• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:23
CEST 16:23
KST 23:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9377 users

Path of Exile - Page 1147

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 04 2016 06:25 GMT
#22921
Tried both the DX11 an DX9 version? (Options Menu!)

Also looks like Vsync enabled to me, explaining the 30 or 60 FPS with nothing in between.

Personally right now I need to run DX11, Vsync off and Nvidia Inspector to limit the game at 180fps. Vsync on or lower fps limit causes stuttering, DX9 has worse performance and no limiter means the game jumps up to 300-700fps and my GPU runs at 100% all the time.

Your mileage may vary but those are the knobs I'd play around with.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 08:19:09
December 04 2016 06:58 GMT
#22922
Yeah, vsync causes that form of stutter but I also get extremely low fps + freezes and stutter with vsync on.
I haven't tried dx11 yet but will do next time I launch poe.

I also found out that PoE takes 80% of CPU at times for some random reason. I wonder what setting I could lower to make PoE take less CPU.

e: I can't even replicate going under 100 fps in normal ledge breach but when I go to that typical mapping situation with shrine or multiple packs of mobs in breach I SOMETIMES get stutter.
e2: Switched to dx11 and last 3 breaches were smooth in maps. Now only monkey's getting proliferated freezes but at least it's a map freeze and not screen freeze.
e3: Got some crazy error when vaal fallens were killing me, nty dx11.
as useful as teasalt
AnathemAbw
Profile Joined October 2016
23 Posts
December 04 2016 08:31 GMT
#22923
This is the only good thing to come out of my first day in breach league
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 04 2016 08:34 GMT
#22924
I pretty much never could play PoE with VSync on in any version. Multithreading is on right? That should be no issues at all.

For me DX11 fixed most other issues without any crashes so far (I do get a few minor graphical glitches but performance seems worth it) so sorry I can't be of more help. =/

Prolly have to stick to DX9, Vsync off and FPS limiter in your case for a bit.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 08:58:13
December 04 2016 08:57 GMT
#22925
Last I played I had bad game performance when I opened map Breaches, not all of them but many. My FPS were constant at 60 but the latency was being a little unstable, but didn't look THAT terrible. The game was almost freezing at times.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 04 2016 10:20 GMT
#22926
Man my day 1 rng was big, hezmanas, soul strike, essence worm, 2x brittle, gg Eva gloves, 6link astral card.

I better not throw now
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
phantomlancer23
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
733 Posts
December 04 2016 10:58 GMT
#22927
Boredom hit me very hard, i couldnt keep my attention to the game any minute i put some music and some podcast to listen while playing, i m waiting for the cut of normal or something so much, the game is so boring and meaningless, the stracture and the ryth of the game in the beggining is so bad i had stacked 10 levels in a point.Its a boring process the game should start from cruel giving you some levels and gear.Heh some of you guys who reach maps in 6 hours maybe dont feel this but most players understand what i m saying.I got a tone of crashes too.
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
December 04 2016 11:28 GMT
#22928
On December 04 2016 19:58 phantomlancer23 wrote:
Boredom hit me very hard, i couldnt keep my attention to the game any minute i put some music and some podcast to listen while playing, i m waiting for the cut of normal or something so much, the game is so boring and meaningless, the stracture and the ryth of the game in the beggining is so bad i had stacked 10 levels in a point.Its a boring process the game should start from cruel giving you some levels and gear.Heh some of you guys who reach maps in 6 hours maybe dont feel this but most players understand what i m saying.I got a tone of crashes too.


My only problem with the game is that there is 1 difficulty too many, "plebs" like us who cant speedrun to maps in one day get real bored, Cruel is just so fucking boring, its easy to steamroll, so its just wasting like 6hrs of my time getting through it with little challenge in between. I cant wait for Act 5 and hopefully the removal of Cruel to streamline the whole thing.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 04 2016 11:31 GMT
#22929
Might simply not be a game for you. I like leveling, but am for removing Cruel. Game crashes aren't happening for me and today even the Breaches are without lags. Best league start ever, and imo the Breaches are great. They are tough (for my build at least) and offer a LOT of drops when you kill fast. My RNG so far isn't good though, at least when I read what Alur said. He has found like 4 items worth all my currency.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 04 2016 12:46 GMT
#22930
I find mapping boring, at least alone. I got a friend to play PoE with me to remove some of that boredom of mapping.

