuttle 2136
Bisu 1161
FanTaSy 1027
firebathero 375
Zeus 340
Hyuk 277
Stork 248
actioN 228
[ Show more ]
Soma 220
Mini 201
Rush 170
Soulkey 150
EffOrt 136
Last 136
Light 132
ZerO 91
Snow 85
Mong 76
Dewaltoss 67
Pusan 60
JYJ 46
Sea.KH 46
Free 41
Killer 41
NotJumperer 38
Bale 37
Barracks 33
Shinee 30
hero 29
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 25
Noble 25
Yoon 23
yabsab 23
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Aegong 19
PianO 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5408
Dendi536
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1392
kRYSTAL_55
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
gofns36366
singsing1941
B2W.Neo530
crisheroes255
DeMusliM203
Livibee59
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 1m
OSC
10h 16m
Replay Cast
11h 1m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.