• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8901 users

Path of Exile - Page 1125

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-18 13:28:37
October 18 2016 13:25 GMT
#22481
On October 18 2016 21:55 -Archangel- wrote:
Take into account that with every hit being crit, everyone will be frozen so I will be taking little damage in any fight unless it is a boss fight.
Also this melee version is not so I make a better build than AW, I am just trying to come up with valid melee build around using this unique weapon and elemental damage.

Also, first I have been looking how to make this a CI build but with stun immunity amulet being same slot as the 240 crit multi amulet I would have to sacrifice a lot of damage. Also with no shield being used CI builds suffer a lot more than life builds.


Stun immunity via Valyrium ring. Also cant do anything else other than totem I think. Reflect will just be too much.

Edit: anyone wanna get into pvp with me quick with smoke mine to test the totem accuracy thing ?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 18 2016 13:40 GMT
#22482
On October 18 2016 22:25 vndestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2016 21:55 -Archangel- wrote:
Take into account that with every hit being crit, everyone will be frozen so I will be taking little damage in any fight unless it is a boss fight.
Also this melee version is not so I make a better build than AW, I am just trying to come up with valid melee build around using this unique weapon and elemental damage.

Also, first I have been looking how to make this a CI build but with stun immunity amulet being same slot as the 240 crit multi amulet I would have to sacrifice a lot of damage. Also with no shield being used CI builds suffer a lot more than life builds.


Stun immunity via Valyrium ring. Also cant do anything else other than totem I think. Reflect will just be too much.

Edit: anyone wanna get into pvp with me quick with smoke mine to test the totem accuracy thing ?

Vaal pact and that unique flask that give 20% leech should help vs reflect?
Or just skip maps with reflect mods :D
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-18 14:39:04
October 18 2016 14:35 GMT
#22483
LOL OL OL holy shieett 6linked fused a trypanon on EHC
first time 6l ever
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 18 2016 14:58 GMT
#22484
OK, this would be a CI version of that Pathfinder elemental Cyclone:www.pathofexile.com
It has 16% elemental penetration and 24% penetration vs cold and lightning which would be its two main damage dealing elements.
Survivability should be much better it being a pathfinder CI, damage should be about half of that AW build since two totems = 2x damage. 1 totem base damage is about 2x Cyclone base damage but Cyclone has 50% better attack speed.
Maybe it could be enough to not die to reflect.

Alternative is a Trickster CI: www.pathofexile.com
This guy will have more ES and more Attack speed and he will be generating frenzy charges for a 20% more damage boost. I can run 4 auras with this character (Discipline, HoI, HoT and either Ele Weakness or Warlord's Mark) due to movement skills not costing mana (Cyclone is such skill) but he will not be immune to freeze (without using one slot on body for that) and he will have weaker base ele penetration and weaker damage overall due to not having OP Pathfinder bonuses
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-18 15:02:04
October 18 2016 15:01 GMT
#22485
On October 18 2016 23:35 Probemicro wrote:
LOL OL OL holy shieett 6linked fused a trypanon on EHC
first time 6l ever

Haha, I see you went ahead to play AW trypanon build on this league :D
If you die, sell it to me on standard league. I don't mind playing this on standard if I will have access to 6L weapon :D
LagLovah
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada552 Posts
October 18 2016 22:21 GMT
#22486
On October 18 2016 21:41 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2016 21:09 LagLovah wrote:
On October 18 2016 15:00 EchelonTee wrote:
how did you test that? I searched everywhere and virtually everyone thinks that attack totems require accuracy, because offence stats tab shows "Chance to Hit". honestly I think it's a bug if totems aren't requiring accuracy

!! if you play BV be careful, it's bugged atm and can cause you to lose all buffs (flasks, charges, etc), could fck you

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756165


People assume it can miss because your attack tab shows you can miss, but just test it out. I've played 2 siege ballista characters + warchief... attacks can be evaded and blocked, but you don't 'miss'. I've also played ranged attack totem, and i cant remember on that one, but I believe it was the same. It's been like this for a long time, not sure its a bug.

?

Evaded is the same thing as 'missing' due to a lack of accuracy. Accuracy and evasion are an opposed system. The hit percentage displayed on the character sheet is against a generic level-appropriate evasion value.

Do you mean it can be dodged and blocked, not evaded?


Ya I meant dodged. Don't see it often as not many mobs dodge... blocking is more common ofc.
rSLagLovah on NA xSixLagLovah on Kr
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-19 08:11:43
October 19 2016 08:09 GMT
#22487
On October 19 2016 07:21 LagLovah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2016 21:41 Lachrymose wrote:
On October 18 2016 21:09 LagLovah wrote:
On October 18 2016 15:00 EchelonTee wrote:
how did you test that? I searched everywhere and virtually everyone thinks that attack totems require accuracy, because offence stats tab shows "Chance to Hit". honestly I think it's a bug if totems aren't requiring accuracy

!! if you play BV be careful, it's bugged atm and can cause you to lose all buffs (flasks, charges, etc), could fck you

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756165


People assume it can miss because your attack tab shows you can miss, but just test it out. I've played 2 siege ballista characters + warchief... attacks can be evaded and blocked, but you don't 'miss'. I've also played ranged attack totem, and i cant remember on that one, but I believe it was the same. It's been like this for a long time, not sure its a bug.

