• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:30
CEST 22:30
KST 05:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12764 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 52

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 196 Next
Glenstorm
Profile Joined January 2009
United States69 Posts
December 09 2011 04:14 GMT
#1021
V2813-578C3-0F9D4-94DB8-677BC
V217D-F7262-A5DB4-02099-2B8EB
V215E-7ACB3-26A24-BE1BC-A101B

They just don't stop coming!
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 09 2011 04:16 GMT
#1022
By the way, what's the best speedy defensive class? I assume Soldier? I can't bear the immobility of Heavy classes, and I'd love to keep my Pathfinder for assault -- but times do call for defensive play. Soldier seems just the best overall due to the splash of indoors being just obscenely powerful.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
December 09 2011 04:20 GMT
#1023
What do you mean by defensive class? If you are looking to chase down flag carriers you'd probably want a solider/ranger or a light class of your own. If you want to prevent people from grabbing the flag you need a heavy, raider or an engineer. If you're looking to defend the base, I'm not really sure, probably raider.
Logo
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 04:23:25
December 09 2011 04:22 GMT
#1024
On December 09 2011 13:20 Logo wrote:
What do you mean by defensive class? If you are looking to chase down flag carriers you'd probably want a solider/ranger or a light class of your own. If you want to prevent people from grabbing the flag you need a heavy, raider or an engineer. If you're looking to defend the base, I'm not really sure, probably raider.


I'm not one to chase down flag carriers. More of locking down our entire base. Perhaps locking down is the wrong word. Let them in, and keep them in -- fucking them up and basically using the tight area and splash to my advantage. I'll probably stick around with Soldier for this until I can afford a Raider, but yeah. It's mainly protecting the Generator, repairing turrets around and generally defending the base -- mainly the generator though. Double grenades for Soldier + Spinfuser is hilariously strong in tight quarters.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 09 2011 05:06 GMT
#1025
Ranger is by far the best D class. With egocentric you can thumper jump 3 times, and then theres the hitscan. For indoors it'd be a tie between the jug due to new buffs, and the brute for rave grenades.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Mistapibb
Profile Joined August 2010
United States78 Posts
December 09 2011 05:13 GMT
#1026
Word of warning, a dual monitor set up will cause this game to crash... I think that was the problem with my game
It's Moldy
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
December 09 2011 05:38 GMT
#1027
Thanks for the codes guys! Game is installing.

TL is the bestest community evar.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
December 09 2011 05:42 GMT
#1028
On December 09 2011 14:13 Mistapibb wrote:
Word of warning, a dual monitor set up will cause this game to crash... I think that was the problem with my game


I've been playing on dual screens for several weeks. Although I do play with Tribes in full screen windowed mode - try that.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Badbiz
Profile Joined January 2011
United States47 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-10 00:09:24
December 09 2011 06:14 GMT
#1029
First 3 PMs get keys! All gone!
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 09 2011 14:17 GMT
#1030
Any team players want to play this evening/this weekend? Really looking for a good core of friends to play with when this game eventually comes out. Nothing super tryhard or competitive, just a good group of bros that all know their shit.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
December 09 2011 15:27 GMT
#1031
V220D-58AB9-A6654-DE99C-765BF
V26A5-BEEC9-930F4-704B7-9BF27
V20F3-0DE3F-85914-787A5-03E7B
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
December 09 2011 15:39 GMT
#1032
Has anyone tried using the toggle ski rather than push-to-ski setup? I'm thinking about switching and can't really come up with any reason (as a Pathfinder/Jumper at least) that I wouldn't want to use toggle to ski.
Logo
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 16:00:14
December 09 2011 15:59 GMT
#1033
I use toggle to ski. A lot less clicking considering you ski most of the time and rarely walk.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 19:56:31
December 09 2011 16:01 GMT
#1034
On December 09 2011 23:17 Fruscainte wrote:
Any team players want to play this evening/this weekend? Really looking for a good core of friends to play with when this game eventually comes out. Nothing super tryhard or competitive, just a good group of bros that all know their shit.


Yo I'm in. I played the Original Tribes and I've been playing TA for several weeks. I'm certainly no pro lol but I can play just about any class effectively enough :p

Charger29 is my in game name. I should be free tonight and this weekend. However I do get disconnected quite often so that could be a big pain in the ass to deal with.

Edit - Actually I think my name is just Charger in game.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
MenSol[ZerO]
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1134 Posts
December 09 2011 16:04 GMT
#1035
haXard is my name in game, looking for decent people to play with
Prime/MarineKing!!! www.twitter.com/DayTripperSC
Fallacy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-10 06:41:01
December 09 2011 16:30 GMT
#1036
If anyone wants to hit me up in game my name is Fallacy. I'm also looking for a core group to play with.
Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 16:46:11
December 09 2011 16:44 GMT
#1037
Add me up: elos

I play CTF and CTF alone :D Going to be swapping from my leveled up Soldier to Pathfinder, so I'll be doing a lot of shit to farm points a bit early on to get some more perks, but yeah. I tend to have very polarized experiences in this game. Either I run up a 17-25k point game, or I fuck up hardcore and barely break 10k. I don't tend to have middle grounds lol Mostly the former these days though, especially now that I got my routes down.
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
December 09 2011 17:05 GMT
#1038
I hate pathfinder as a class, I just want his perks :/

3 thumper jumps as ranger = ownage
What does it matter how I loose it?
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 17:14:27
December 09 2011 17:12 GMT
#1039
On December 10 2011 02:05 Percutio wrote:
I hate pathfinder as a class, I just want his perks :/

3 thumper jumps as ranger = ownage


I literally am baffled that anyone uses that class anymore. The assault rifle blows dick now compared to Spinfusers after the patch if the one using the Spinfuser knows half of what he's doing.The thumper is just a poor mans Spinfuser. Sure you can triple thumper jump or whatever, but you can go twice as fast with Pathfinder with half the effort because you're a Light class.

My only deaths to Rangers after that patch so far have been to random Thumpers inside of our base. It's hilarious how many times I was ~10 health and two Rangers were chasing me spamming their AR's and missing every single shot. Perfect.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
December 09 2011 17:20 GMT
#1040
On December 10 2011 02:12 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 02:05 Percutio wrote:
I hate pathfinder as a class, I just want his perks :/

3 thumper jumps as ranger = ownage


I literally am baffled that anyone uses that class anymore. The assault rifle blows dick now compared to Spinfusers after the patch if the one using the Spinfuser knows half of what he's doing.The thumper is just a poor mans Spinfuser. Sure you can triple thumper jump or whatever, but you can go twice as fast with Pathfinder with half the effort because you're a Light class.

My only deaths to Rangers after that patch so far have been to random Thumpers inside of our base. It's hilarious how many times I was ~10 health and two Rangers were chasing me spamming their AR's and missing every single shot. Perfect.


That is indeed glorious.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20558
Calm 2155
Shuttle 336
White-Ra 179
Mini 165
ZZZero.O 126
firebathero 77
soO 9
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1594
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4906
Liquid`Hasu609
Other Games
summit1g8017
Liquid`RaSZi2254
FrodaN1838
fl0m1368
B2W.Neo929
olofmeister775
RotterdaM476
crisheroes321
IndyStarCraft 237
Pyrionflax198
Livibee194
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick959
BasetradeTV197
StarCraft 2
angryscii 21
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1544
• Shiphtur668
• WagamamaTV365
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 30m
Replay Cast
2h 30m
OSC
15h 30m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.