Anyways, is this the BFlurry league, what do you think?
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 13:10:42
December 04 2016 13:08 GMT
#22931
Leveling is amazing day 1 in a tight group, otherwise ehhh, wouldn't mind that one difficulty less. Atm it's a couple hours I could live without but overall not a huge deal considering how much time we spend in maps afterwards.

e: Suggesting to start in cruel with gear is completely bonkers. That's a completely different idea of the people who'd like to see cruel removed, which will most likely happen with A5.

Right now it wouldn't make that much sense considering the game was originally 9 acts and now has 12.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 04 2016 13:14 GMT
#22932
I think they've confirmed cruels getting removed.
phantomlancer23
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
733 Posts
December 04 2016 13:18 GMT
#22933
I dont like leveling so much i prefere the endgame much more.I was hyped by ggg and now i m a bit disappointed,i dont know if normal or cruel removal is better, i was thinking the game needs a lifting to make it more tight.Maybe to start in a more soft cruel like pvp only characters with 20 levels and boots with 30 movement speed.Really i dont know the best solution but when i m thinking i need to play the game 3 times its too much for me.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 04 2016 13:24 GMT
#22934
I actually love this league tbh, gonna get some excellent levelling practice out of it though lol. These mobs are insane.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 04 2016 13:45 GMT
#22935
There was zero reason to expect cruel being removed without a new Act. And it's not like that will make leveling actually shorter either.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
December 04 2016 17:31 GMT
#22936
I kind of agree there's something wrong with cruel. It seemed way too easy.

With the amount of new optional content, they could get rid of cruel and increase the levels of normal zones to make up for it. It's really easy to overlevel content if you do master quests, breaches, trials, lab, etc. instead of simply running through normal.

On a similar note, I'm not sure what they did, but A2 seems to be by far the easiest act in all difficulties now. There is nothing scary in the whole Act. I guess desync was partly to blame for the scariness of Western Forest explosive dudes and boss fights, but even bandits don't hurt.

With that said, cruel was much faster than normal for me, so I don't exactly see a problem with it. Could be another story in HC, but I assume who knows the content won't slow down that much.

On a final note, the lab was a ton of fun. I did not expect a sort of Descent experience in my PoE league. Izaro kicked my ass though, by far the hardest boss in normal/cruel when you do it on level. Took me 4 deaths before I learned its patterns. Then I thought I had won, but it was only his 0.1% HP speech, and I couldn't get a burn going, empty flasks, guessing what attack would come from offscreen, physically shaking, barely dodging, then finally landed a good hit.

Then I realised I forgot to switch increased AoE for Conc Effect. Good times.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 18:27:42
December 04 2016 18:25 GMT
#22937
Cruel as a weapon build feels a lot worse than last league where you could essence 10 white weapons whenever you needed an upgrade. You still level fast enough to need a new weapon quite frequently and sometimes it just isn't there. Or maybe my issue is just that I'm not blade flurry yet who knows.

PS breach really limits the viability of skills with weaker aoe since you kinda gave to be hitting the whole screen even from fairly early in the levelling process.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 04 2016 18:44 GMT
#22938
Imo something is wrong with the dmg of the cold breaches, they are doing way too much damage. The fire one is fairly easy, but it all depends... if 10 spawn directly where I stand I get rekt mostly, but often I have a little breathing room so fast killing keeps the monsters out of range from my Ballista Ranger. But ya I agree with everything you said Sn0_Man, Essences being less frequent during leveling fucking sucks and I absolutely can't imagine playing a low AoE build in Breach.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-04 21:23:00
December 04 2016 20:56 GMT
#22939
4 runs 4 flasks, sweaty palms for nothing. Time to go mapping again.

Edit: On that note, if your build needs Atziri Flask on BHC msg @DamotoriSix, I'll match lowest poetrade.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 04 2016 21:59 GMT
#22940
Yeh they need to basically double the essence appearance rate, way too slow atm.
Prev 1 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 255
MaxPax 241
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 65
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi974
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_254
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko426
crisheroes350
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing2184
B2W.Neo518
DeMusliM271
byalli255
Hui .200
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX155
Mew2King76
Rex36
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 52m
Replay Cast
8h 37m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.