?

Evaded is the same thing as 'missing' due to a lack of accuracy. Accuracy and evasion are an opposed system. The hit percentage displayed on the character sheet is against a generic level-appropriate evasion value.

Do you mean it can be dodged and blocked, not evaded?


Ya I meant dodged. Don't see it often as not many mobs dodge... blocking is more common ofc.

Hm I just test Ancestral Warchief with 775 accuracy against merc Hillock, who I think doesn't have dodge chance. He definitely evaded once every 6 attack or so, which seems about right with accuracy check at that level.

Haven't tested with ROT or siege ballista though so they may behave differently, but for melee totem I think accuracy is needed.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-19 09:35:17
October 19 2016 09:34 GMT
#22488
I decided to do life Pathfinder Trypanon Cyclone, I cba to try CI with a character that will not have an ES shield, will not have ES gloves, will have to spend one ring slot for stun resistance and cannot use Tabula Rasa for long as I need the body slot for ES body armor for CI. And I don't play HC so I don't care if I die here and there with life build.

So my planned links are:
+ Show Spoiler +
6L: (G)Cyclone+(G)Added Cold+(B)Added Lightning+(R)Weapon Elemental Damage+(G)Faster Attacks+(B)Conc effect/Increased AoE
4L: (G)HoI+(B)HoT+(B)Blasphemy+(R)Warlord Mark
4L: CWDT+Immortal Call+Increased Duration+Vaal Grace
4L: Stone Golem+Increased Minion Life+Faster Attacks+Leap Slam
6L: AW+Added Cold+Added Lightning+WEA+FA+Conc Effect

The plan is to use single AW as ranged weapon attack and assistance vs bosses and eventually put Kaom's armor in that slot for a huge life boost and just go full Cyclone :D

I bought Trypanon , got it 6S with 20 jews and then wasted 115 fusions and didn't even get a 5L
LagLovah
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada552 Posts
October 19 2016 12:09 GMT
#22489
On October 19 2016 17:09 vndestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2016 07:21 LagLovah wrote:
On October 18 2016 21:41 Lachrymose wrote:
On October 18 2016 21:09 LagLovah wrote:
On October 18 2016 15:00 EchelonTee wrote:
how did you test that? I searched everywhere and virtually everyone thinks that attack totems require accuracy, because offence stats tab shows "Chance to Hit". honestly I think it's a bug if totems aren't requiring accuracy

!! if you play BV be careful, it's bugged atm and can cause you to lose all buffs (flasks, charges, etc), could fck you

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756165


People assume it can miss because your attack tab shows you can miss, but just test it out. I've played 2 siege ballista characters + warchief... attacks can be evaded and blocked, but you don't 'miss'. I've also played ranged attack totem, and i cant remember on that one, but I believe it was the same. It's been like this for a long time, not sure its a bug.

?

Evaded is the same thing as 'missing' due to a lack of accuracy. Accuracy and evasion are an opposed system. The hit percentage displayed on the character sheet is against a generic level-appropriate evasion value.

Do you mean it can be dodged and blocked, not evaded?


Ya I meant dodged. Don't see it often as not many mobs dodge... blocking is more common ofc.

Hm I just test Ancestral Warchief with 775 accuracy against merc Hillock, who I think doesn't have dodge chance. He definitely evaded once every 6 attack or so, which seems about right with accuracy check at that level.

Haven't tested with ROT or siege ballista though so they may behave differently, but for melee totem I think accuracy is needed.


Guess its possible, just looked my Warchief char has 59% chance to hit and plays fine, maybe it has a boost to accuracy, because that should be nearly unplayable levels of hit rate.
rSLagLovah on NA xSixLagLovah on Kr
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 19 2016 12:55 GMT
#22490
On October 19 2016 21:09 LagLovah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2016 17:09 vndestiny wrote:
On October 19 2016 07:21 LagLovah wrote:
On October 18 2016 21:41 Lachrymose wrote:
On October 18 2016 21:09 LagLovah wrote:
On October 18 2016 15:00 EchelonTee wrote:
how did you test that? I searched everywhere and virtually everyone thinks that attack totems require accuracy, because offence stats tab shows "Chance to Hit". honestly I think it's a bug if totems aren't requiring accuracy

!! if you play BV be careful, it's bugged atm and can cause you to lose all buffs (flasks, charges, etc), could fck you

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756165


People assume it can miss because your attack tab shows you can miss, but just test it out. I've played 2 siege ballista characters + warchief... attacks can be evaded and blocked, but you don't 'miss'. I've also played ranged attack totem, and i cant remember on that one, but I believe it was the same. It's been like this for a long time, not sure its a bug.

