• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8551 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 487

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 485 486 487 488 489 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
January 13 2015 21:01 GMT
#9721
Don't support that or others will follow suit.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 03:09:50
January 14 2015 03:09 GMT
#9722
Soooooo I think I mentioned that I started playing online because I desperately need the matchup experience I can't get locally. Add me up if you wanna jam, AHeroicRetreat

Will be playing 3-4+ nights a week and will play with anyone if I'm not already in a lobby. Live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, so west coast/midwest USA connections are great, east coast USA playable for the most part.

If I'm not already busy playing I certainly don't mind teaching people either. I think we have several players here at my level who could teach but idk how active any of them are. sung_moon & Excal are good, I know that.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
January 14 2015 03:24 GMT
#9723
I beat excal on arcade. Noob can't even heavy kick. Then he made the machines crash so we could never run it back
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
January 14 2015 03:36 GMT
#9724
On January 12 2015 09:27 Vansetsu wrote:
Well that was fun. Daigo's really been on a roll latley. I had hum as a favorite for CapCup after watching him in Topanga and he's still looking very strong.

Not worth 15$, but it's a good cause maybe? I dunno.


i wonder how much they paid for the venue cause that one camera pan at the prize ceremony, the venue looked HUGE and there was no reason for it to be at a place that big. shit was like 90% empty anyways
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 14 2015 03:38 GMT
#9725
Venue was indeed huge and empty
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 05:04:17
January 14 2015 04:57 GMT
#9726
On January 14 2015 12:09 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Soooooo I think I mentioned that I started playing online because I desperately need the matchup experience I can't get locally. Add me up if you wanna jam, AHeroicRetreat

Will be playing 3-4+ nights a week and will play with anyone if I'm not already in a lobby. Live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, so west coast/midwest USA connections are great, east coast USA playable for the most part.

If I'm not already busy playing I certainly don't mind teaching people either. I think we have several players here at my level who could teach but idk how active any of them are. sung_moon & Excal are good, I know that.

I would love getting my ass kicked sometime if you'd tell me how to get gooder. I've had terrible luck with PC connections lately though, Midwest US might not be too bad I hope.

Edit: Just kidding is that XBL? I have no idea why I assumed PC. It's late for me. XBL id is same as TL.net username. Also again, I'm abysmal (1000PP) feel free to decline my invite and send me a voice message of your favorite (or least favorite) J/Kpop song at maximum audio.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 14 2015 05:05 GMT
#9727
whatever that Brown Eyed Girls video is where they're swinging their hips around, that's my favourite. and don't worry if you're new or scrubby, I have all the patience in the world for teaching people this game. I don't have that 'i don't have time for this' attitude, never will.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 14 2015 05:19 GMT
#9728
On January 14 2015 14:05 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
whatever that Brown Eyed Girls video is where they're swinging their hips around, that's my favourite. and don't worry if you're new or scrubby, I have all the patience in the world for teaching people this game. I don't have that 'i don't have time for this' attitude, never will.


Abracadabra is the song you're looking for.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 14 2015 05:39 GMT
#9729
Thank you. That short-haired girl, mmm-mmm!
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
January 14 2015 07:31 GMT
#9730
On January 14 2015 12:24 pachi wrote:
I beat excal on arcade. Noob can't even heavy kick. Then he made the machines crash so we could never run it back


hahahaha. Milpitas Golfland sure has slipped in maintenance and quality =(((
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 14 2015 22:24 GMT
#9731
Steve your friends list is full D:
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 16 2015 05:21 GMT
#9732
Is it? I'll delete some fools, sorry
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
buMf00d
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands194 Posts
January 16 2015 08:10 GMT
#9733
So how is the online on the pc version nowadays? I used to play AE2012 'competitively' in my country but currently don't even have my xbox hooked up, is pc the go to platform now?
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
January 16 2015 11:12 GMT
#9734
Pc is hit and miss with every person. I mostly have a stable connection with people in central europe nowadays.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-16 18:26:16
January 16 2015 18:26 GMT
#9735
I've still had really bad luck with the PC version. It's very frustrating. Menus seem to have gotten somewhat better but ingame connections are still a total toss up, usually regardless of bars/connection it predicts on the menu. I've been sticking to XBL lately (though not playing a ton of either to be honest). Xbox is pretty much the same as ever.
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
January 20 2015 19:10 GMT
#9736
I was browsing /r/sf4, and noticed frametrapped has been released in a beta state. Download and thread here -

http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/2szuqs/frametrapped_32_open_beta_link_to_download_here/

I'm really excited to test this thing out finally.
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
January 20 2015 21:52 GMT
#9737
I dunno if it was mentioned, but GGPO went down about a month ago and most of the people moved along to fightcade, which is another free program that seems to be a sort of combination of GGPO and supercade with some additional features and GUI improvements.

The latency is debateable though.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
January 24 2015 22:00 GMT
#9738
I'm gonna sound stupid now but what the hell do commentators mean when they say 'conversion'? "Oh that was a nice conversion!" etc. and I still don't get what they are talking about. Is it a fancy way of saying finishing combos?
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-24 22:04:01
January 24 2015 22:03 GMT
#9739
yeah, fancy way of saying not dropping a combo
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 24 2015 22:34 GMT
#9740
On January 25 2015 07:00 kuresuti wrote:
I'm gonna sound stupid now but what the hell do commentators mean when they say 'conversion'? "Oh that was a nice conversion!" etc. and I still don't get what they are talking about. Is it a fancy way of saying finishing combos?


Basically, it means you're good at converting a hit into a full combo even when you can't be sure the first buttons is gonna hit.

One case where you'll find it's not an easy skill to have is when you pressure with frametraps but want to convert into an unsafe move.
Or when you decide to wake up crouch teching, your crLK hit, and you convert it into a full combo, even tho when you first did it, your goal was to tech a potential throw.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 485 486 487 488 489 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1230
ComeBackTV 618
SteadfastSC453
TaKeTV 446
LamboSC2398
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex132
EnkiAlexander 65
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 453
LamboSC2 398
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 167
ProTech152
Rex 132
BRAT_OK 75
UpATreeSC 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32654
Shuttle 1884
EffOrt 927
Mini 619
Light 557
Soma 445
Rush 339
firebathero 318
Snow 206
ZerO 173
[ Show more ]
hero 163
sorry 58
Killer 46
Liquid`Ret 39
Shinee 32
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 22
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 18
Trap 18
Free 12
Terrorterran 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8542
qojqva1339
Dendi972
420jenkins159
Counter-Strike
fl0m1268
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2006
crisheroes1284
XaKoH 192
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1876
B2W.Neo1008
Hui .193
Liquid`VortiX164
ArmadaUGS145
Beastyqt131
KnowMe121
QueenE107
Mew2King76
ToD54
Trikslyr50
Dewaltoss35
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 24
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3225
• TFBlade987
Other Games
• Shiphtur246
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 47m
Stellar Fest
20h 47m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.