?

Evaded is the same thing as 'missing' due to a lack of accuracy. Accuracy and evasion are an opposed system. The hit percentage displayed on the character sheet is against a generic level-appropriate evasion value.

Do you mean it can be dodged and blocked, not evaded?


Ya I meant dodged. Don't see it often as not many mobs dodge... blocking is more common ofc.

Hm I just test Ancestral Warchief with 775 accuracy against merc Hillock, who I think doesn't have dodge chance. He definitely evaded once every 6 attack or so, which seems about right with accuracy check at that level.

Haven't tested with ROT or siege ballista though so they may behave differently, but for melee totem I think accuracy is needed.


Guess its possible, just looked my Warchief char has 59% chance to hit and plays fine, maybe it has a boost to accuracy, because that should be nearly unplayable levels of hit rate.

Maybe you just don't notice as with two they hit fast and one shot stuff anyways :D
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-20 14:24:23
October 20 2016 14:22 GMT
#22491
On October 19 2016 18:34 -Archangel- wrote:

I bought Trypanon , got it 6S with 20 jews and then wasted 115 fusions and didn't even get a 5L

I need to comment on my own post. I just checked prices on poe.trade and 23 fusions is 10 chaos. 6S5L Trypanon is 30chaos.... I feel like an idiot

Can anyone explain to me what is the point of trying to link stuff yourself in this game?
I now know why I would always quit playing PoE after few weeks before poe.trade existed....
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
October 20 2016 14:24 GMT
#22492
On October 20 2016 23:22 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2016 18:34 -Archangel- wrote:

I bought Trypanon , got it 6S with 20 jews and then wasted 115 fusions and didn't even get a 5L

I need to comment on my own post. I just checked prices on poe.trade and 23 fusions is 10 chaos. 6S5L Trypanon is 30chaos.... I feel like an idiot


that sounds like someone is trying to sandbag the price. scroll down a bit and i bet most prices are like 2x or more. ill also bet he wont reply when you message him.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-20 14:28:00
October 20 2016 14:25 GMT
#22493
On October 20 2016 23:24 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2016 23:22 -Archangel- wrote:
On October 19 2016 18:34 -Archangel- wrote:

I bought Trypanon , got it 6S with 20 jews and then wasted 115 fusions and didn't even get a 5L

I need to comment on my own post. I just checked prices on poe.trade and 23 fusions is 10 chaos. 6S5L Trypanon is 30chaos.... I feel like an idiot


that sounds like someone is trying to sandbag the price. scroll down a bit and i bet most prices are like 2x or more. ill also bet he wont reply when you message him.

If you are talking about price of Trypanon there are 4 around price of 30chaos, only one was online atm.
And you cannot really charge much more when prophecy item for 5S5L is now 24-25c. The extra you charge is only for the pleasure of having +1 unlinked slot.
For some armors like Cloak of Flame that cost 40c for 6S5L it is not worth extra 15c.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-20 14:33:36
October 20 2016 14:33 GMT
#22494
Also I noticed currency market is borked. There is a 6 chaos difference atm between sale and buy price of exalt. You can earn 6 chaos by buying one with chaos and then selling it again to another person that has it listed he is buying ex for chaos.....
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 20 2016 14:35 GMT
#22495
Those represent market manipulation where people lie about what they are willing to buy or sell at so that others will mis-value their own currency
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
October 20 2016 18:48 GMT
#22496
huh, TIL trypanon is insanely cheap. thought it'd be at least the price of a 5L, guess not.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 20 2016 18:55 GMT
#22497
On October 21 2016 03:48 ticklishmusic wrote:
huh, TIL trypanon is insanely cheap. thought it'd be at least the price of a 5L, guess not.

apparently its like 10x more on HC because chaos are actually worth something so perandus is much less popular
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
October 20 2016 19:07 GMT
#22498
The currency market is way too tightly controlled for a 6c profit from an ex flip to just appear. If you see something like that you should know something's up.

You used to be able to print money doing all kinds of dumb stuff like buying low currency and cycling it through vendors and reselling some higher currency at profit. But stuff like that even was a long time ago. With how robust the tools are for monitoring and manipulating the market amateur stuff like that is pretty much gone.

All worthwhile markets are being manipulated and intercepted with custom programs that process the river slightly faster than poe.trade. How dumb you have to be to go through with a sale when you get whispered within seconds and then mass whispered twenty seconds later I don't know.
~
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
October 21 2016 23:04 GMT
#22499
Lvling is so tedious ....
If I haven't bought every single piece of gear for my new char I would prob give up soon enough =/
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 21 2016 23:08 GMT
#22500
I must be one of the few people that don't really mind leveling. Although I'm all for removing cruel.
Prev 1 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 114
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1131
GuemChi 783
Artosis 614
910 37
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Other Games
summit1g7302
Day[9].tv587
shahzam494
C9.Mang0321
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta31
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur702
• Day9tv587
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2m
Patches Events
16h 2m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.